Cyberpunk 2077 is the most used single player game on steam today.

On 10/20/2022 at 4:03 AM, Wandering_Mania said:

Wait a second... I thought the new 'Phantom Liberty' DLC was going to have a price-tag attached. At least that's what I heard was going to happen.

Are you saying it's going to be free?

And if so: Where did you hear that?

Well that is in itself kind of a problem. Because you don't buy a product based on the fact that it might become better after it gets fixed. And a company should never sell a product that they know isn't even close to finished; With the exception of Early Access games that the purchaser knows what they are getting.

But 'fully released games' that are only half finished, are becoming more and more prevalent and that is in itself 'false advertising'. And it's illegal to do that in the US(probably other places as well) . But because of the way CDPR advertised with such aggression, when the game came out in the state that it did, it brought to the spotlight how these game companies are easily getting away with doing this over and over. Hence the lawsuits CDPR got hit with.

If companies are going to release a half finished game, fine, they can do just that. But that game better be classified as 'early access', and not as a 'full release'. There's a reason the differing terms exist. The misrepresentation of what the product actually consists of, and how they expect the consumer to know what they are getting with the massive amounts of PR 'hype spinning'; Backed by an overall faulty 'refund system', just pushes buyers into a state of being easily conned, and some having no way of requesting or receiving any kind of refund.

And people say that 'government regulation of the games industry would be a bad thing'? I say, that government regulation is the only way to save it. Because these companies are getting far out of hand, and starting to, more often than not, take advantage of the fact that they can get away with ripping people off at every given turn.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-free-dlc-includes-johnny-silverhand-photo-mode-guns-and-more/1100-6500697/

I haven't heard that they would be charging for DLCs. but...

https://blog.turtlebeach.com/cyberpunk-2077-phantom-liberty/

I say nobody should buy it until they fix the rest of the game properly and make a commitment that they won't do this crap again. however, we all know there will be people that will buy it no matter how much shit it was or how bad the game had bugs that they never fixed etc.

Looks like they might even change engines.

CDPR hinted at this back in May during a financial Q&A with investors. At the time the studio’s CEO suggested that the unnamed Cyberpunk 2077 expansion would be the final project to use CD Projekt’s in-house Red Engine before the studio moves to the Unreal Engine.

Part of above's link

Edited by RitualClarity
3 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

Wait a second... I thought the new 'Phantom Liberty' DLC was going to have a price-tag attached. At least that's what I heard was going to happen.

Are you saying it's going to be free?

And if so: Where did you hear that?

You may have noticed that up until now we’ve avoided mentioning the price of this expansion. That’s because for the time being CD Projekt Red has avoided announcing a price for the expansion.

Although updates for the game have all been free so far, CDPR has long planned for a “paid expansion” for the game, so you won’t be getting Phantom Liberty for free.

Likewise, whilst we could look to The Witcher 3 expansion for some sort of hint – Witcher 3 Blood and Wine cost $19.99, and the Heart of Stone expansion cost $9.99 – it’s worth noting that these expansions were released back in 2015.

DLC costs have gone up, and in a world where Sony can charge $70 for the remake of The Last of Us Part 1, we wouldn’t be surprised to see Phantom Liberty over the $35 mark.

This will be a PAID expansion, like 30 bucks or so.

4 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

I say nobody should buy it until they fix the rest of the game properly and make a commitment that they won't do this crap again. however, we all know there will be people that will buy it no matter how much shit it was or how bad the game had bugs that they never fixed etc.

I agree, but we all know how that's going to end up...

Spoiler

26 minutes ago, fishburger67 said:

This will be a PAID expansion, like 30 bucks or so.

That's what I thought.

Okay and so after playing the game for a good portion of it I noticed one thing. They made it even worse than it was.

Before you could do any of the gigs, and even the Delemain car retrievals at any time you wanted too, and the NCPD actions where clearly marked in two categories.

