13 hours ago, michaelanglol said:

also can i hope for a ntr story?

It is possible. By the way, you can bring Brutus or Xana to Vault 111 and ask their thoughts. And you can also gift to the mod's followers your spouse' wedding ring.

13 hours ago, Manman27 said:

any discord this mod look amazing

No discord, only patreon and this topic.

9 hours ago, Lynx2k10 said:

Is it because of Depravity - A Harmless Bit of Fun mod.

I didn't know about this mod. Thanks for the link.

9 hours ago, lgw3103 said:

I think you need have focus in skyrim mod that is top on you

I did it for diversity. Sometimes it's hard to do one thing, even if you like it.

5 hours ago, Saya_Scarlett said:

Quick question. Is XDI a HARD requirement or can i use FDI?

I'm afraid XDI is the master of the plugin. But although I'm not sure - I did not dig this issue. Probably you can just make an empty XDI.esm.

19 minutes ago, maddadicusrex said:

Xana keeps calling for me ,like every minute.

She does not have any force greets. All interactions are selected through her dialogue. 
Oh, maybe you have increased her affinity and she wants to talk about it, but she doesn't have this scene.

Both EDI and XDI have their own issues regarding dialogue from personal experience in using them with Companion Ivy.   I'm pretty sure nearly every Fallout4 user on this site has Companion Ivy installed.  ?

Full Dialogue Interface is my preference as I have not experienced any issues with that mod.  And it's also one of the top all time downloads for Fallout 4 on Nexus too.

Edited by Celedhring
6 hours ago, Saya_Scarlett said:

Quick question. Is XDI a HARD requirement or can i use FDI?

Don't remember what i wanted to use XDI for instead of FDI but i couldn't get it to work for some reason.

Good question, I was wondering the same, because XDI as a hard requirement would be a deal breaker for me, unfortunately. I'm using FDI for better compatibility with Sim Settlements 2 as well as for the simple reason it's newer, as far as I know it was updated recently.

But...

50 minutes ago, DSHV said:

I'm afraid XDI is the master of the plugin. But although I'm not sure - I did not dig this issue. Probably you can just make an empty XDI.esm.

If we could just make a fake XDI.esm and it would still work, that probably means you're not actually making any references to it anywhere in your own mod. If that's the case, you may as well remove it from the list of masters and let the users decide whether to use XDI or FDI, or even none of them at all if they wish so.

Edited by MrFuturehope

Cool to see you make your way to Fallout! Speaking of diversity hopefully you get the chance to mix it up a bit more than with ToH, a lot of the content can get kinda samey. Not that im complaining, it's still some story driven adult content. But you know, variety is the spice of life and all that. Look forward to seeing this develop

4 hours ago, Celedhring said:

Full Dialogue Interface is my preference as I have not experienced any issues with that mod.  And it's also one of the top all time downloads for Fallout 4 on Nexus too.

4 hours ago, MrFuturehope said:

If we could just make a fake XDI.esm and it would still work, that probably means you're not actually making any references to it anywhere in your own mod.

I added XDI keyword to dialogues with more than 4 answer options, otherwise, there will be only 4, and the rest will not be displayed. 
I tried deleting keywords and using FO4Edit to delete unused masters and this removed the XDI dependency (and AAF too). But with Full Dialogue Interface there are only 4 options in dialogues. Does anyone know how to do a mod with more than 4 options with only FDI?

problemsofsurvivor.esp

Edited by DSHV
Added the file without requirements

FDI will not work with this mod.  The mod uses XDI so that it can have more than just 4 dialogue options in conversations.  FDI doesn't do that; the only thing it does is show you the full text of your responses and make some minor changes to the dialogue menu. 

On the other hand, there is no reason you can't temporarily uninstall FDI and install XDI to play through this mod.  Neither mod has quests or persistent scripts, they are completely safe to uninstall and reinstall.  FDI doesn't even have a plugin, it just replaces strings files and the dialogue menus.

16 minutes ago, DSHV said:

Does anyone know how to do a mod with more than 4 options with only FDI?

