Skyrim Anniversary Edition - issues for SE users?

2 hours ago, Proudmoore said:

I cant make Sexlab work with the "new" skyrim, you know any guide to make it work with the actual version of the game? I dont pay the 20 dollar but still have SE

I don't think you'll be able to update an entire framework to be compatible with a new game and SKSE release. Why don't you try reverting back to the previous game version instead? The forums are plagued with instructions for doing this, for example use the Downgrade patcher from the nexus.

WRT Steam DLs, would setting the time from 0.00 to 0,00 work at preventing such?

Addendum....I guess not as Steam will take it as open season for the whole 24 hrs. Oh well back to off line.

I was caught in the AE downdraught but had saved my recent data and had a backup of the original virgin SSE  for the exe. and bink dll

so I set the time for the above as I could work out no other way at 4am when my circuitry was near failure.

Edited by Will55
On 10/14/2021 at 12:29 AM, Ramien said:

We got ESO instead. Not a great exchange, but some people are enjoying it.

In ESO my wife had a Char called "Sappho of Lesbos" after the poet, and they would not let her keep that name when she hit 50+ as someone must have complained. After 3 months of wrangling and a refusal to play the Zenimax heavies actually sent her a email  threatening to ban her if she persisted in pushng her point that it was a real name.

So she told them where to stick it. and removed it from both PCs

I had a similar experience with  F76 as I was always overloaded and their promises were useless. Both games did great damage to Bethesda's respect IMHO and now that MS own them it wont become any better.

EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE:

While I am aware of the urge to "help out" when you can (I know I'm guilty of it) uploading anything proprietary (like SkyrimSE.exe) is strictly forbidden. This is not just piracy it puts the site in serious legal jeopardy. Please avoid doing so on this, or any other, Thread.

Thank you for your cooperation.

3 minutes ago, Tlam99 said:

All mods are compatible. It's AE what is incompatible.

That's... one way to look at the problem, but sooner or later a significant portion of the player base will shift, and likely some mods will be lost and never updated. This happened to the special edition release and it took almost two years for old mods to catch up.

15 minutes ago, timmy95 said:

That's... one way to look at the problem, but sooner or later a significant portion of the player base will shift, and likely some mods will be lost and never updated. This happened to the special edition release and it took almost two years for old mods to catch up.

That's up to the player. The mods will always be compatible so long you use SE, if you would rather update for no reason it's on you. There is nothing new in AE so why people update it boggles the mind.

8 minutes ago, swmas said:

That's up to the player. The mods will always be compatible so long you use SE, if you would rather update for no reason it's on you. There is nothing new in AE so why people update it boggles the mind.

Haven't updated till now but just asking if non skse based .dll files are compatible or not? Just curious. My skyrim game is in a half modded stage, I'm just wondering if it's better to complete my modding or to wait a few months or a year. The biggest worry is if some authors hide older versions of their mods.

2 minutes ago, timmy95 said:

Haven't updated till now but just asking if non skse based .dll files are compatible or not? Just curious. My skyrim game is in a half modded stage, I'm just wondering if it's better to complete my modding or to wait a few months or a year. The biggest worry is if some authors hide older versions of their mods.

It already started happening, modders hiding their SE mods but there are a lot less cases than mods that are never gonna be ported to AE and you can always ask around for DLLs that the authors hid.

Even if starting from scratch I'd say go with SE and update to AE when the mods you want have been ported or if Beth ever release a DLC that is more of an expansion like Dragonborn and is actually worth buying.

Most DLL mods won't work if Skyrim exe is updated but even if all the mods get updated to AE you will always have to wait for updates for SKSE whenever Beth decides to sell you another armor mod, you decide if it is worth it.

I set my manifest files to 'Read Only', but missed backing up my exe and bink files. Set my Steam to only 'update on launch'.

Had to reboot my computer, and when I did, Steam automatically launched and downloaded the update when I logged back into it. Fortunately, the 'Best of both worlds' downgrade patcher worked and my game is running fine.

I have never launched my game through Steam except for the initial setup several months ago when I first got the game.

Steam is now set to run in 'Offline' mode only

Be careful, because Steam can sneak up on you and download the 'update' if you wind up having to reboot your computer.

44 minutes ago, IBAGadget said:

I set my manifest files to 'Read Only', but missed backing up my exe and bink files. Set my Steam to only 'update on launch'.

Had to reboot my computer, and when I did, Steam automatically launched and downloaded the update when I logged back into it. Fortunately, the 'Best of both worlds' downgrade patcher worked and my game is running fine.

I have never launched my game through Steam except for the initial setup several months ago when I first got the game.

Steam is now set to run in 'Offline' mode only

Be careful, because Steam can sneak up on you and download the 'update' if you wind up having to reboot your computer.

Something similar happened to me with Steam as well.

21 hours ago, Psalam said:

uploading anything proprietary (like SkyrimSE.exe) is strictly forbidden.

Point taken- sorry, I didn't know since it takes a lot more than just that one file to run the game.

I'll go find my post and delete it if it's still visible.

7 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

Point taken- sorry, I didn't know since it takes a lot more than just that one file to run the game.

I'll go find my post and delete it if it's still visible.

It's gone and no worries. It helps to remind the Membership as a whole of such things once in a while. After all, we want people to come here for help - and sometimes we just get carried away.

On 11/16/2021 at 9:49 PM, belegost said:

He does state "if I had a sister", not "I have a sister".

Well said. It's about time people cut Belethor some slack. One of my best skooma customers and has been for a while.

On 11/17/2021 at 4:25 AM, OmegaBlaster said:

Hydra Slavegirl mod, as I recall

There's a HSG girl in there but is she is sister? ?‍♂️

15 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Well said. It's about time people cut Belethor some slack. One of my best skooma customers and has been for a while.

I'd love people do the same for Carlotta. She only sells fruit and vegetables and nothing else yet gets a bad reputation, while the real slut does sleeping tree sap trafficking with khajiit caravans and goes unmolested for some reason.

Also: I run SLSW. Skooma is not exactly legal (or safe to use). Belethor won't buy it.

Edited by belegost
On 11/23/2021 at 11:34 AM, Grey Cloud said:

If you talk to her, she tells you she's Belethor's sister. At least that's how I remember it. 

15 minutes ago, OmegaBlaster said:
On 11/23/2021 at 11:34 AM, Grey Cloud said:

If you talk to her, she tells you she's Belethor's sister. At least that's how I remember it. 

I had a mod for a while that added a line of dialog to Belethor's interactions- "One sister for sale right here" or something very similar.

7 hours ago, OmegaBlaster said:

You remember it right. I've just checked and was very surprised.

155324454_CryBaby.jpg.1537bb5b841a7a9d4256d905db427ea6.jpg

7 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

I had a mod for a while that added a line of dialog to Belethor's interactions- "One sister for sale right here" or something very similar.

Well that sure narrowed it down. ?

I bumped into Olava the Fellatio while I was in Belethor's. You wouldn't think she was 69.

Olava.jpg.399b20bebebf050ea816399e4579f00a.jpg