Skyrim Anniversary Edition - issues for SE users?

17 minutes ago, Distortedrealms said:

Its the same engine. The engine problems on LE are still there for SE. Search "skyrim se crashing reddit" as an example and look at all the results. Same crashes that plagued LE continue on SE. The myth is real.

Its not quite the same as we don't need the ENB memory management on SE like we did for LE

from the ENB dev page - Version dublicates the most features of the old Skyrim ENBSeries modification with as much compatibility between presets as possible, except external shaders which differ because of specific differencies between DX9 and DX11. Also memory manager is not required as Skyrim SE is x64 and there is no 4 gb memory limit.

SE to AE other than some free CC stuff to try lure you into buying more CC stuff there isn't really a difference from what i've read

1 hour ago, pinky6225 said:

Its not quite the same as we don't need the ENB memory management on SE like we did for LE

from the ENB dev page - Version dublicates the most features of the old Skyrim ENBSeries modification with as much compatibility between presets as possible, except external shaders which differ because of specific differencies between DX9 and DX11. Also memory manager is not required as Skyrim SE is x64 and there is no 4 gb memory limit.

SE to AE other than some free CC stuff to try lure you into buying more CC stuff there isn't really a difference from what i've read

I meant more engine problems/bugs outside the memory issues. They both suffer from the laziness of a hurried product. Changing to 64bit did help with the memory aspect on SE no doubt, and did solve a lot of problems for people with memory issues that had a hard time fixing it on LE. But there are tons of crashes that happen with both versions beyond just the memory ones built into the fragile engine.

1 hour ago, Distortedrealms said:

I meant more engine problems/bugs outside the memory issues. They both suffer from the laziness of a hurried product. Changing to 64bit did help with the memory aspect on SE no doubt, and did solve a lot of problems for people with memory issues that had a hard time fixing it on LE. But there are tons of crashes that happen with both versions beyond just the memory ones built into the fragile engine.

Everyone shitting on Skyrim's engine while the game is the most modded game ever even after 10 years of release and with most other games all you can do is change a few textures before they crap themselves.

4 hours ago, Distortedrealms said:

Its the same engine. The engine problems on LE are still there for SE. Search "skyrim se crashing reddit" as an example and look at all the results. Same crashes that plagued LE continue on SE. The myth is real.

No one needed to convince me that I always got a consistent CTD when entering the farmlands near Whiterun without engaging in the so-called dangerous ini tweaks and several fix mods in Legendary Edition while I could do after downloading the game at Special Edition's launch. That wasn't enough to get me to switch versions at the time by it was appreciated nonetheless. 

The biggest problem with Skyrim is that they bothered developing a PC version on a 32-Bit engine in the first place. Console Parity is partly to blame for that one. 

7 hours ago, swmas said:

Everyone shitting on Skyrim's engine while the game is the most modded game ever even after 10 years of release and with most other games all you can do is change a few textures before they crap themselves.

Yeah, Bethesda is propably the number 1 when it comes to amount and quality of mods to their games. Hardly anyone else comes close.

6 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Well, yeth, in a manner of thpeaking, but now you've made me thpit coffee all over it with your "thong in my arth" comment. Oh, the mammaries we share... :classic_heart:

Let us put all this talk of your derrière behind us lest you make an ass of yourself and become the butt of asinine humour.

7 hours ago, Janosik69 said:

Yeah, Bethesda is propably the number 1 when it comes to amount and quality of mods to their games. Hardly anyone else comes close.

Yes but a lot of the blocks for modding were intentional and it was the modders that overcame the blockage to create the environment that allowed it to be the leader in quality of mods. Bethesda even tried to take over and commercialize the modding community and I can see when 6 comes out they are going to add some more. So dont get your knickers in an uproar over defending them for they would sell your grandma, wife, and daughter for a dollar.

16 minutes ago, BigOnes69 said:

Yes but a lot of the blocks for modding were intentional and it was the modders that overcame the blockage to create the environment that allowed it to be the leader in quality of mods. Bethesda even tried to take over and commercialize the modding community and I can see when 6 comes out they are going to add some more. So dont get your knickers in an uproar over defending them for they would sell your grandma, wife, and daughter for a dollar.

It's not Beth's fault morons give them money.

Sadly I didn't get the message before the update already happened.

Now I can't play with mods, which were the only reason I ever booted up the game.

The most annoying part is that they didn't even improve the game, they updated it in a way that broke fucking everything while adding nothing but a little advertisement for AE to the main menu. They didn't even fix main quest lines getting stuck (most common with the Civil War quest line). I realize it will be fixed eventually but not until mod authors have done a ton of work just because bethesda tried to fix what ain't broke (while ignoring what IS broke)

I really wish they left the old versions on Steam like many other games do, but it does not seem to be something they are interesting in doing because they wouldn't want people to not be able to see the AE version ad.

Edited by Catastrophic
22 minutes ago, Catastrophic said:

Sadly I didn't get the message before the update already happened.

Now I can't play with mods, which were the only reason I ever booted up the game.

Yes you can. You can try the Downgrade patcher available on nexusmods. You can try using the Steam console (there are some reddit post, a Steam guide and a post around here about this) or grab the backup files (the skyrimse.exe and a single dll) from another user. And from this point forward keep in mind that disabling updates is a good thing when you have a modded game.

Edited by Just Don't
On 11/14/2021 at 7:33 PM, BigOnes69 said:

Don't get me wrong, this isn't some applause for Beth, I just state facts.

Regardless of how, Bethesda games are the best when it comes to available mods.

I'd like to see their monopoly broken, but it seems like no one even tries. Only heard of one game that has some potential, Isles of Adalar, but no one talks about it and in a year of early access it had been in, there doesn't seem to be much progress on mod front.

1 hour ago, PerFylk said:

Jippi!!! Steam manage to trick me. Skyrim is now updated and wont start because SKSE error?

Hope i can make a rollback, time to watch video's. Luky that i noticed it was updating and make a back of te whole game( +100GB )?

Here is what i did to make it work as normal again:

• Copied skyrimSE.exe & both bink64w dll's from backup
  • Open Vortex & click fix in the box  that appears
  • In Vortex click "open game folder"
  • paste skyrimSE & bink files, overwite the new files
  • In the game folder click "Data"
  • Deleted those new creationclub bsa,esl & esm. Starts with "cc"
  • Deploy mods in Vortex
  • Run the game & it crash
  • Run the game once more & played like nothing happed ?
On 11/14/2021 at 6:11 AM, Janosik69 said:

Has nothing to do with an unfinished product pushed for quicker release and the bugs contained within. That is a reality. I love Skyrim/modding. Would have loved the game more with a stronger core to mod upon. 

On 11/15/2021 at 11:17 AM, Vyxenne said:

No, no, that's Belethor, and it's his sister he's trying to sell even though he doesn't have one.

He does state "if I had a sister", not "I have a sister".

Though I'm pretty sure that somewhere exists a mod that fixes that.

Edited by belegost