Now, the gigs and Delemain quests have been turned into linear arcs. And every NCPD action is marked as the same thing on the map, even though there are still those base two types.

So in basically your either waiting for this or that. Or running from here to there to here to there. Because you can no longer stay in an area, clear it, then move onto the next. As it sends you running all over town, all the time. Oh and on top of that, half of the gigs that I know exist, I don't even know how to unlock them, because they are all part of Rogue's stuff to get Johnny's clothing set. And they seemingly just pop up at random, when they used to start after you took care of the VDBs arc.

The game may have been a bit cluttered, and buggy at launch, but at least you had the option to do things how you wanted to do them. Now it just funnels you down a linear path of 'let's hope this works'.

1 hour ago, Wandering_Mania said:

Okay and so after playing the game for a good portion of it I noticed one thing. They made it even worse than it was.

Before you could do any of the gigs, and even the Delemain car retrievals at any time you wanted too, and the NCPD actions where clearly marked in two categories.

Now, the gigs and Delemain quests have been turned into linear arcs. And every NCPD action is marked as the same thing on the map, even though there are still those base two types.

So in basically your either waiting for this or that. Or running from here to there to here to there. Because you can no longer stay in an area, clear it, then move onto the next. As it sends you running all over town, all the time. Oh and on top of that, half of the gigs that I know exist, I don't even know how to unlock them, because they are all part of Rogue's stuff to get Johnny's clothing set. And they seemingly just pop up at random, when they used to start after you took care of the VDBs arc.

The game may have been a bit cluttered, and buggy at launch, but at least you had the option to do things how you wanted to do them. Now it just funnels you down a linear path of 'let's hope this works'.

Yes I noticed that last time I played.

Also the driving seems to be exactly the same as it was at launch; With the cars/bikes having almost zero gravity to them. Despite what every one says about how "CDPR made vast improvements to the driving"; Well if they did, I sure as hell don't see any.

The radio is also now messed up as the 'NC News segments' kick in a lot more often, and even interrupt songs, like they are the President of the NUSA with some critical life or death information.

And on top of all that, the game now runs my CPU* core temp up to 'thermal throttling' levels, which it didn't even come close to doing in January of this year. And that's even if I turn all the settings down to bare minimum manually (I know about the 'graphics preset' bug).

*I have a water/liquid cooled 11th gen i-7.

I mean, CDPR don't seem to making the game better at all; But they do seem to be changing it into something far worse than what was released. As unbelievable as that may sound.

6 minutes ago, fishburger67 said:

All you guys beating up on CP2077.

Not all of us agree.  In my view, it is clearly the best game to play this year, hands down, no competitors.

To each his own opinion. But you at least have to admit that there was a lot of wrong doings by CDPR, and massive flaws with CP2077.

Wasn't this game stolen from the developers like the whole dam thing swiped from their company servers? I bet the male character junk is still sticking out of whatever gay ass pants the player decides to wear. I can't stand the gang start path but it is funny in the beginning... then jackie drags you all over town blah blah blah all the way. When the fuck do you get to do whatever you want? then there is the dam woke garbage spewing from npcs left and right throughout the game and hookers you can't fuck like... really? This game wasn't make for a sesame street audience so why not put sex in there? 

This game will probably be full of bugs and other problems for years to come, I expect starfield to be out and some mods for it both normie and sexksy by the time this game is working better.

1 hour ago, Zor2k13 said:

Wasn't this game stolen from the developers like the whole dam thing swiped from their company servers?

CDPR's servers got hacked by some ransomware, and it caused the delay of patch 1.1. Their source code was copied (not lost), as well as some other internal corporate things; But they had backups, hence the delay of said patch. But that was a good year or more back, after the release of the game.

then there is the dam woke garbage spewing from npcs left and right throughout the game and hookers you can't fuck like... really? This game wasn't make for a sesame street audience so why not put sex in there?

