Okay now I see the things about body slide how do you about using it when you use MO? Since the instructions of it are not very clear. At least to me.

The troubleshooting section of the nexus bodyslide page has nice, clear instructions on how to set it up to run through MO. Basically, install it like any normal mod. Tick it in the left pane. Click on Data in the right pane and expand the tree to find CalienteTools\BodySlide\BodySlide.exe. Right click the exe (you need the 32bit version) and select to add as executable. When you want to run the tool select it from your executables drop down list in MO and select run, or, when you have it selected in the drop down list choose to create a shortcut in your tool bar, and from then on you can just click the shortcut to run it no matter which exe is selected in the list at the time.

Once you've built whatever meshes you want with it they will automatically overwrite any of those meshes you already have installed and active in MO or - if you don't already have the meshes somewhere - they will be placed into your overwrite mod. You can then open the overwrite mod and drag and drop the meshes folder you find there into another mod in the left pane (such as your DDa mod) or you can right click overwrite and select Create New Mod, giving it a name you'll recognise. Tick the resulting mod to activate it.

I'm getting a consistent crash with a new game start on 3.0e. I have generated Bodyslide files, but I don't believe that causes CTD's not having that updated. If I revert back to 3.0d I can start a new game with no CTD.

The CTD occurs right after the loading screen. I never even get to RaceMenu (I have Alternate Starts installed).

"textures\devious\devices\plugIron_em.dds" and "textures\devious\cubemaps\Zad_shinydull_e.dds" are being overwritten by SexLab Devious Butt 2.0. Have these files been changed, and would they produce a crash if they were?

Papyrus log attached.

EDIT: I'm seeing a bunch of Devious Butt attachment errors in the Papyrus log that only exist when updating to 3.0e. Is it possible that the mod needs to be rebuilt with the new Assets 3.0e dependency?

EDIT 2: Confirmed: the culprit seems to be Devious Butt. Disabling it allowed my game to load. I've mentioned this in the Devious Butt thread.

Papyrus.0.log

Unless some other new body mod suddenly gets unexpectedly popular. *giggles*

I'm going to make a new body type called UNCDBP7GBEU and it'll be super popular and awesome and everyone will want to use it and you'll have to redo everything just for it ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Either that, or combining them all will make a horrible nightmare-inducing monstrosity and people will set fire to their screens rather than use it. Could go either way.

attachicon.gifthething-monster-deformed.jpg

Was wondering if you could make an NPC that looks like that? I totally want my character to get ripped in half by that thing! lol

Unless some other new body mod suddenly gets unexpectedly popular. *giggles*

I'm going to make a new body type called UNCDBP7GBEU and it'll be super popular and awesome and everyone will want to use it and you'll have to redo everything just for it ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Either that, or combining them all will make a horrible nightmare-inducing monstrosity and people will set fire to their screens rather than use it. Could go either way.

attachicon.gifthething-monster-deformed.jpg

Was wondering if you could make an NPC that looks like that? I totally want my character to get ripped in half by that thing! lol

Me? I know nothing of modeling, animating, texturing, skeleton rigging, or anything else that goes into doing something like that. I was just being a smartass, as usual. ;)

If you have a hankering for some weird beasties, though, try this mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35631/?

I haven't tried it, but I keep meaning to. :)

Hello,

I'm using the latest version of DDa and for some time I encountered a graphical glitch, and I don't know how to fix it. I'm using a UUNP Special body, and with Bodyslide I built the HDT versions of the devious devices. Also I use the "Fair Skin Complexion" mod for the body textures and Apachii Sky Hair (including natural retextures). The body is set to UNP Petite at character creation time, while the normal body is the zero-slidered one.

The glitch is, that skin shows through the restrictive collar's texture, and I have not found a way to fix it (see attached image).

Any pointers to fixing this glitch would be appreciated! :)

- CG

post-1422714-0-94654600-1481915423_thumb.png

Like a number of others posting on this forum, I've been having a LOT of trouble learning to use BodySlide and getting it to work with Assets (and Expansion and Cursed Loot). I kept trying to follow the instructions offered by merManc and Content Consumer, but got nowhere fast; the outfits were simply not showing up when the Outfits/Body button was pushed. They were available as a choice on the group filter - but if I selected them then nothing at all would show up with the Outfits/Body button. By the way, I am using the CBBE version.

I began to troubleshoot by verifying the NMM had installed the DDa mod correctly. Well, it had - but that's when I discovered the problem: All of the SliderSet files had installed with an .osp extension  - but all the other SliderSet files installed by other mods and by BodySlide itself were .xml files. 

