In Bodyslide 4.0, all the DDA and DDX CBBE new meshes appear under the unassigned group. When selecting unassigned, NONE of the Bodyslide presets (original, or my own) show in in the dropdown list. Am I doing something wrong?

Update your bodyslide files. That's what usually fixes this sort of thing.

I'm having this issue as well, along with the new bodyslide (v4.0). Anyone else also have this issue?

Yes.  And I have spent a couple of hours trying to work out what you do next.   :dodgy:

Mercifully, going away for a few days, and am hoping that when I come back, someone will have addressed the problems of the clueless, such as me

Can someone, please, explain in words of one syllable to the technically ignorant such as myself, how you use Bodyslide?  :P

Using Bodyslide 4.  I've read the wiki.  I've read the github instructions.   While I am sure that it is clear to techies, for the uninitiated, most of it sounds like someone speaking in a foreign language, using some obscure regional dialect that omits most of the verbs and all of the punctuation

More seriously, I managed to find the assets and the groups in which they appear.  But selecting even just one item, like the hobble skirt, to try to 'build' it, there are no target presets showing at all to build it to.  Do I have to rebuild the body first, to get those, or something else?

TIA, to anyone who will take the trouble to help thickos like me  :D  

It seems that there's no SliderGroups file for the CBBE installation, which seems to be causing the presets dropdown to be empty.

If you are having trouble finding your presets in the dropdown menu, you could try adding the group I've fixed up.

DDAX_Slide_Group.zip

I greatly sympathise with everyone struggling to understand bodyslide, and it doesn't surprise me there are so many. It's a fantastic tool, yes, but it's tough to get the hang of. There are lots of tutorials around but they all seem to share one thing in common - they appear to have been written on the assumption that the end user already has a basic working knowledge of the tool and the terminology, which results in there apparently being no tutorial available that gives a basic working knowledge of the tool and the terminology. I read and watched lots of tutorials when I was trying to get my head around bodyslide months ago and I can only use it (to a limited degree) because I muddled through myself with trial and error.

Anyway, while I know what I do usually works, I can't really explain how or why or help others understand it. What I've always done to build outfits to my chosen body:

1. install the latest bodyslide and choose the UUNP options (and/or CBBE if that's what you want)
  2. install the mod(s) you need to build outfits for, which should include bodyslide slider sets for those outfits
  3. run bodyslide
  4. in the top left drop down menu select the base type of body you want to build your outfits for (for me, UUNP - HDT)
  5. in the drop down menu below that select the specific preset you want to build your outfits to fit (for me, UUNP - UNP)
  6. in the group selector drop down menu, at the top in the middle, select the group the outfits you want to build belong to (could be labelled for the devious mods in this case, or unassigned)
  7. if you chose one of the racemenu morphs options when installing bodyslide, and want the outfits you're building to use that feature, tick the box next to the batch build button near the bottom left. this is to create a tri file for each piece as well as the usual 0 and 1 weight meshes and allow your outfits to change shape with your character's body when you adjust it in racemenu - I think
  8. click the batch build button near the bottom left
  9. select/deselect the individual pieces you want/don't want to build (for dd there may be options for hdt or no hdt, so pick only one for each item)
  10. click to go ahead and everything should be built to the correct folder

Hopefully that helps some people. For the record, I haven't had a chance to try out the updates yet but I'm looking forward to giving them a go. Thanks all for your work!

In Bodyslide 4.0, all the DDA and DDX CBBE new meshes appear under the unassigned group. When selecting unassigned, NONE of the Bodyslide presets (original, or my own) show in in the dropdown list. Am I doing something wrong?

Update your bodyslide files. That's what usually fixes this sort of thing.

I'm having this issue as well, along with the new bodyslide (v4.0). Anyone else also have this issue?

Yes.  And I have spent a couple of hours trying to work out what you do next.   :dodgy:

Mercifully, going away for a few days, and am hoping that when I come back, someone will have addressed the problems of the clueless, such as me

Can someone, please, explain in words of one syllable to the technically ignorant such as myself, how you use Bodyslide?  :P

Using Bodyslide 4.  I've read the wiki.  I've read the github instructions.   While I am sure that it is clear to techies, for the uninitiated, most of it sounds like someone speaking in a foreign language, using some obscure regional dialect that omits most of the verbs and all of the punctuation

More seriously, I managed to find the assets and the groups in which they appear.  But selecting even just one item, like the hobble skirt, to try to 'build' it, there are no target presets showing at all to build it to.  Do I have to rebuild the body first, to get those, or something else?