Oh there is both hookers, or 'Joy Toys' as they are called in game, and sex in it. But I'd more call the game something closer to a 'meme stream'. Because just about every meme or reference you can think of, is packed into the game somewhere.

This game will probably be full of bugs and other problems for years to come, I expect starfield to be out and some mods for it both normie and sexksy by the time this game is working better.

Oh I doubt they will ever fully fix 2077 and make it into a decent piece of soft. And even though I fully expect Starfield to be just as buggy, if not even more buggy, as prior 'Bugthesda' games, at very least, the creation engine is pliable enough for the modders to fix what Bugthesda wont.

2 hours ago, Zor2k13 said:

Wasn't this game stolen from the developers like the whole dam thing swiped from their company servers? I bet the male character junk is still sticking out of whatever gay ass pants the player decides to wear. I can't stand the gang start path but it is funny in the beginning... then jackie drags you all over town blah blah blah all the way. When the fuck do you get to do whatever you want? then there is the dam woke garbage spewing from npcs left and right throughout the game and hookers you can't fuck like... really? This game wasn't make for a sesame street audience so why not put sex in there? 

Id also like to add the fact that they made the romances locked, and especially with Judy where you have to be female V voice and body, unlike other where you only need the body to romance them (sounds like discrimination to me lol) and the fact that people discovered that you could just add a simple console command to fully romance her as Male V and its all there proves that, another fact would be that she was the most advertised alongside the Male character in the marketing and the fact that many were hyping her up and the devs threw some teases here and there. TBH they should just unlock all the romances, its the cyberpunk future, things like sexuality is so devalued and used up and gender like our human bodies can be changed so much that the most important thing that is valued is human connection, you also build up connection with these characters where it feels that the devs obviously were going to make all the romances for all, but ofc the woke crowd needed that narrow mind set to satisfy the small percentage. In fact there was a percentage of people who played the game and 65% of the overall players romanced PANAM, and the game had 3 other options, which only proves how the devs are being to blind and into woke politics to admit the truth. Seriously, id love to romance for example Male V and Judy or Female V and Panam, or even River and Male V, the quests in the game all elude to those options should've been unlocked. Its all about experience and connection not some arbitrary invisible walls.

Edited by SolidVault
44 minutes ago, SolidVault said:

Id also like to add the fact that they made the romances locked, and especially with Judy where you have to be female V voice and body, unlike other where you only need the body to romance them (sounds like discrimination to me lol) and the fact that people discovered that you could just add a simple console command to fully romance her as Male V and its all there proves that, another fact would be that she was the most advertised alongside the Male character in the marketing and the fact that many were hyping her up and the devs threw some teases here and there. TBH they should just unlock all the romances, its the cyberpunk future, things like sexuality is so devalued and used up and gender like our human bodies can be changed so much that the most important thing that is valued is human connection, you also build up connection with these characters where it feels that the devs obviously were going to make all the romances for all, but ofc the woke crowd needed that narrow mind set to satisfy the small percentage. In fact there was a percentage of people who played the game and 65% of the overall players romanced PANAM, and the game had 3 other options, which only proves how the devs are being to blind and into woke politics to admit the truth. Seriously, id love to romance for example Male V and Judy or Female V and Panam, or even River and Male V, the quests in the game all elude to those options should've been unlocked. Its all about experience and connection not some arbitrary invisible walls.

In the future (Cyberpunk future) Gender is fluid. Sexuality is fluid. Hell they have transgendered models with huge dicks in advertisements. Nobody bats an eye. Nobody cares. In a world like that, I can't see someone being particular if they developed a great connection.  I can see that happening in Cyberpunk. Restrictions don't make sense even considering wokeness.

36 minutes ago, SolidVault said:

In fact there was a percentage of people who played the game and 65% of the overall players romanced PANAM, and the game had 3 other options, which only proves how the devs are being to blind and into woke politics to admit the truth.

