SkyrimVR Compatibility Tracking (1/27/21)

5 hours ago, tasairis said:

What's going on there?

When using RaceMenu High Heels, it is not recommended to run hdt High Heels along with it since RaceMenu should handle everything. However, a lot of mods have hdtHighHeel.esm as a master, so they won't work without it. The mod I linked provides this plugin without its extra records, so it doesn't run any of the normal hdtHighHeels content but allows mods that require it to still load.

From the mod author's Nexus page description:

Up until now, if you wanted to use Racemenu High Heels for SSE to take over for hdtHighHeels.esm, you would have to edit the dependent mod in xedit, removing all the references, etc.  With this mod, you don't need to do that.  No need to try and find a new DLL next time CC content is updated, etc.  Just use this mod.  It fulfills the master dependency that keeps any dependent mod from loading, but lacks any of the hdtHighHeels functionality (which will be provided by Racemenu High Heels). Technically your dependent mod will report errors if checked, but things will work just fine (as long as you get Racemenu High Heels...).  If that isn't the case, let me know in the comments and you can return the mod at no cost to you.

Lazy Heels is an alternative for non-Racemenu users.

16 hours ago, prinyo said:

What is the point of using ENB boost for SSE/VR?  

I do know about UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics, but is it a relatively new addition? Like within the last two years or so? As far as I remember, ENBoost was for people who "didn't want" ENB - whatever that might mean. Is it maybe more lightweight than a regular ENB install?

It's probably useless to really use it nowadays, but there are threads going back as far as 2014 with the feature mentioned. It's very old. ENBoost is one of those features that most people are probably not educated on. I certainly am not completely, but I'm sharing what I do know. When UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false, ENBoost is not running. Since ENB functions are running, I believe ENBoost cannot run simultaneously. The point is that your ENB decides your performance loss or gain and there are performance-friendly ENB's. I believe there have been some in the past that performed very well in comparison to vanilla actually.

However, when UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true, ENB functions are disabled and ENBoost is turned on. This was intended to reduce microstutter and stabilize the game, and was mainly intended for people with very low-end hardware I believe. Any gaming computer in the last 5 years should be able to handle SSE fairly modded at this point, so ENBoost has become a thing of the past really.

If you try to open the Skyrim ENBoost page, this is what you get:

opera_2021-05-07_17-39-56.png.762b2f0305a28668f93000de07e73506.png

As you can see, ENBoost is included. Download a Fallout ENBoost is NOT the way you should enable it, which is what I was pointing out here. That link should be removed from this OP. I have no idea what kind of issues that could cause for certain people.

Skimmed the support thread and haven't seen much about this. Are you saying the download comes with a BSA and it's in the old format?

I believe the Patched SexLab Tools comes already unpacked. My mistake. But I think the "patched" version simply extracts the BSA, and calls it "patched". Lol. The original SE version made available had a BSA I think, and it was causing a lot of problems. My mistake on that.

4 hours ago, JayDrizzle said:

BTW, by making this thread I don't want to make more work for you by having to scan this thread for updates.  Most of what this thread will be for is VR specific patches/bugs/workarounds/CTD/etc.   Keep up the awesome work!

Just another drop in the bucket. No worries.

9 hours ago, XenoDrake said:

It's probably useless to really use it nowadays

Yes, that's why I asked. Bringing it up in a thread about SkyrimVR only adds clutter and confusion. ENB Boost is used for:

1. Avoid the 4GB (3GB) crash with Oldrim only. It spawns a second process and the memory the game uses is shared between them so it won't go above 3.1 GB.

2. Helps with old PCs with lower specs that by default can't run VR at all.

So the only thing that needs to be said about ENB Boost in a VR thread is that it is completely irrelevant.

Spoiler
13 hours ago, XenoDrake said:

When using RaceMenu High Heels, it is not recommended to run hdt High Heels along with it since RaceMenu should handle everything. However, a lot of mods have hdtHighHeel.esm as a master, so they won't work without it. The mod I linked provides this plugin without its extra records, so it doesn't run any of the normal hdtHighHeels content but allows mods that require it to still load.

