• 4 weeks later...

So there's a weird bug I'd like to report, and also request it becomes a feature.

Basically getting the blindfold 'Dark Fog' mode to stick is tricky. It usually involves me switching between 'Leeches Mode' and 'Dark Fog' a few times before it properly loads in.

The result is always that *both* modes are active at the same time (until I load into a new place or load a save).

Honestly both modes at the same time is perfect and I'd love it to be an actual feature. It's the perfect balance of inability to see far, but also features up close are out of focus a bit.

So the bug is that both can be active simultaneously, feature request is for exactly that!

18 hours ago, chon_tun said:

Basically getting the blindfold 'Dark Fog' mode to stick is tricky. It usually involves me switching between 'Leeches Mode' and 'Dark Fog' a few times before it properly loads in.

Skyrim LE:

DDi controls the blindfold effect, not DDa.

I know only 2 ways to get a glitch like that:

> DT2/DT3 is installed => it overrules DDi settings for the blindfold effect (even if deactivated in DT3) and causes you to have to turn Dark Fog back on after every game load. This also causes both blindfold effects to show at the same time.

> If you manage to wear a ZAP blindfold together with a DDi controlled blindfold

If you don't have those installed something other conflicts in your Setup with the blindfold effect (it's not normal to need to switch a few times between modes to make the dark fog work.)

hey does anyone know how I could get one of the older versions so the file registers correctly as one of the masters I need for other mods? Vortex is saying that I need "Devious Devices - Assets.esm" (which I assume this is) for other mods, even though I've downloaded this. (Also please don't tell me to ditch Vortex, that's a conversation for another day)

Thanks!

On 5/26/2020 at 4:27 AM, donttouchmethere said:

Skyrim LE:

DDi controls the blindfold effect, not DDa.

I know only 2 ways to get a glitch like that:

> DT2/DT3 is installed => it overrules DDi settings for the blindfold effect (even if deactivated in DT3) and causes you to have to turn Dark Fog back on after every game load. This also causes both blindfold effects to show at the same time.

> If you manage to wear a ZAP blindfold together with a DDi controlled blindfold

If you don't have those installed something other conflicts in your Setup with the blindfold effect (it's not normal to need to switch a few times between modes to make the dark fog work.)

Huh I guess I'll investigate. If DT is Devious Training then I don't have that installed. I'll check into ZAP blindfold, not exactly sure what that/those are but I'm pretty sure I have them. I'm going to work through my mods soon, I have a fair amount of instability from Cursed Loot right now - mainly revolving around opening menus. *seems* to be like too many scripts running, but I'm not 100% sure right now.

But in any case! They effect of both blindfold effects running is really great, it'd be awesome to see it become a feature.

24 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

What exactly happens there ?

Primarily I just get a CTD when I open a menu, press escape, or any interaction that has an inventory (chest, store, player inventory). This doesn't happen often, maybe once every few hours? It's enough to be annoying but not gamebreaking

Very rarely, SkyUI will sorta open, with lots of artifacting going on. I've researched it before, suggestion was that it was too much script lag and SkyUI is what's actually causing the CTD. If that's true, it's no fault of SkyUI, it's just all the other script heavy mods causing issues.

I will also randomly get CTD when approaching certain areas (Solitude and more Southwest locations primarily).

The CTDs are fairly random, but I always get a 'gut feeling' right before a crash. More objectively I think it's frame drops and slight hiccups.

When I uninstalled Cursed Loot, EVERYTHING feels more fluid and no crashes on menus or when approaching those troubled locations. I've even had situations where I just CANNOT get by a location without CTD. So I uninstalled Cursed Loot, get past the area, then re-install.

WEIRDLY (and this is why I want to investigate), my last save felt amazingly smooth and no issues. But then I noticed I had creature framework installed + animations, but not Animal SOS. Installed Animal SOS, and suddenly those issues came back.

ASOS shouldn't have an impact like that though. It changes skeletons; has no scripts, equips no items, shouldn't have any real impact like what I'm seeing...but who knows. 80+ mods, there's lots of places for weird interactions like this ?