I would have liked that option (the Panam romance), but from as far back as pre-expansion Ever Quest, I have been making female characters when there was a choice. It kinda became a habit (no pun intended). So I got the choice of, either break my long standing tradition, or stick with pulling Judy out of NC (Nomad ending FTW). But the latter isn't such a bad option.

37 minutes ago, SolidVault said:

Seriously, id love to romance for example Male V and Judy or Female V and Panam, or even River and Male V, the quests in the game all elude to those options should've been unlocked. Its all about experience and connection not some arbitrary invisible walls.

Yeah, I'd like those options as well. The reasons stated above.

43 minutes ago, SolidVault said:

TBH they should just unlock all the romances, its the cyberpunk future, things like sexuality is so devalued and used up and gender like our human bodies can be changed so much that the most important thing that is valued is human connection, you also build up connection with these characters where it feels that the devs obviously were going to make all the romances for all, but ofc the woke crowd needed that narrow mind set to satisfy the small percentage.

And the sad thing is that the woke crowd probably didn't even buy the game at all. Even though they both:

A: Had a hissy fit over the Chromanticore 'Mix It Up' poster that was revealed before launch.

And B: Still got pandered to by CDPR.

59 minutes ago, Wandering_Mania said:

And the sad thing is that the woke crowd probably didn't even buy the game at all. Even though they both:

A: Had a hissy fit over the Chromanticore 'Mix It Up' poster that was revealed before launch.

And B: Still got pandered to by CDPR.

Id say that the game went woke with many of these ideas around that "Mix it up poster" when it was shown back in 2019, i remember the woke crowd hounded and threatened CDPR unless they had to recruit one of their activists in order to solve the "problematic" stuff in their game development. And yeah id say most of them never really bought the game at all and just there to be hype weirdos because they are pandered to by CDPR.

8 hours ago, Wandering_Mania said:

To each his own opinion. But you at least have to admit that there was a lot of wrong doings by CDPR, and massive flaws with CP2077.

I happened to start at 1.6 patch even though I had bought the game much earlier on sale. I love Skyrim, greatest game made so far but far as I can tell my CP2077 has less bugs at this point.

13 hours ago, Wandering_Mania said:

To each his own opinion. But you at least have to admit that there was a lot of wrong doings by CDPR, and massive flaws with CP2077

I went in with no preconceptions.   I saw a trailer or two and it didn't actually look like my cuppa tea.  What I found was a great game with a great story and was a blast to play on the PC.  I think CDPR's big problem was that they released it on consoles.  I found one major bug.  One and there was a work-around for it.  Beyond that, it worked flawlessly for me and my machine was no state of the art thing.

10 hours ago, SolidVault said:

Seriously, id love to romance for example Male V and Judy or Female V and Panam, or even River and Male V, the quests in the game all elude to those options should've been unlocked. Its all about experience and connection not some arbitrary invisible walls.

You already can.

Get a cnet console up and at the start of each session

for i, v in next, {"judy"} do Game.GetQuestsSystem():SetFactStr(v.."_romanceable", 1) end

Game.SetDebugFact("judy_romanceable",1)

It works very well.  She has gender specific dialog for both male and female protagonists.

8 hours ago, SolidVault said:

Id say that the game went woke with many of these ideas around that "Mix it up poster" when it was shown back in 2019, i remember the woke crowd hounded and threatened CDPR unless they had to recruit one of their activists in order to solve the "problematic" stuff in their game development. And yeah id say most of them never really bought the game at all and just there to be hype weirdos because they are pandered to by CDPR.

And see that's the problem. They get extremely loud, get pandered to, and their not even the 'core audience'.

But when the 'core audience' makes the same level of noise about anything else, functionally, bugs, mechanics, and so on. We instead just get up and silenced. And in turn it ends up driving out parts of the 'community' that actually fight for the betterment of the game itself, rather than the destroying of it. But this is what happens when the corpos give power, vocal, or actual, to the wrong people; But that is sadly a repeated mistake throughout human history. It's always those that are looked at as 'downtrodden before' that are pandered to, and given power, now; And that rarely results in a better outcome in the end.