From the mod author's Nexus page description:

It's probably useless to really use it nowadays, but there are threads going back as far as 2014 with the feature mentioned. It's very old. ENBoost is one of those features that most people are probably not educated on. I certainly am not completely, but I'm sharing what I do know. When UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false, ENBoost is not running. Since ENB functions are running, I believe ENBoost cannot run simultaneously. The point is that your ENB decides your performance loss or gain and there are performance-friendly ENB's. I believe there have been some in the past that performed very well in comparison to vanilla actually.

However, when UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true, ENB functions are disabled and ENBoost is turned on. This was intended to reduce microstutter and stabilize the game, and was mainly intended for people with very low-end hardware I believe. Any gaming computer in the last 5 years should be able to handle SSE fairly modded at this point, so ENBoost has become a thing of the past really.

If you try to open the Skyrim ENBoost page, this is what you get:

opera_2021-05-07_17-39-56.png.762b2f0305a28668f93000de07e73506.png

As you can see, ENBoost is included. Download a Fallout ENBoost is NOT the way you should enable it, which is what I was pointing out here. That link should be removed from this OP. I have no idea what kind of issues that could cause for certain people.

I believe the Patched SexLab Tools comes already unpacked. My mistake. But I think the "patched" version simply extracts the BSA, and calls it "patched". Lol. The original SE version made available had a BSA I think, and it was causing a lot of problems. My mistake on that.

Spoiler
6 hours ago, prinyo said:

Yes, that's why I asked. Bringing it up in a thread about SkyrimVR only adds clutter and confusion. ENB Boost is used for:

1. Avoid the 4GB (3GB) crash with Oldrim only. It spawns a second process and the memory the game uses is shared between them so it won't go above 3.1 GB.

2. Helps with old PCs with lower specs that by default can't run VR at all.

So the only thing that needs to be said about ENB Boost in a VR thread is that it is completely irrelevant.

Very informative.  ENB Boost has been removed.  This was a hold over from the SE compatibility thread and I am sure there are several other quirks left in the list that need ironed out.  Not to speak for the dead or dying but would it be possible for the ENBoost to actually help a lower end PC play VR? I understand that it would require an ultra light plugin and probably not worth it.

Just asking to fully inform any future readers about ENB Boost for VR.  No need to comment unless you have an anecdote and feel like Heimskr sharing the good news. 

My thoughts are: It would probably not be worth playing SkyrimVR if Enb boost was required for the pc to even play the game.

I have made a patch for furniture sex framework if anyone is interested. It disables checking for npcs so you might get two scenes in the same location but it hasn't happened to me yet so the odds are pretty low.

6 hours ago, l1nkler said:

I have made a patch for furniture sex framework if anyone is interested. It disables checking for npcs so you might get two scenes in the same location but it hasn't happened to me yet so the odds are pretty low.

Awesome work! I moved FSF to the ? works with patches and linked your patch and the explanation from GGx88A6HHnsL.  Thanks for helping!

• JayDrizzle changed the title to SkyrimVR Compatibility Tracking (5/13/21)
16 hours ago, yurik said:

Please add a link to this BugFix for XP32 First Person Skeleton CTD Bugfix for VR

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/34301

It fixes CTD on startup with Left-handed controls

Brilliant work, saved me lots of time. Thank you!

Thanks for helping get info for the other sinister VR players!

Updated:

5/13/2021

Edit for 5/13/2021

Added to VR utility: PSA: Latest SteamVR Beta has FOV and World Scale options

I have tried this and I must say, I am going to keep the changes.  I never realized it, but as a nimble but smaller wood elf, the world scale of skyrim was off.  After using the new steamVR options, the world scale sliders made everything fit a bit better.  I didn't go the full 140% like the post says.  115-120% was enough to made the Nords tower over me and the monsters extra scary.  It definitely makes me feel like a diminutive foreigner in these lands.  The trees and shrubbery that are also noticeably bigger.  I always liked simply bigger trees but I had moved onto 3d trees.  This gives a similar effect, but to a lesser degree.  Buildings and caves are larger, but I also noticed the furniture feels better.  The end tables and dressers are more accurate in proportions.  I will need to play a bit more with calibrating. 

