Pretty excellent mod, I love the effect of the plugs on the controller. Question though - I've been using the HDT Havoc Breast Physics object for my player character, and the slot that uses interferes with a number of things from Devious Assets. Is there a tutorial out there to teach me how to change the slot that either the Breast Physics or HDT Object uses, or is there an existing patch I'm missing?

37 minutes ago, DarmanSejuk said:

I believe it's the devices that are not working but the yokes never work right. They just result in my body disappearing. same for some of the footwear and bondage gloves.

Have you built the device meshes in bodyslide? Until you do (or if something went wrong when you did) most of them will be invisible. In the case of something that replaces the body mesh (such as the breast yoke, which I assume is what your character is wearing in that screenshot) that means the body will also be invisible.

This tutorial can help if you're not sure how to use bodyslide.

• 4 weeks later...

So I asked this in the DCL thread but got informed that this would be a better location:

I have a question only sort of related to DCL and two suggestions for DCL.

The first is that I´m trying to learn skyrim moddig and would be interseted in making some devious mods once I get the basics. I´m not a great artist or moddeler though so I´ll keep it to coding as much as possible. Are you able to tell me some good recources to get into modding. I´m generally able to figure stuf out when I get the basics so thats mainly what I´m looking for. (I already browsed through the devious devices github for a bit.)

My first suggestion I would assume is named something like devious stages which make a device able to have different stages. I.E An armbinder to pulls tighter resulting in less chance of escape and greater debuffs. Or a plug vibrating at a slower or faster rate epending on its stage. Now the concept stages is not a complete concept but something like this would be amazing I think.

This is mainly used for immersive purposes as now being equipped with a devious device can be even more exciting and extended. It also may act as an setup for the other suggestion I have which would probably be even more extensive.

The second suggestion is Linking devious devices. With this I mean a framework that gives devious devices inputs (What happens when it is triggered by another  device I.E The plugs start slowly vibrating.) and outputs (When another device is triggered, which device and which input of given device. I.E when my blindfold is removed.)

And example usage of this could be: you have been equipped with a full set of devious devices and decide to struggle in your armbinder: Succes! your armbinder is lose but now your plugs start vibrating and you leg iron chains become smaller hindering your step. The biggest inspiration for this i took from a little online adventure game: http://aelie.altervista.org/escape/?g=aelie02

I think that this second suggestion would greatly benefit the ablity for people to create little quests and the like with devious devices. Particularly something like the game would be cool to me.

Anyway I think you're a great modder and hope you keep delivering us exciting new devious adventures. And i do not think that all the fuss right now is warranted.

-Jaxaxus

P.S Is it possible to change a dress when equipped with chastity so it pulls back or for pants to go over the worn plugs in the creation kit? It may not be but it would be an extra bit of immersion if possible. Not a biggie tho!

Hi, I'm not sure if it's from this main mod or one of the other two, but some of the objects are not appearing and are giant !'s instead. I have followed the instructions, I batch built in bodyslide and it still appears as a !, if you have any ideas on what the issue is and/or how to fix it please let me know! Thanks

For a long time I've used this mod without issue on my old computer using NMM.

Recently however I got a new computer, and as such a new skyrim install. I decided to try Mod Organizer 2 this time and everything seemed to work fine.. until I tried to equip a catsuit. On further investigation it proved to be all devious devices that did not exist. Meaning the bodyslide didn't build. However I have run bodyslide through MO, I have set it to output to the overwrite folder, and I have tried absolutely everything I can find on the internet for possible solutions, and nothing works. Some assistance would be appreciated.

I also tried Vortex, same issue.

50 minutes ago, Leytra said:

Recently however I got a new computer, and as such a new skyrim install. I decided to try Mod Organizer 2 this time and everything seemed to work fine.. until I tried to equip a catsuit. On further investigation it proved to be all devious devices that did not exist. Meaning the bodyslide didn't build. However I have run bodyslide through MO, I have set it to output to the overwrite folder, and I have tried absolutely everything I can find on the internet for possible solutions, and nothing works. Some assistance would be appreciated.

Show your mod list (in spoiler tags)? I used to try MO2 but i had some trouble with it because it's 64-bit. It's perfectly fine with Skyrim SE but i went back to MO 1.3.11 for Oldrim. Could be that i didn't try hard enough.

Check my other post if this is what your Bodyslide looks like too https://www.loverslab.com/topic/71481-tutorial-building-dd-items-in-bodyslide-nmmmo/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-2357198

While MO is more flexible than NMM when it comes to install order, you still need to take care of it a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

check if your DD devicehider is running (slot for the hider is selected, by default slot 41(?) long hair)

and removing and equipping the armor will update the devicehider and hide the kinky DD stuff 

Does this work for Followers and NPCs too? They have more problems than my player.

29 minutes ago, xyzxyz said:

Does this work for Followers and NPCs too? They have more problems than my player.

works for followers too if you reequip their armor

not sure about NPCs, especially if you have a looot of NPCs with DDs on them

wouldnt the device hider update them on a cell change/reload?

just make sure that you rise the NPC number that DD can effect in DDi MCM (slider below the update timer slider)

On 8/30/2018 at 10:17 AM, Leytra said:

I use mo2 and usually build for stuff this way.