4 hours ago, Vuulgar said:

I happened to start at 1.6 patch even though I had bought the game much earlier on sale. I love Skyrim, greatest game made so far but far as I can tell my CP2077 has less bugs at this point.

37 minutes ago, fishburger67 said:

I went in with no preconceptions.   I saw a trailer or two and it didn't actually look like my cuppa tea.  What I found was a great game with a great story and was a blast to play on the PC.

Well, for those of us who both, followed the development, and got it day one; It was, and still is a massive disappointment.

37 minutes ago, fishburger67 said:

I think CDPR's big problem was that they released it on consoles.  I found one major bug.  One and there was a work-around for it.  Beyond that, it worked flawlessly for me and my machine was no state of the art thing.

Well on day one. My first 3 playthroughs where on a 10 year old rig with a 3rd gen i-7, a GTX 1660Ti, and 16GB RAM. I got a whole 10-20FPS the whole time, and if I turned on a car radio in-game it would drop that by another 5FPS. Even though the originally released SysReqs said that would be fine to run the game on.

After I got my new rig, because that old one outright stopped booting on X-Mas of 2020, it ran fine. The new one having an 11th gen i-7, an RTX 3070, and 32GB of RAM. But it's not just the game's performance, bugs, and other problems, that people who watched this all unfold are really upset about; It's the culmination of all of it. The false advertising, the misrepresentation of the final product, the state of final product itself, the 'controlled hype', and in total what CDPR did, and said, and what was actually released.

I mean most people just brush it all of as some kinda 'hate train', but those people also fail to grasp the whole picture of how shady CDPR acted while it was both in in development, and after it released. There is logic and reason behind people's anger. And to continue to support CDPR after such actions, is unwise at best; Because how do you know that they wont just go and pull that again?

Vote with your wallet. As the saying goes.

35 minutes ago, Wandering_Mania said:

And see that's the problem. They get extremely loud, get pandered to, and their not even the 'core audience'.

But when the 'core audience' makes the same level of noise about anything else, functionally, bugs, mechanics, and so on. We instead just get up and silenced. And in turn it ends up driving out parts of the 'community' that actually fight for the betterment of the game itself, rather than the destroying of it. But this is what happens when the corpos give power, vocal, or actual, to the wrong people; But that is sadly a repeated mistake throughout human history. It's always those that are looked at as 'downtrodden before' that are pandered to, and given power, now; And that rarely results in a better outcome in the end.

Well, for those of us who both, followed the development, and got it day one; It was, and still is a massive disappointment.

Well on day one. My first 3 playthroughs where on a 10 year old rig with a 3rd gen i-7, a GTX 1660Ti, and 16GB RAM. I got a whole 10-20FPS the whole time, and if I turned on a car radio in-game it would drop that by another 5FPS. Even though the originally released SysReqs said that would be fine to run the game on.

After I got my new rig, because that old one outright stopped booting on X-Mas of 2020, it ran fine. The new one having an 11th gen i-7, an RTX 3070, and 32GB of RAM. But it's not just the game's performance, bugs, and other problems, that people who watched this all unfold are really upset about; It's the culmination of all of it. The false advertising, the misrepresentation of the final product, the state of final product itself, the 'controlled hype', and in total what CDPR did, and said, and what was actually released.

I mean most people just brush it all of as some kinda 'hate train', but those people also fail to grasp the whole picture of how shady CDPR acted while it was both in in development, and after it released. There is logic and reason behind people's anger. And to continue to support CDPR after such actions, is unwise at best; Because how do you know that they wont just go and pull that again?

Vote with your wallet. As the saying goes.