Note, I had to update my auto sneak VR and VRIK scales and restart SkyrimVR every time I made an adjustment.  It feels pretty good now.  I won't post my measurements though. ? I am not fully satisfied with them yet, but they are roughly .9 for body, .85 for arms, and .75 for hands.  To help compensate for skyrim's monster hand size, I also have better female wrists and hands in conjunction with these scales.

Just wanted to give the community a heads up to anyone is a similar boat, but your mileage may vary.  Perhaps you are a big hulking Orc yourself... and like things on a bit of the smaller side.  You can probably reverse the scale to 90% and tower over the populous with your meaty arms. (Just set your VRIK scales larger)

Chime in with feedback!

• JayDrizzle changed the title to SkyrimVR Compatibility Tracking (5/19/21)
On 4/28/2021 at 12:35 PM, JayDrizzle said:

♾️ Estrus Chaurus for SE (EC/EC+) - requires EstrusForSkyrimSE_VR and up-to-date XPMSSE; addons: Dwemer, Spider - Breaks the player character skeleton, works for NPCs

♾️ EstrusForSkyrimSE_VR (EstrusForSkyrimVR V242) - see also Estrus Alternate Sounds - Breaks the player character skeleton, works for NPCs

♾️ Milk Mod Economy SE (Full) - see also Milk Mod Economy SE Light; addons: Forced Milk Maid - Everything works in VR but Milk Pumps break the player character skeleton

Could you explain what "break the player character skeleton" means here, and what workarounds are available? I'm assuming this issue isn't permanent, as these mods aren't listed in the broken category.

3 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

Could you explain what "break the player character skeleton" means here, and what workarounds are available? I'm assuming this issue isn't permanent, as these mods aren't listed in the broken category.

So I used to play with the full estrus suite in SE.  Upon moving to VR, I have only tried Estrus for skyrim SE & VR and not the add-ons.  The issue is categorized as Finicky (Works but requires workarounds, specific MCM configurations, or certain features disabled) because the issue is inconvenient but not a mod that is completely broken for VR.  I reserve the broken title for mods that CTD or core functionality does not work at all.  An example is FMEA.  Upon triggering a trapped lock in FMEA it will CTD every time.  I didn't test the other features but they work the same way.  So until FMEA is patched, it is considered broken for VR.  (I believe the issue might be a screen overlay that applies after the effect is triggered, but haven't really looked into it.) 

The issue with estrus is an aesthetic issue that only applies to animations that effect the PC.  This makes it perfectly playable with certain features (PC animations) disabled or avoided.  Users who use the mod apply animations to NPC would not see what I have called a skeleton break.  (This is actually just a VRIK integration issue.)  I installed the mod and tested with an estrus self spell and the animation 'broke' what I would consider my skeletal integrity.  My arms/legs resembled a spiders and I was creeped out.  ew~  Because I have your corruption mod installed, I owe you... I will re-download and suffer through the horrors so you can see what I mean:

Spoiler

These are the most unflattering pictures ever. ? Here is humility though:

Spoiler

20210521132444_1.thumb.jpg.0e98128b584dc71e0cfdc4c9aec5f852.jpg

20210521132504_1.thumb.jpg.ecf626787f53d662ae1e873e84ce931d.jpg

Horrific enough? So the above issue can be solved the same way as the VRIK integrations on my patches page.  You can check out the work that has been done there in the ZAZ patch.  The edits have the ;vr patch above them in the source code. So the workarounds are not using estrus for the PC, patching it yourself, or waiting till I or someone else does...

This is on the patches page but I'll add this here too as it might apply if you patch estrus:

I should probably state here, now, that I plan on stepping away from all technology for a while.  I promise I will return.  Every year I take a prolonged trip and completely unplug for several weeks.  Although I am a tech enthusiast and VR evangelist, I also appreciate time away.  I will leave in a week and a half (5/25) and don't want to be mid-development.  Currently, I am trying to solidify that everything is in order with the compatibility thread and these patches.  I am queasy about starting anything new after I just got the SLS Bed patch working.  By all means if someone finds the solution before I leave or before my return, share it ...or wait... or whatever you want really.  Or if you if you make a patch, I will gladly post it here and give credit.  Or I can link to your new patch page. (each patch here has the source code if they need merged)

There is also the animobject issue that is a problem in VR.  So most of the surrounding estrus objects are invisible.  Read more about it here. (You would be enshirned in the hall of divines for the VR community if you could fix this.)