So I simply renamed all these .osp files so that they had .xml extensions, and presto! they all appeared in BodySlide like they were supposed to. Unfortunately the magic ended there - everything appeared, but when I ran Batch Build, all of the outfits failed.

I started looking at these .xml files, comparing the  DDa files to those for other mods that had worked. I found that the DDa files used a command "<DataFolder>" to define the location of the source files, where the working files used "<SetFolder>".  I replaced all instances of "DataFolder" with "SetFolder" - and finally that seems to have corrected the problem. The Batch Build  worked, and all outfits were processed successfully.

I went back and checked my download, and I found that both of these issues only seem tp apply to the CBBE files. The UUNP SliderSet file was an .xml file, and it used the correct "SetFolder" command.

I'm not the brightest with modding but when i installed dda and the other mods that play off it the items are there but when equipped nothing shows up it just removes that part of the normal model

BodySlide is a requirement. What the mod description doesn't make clear is that this doesn't mean bodyslide simply has to be installed. It means you have to run bodyslide and use it to build the device meshes for the body shape you use. If you haven't done that the meshes won't exist in your game, resulting in invisible devices.

Hey,

I recently reinstalled Skyrim, added and updated all the new versions of Devious Devices with Mod Organizer, but now some devices are invisible when worn ingame. When I drop them they have a model and everything looks fine, but when worn they just disappear.

When i googled for it, i found that i should set "bInvalidateOlderFiles = 1" in the Skyrim.ini but that didnt help, then i thought it might be the device hider, but i have every setting turned off. 

Anyone any idea what i could've done wrong?

Edit: When i use player.showinventory the items that dont show have "BAD EDITOR ID 1300xxx" with the id.

Also whats weird is, that with the harness for example it show the garness collar but not the actual harness when equipped (just the harness equipped, not the collar)

E2: Whoops sorry, reading the post above me now and trying it :x

I'm not the brightest with modding but when i installed dda and the other mods that play off it the items are there but when equipped nothing shows up it just removes that part of the normal model

BodySlide is a requirement. What the mod description doesn't make clear is that this doesn't mean bodyslide simply has to be installed. It means you have to run bodyslide and use it to build the device meshes for the body shape you use. If you haven't done that the meshes won't exist in your game, resulting in invisible devices.

i have that installed but the problem persists

Having bodyslide installed by itself doesn't really do anything, you have to use it to convert the items to your body type.

Having bodyslide installed by itself doesn't really do anything, you have to use it to convert the items to your body type.

how do i do that?

Not surprised to hear that people are getting really fed up of questions about how to use Bodyslide over and over again.

There really needs to be a dedicated guide page on here about how to setup and run all the DD mods with bodyslide correctly

because it's getting too much.

I have tried my best to learn it, but I still have unanswered questions. I would be happy to do it myself if I knew the answers

but I don't, sorry.

how do i do that?

It's easy, start Bodyslide, pick your preferred body type press the "Build" button or fiddle with the sliders to alter that body to change anything you'd like to change (remember to save a new preset if you really like the change) and then press build.

Once that's done in the lower left hand corner you'll see a "Batch Build" button, click that to build armor and clothing to fit the body you just built. You may have to select between HDT and non-HDT items to get started and then it will run for a while and when it's done you should have your body and items all built.

Not surprised to hear that people are getting really fed up of questions about how to use Bodyslide over and over again.

There really needs to be a dedicated guide page on here about how to setup and run all the DD mods with bodyslide correctly

I have tried my best to learn it, but I still have unanswered questions. I would be happy to do it myself if I knew the answers

but I don't, sorry.

Bodyslide for DD works the same way as any other bodyslide mod, there are dozens of guides and video's on how to do it if you would look. I would suggest starting with the ones on the download page for bodyslide itself.

but I don't, sorry.

Bodyslide for DD works the same way as any other bodyslide mod, there are dozens of guides and video's on how to do it if you would look. I would suggest starting with the ones on the download page for bodyslide itself.

Thank you Veladarius, your mods are excellent I have enjoyed them all.

However I was thinking more along the lines of a dedicated DD guide as all the available

videos and tutorials were not designed and aimed at noobs who have a full set of DD mods from Loverslab

installed. The long list of different bodytypes and presets is so offputting, It has been 3 weeks since I made the switch

from ccbe curvy to first time bodyslide and I still don't know if I have got it right.

Devices on my character look right but on npc's and followers they just look horrendous with clipping everywhere except on nords and is the chastity bra supposed to look like that now? These are questions I am still asking here, no current guide has the answer.