I understand you are holding a grudge, my point is the game is almost wholly fixed now when Skyrim never was, mods were required to fix Skyrim and yet you have a Skyrim banner saying you have played it 2500 hours. And it was as much the fault of game media for all the hype. Anyhow, you are entitled to your dislike of course, I just see CP2077 being fixed as more of an outlier than the bad release. (release issues seem to be the norm now as corporate culture cares little for customer happiness)

If I were to list my complaints about the game it would be lack of 3rd person, the way the game ends then bounces you back and lack of path variation that will kill replay-ability. I wish the DLC would have a system for joining and playing as gang members to give extra paths for playthrough variation. I dont see it as perfect by any means but comparing to most current games its a fun way to waste time.

Everything else aside, I will say Cyberpunk 2077 severely damaged my opinion of CDPR.

I pre-ordered Cyberpunk, something I have not done since Fallout 4. I won't preorder another of CDPR's games. Which basically means I won't be preordering games anymore, since there are no longer any publishers I trust enough to do it.

2 hours ago, Vuulgar said:

I understand you are holding a grudge,

Not just for those reasons. But also for the fact, as I mentioned a few times before; That CDPR perma-banned me on the Steam hub for an "appeal" comment/PM on an unjustified warning for, pointing out the false equivalency made by Adam Kazinsky when he said 'Not all open world games have a police system with car chases. Elden Ring doesn't have one.'.

I pointed out that he was wrong in saying that in a polite manner. Got a warning to 'not do that'. Made an "appeal" comment like Steam "support" tells you to do. And got a perma-ban for the reason of "A PM".

I took it to Steam "support", and they outright told me:

"We encourage moderation when using the permanent ban function; But we do not go against the actions of externally hired moderation teams, or developers decisions."

Even though Steam's own 'Community Moderation Guidelines' state:

"Let customers express their unhappiness. Don't censor; customers know when that's happening. Focus on your product rather than getting worked up over negative comments. Channel your energy into fixing the core issues and making customers happy in the product."

But I got censored big time, for simply pointing that out, and silenced to attempting to appeal it. Something that has never happened by Bethesda. Bringing me to my next point:

my point is the game is almost wholly fixed now when Skyrim never was,

But at least Bethesda don't outright silence, and basically 'kick people out of the community' simply for correcting misinformation.

And it was as much the fault of game media for all the hype.

But that hype was stated by CDPR as 'being controlled by them'. They where 'controlling the hype'. For example that 48 minute "gameplay" reveal that they put out in 2019; Was later revealed to be nothing more than a separate program, specifically created as an advertisement tool. It was never part of the game. They where intentionally 'putting on a show' to generate excitement for the game, then released a subpar product. To most people that is classified as false advertising/marketing and/or a scam. And it's against the law.

yet you have a Skyrim banner saying you have played it 2500 hours.

That's left over from back when I actually played Skyrim. I just never changed it. I actually haven't played Skyrim since June 26, 2019. As a boycott of Bethesda got enacted after the Fallout4 Creation Club came online.

After the Microsoft buyout, Bethesda got bumped down to my 'Watch List'; But depending on the state of release (among other factors) of Starfield, they could be put right up onto that blacklist.

I don't think CDPR will ever release good and finished game again - to much (bad) is going on internally...

Sadly, they will collect nice bonus from games preordering but common peoples do not see it as bad thing... well, it's just ~60 dollars, not a big deal... but 60 multiplied to million (sold games) in pretty nice sum.

But at the end peoples will realize that money do not grow in the garden waiting to be collected...

The world is stepping in big shit, regarding common folks, the elite is always protected.

43 minutes ago, mircislav said:

Also, I noticed big similarities between Dying Light and Cyberpunk - one can not tell who borrowed from whom?

Not to mention Borderlands and Saints Row.

Which Saints Row? The old ones? Or the New 'woke version'?

As the old ones where actually good. Even though SRTT and SR4 kinda got bad reception at the times of release; But looking back, their not so bad when compared to 'Saints Woke 2022'.