PS: Do you play VR or are you just researching?  I haven't seen you mention it in your thread. Love corruption BTW!~ Just wish there was a bit more CBBE conversions

8 minutes ago, JayDrizzle said:

The issue with estrus is an aesthetic issue that only applies to animations that effect the PC.

Ah, I was thinking the issue was the animations somehow modified the player skeleton after the animation finished. This looks much less serious. I'm guessing MME has the same issue?

11 minutes ago, JayDrizzle said:

PS: Do you play VR or are you just researching?

I just got my first VR headset this week to celebrate surviving another year of physics graduate school, so I've only just started looking into what it would require to setup my normal suite of LL mods.

Well you are in for a great surprise.  VR has completely revitalized skyrim for me.  I had way too many hours in SSE and VR is like a whole new world.  Check out my post 35 here on the SteamVR world scale.  My jaw dropped when walking under the solitude arch.  I play with fast travel disabled and the VR navigation mod.  It is just amazing.  Just wait.  Immersive is often used but so precise a descriptor.

As for compatibility, most mods that work for SSE will work for VR.  The list here is only being updated when a mod has been thoroughly play tested.  It is safe to assume that if it works in SSE it will work in VR.  The biggest issues where/are:

SetVehicle causes the VR camera to spin - done with most patches and can easily fix when they arise

GetCrosshairRef is broken in VR - prinyo has a fix when the mod sends the target to the MCM and I have started with SLS for when it is only used with a script

VRIK integrations - this is the issue above with estrus, MME, DD, and ZAZ.  The work here is fairly young.  Thanks to the work of @candriver1 and @prinyo ZAZ is almost done.  Devices and furniture work but the kneeling, laying, & hogtie animations don't register in 1st person.  Prinyo has 2 proof of concepts in the patches support thread for the latter issue.

Which headset did you get?  I am so excited that you have joined the VR ranks!

24 minutes ago, JayDrizzle said:

Well you are in for a great surprise.  VR has completely revitalized skyrim for me.

I've only spent an hour or so wandering around on a test save and testing my pc's limit with graphical mods, but yeah, I've gotten that sensation as well. It probably won't replace Flatrim for me, though, as I go heavily into roleplaying, even keeping a journal to keep track of my character's story (I'm something of an aspiring writer, as you could probably tell from the amount of dialogue and text in my mods). I'm thinking of treating VR less seriously, more like a theme park ride, and try out some of the more restrictive, game-changing, or crazy mods I avoid using on my usual playthroughs, like SexLab Survival, Devious Followers, and DCL.

34 minutes ago, JayDrizzle said:

GetCrosshairRef is broken in VR - prinyo has a fix when the mod sends the target to the MCM and I have started with SLS for when it is only used with a script

I'm assuming OnCrosshairRefChange is also broken? I'll need to look into that, as Corruption uses that event a lot.

37 minutes ago, JayDrizzle said:

Which headset did you get?

I got the HP Reverb G2, basically the cheapest headset I could find that isn't attached to the dumpster fire that is Facebook.

On 5/21/2021 at 3:01 PM, Code Serpent said:

It probably won't replace Flatrim for me, though, as I go heavily into roleplaying, even keeping a journal to keep track of my character's story (I'm something of an aspiring writer, as you could probably tell from the amount of dialogue and text in my mods). I'm thinking of treating VR less seriously,

My bet is that this will change.  Personally, I could never really get into the character or a NPC's story when looking through a flat screen window.  Nothing was really happening to me or to people the world.  It was as if I was watching a TV show.  In VR... I feel it.  I openly talk to my companions or warn them about traps.  The mistakes I make in combat are truely mine. Not off put on an avatar.  I feel the effects of my choices as they shape the world.  I have SLS and find myself sneaking and hiding behind houses.  Jumping out the back of a blacksmith shop as I am spotted by an enforcer.  Carefully jumping from rock to rock as not to get my licenses wet.

