Is the whole beast race thing 3 years ago been completely scrapped? I might end up finishing my own conversions if that's the case, because I'm starting to get really tired of seeing cats and lizards with clipping headgear.

Not sure what happened 3 years ago (I wasn't modding back then), but beast race support isn't on our bucket list these days.

Hello, what is the best way to update the Assets (in my case, from 2.9 to 3.0e) without starting a new game?

Sanks!

Upgrading the assets should not require a new game. Just running Bodyslide after installation should do! :)

Is the whole beast race thing 3 years ago been completely scrapped? I might end up finishing my own conversions if that's the case, because I'm starting to get really tired of seeing cats and lizards with clipping headgear.

Not sure what happened 3 years ago (I wasn't modding back then), but beast race support isn't on our bucket list these days.

I might try and finish the rest of the items tonight then, including expansion's items (not heretic ones though, no idea how to fit the bridle gags on them without it looking silly).

Are there any things I should be aware of, should I attempt and release it?

Upgrading the assets should not require a new game. Just running Bodyslide after installation should do! :)

Thank you for your quick reply, Kimy, I definitely appreciate it. As this is regarding my main, long-term character, I just wanted to clarify whether I should uninstall 2.9, how to uninstall it properly, whether I should drop any DD from my inventory while updating, etc. Thanks again!

Since I know a lot of people have been having issues with bodyslide and creating the items and my suggestion of making a basic set for download was ignored I have made 2 sets of the items using standard presets:

Set 1 used the CBBE HDT body with the CBBE v3.2 preset

Set 2 used the Unified UNP HDT body with the UUNP-UNPB body preset

Each contains the all of the DD items, just drop the folder into the Data folder. It also includes a copy of the nude body but you will have to place that in the proper folder yourself. I have not tested these myself as I have my own presets that I use but they should work as the mesh files are there.

They are available for download with the Captured Dreams files (separate flies from the CD mod).

Beautiful, and thank you, but... would it be possible to put something in the description page of your mod explaining what these files are? I went through updating all of my LL mods recently and I had no idea what these files were or what they did until, just now, I stumbled across this post while searching this thread for a fix to something probably not related.

So I'm having an odd issue that I don't know how to fix.  I previously had Skyrim setup using Nexus Mod Manager, but due to numerous issues, decided to rebuild using Mod Organizer.  I went through the process of reinstalling things a bit at a time and I when I went to reinstall Devious devices, any of the meshes that aren't build by bodyslide (collars, blindfolds, hoods) don't appear.  I know the zaz functions are running, because when I equip a gag, the mouth opens for the gag animation, but no actual gag shows up.  When I equip a hood, the face dissapears completely, there's no hood.  Anything I build in bodyslide (harness, belt, nipple stuff) shows up, and matches my body (UUNP, zeroed sliders).  I'm pretty sure the issue is Mod Organizer, but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  I did redownload the most recent verisons of all the Devious devices (assets, expansion, and integration), but I can't get it to work.  Any ideas what to try?

http://imgur.com/a/JhBfH

So I'm having an odd issue that I don't know how to fix.  I previously had Skyrim setup using Nexus Mod Manager, but due to numerous issues, decided to rebuild using Mod Organizer.  I went through the process of reinstalling things a bit at a time and I when I went to reinstall Devious devices, any of the meshes that aren't build by bodyslide (collars, blindfolds, hoods) don't appear.  I know the zaz functions are running, because when I equip a gag, the mouth opens for the gag animation, but no actual gag shows up.  When I equip a hood, the face dissapears completely, there's no hood.  Anything I build in bodyslide (harness, belt, nipple stuff) shows up, and matches my body (UUNP, zeroed sliders).  I'm pretty sure the issue is Mod Organizer, but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  I did redownload the most recent verisons of all the Devious devices (assets, expansion, and integration), but I can't get it to work.  Any ideas what to try?

MO appears to be working correctly and stuff is where it should be judging by your screenie.