Edit: Actually the game doesn't always CTD, sometimes it just locks up and freezes the screen until I force close/reboot

@chon_tun There is a "Low performance mode" for scripts in DCL, you should try. You may also want to disable its features follower support tab, they are said to add to script lag.

I don't recommend having Creature Framework installed if you can avoid it. At least you can check its MCM if there's a way to reduce it's fast rate ticking cloak for animal arousal. It's not a necessary mod to have more creature animations supported in game.

23 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

@chon_tun There is a "Low performance mode" for scripts in DCL, you should try. You may also want to disable its features follower support tab, they are said to add to script lag.

I don't recommend having Creature Framework installed if you can avoid it. At least you can check its MCM if there's a way to reduce it's fast rate ticking cloak for animal arousal. It's not a necessary mod to have more creature animations supported in game.

Low performance has *sorta* helped, but difficult to tell if it's meaningful. Like I said, it primarily feels like the lag spikes happen when opening inventories - like AS SOON as I press a button CTD. I didn't dig into Cursed Loots scripting too much, but I've been assuming when you open a menu CL does some script checking to spawn in items, and potentially lock stuff on you and that that was what causes CTDs.

Thanks for the heads up on the cloak ticking in Creature Framework. Honestly it's not something I'm totally set on keeping. Currently going through mods right now and may remove it.

My issues are definitely from a combo of mods. When I pare things down CL doesn't seem to be giving me issues.

1 hour ago, chon_tun said:

... the lag spikes happen when opening inventories - like AS SOON as I press a button CTD. ...

Just saying that my game does also sometimes go into state where opening inventory takes even 2-3 seconds for some reason. I have not narrowed down what could causing it.

However my game is roughly 99.9% stable. I can't get it to crash no matter what i do ingame. Can do playing sessions of several hours and exit normally. Weird/badly scripted mods can cause instability even for me though but it usually appears as freezing at most (i don't think i have any of such mods atm). You can do a lot for you Skyrim to combat CTD's. If you think you have done all you could there's likely more to do still, because if it's still crashing you didn't do it right.

1 hour ago, Zaflis said:

Just saying that my game does also sometimes go into state where opening inventory takes even 2-3 seconds for some reason. I have not narrowed down what could causing it.

However my game is roughly 99.9% stable. I can't get it to crash no matter what i do ingame. Can do playing sessions of several hours and exit normally. Weird/badly scripted mods can cause instability even for me though but it usually appears as freezing at most (i don't think i have any of such mods atm). You can do a lot for you Skyrim to combat CTD's. If you think you have done all you could there's likely more to do still, because if it's still crashing you didn't do it right.

Yup always more to do.

I just went through my mods and the order and all seemed mostly fine. However I did come across an old one I installed "Skyland", I looked it back up and it's a full 2k retexture. I'm running on integrated graphics, so I hypothesized this might be sucking up valuable CPU time and in fact it was.

Once removed everything is feeling far more fluid and no crashes yet.

Seems to confirm that my issue was just related to script lag/too much processing going on, not necessarily any mod on its on right.

1 hour ago, Zaflis said:

I'm on GTX 1060 6GB VRAM and 16GB RAM.

Jelly my dude. I'm running a 2015 Macbook pro, integrated graphics, virtualized Windows via Parallels ? 

I will say, the one awesome advantage of running a virtual system is being able to snapshot the system as I get to stable mod setups so i always have something to revert to.

• 1 month later...

Hello guys, i'm having some animation issues, I don't remember if it's due to DD or ZAZ animation pack, but i've just reinstalled these mods today, and through the FOMOD installer, I installed walk/run animation for bounds arms and yoke etc proposed through the installer. 
Thing is I haven't equiped any devices, but my char does DD (or Zaz) animations when I walk, sneak, run without anything equiped. I ran FNIS and all... could you help me somehow please ?