I would be interested to hear if the theme park becomes your daily driver as you play more VR.

I'm back from a little more testing after getting SexLab working. So, I've decided to use the locked 1st person view for SL, where the player's vision is locked to their character's head, and I'm wondering if it's possible to apply this to other animations. As an example, I also tested the Horrible Harassment mod, and what happens is the npc plays the animation properly, while I awkwardly stand 2 feet away. Is it possible to lock my view into the animation, either with a button combo or a script edit?

3 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

I'm back from a little more testing after getting SexLab working. So, I've decided to use the locked 1st person view for SL, where the player's vision is locked to their character's head, and I'm wondering if it's possible to apply this to other animations. As an example, I also tested the Horrible Harassment mod, and what happens is the npc plays the animation properly, while I awkwardly stand 2 feet away. Is it possible to lock my view into the animation, either with a button combo or a script edit?

The locked first person should work with most mods.  If it is not working, it is totally possible to hook the remaining mods up.  As I said earlier, this has already been done and there are a few instances of VRIK integrations that still need to be implemented.  DD furniture and ZAZ worn devices/furniture already have some VRIK support.  Prinyo is working on a couple ZAZ animation types (kneeling, laying, and hogtie) that are in 3rd person instead of the SLVR preference.  (This looks like a dangling body under the camera)  This also includes mods like Defeat that call on those ZAZ poses.  Check out his POC2 on the patch support thread.

I assume that you are using my HH patch from the VR patches page.  I have seen this 'standing 2 feet away' and others have reported it.  To prevent the camera from spinning in VR, the command SetVehicle() needs to be commented out or set to None.  However, this is an issue because some mods, like baka's HH, use it as a position marker and alignment mechanism for a two actor animation.  The relevant part of the code is referenced in this post.  I haven't tried to resolve this yet and won't get to it for a few weeks.

Seeing how you are kinda a god tier modder and I am a bit more of a nubile foreigner here; you could probably spot the issue faster than I could.  The source code and edits are available for improvement.  Personally, it doesn't bother me as I try not to bump into anyone.  I really try to never trigger any of the mods from LL.  It only happens if I get careless or get too big for my boots.  ? As for the HH issue, I am not sure if it is an offset thingy with VRIK that sets the PC about 2 feet to the left or if the alignment calculation needs to be adjusted.  Considering how it is so consistent, I assume the fix could be easy.  I mostly started the patches just to make mods playable.  Other more knowledgeable users have stepped in to refine them.

47 minutes ago, JayDrizzle said:

The locked first person should work with most mods.  If it is not working, it is totally possible to hook the remaining mods up.  As I said earlier, this has already been done and there are a few instances of VRIK integrations that still need to be implemented.  DD furniture and ZAZ worn devices/furniture already have some VRIK support.  Prinyo is working on a couple ZAZ animation types (kneeling, laying, and hogtie) that are in 3rd person instead of the SLVR preference.  (This looks like a dangling body under the camera)  This also includes mods like Defeat that call on those ZAZ poses.  Check out his POC2 on the patch support thread.

I assume that you are using my HH patch from the VR patches page.  I have seen this 'standing 2 feet away' and others have reported it.  To prevent the camera from spinning in VR, the command SetVehicle() needs to be commented out or set to None.  However, this is an issue because some mods, like baka's HH, use it as a position marker and alignment mechanism for a two actor animation.  The relevant part of the code is referenced in this post.  I haven't tried to resolve this yet and won't get to it for a few weeks.

Seeing how you are kinda a god tier modder and I am a bit more of a nubile foreigner here; you could probably spot the issue faster than I could.  The source code and edits are available for improvement.  Personally, it doesn't bother me as I try not to bump into anyone.  I really try to never trigger any of the mods from LL.  It only happens if I get careless or get too big for my boots.  ? As for the HH issue, I am not sure if it is an offset thingy with VRIK that sets the PC about 2 feet to the left or if the alignment calculation needs to be adjusted.  Considering how it is so consistent, I assume the fix could be easy.  I mostly started the patches just to make mods playable.  Other more knowledgeable users have stepped in to refine them.