But your resource priority panel appears to be out of whack somewhat. Resource priority basics are sort your plugins with loot and match the resource pane to the sorted LO. It doesn't have to be followed religiously but LAL should be somewhat dead last and DD should be much higher for instance. XPMSE should be after your bodyslide output also.

Not saying that is why your meshes aren't working but it is a good habit to have in MO.

MO appears to be working correctly and stuff is where it should be judging by your screenie.

But your resource priority panel appears to be out of whack somewhat. Resource priority basics are sort your plugins with loot and match the resource pane to the sorted LO. It doesn't have to be followed religiously but LAL should be somewhat dead last and DD should be much higher for instance. XPMSE should be after your bodyslide output also.

Not saying that is why your meshes aren't working but it is a good habit to have in MO.

Quite correct, but let me open this a bit further for clarity.

Original file distribution for mods was ESM/ESP + BSA (if any.)

- ESM and ESP files include records for the game. With NMM and Workshop, load order also determines the order for BSA files, except for loose files, which will win all conflicts.

- BSAs are archive files for resources, such as textures, meshes and scripts.

MO does not sort content of BSA files according to load order. Left panel manages resource priorities instead. You will need to sort that out manually. That is the tedious part of MO.

Benefit is that you can always see all conflicts directly from left panel. Other benefit is that this method supersedes the order of installation process for NMM: once mod folders are placed, you do not usually need to reinstall plenty of files, just to update one.

Notable example is XPMSE. It's ESP file (if used) does not need to be last in your load order, but it should win all conflicts in your left panel. Once you have moved it there, you can update XPMSE, without worrying other mods with custom skeletons interfering with it.

Back to your original issue: your DD mods should have low priority in your left panel, like they have in your load order (right panel.) Let other mods use their assets, as they intend to.

Quite correct, but let me open this a bit further for clarity.

Original file distribution for mods was ESM/ESP + BSA (if any.)

- ESM and ESP files include records for the game. With NMM and Workshop, load order also determines the order for BSA files, except for loose files, which will win all conflicts.

- BSAs are archive files for resources, such as textures, meshes and scripts.

MO does not sort content of BSA files according to load order. Left panel manages resource priorities instead. You will need to sort that out manually. That is the tedious part of MO.

Benefit is that you can always see all conflicts directly from left panel. Other benefit is that this method supersedes the order of installation process for NMM: once mod folders are placed, you do not usually need to reinstall plenty of files, just to update one.

Notable example is XPMSE. It's ESP file (if used) does not need to be last in your load order, but it should win all conflicts in your left panel. Once you have moved it there, you can update XPMSE, without worrying other mods with custom skeletons interfering with it.

Back to your original issue: your DD mods should have low priority in your left panel, like they have in your load order (right panel.) Let other mods use their assets, as they intend to.

OK, I guess I thought that the priority only truly mattered for handling conflicts then.  So if two (or more mods) are creating the same files, the ones you wan't to "win" should have a higher priority.  Since the devious devices mods don't have any conflicts (at least for me), I was under the assumption that their priority in the left pane didn't matter at all.  Here's a screenshot of me moving them like I think you're describing, is this what you mean?  Because I tried running Skyrim again using it like so, and it still wasn't working.

http://imgur.com/a/Fz6ZQ

Your first screenie showed that the file path was good for the meshes. I have no idea of problems outside of user error of what could be wrong. Really the only way to troubleshoot at this point is to double check the archives and make sure you have everything and it is where it should be.

You could try going back to MO 1.3.11. I haven't upgraded to the newest version because it has or had some issues with SL. If it ain't broke.....

By your second screenie - Bodyslide output needs to be below AIO HDT and CBBE base. Your bodyslide generated mesh needs to win all conflicts.

I clump all my armor mods and base body in one stretch of the resource panel. Below that i have bodyslide and below that my skeleton. If i read what Morferous wrote correctly XPMSE doesn't need to be below your body mesh but my experience with older skeletons has been HDT glitching out if above so old habits die hard.