There is no way, it is a game engine limitation.  XDI has a F4SE plugin that patches the dialogue system to allow more than 4 options.

XDI in general is a far superior mod.  FDI is simply a string replacer, it doesn't do anything dynamically.  It has no effect on dialogue from mods, and it overrides any dialogue fixes from UFO4P or any other update.  On the other hand, XDI doesn't contain any dialogue itself, it dynamically retrieves the full text of any dialogue, whether vanilla or modded.  And of course it allows expanded dialogue options, which no other mod does.

For Sim Settlements 2 users it's really this: CHOOSE YOUR POISON - XDI or FDI...

Sim Settlements 2:

FDI: If you turn off the dialogue camera, some SS2 quests may break and it can prevent them from progression.

XDI: Requires patch which is not easy to find, you literally have to google it, then the patch itself contains several files, some optional files that claim to fix some terminal problems with SS2 quest (is it really optional to fix something? I don't know, that's rather controversial...), but on top of that, you're warned in the latest version of the patch that "May be causing Who Can? ASAM! to fail to complete.", for those who don't know, "Who Can? ASAM!" is yet another SS2 quest, so all in all this patch which was created as a compatibility bridge between XDI and SS2 itself can introduce more issues you wouldn't normally have to deal with...

FDI itself may look outdated, but when installed along with the recently updated String Patches for Full Dialogue Interface mod, it seems to work correctly and also seems to be a safer way to go if you use Sim Settlements 2, simply due to no extra requirement of the patch, all you really have to do is avoid disabling dialogue camera.

XDI boasts with giving you more dialogue choices, but how many mods actually use that feature, let's go through the small list on the description page of the mod itself:

Fallout Cascadia - Unreleased

Fallout 4: New Vegas - Unreleased

Fallout 4: Capital Wasteland - Unreleased

Fallout 4: E Pluribus Unum - Website down

Oh yeah, apparently now we finally have the first mod that actually takes advantage of the feature - Problems of Survivor and don't get me wrong, I really want to try the mod, but knowing how much trouble it is to uninstall mods mid-game, in this case FDI (possible save bloat that would cause massive fps drops and other performance issues which I was trying to avoid by creating a new, simplified mod list in the first place), then installing replacements, in this case XDI and extending them with patches of questionable quality to make it work with a different story driven mod Sim Settlements 2, which may end up broken per the info about the patch itself... it all sounds like too much trouble to go through at this time, at least for me. Now of course for those who are already using XDI, good for them, if I was using it, I would pick this mod and try it out. It's just that with my current setup, it feels too risky.

2 hours ago, MrFuturehope said:

how much trouble it is to uninstall mods mid-game, in this case FDI (possible save bloat that would cause massive fps drops and other performance issues which I was trying to avoid by creating a new, simplified mod list in the first place

Like I said before, FDI has no scripts and not even a plugin.  Nothing about it stays in your save.

XDI's plugin has three records: one global variable and two keywords.  Again, nothing that will stay in your save.  You can uninstall it and reinstall it with no issues.

2 hours ago, MrFuturehope said:

XDI: Requires patch which is not easy to find, you literally have to google it,

I didn't have much trouble finding it... https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/48254?tab=files

I think there is some errors in the scripts of the dialogue with Brutus. When the affection is 500, the dialogue scene should start, but Brutus only constantly makes the standard greeting "My bitch ..." with the standard selection of dialogue options. When the dialogue ends, he immediately starts new, unless he is kicked out.

I'm running into problems with Brutus as well. I got to the infinite dialog loop also. He just keeps force greeting and won't follow if you walk away.

I reloaded a couple saves back and tried the console command then tried talking to him. he had new dialog but locked up my game when the sex scene tried to start. Going to try that again though as it snuck up on me. It lagged and I didn't think one was going to happen and tried to do something in the pip boy. So that may have been the freeze issue.

Edit:

After using the console command, there was more dialog under the do you need something, but it was still the endless force greet loop.

Edited by sfeile
On 6/18/2021 at 12:36 AM, DSHV said:

That's a bummer. Guess i'll have to skip this one then...

For some reason XDI will not work for me at all, so i have to stick to FDI sadly.