Keep up the good work, thanks for CD.  ;)

What bug fixes were fixed with 3.0e exactly? I'd like to know. If it's too much to post, can a general idea be given? Mesh node inconsistencies, texture patchwork, narrowing down incompatibilities? It'd be nice to know. Not trying to sound needy.. Sorry. xD I am dealing with a few issues and I'd like to see how DDa 3.0e will affect it.

Here is the process in the nutshell.

• Install all mods with your preferred mod manager.
  • Open BodySlide.
  • Select the Body preset you are using from Preset list.
  • Set "Body Morphs" active and run Batch Build.
  •  If you have conflicting files, then BodySlide will prompt asking which version you wish to use. For DD items, selections are mostly between HDT and non-HDT files. Pick item versions you wish to appear in your game (if going with full HDT, you don't really need to make any changes) and run Batch Build.

Mod Organizer specific instructions:

• Install BodySlide through Mod Organizer. Add it to applications from right hand Data tab -> CalienteTools -> BodySlide -> BodySlide.exe. Right click and select option to Add as Executable.
  • Make sure that your Overwrite folder is clean, before running BodySlide.
  • Proceed running BodySlide in MO, as described above.
  • Once BodySlide is done, the content will appear in Overwrite. Create a new mod folder from it, by right clicking it, select the presented option Create Mod.. and name the new mod (for example: Output BodySlide or <ProfileName> BodySlide). Se it active in your MO left panel. BodySlide usually makes changes to that specific folder, so you do not need to pick meshes from Overwrite again, unless you add new items, or cleared the old mod folder from content.

If you have already built some other gear, or you have just updated DDa, DDx or Cursed Loot with mesh changes, then you could set only all DD items active from top right corner Group Filter. Run Batch Build as above.

Thank you Morferous for your kind and well written advice.

I don't remember which bodyslide preset I am using anymore since Kimy said it was UUNP and it came with Bodyslide

because I always used cbbe before and can't tell one unp body from another, so I have no idea if I did everything right.  :D

I'm with the peeps who have little or no understanding of Bodyslide. I don't like video tutorials, I prefer text and illustrations. The tutorials I have seen generally tell you what to do but not what you are actually doing.

I've just installed SR, Zaz and DD and followed the Bodyslide tutorial on page 154 of this thread. In game my character is stood as if in a pillory with her sword sticking out from her groin like some razor-sharp schlong. She is fully dressed and can walk. She walks normally but without the FNIS sexy move. If she crouches she puts her arms behind her as if in binders. She has also lost her breasts. I'm using UNP Special.

I'm also starting from a save game.

So my question is: WTF is going on? Did I manage to screw up on the Bodyslide thing? If so then how do I unscrew it? I'm not in Whiterun, I've had the message to investigate but haven't been there yet (haven't gone anywhere yet). Why had DD kicked in when I haven't actually done anything. SR is the only mod I have that uses DD.

This looks a really interesting mod with its different ways of doing it. I would  have much preferred it if the DD and Zaz stuff was optional.

Edit: I've just unticked SR, DD and Zaz in NMM. On going back into the game my char assumes the same position and Zaz announces it has installed WTF. Also noticed that other females are walking as if in a pillory but stand normally when they stop. WTF.

Edit 2:

Here is a screenshot of the problem. Everything she is wearing is her own regular gear.

post-1130761-0-00457900-1482325927_thumb.jpg

I'm with the peeps who have little or no understanding of Bodyslide. I don't like video tutorials, I prefer text and illustrations. The tutorials I have seen generally tell you what to do but not what you are actually doing.

I've just installed SR, Zaz and DD and followed the Bodyslide tutorial on page 154 of this thread. In game my character is stood as if in a pillory with her sword sticking out from her groin like some razor-sharp schlong. She is fully dressed and can walk. She walks normally but without the FNIS sexy move. If she crouches she puts her arms behind her as if in binders. She has also lost her breasts. I'm using UNP Special.

So my question is: WTF is going on? Did I manage to screw up on the Bodyslide thing? If so then how do I unscrew it? I'm not in Whiterun, I've had the message to investigate but haven't been there yet (haven't gone anywhere yet). Why had DD kicked in when I haven't actually done anything. SR is the only mod I have that uses DD.

This looks a really interesting mod with its different ways of doing it. I would  have much preferred it if the DD and Zaz stuff was optional.

I had a similar issue when I updated DD once, try this: equip an armbinder and take it off again.

I had a similar issue when I updated DD once, try this: equip an armbinder and take it off again.

And where would I find an armbinder? See my edit above.