Edit - An afterthought. You did generate a base body mesh in BS right? If not, using the same preset you used for the batch build hit the big build button bottom center. It would explain your problems.

Your first screenie showed that the file path was good for the meshes. I have no idea of problems outside of user error of what could be wrong. Really the only way to troubleshoot at this point is to double check the archives and make sure you have everything and it is where it should be.

You could try going back to MO 1.3.11. I haven't upgraded to the newest version because it has or had some issues with SL. If it ain't broke.....

By your second screenie - Bodyslide output needs to be below AIO HDT and CBBE base. Your bodyslide generated mesh needs to win all conflicts.

I clump all my armor mods and base body in one stretch of the resource panel. Below that i have bodyslide and below that my skeleton. If i read what Morferous wrote correctly XPMSE doesn't need to be below your body mesh but my experience with older skeletons has been HDT glitching out if above so old habits die hard.

Edit - An afterthought. You did generate a base body mesh in BS right? If not, using the same preset you used for the batch build hit the big build button bottom center. It would explain your problems.

I don't see what bodyslide has to do with this though, since the meshes that aren't appearing in game are not coming from bodyslide, they are coming straight from this mod.  The bodyslide files I am generating are winning their conflicts.  There are actually two bodyslide "mods" on the left pane, but each one I generated was specific.  The Devious Devices Bodyslide Output mod in my screenshot only includes meshes built by Devious Devices.  Not all of the meshes included in all of my mods.  This includes things like the harness, belt, corset, pony boots, and gloves.  Those show up correctly in my game.  The ones that don't show up are the armbinders, gags, hoods, blindfolds, collars, plugs, etc..  Those files aren't part of bodyslide, there are just meshes included in the assets mod since there aren't bodyslide files for them..

Also I do have a body, the AIO HDT mod includes the body if you tell it to install it, which I did.  If I rebuild the body in bodyslide, it will lose the collsion data that includes as part of the mod, right?

Files (Meshes) for Devious Devices Assets:

http://imgur.com/U9J0Ruf

Devious Devices Assets conflicts (none):

http://imgur.com/15oj6aX

in game rendering:

http://imgur.com/6HHpehi

Inventory:

http://imgur.com/h3vgXAH

The folder where Mod Organizer has it installed:

http://imgur.com/zNIYIzL

I don't see what bodyslide has to do with this though, since the meshes that aren't appearing in game are not coming from bodyslide, they are coming straight from this mod.  The bodyslide files I am generating are winning their conflicts.  There are actually two bodyslide "mods" on the left pane, but each one I generated was specific.  The Devious Devices Bodyslide Output mod in my screenshot only includes meshes built by Devious Devices.  Not all of the meshes included in all of my mods.  This includes things like the harness, belt, corset, pony boots, and gloves.  Those show up correctly in my game.  The ones that don't show up are the armbinders, gags, hoods, blindfolds, collars, plugs, etc..  Those files aren't part of bodyslide, there are just meshes included in the assets mod since there aren't bodyslide files for them..

Also I do have a body, the AIO HDT mod includes the body if you tell it to install it, which I did.  If I rebuild the body in bodyslide, it will lose the collsion data that includes as part of the mod, right?

in game rendering:

Inventory:

If using AIO you can still generate the body mesh with bodyslide with all the functionality. The top left pull down menu outfit/body needs to be COS body (which is the base that AIO uses). You can set the preset to whatever you want and fiddle with the sliders. Just keep the base and preset the same between body and batch. In your screenie you are wearing gear that has been generated from your batch build and non generated. Atm I suspect that your base body and the generated are not matching

Helping someone remotely is tricky, If i was at your computer I could troubleshoot it in minutes.

in game rendering:

Inventory:

If using AIO you can still generate the body mesh with bodyslide with all the functionality. The top left pull down menu outfit/body needs to be COS body (which is the base that AIO uses). You can set the preset to whatever you want and fiddle with the sliders. Just keep the base and preset the same between body and batch. In your screenie you are wearing gear that has been generated from your batch build and non generated. Atm I suspect that your base body and the generated are not matching

Helping someone remotely is tricky, If i was at your computer I could troubleshoot it in minutes.