ScreenShot8.bmp ScreenShot9.bmp

• 3 weeks later...

Hit a problem. Seemingly doing everything right, but bodyslide isnt building some assets it seems(invisible gags etc, when starting with "alt. start - live a devious life" everything is ok but gag is invisible). There seems to be no help from googling either. it seems like DDx has some files in other places with only .nif files and no .osp files. I have no idea how to get my invisible gags and probably some other stuff too visible.

7 hours ago, Cuznazi said:

Hit a problem. Seemingly doing everything right, but bodyslide isnt building some assets it seems(invisible gags etc, when starting with "alt. start - live a devious life" everything is ok but gag is invisible). There seems to be no help from googling either. it seems like DDx has some files in other places with only .nif files and no .osp files. I have no idea how to get my invisible gags and probably some other stuff too visible.

Gags have no BodySlide files because they're not for the body, and are considered as one-size-fits-all items (at least for the human and elf races.) It's the same for blindfolds. They're part of the core files that everyone should have. If you don't have meshes for them, it sounds like something went wrong during installation. So, I'd suggest reinstalling DDa, and DDx if the expansion gags are also missing.

4 hours ago, merManc said:

Gags have no BodySlide files because they're not for the body, and are considered as one-size-fits-all items (at least for the human and elf races.) It's the same for blindfolds. They're part of the core files that everyone should have. If you don't have meshes for them, it sounds like something went wrong during installation. So, I'd suggest reinstalling DDa, and DDx if the expansion gags are also missing.

seems that it was just a missing files for the alternate life(live a devious life) problem, that only that mod had something missing, i feel derpy now for trying to fix something without even realizing what the problem was.

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, llokii70 said:

Is that the latest version of Assets for Legendary.

Indeed it is. DDa has stopped getting new versions for quite a while now. Continued development and expansion of DD as a whole is in DDi and DDx, which are at version 4.3a as of right now.

• 1 month later...

hey im having trouble getting the game to download it gets halfway then fails is there another way to download it

On 7/31/2013 at 6:00 AM, Zadil said:

View File

Devious Devices: Assets

This is a collection of SM-themed gear and devices for CBBE-HDT (Bodyslide) and UUNP female bodies.

A compre use these devices can be found at the

Devious Skyrim thread

USAGE

Simply install this mod with the mod manager of your choice.

REQUIREMENTS

Bodyslide and Outfit Studio

Which can be found here

SexLab Framework (any recent version)
Some items in this package have SexLab keywords attached to them to ensure compatibility with other adult mods

KNOWN ISSUES

Headgear (gags, blindfold,...) may not always fit perfectly depending on the character's race and facial features.

Minor clipping and/or deformation issues may occur when the character assumes extreme poses or performs certain movements.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

1. How do I access or use these devices?
Devious Devices: Assets is a modder's resource and doesn't place the items ingame nor assign or provide support for custom ingame behavior - these aspects are handled and maintained by separate 'Devious Devices' mods. Any issues with such should thus be referred to the respective mod author.

2. Why is a certain device not working properly?

See answer to the previous question.

3. Why do some devices not fit my player character?
These assets were made for a specific set of bodies (see 'Requirements'). Other body types are not supported and may cause visual anomalies.

4. Will there ever be support for males/beast races/additional bodies?

Probably not

5. Will there ever be support for additional bodies?

CBBE-HDT and UUNP are the most widely used and the most versatile body mods available for Skyrim. There is hardly any good reason to use another body. Given the stage in Skyrim's lifecycle, it is very unlikely to see a new body mod getting released with the potential to surpass either CBBE's or UUNP's popularity. We also do no want to continue support for older fixed-shape body mods, as this would dramatically increase our modellers' workload for very little gain. You can use Bodyslide to generate any body shape you wish, so there is no point in supporting a fixed-shape body.

5. Can I re-use these items in my own creation?

You're very much welcome to use the mesh and texture contents of the DDa mod in your own creative works if the following conditions are met:

1) The resulting mod or product should be available for free

2) There should be a brief mention of the source somewhere in the description and/or readme. Something along the lines of “Featuring Zadil’s meshes and textures from the Skyrim mod ‘Devious Devices: Assets’” would perfectly suffice.

