Skyrim Anniversary Edition - issues for SE users?

Not very different from when SE was out.

Probably functions have to be found again (entry point as offsets in memory where SKSE hooks in) but the parameters are the same.

The main consequence is that a new SKSE will be required.

Scripting side probably nothing will change, old code will still work when the new SKSE will be out.

8 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

i posted the link in SE Compatibility Tracking last night.

1.1k people are watching that thread so hopefully they get the warning.

Well, as @BruceWayne told me, the more Threads the better. Hopefully, everyone will get the message. (I know, I must be smoking something to think that most people will even notice.)

3 minutes ago, Gukahn said:

So i have to play offline and hope i don't have to reinstall my game again.. Great. Thanks Bethesda ? Nobody in the history of fuck needs another version of skyrim anyway..

just make a copy of the skyrim.exe and the esm files.....and maybe the bsa files as well.

22 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

i posted the link in SE Compatibility Tracking last night.

1.1k people are watching that thread so hopefully they get the warning.

I saw that, and shared the post in several threads of large mods (DD, DCL, SexLab...) to try and get the word out as much as possible.

Near as I can tell, from the comments, as long as Skyrim settings in Steam, is set to:

Spoiler

1000885865_SteamSkyrimSetting.PNG.e88b31caa4be49e4d5a1d58a2706d6bf.PNG

And people only launch the game via SKSE client within whatever Mod client we are using, the game will not update when it's released.

Still a good idea to back up the folder and files as a precaution anyway, as well as the files from the My Documents folder.

I would suggest that this thread be stickied in the interim.

Edited by YojimboRatchet

Hopefully in the long run this will be a good thing for us, if tes6 uses a similar system then it won't be such a restart to port sexlab over into 6.

Currently the best we can hope for with 6 is an AAF/Osex/Stim type system. But yeah some will back up and some will cry. 

33 minutes ago, KingJasper651 said:

so having looked in to it most of the problems are with DLL's and while quite inconvenient most if not all the mods I have seen so far with Dll's are in active development i.e the people will find a way to fix it or very popular to the point that someone would make an AE version if it deprecates.

problem is that takes time, when sse first came out it took forever for skse to get fixed to a reliable state (then came the crap club updates that killed it again)

and nothing else can be fixed until skse is.

also enb will probably need to be redone as well.

Edited by MadMansGun

The update is more than hilariously ironic;; from what I have been reading; sounds  like Microsoft is forcing Bethesda to fix the major bugs on their products. Makes sense, it's about the right time for MS to have done their due diligence on Bethesda and MS would see Bethesda knowingly selling broken product as a legal lawsuit liability for Microsoft.  F03, just had a update to fix the Live Services bug, which killed the game after certain number of logins, that Bethesda couldn't be arsed fix in 14 years and just left it to the moders., even though Bethesda still sells FO3. 

Bethesda has decided to update the compiler used to build the 64-bit version of Skyrim from Visual Studio 2015 to Visual Studio 2019. This changes the way that the code is generated in a way that forces mod developers to start from scratch finding functions and writing hooks. Class layouts are unlikely to change, luckily. I didn't ask specifically, but the most probable reason for this is that the Xbox Live libraries used for achievements on the Windows Store are only available for 2017 and later.

So, will this actually do anything in terms of quality of the game, besides make it compatible with achievements on the Windows store? Can we expect improved performance as a result of this change, or is this entirely just a background thing that will affect modding but not change the base game in any tangible way?

Edited by Blazeit

so not sure how true this is but I've seen some people say that when steam updates. That it will go through your collection of games and see if any need to be updated. That if any needs to be updated then steam will automatically update the games when it is updating as well.

I've seen someone say rename the folder and steam will ignore it. Or that you can just change it where steam will completely ignore a game. Again not sure how true that is, I just seen a youtube video on it.