I'm actually using UUNPS, so COS doesn't show up in my bodyslide.  Just for kicks I tried rebuilding the UUNP Special body with the zeroed sliders preset, which is what I build my Devious devices with, but that didn't fix it.  Also my isue isn't with things that are built in bodyslide.  The common error with DD and bodyslide is people don't build it all (missing meshse), or use the wrong preset/sliders, meaning the items clip.  I'm not having that issue.  The harness/belt/gloves fit the body.  The things that aren't matching are the things that I'm not build ing in bodyslide because they aren't buildable in bodyslide.  The gag/hood/blindfold don't show up in game or bodyslide, but there's no way to make them match my body because I'm not building them in bodyslide.  

Edit:  I did get this working.  I had to manually copy all of the non bodyslide meshes out of my Mod Organzier mod folder into my skrim data folder, which kidn of goes against what Mod Organizer is supposed to do, but it's working, at least.  I still think the issue is with Mod Organizer, but I don't know what it could be

Okay, I got a weird problem, talked to Skyrimll earlier, because it affect one of Skyrimll's. Told to try to ask here.

So, I was away for a year, I updated the 3 primary Devious Device mods from the versions I had installed on my PC a year ago, it didn't show up on MCM despite waiting for 20 or so real minutes & multiple reloads. I have never faced this problem before, do you have any clue as to what causes this?

clipping?

I know I've missed something but don't know what.. :/ look at Lydia's body, even the corset clips more on me

im using uunp bodyslide, rebuilt the files but..

Did you build the meshes with the same settings as your body?

outfit/body = unified unp hdt

preset = uunp - unpb

or is that wrong?

or should the preset be uunp - unp?

Hi, I have some difficulties understanding how to properly use BodySlide to build the meshes for the clothing. I am using RaceMenu and have created my own body using the CBBE Morphs aviable in said menu. My question is how I can export the body I've created into BodySlide, so that I can build the meshes. Thanks in advance.

Hi, I have some difficulties understanding how to properly use BodySlide to build the meshes for the clothing. I am using RaceMenu and have created my own body using the CBBE Morphs aviable in said menu. My question is how I can export the body I've created into BodySlide, so that I can build the meshes. Thanks in advance.

You can't, that's not how it works. You need to build your body preset in Bodyslide and then batch-build our devices with it selected.

If you need help operating Bodyslide, there's a lot of tutorials out there, even on this site.

• 2 weeks later...

So, custom blindfolds seem to be broken. Did a search of this topic to see if anyone else mentioned it, and the top results didn't have both words in them, so thought it might be a good idea to mention this. (Though might make more sense in DDx or DDi)

Specifically, they're broken in that the standard DD take-them-off dialogue seems not to take them all the way off, leaving the model covering the eyes but removing the DD-blindfold visual effects (e.g.: dark fog), and the ability to wear anything else helmet- or blindfold-wise even after selling the item in question. Not entirely sure, but seems to have something to do with a blank string for a name. 

Mostly this comes up with Deviously Cursed Loot sometimes rolling a custom blindfold, but it's shown up elsewhere. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everybody !

After installing the mod, the character can not wear things like a hood. Tell me how to fix this

I have a mod Wet and Cold. He adds the Hoods to the game. After installing this mod, i can not put a hood on the character!

It's the device hider. It uses slot 41, which I think a few other mods do use for hoods. You can change the slot it uses in the devious MCM on the devices underneath page.

Hello everybody !

After installing the mod, the character can not wear things like a hood. Tell me how to fix this

I have a mod Wet and Cold. He adds the Hoods to the game. After installing this mod, i can not put a hood on the character!

It's the device hider. It uses slot 41, which I think a few other mods do use for hoods. You can change the slot it uses in the devious MCM on the devices underneath page.

Thank you so much :)  :)  ;)

• 3 weeks later...