It seems that there's no SliderGroups file for the CBBE installation, which seems to be causing the presets dropdown to be empty.

If you are having trouble finding your presets in the dropdown menu, you could try adding the group I've fixed up.

attachicon.gifDDAX_Slide_Group.zip

Thank you. This is a much better solution. Without Slider Group you have to choose the Unassigned group and then manually choose the required files in the batch build. That can be quite troublesome if you haven't used BodySlide before.

Create a working directory, it can be anywhere you want as long as its empty, desktop works fine.

Start Bodyslide, in the outfit/body section choose the body you want, whether it is cbbe hdt or unified uup special or whatever,

In the Preset box choose the preset you want, whether that is cbbe curvy, petite or uunp - unp, 7base or what every or you own custom pre-set.

Tick the build morphs button, next hold down the alt key and then click on the batch build, you will now get  a list of all items you can build, right click and choose deselect all, next go down the list putting ticks in the boxes of all the items you want to build, when you have finished choose Build.

You will now get a file manager type window, navigate to the working directory you made earlier, and choose Select Folder, If you have multiple options for the same item it will pop up a box called choose output set, place a tick in the item you want for each output set, you should not really have more than 1 item so it should not pop up.

Choose ok, now sit back and wait till all the stuff is built, now goto the working directory you made, and zip the meshes directory there up, wait till its finished, now add that zip file as a new mod in nmm, or mo or however you manage your mods.

Sorted. :shy:

PSA:

We're working on addressing the reported issues as fast as we can. I'm uploading them as they're implemented so if you absolutely can't wait for the main download to update, you can test them here:

Assets
Integration
Expansion

Fixed so far:

• Elegant/Relaxed Hobble Dress rooting
  • Missing slider groups (CBBE and UUNP)
  • CBBE elegant dress mesh
  • Chain harness mittens should now equip properly (may not affect already existing mittens, must spawn a new one)

Warning! These are development versions. User discretion is advised! If you are not comfortable with work in progress updates, PLEASE wait for official downloads.

So here's a really weird bug I have with 3.0. When I equip ANY slave heels it "equips" a different pair instead, usually black pony boots. However they are not really equipped since I can equip any regular (non-devious boots) to remove them, they just stop the current boots from being equipped. Boots seem to work alright on a new save though just my current play through. luckily 2.9 seems to work fine so I guess I'll use that for the time being.

So here's a really weird bug I have with 3.0. When I equip ANY slave heels it "equips" a different pair instead, usually black pony boots. However they are not really equipped since I can equip any regular (non-devious boots) to remove them, they just stop the current boots from being equipped. Boots seem to work alright on a new save though just my current play through. luckily 2.9 seems to work fine so I guess I'll use that for the time being.

Cannot reproduce. But if it only affects existing savegames, I don't think we'll be able to :C

We're at the moment trying to determine whether some of the errors being reported that we cannot confirm are caused by old saves.

Is there anyone else who is experiencing similar issues related to devious shoes?

Here is the new release, until Zadil gets a chance to update the download page:

https://github.com/DeviousDevices/DDa/archive/V3.0b.zip

Done. The primary download now points to the fixed version (v3.0b).

Awesome.  Is there anyway to restore the full change log?  Currently expanding it ONLY shows the one change for 3.0b, which is a few steps past useless for those of us return to Skyrim fun after a few month's hiatus~

Guest batiota

I had a problem with the Assets integration, When I wear any part, it doesnt lock. ddx and dcl works fine!

Are you getting the item from integration or assets?
Assets
Guest batiota

I had a problem with the Assets integration, When I wear any part, it doesnt lock. ddx and dcl works fine!

Are you getting the item from integration or assets?
Assets

Try spawning in the integration version instead.

Thanks man!  now it worked perfectly :D

Vaginal Piercing both underscore 0 and 1 are missing from the release build.

UUNP slider set does not include the V piercing as it was not needed to work as the position of the vag is pretty much identical across all unp bodies.

Players that still have the previous build can simply drag and drop them into their meshes\devious folder.

So I have a problem that I just can't seem to fix by myself.   When ever I put on most items from the mod they simply don't show up on my character,  none of the boots or gloves work or any of the leg and arm bands and about only half of the collars show,  and absolutly none of the chastity stuff shows up either.....although I have access to all the plugs.    when I "equip" any boots or gloves my hands and feet just disappear.    Please help.