Alright, the position issue should be easy to fix myself (just need to call the TranslateTo() function, which is better than MoveTo() because it doesn't cause sound clipping), but I was more worried about the animation issue (that I kinda forgot to mention). In HH my character's body wasn't playing the struggling animation and I still had control of my arms. I've since taken a look through the SexLab VR patch and found the calls to the VRIK global script, so I could probably reverse engineer that to get it to work with other mods.

11 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

Alright, the position issue should be easy to fix myself (just need to call the TranslateTo() function, which is better than MoveTo() because it doesn't cause sound clipping), but I was more worried about the animation issue (that I kinda forgot to mention). In HH my character's body wasn't playing the struggling animation and I still had control of my arms. I've since taken a look through the SexLab VR patch and found the calls to the VRIK global script, so I could probably reverse engineer that to get it to work with other mods.

Don't reverse coarse too much.  The heavy lifting has mostly been done.  The fix can easily be implemented like in the ZAZ VRIK patch Slots script.  Search for ;vr patch.  We have been using this to disable body and arms:

;VR Patch - lock VRIK Body
        VRIK.VrikSetSetting("enableLeftArm", 0)
        VRIK.VrikSetSetting("enableRightArm", 0)
        VRIK.VrikSetSetting("enablePosture", 0)
        VRIK.VrikSetSetting("enableBody", 0)
        VRIK.VrikSetSetting("lockRotation", 1)
        VRIK.VrikSetSetting("lockRotationAngle", -1)
        VRIK.VrikSetSetting("lockPosition", 1)
        VRIK.VrikSetSetting("lockHeightToBody", 1)
        VRIK.VrikSetSetting("lockHmdToBody", 1)

and this to re-enable:

;VR Patch - unlock VRIK Body
        VRIK.VrikRestoreSettings()

Just gotta find the right spot in the script to make sure the user gets their body control back and not locked out permanently.  Also check out prinyo's POC2 patch to get the user preferences from SexLabVR instead of using the above edits. It is SexLab.SetVrSettings but I can't compile any tests with the patch.  I think there is another source necessary that is missing.

Personally, I wont be doing any more patches for a while as I am packing and stuff.  If you do whip anything up, you can post in in the VR patches support thread.  I can add them to the main DL page with descriptors and such before I leave or when I return.  At least others could test and use them in the meantime.

Let's move this conversation to the VR patches page and announce here whenever something gets support.

• 4 weeks later...

I can't get OSA to work. 

I have it running in Skyrim VR, but you can only see the very last line of the interface when pressing enter on the numpad.

Since I never used it before I don't know the exact button presses for it to do anything blindly, so I can't say if it is just a interface issue. 

I tried multiple things to get it to show, but I am a skyrim modding noob and couldn't find out how to increase the interface. It looks to me like it can currently only display one line of text and an increasing the height should make the whole interface visible. 

On 6/24/2021 at 5:55 AM, anastasa1 said:

can someone please make a patch for Devious Devices 5.1 that sets enableLeftArm and enableRightArm to 0 in VRIK settings when wearing armbinders or straight jackets so it actually locks your hands in the device? 

This comment is addressed here.

On 6/19/2021 at 5:00 AM, Catgirltrainer said:

I can't get OSA to work. 

I have it running in Skyrim VR, but you can only see the very last line of the interface when pressing enter on the numpad.

Since I never used it before I don't know the exact button presses for it to do anything blindly, so I can't say if it is just a interface issue. 

I tried multiple things to get it to show, but I am a skyrim modding noob and couldn't find out how to increase the interface. It looks to me like it can currently only display one line of text and an increasing the height should make the whole interface visible. 

I have never used OSA either.  I will update OSA to questionable in the OP and link your findings.  Anyone who has successfully got OSA to work with SkyrimVR can let the community know if there is an interface workaround.