Oh, and don't forget to drop me a short message with a link to the finished result. I'd be curious to see it.

6. Can I make suggestions regarding future content?

No new content is planned for DDa at this time. Please refer to DDx instead.

Credits

Min
for his outstanding work on the Integration mod and project management

Kimy

for keeping the chaos at bay

Koffii

for contributing additional high quality meshes & textures

Zaz & Xaz

for providing complementary animations to some devices

Coopervane

for his assistance regarding nif shader parameters & mod maintenance

Pincopallino

for the CBBE Slidersets

Gameplayer

for the UUNP Slidersets

All DD modders and beta testers

for their time and efforts

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/31/2013
  • Category
  • Requires
    Bodyslide and Outfit Studio, SexLab (any)
  • Special Edition Compatible

On 7/31/2013 at 6:00 AM, Zadil said:

View File

Devious Devices: Assets

This is a collection of SM-themed gear and devices for CBBE-HDT (Bodyslide) and UUNP female bodies.

A comprehensive list of mods that use these devices can be found at the

Devious Skyrim thread

USAGE

Simply install this mod with the mod manager of your choice.

REQUIREMENTS

Bodyslide and Outfit Studio

Which can be found here

SexLab Framework (any recent version)
Some items in this package have SexLab keywords attached to them to ensure compatibility with other adult mods

KNOWN ISSUES

Headgear (gags, blindfold,...) may not always fit perfectly depending on the character's race and facial features.

Minor clipping and/or deformation issues may occur when the character assumes extreme poses or performs certain movements.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

1. How do I access or use these devices?
Devious Devices: Assets is a modder's resource and doesn't place the items ingame nor assign or provide support for custom ingame behavior - these aspects are handled and maintained by separate 'Devious Devices' mods. Any issues with such should thus be referred to the respective mod author.

2. Why is a certain device not working properly?

See answer to the previous question.

3. Why do some devices not fit my player character?
These assets were made for a specific set of bodies (see 'Requirements'). Other body types are not supported and may cause visual anomalies.

4. Will there ever be support for males/beast races/additional bodies?

Probably not

5. Will there ever be support for additional bodies?

CBBE-HDT and UUNP are the most widely used and the most versatile body mods available for Skyrim. There is hardly any good reason to use another body. Given the stage in Skyrim's lifecycle, it is very unlikely to see a new body mod getting released with the potential to surpass either CBBE's or UUNP's popularity. We also do no want to continue support for older fixed-shape body mods, as this would dramatically increase our modellers' workload for very little gain. You can use Bodyslide to generate any body shape you wish, so there is no point in supporting a fixed-shape body.

5. Can I re-use these items in my own creation?

You're very much welcome to use the mesh and texture contents of the DDa mod in your own creative works if the following conditions are met:

1) The resulting mod or product should be available for free

2) There should be a brief mention of the source somewhere in the description and/or readme. Something along the lines of “Featuring Zadil’s meshes and textures from the Skyrim mod ‘Devious Devices: Assets’” would perfectly suffice.

Oh, and don't forget to drop me a short message with a link to the finished result. I'd be curious to see it.

6. Can I make suggestions regarding future content?

No new content is planned for DDa at this time. Please refer to DDx instead.

Credits

Min
for his outstanding work on the Integration mod and project management

Kimy

for keeping the chaos at bay

Koffii

for contributing additional high quality meshes & textures

Zaz & Xaz

for providing complementary animations to some devices

Coopervane

for his assistance regarding nif shader parameters & mod maintenance

Pincopallino

for the CBBE Slidersets

Gameplayer

for the UUNP Slidersets

All DD modders and beta testers

for their time and efforts

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/31/2013
  • Category
  • Requires
    Bodyslide and Outfit Studio, SexLab (any)
  • Special Edition Compatible