Start bodyslide up and wait till it is ready to go.

In the outfit/body option set the body you want in my case it would be Unified UNP Special

In the Pre-set box, select the pre-set you use, in my case it would be Katayusaka Moonfox.

In the filters box, on the right hand side of the outfit/body box make sure that all are cleared, if you are unsure hit the cross at the right side of the box, then right click the magnifying glass icon, and select the choose filters button, from there select the appropriate dd items, my list has;

DDX Rubber Suits UUNP

DDX Rubber Suits UUNP HDT

DDX Transparent Rubber UUNP HDT

DDX_Heretical

DDa

DDx

Tick which ever ones you need but only one if dealing with the rubber suits, either hdt or not, same with any other that may offer HDT or not.  Then click OK

Now go down to the button at the bottom left of the screen that says Build Morphs, and left click inside the little white box in front of it, it should leave a x inside it if done, that is if you want scaling and such if not ignore it.

Now hold down the CTRL key and while holding it down click on the batch build button, you should now get a biggish list of all the various items that can be build, now click the Build button, if there are multiples of the same item, bodyslide will now ask you which item you want to build, if there are no duplicates in the build list it will now open a file explorer window, which is asking you where you want to build your meshes, select somewhere you can find easy, anywhere will do as this is just a working directory and you can delete it later on.

Choose anywhere as long as there are no current directories in it called meshes, when you are happy with where it wants to build stuff, now click the Select Folder button, now sit back and wait, eventually bodyslide will finish building stuff.

Now go to where you built the meshes and select that directory called meshes, you can now add that to an archive with what ever program you use to build zip/rar files with, when that is done, I normally rename the zip file with something and then add the build date to the end, now I would normally copy that zip file into where I store my skyrim mod downloads, then install that mod from mo2.

You can also create an empty mod in mo2 and then copy the meshes directory into that empty mod, and active it.

Either way you can now delete the meshes directory from where you built it.  Though it might be worth while waiting till you are sure that things are working the way they should.

That should sort out your problems.

3 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

2 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

works for followers too if you reequip their armor

not sure about NPCs, especially if you have a looot of NPCs with DDs on them

wouldnt the device hider update them on a cell change/reload?

just make sure that you rise the NPC number that DD can effect in DDi MCM (slider below the update timer slider)

As far as I'm aware, the device hider has never worked for anyone other than the player character, and that was by design. I remember discussion of how heavy the script load would be if it functioned for npcs as well, or the general difficulties of getting it to work. It's a player-only feature.

If I ever want an item to hide something else on an npc, or when I'm not running a devious game, I edit the esp of the item I want to hide another. For example: to get a slot 32 cuirass to hide slot 51 nipple rings, I edit the esp containing the cuirass to add slot 51 to its armour addon, while making sure it has a higher priority value than the addon of the nipple rings. It's not 100% reliable, because it's Skyrim, but it usually works.

1 hour ago, SleepyJim said:

As far as I'm aware, the device hider has never worked for anyone other than the player character, and that was by design. I remember discussion of how heavy the script load would be if it functioned for npcs as well, or the general difficulties of getting it to work. It's a player-only feature. 

If I ever want an item to hide something else on an npc, or when I'm not running a devious game, I edit the esp of the item I want to hide another. For example: to get a slot 32 cuirass to hide slot 51 nipple rings, I edit the esp containing the cuirass to add slot 51 to its armour addon, while making sure it has a higher priority value than the addon of the nipple rings. It's not 100% reliable, because it's Skyrim, but it usually works. 

Thanks for that. i just found out that all nipple piercings, dd or not, clip through the body armor.

17 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

Something causes problems with anal plugs. i can't remove them from PC and NPC, I always get the message that a belt blocks it. They wear no belt of course.

First of all, that's a DDi issue.

Second, that should be fixed in DDi 4.1... Are you using an other version?

On 12/15/2016 at 2:48 AM, XenoDrake said:

I'm getting a consistent crash with a new game start on 3.0e. I have generated Bodyslide files, but I don't believe that causes CTD's not having that updated. If I revert back to 3.0d I can start a new game with no CTD.

The CTD occurs right after the loading screen. I never even get to RaceMenu (I have Alternate Starts installed).

"textures\devious\devices\plugIron_em.dds" and "textures\devious\cubemaps\Zad_shinydull_e.dds" are being overwritten by SexLab Devious Butt 2.0. Have these files been changed, and would they produce a crash if they were?

Papyrus log attached.

EDIT: I'm seeing a bunch of Devious Butt attachment errors in the Papyrus log that only exist when updating to 3.0e. Is it possible that the mod needs to be rebuilt with the new Assets 3.0e dependency?

EDIT 2: Confirmed: the culprit seems to be Devious Butt. Disabling it allowed my game to load. I've mentioned this in the Devious Butt thread.

Papyrus.0.log

still don't get you what is the cause exactly for that CTD ...i 'm facing it now ..

On 9/21/2018 at 5:37 PM, aspirine2 said:

still don't get you what is the cause exactly for that CTD ...i 'm facing it now ..

That issue is from almost two years ago mate. It is impossible to be causing problems anymore in the same way. There have been many version changes since. All I can tell you is to look for incompatibilities in your load order and make sure you have up to date Devious Butt.

• 2 weeks later...