can I somehow prevent  Public Whore from spamming the log?

Its not only Errors and Warnings, but it also bloats the Scriptfile alot. 
I produce 2 MB logs in under an hour of play. 
I did not find any option to disable it. 
I also dont want to disable SKSE logging in general because I need it. 

Would it be possible to add a toggle for these messages? 
Or reduce their timer in the MCM? It seems to check several times in a second... 

see the log attached.

Papyrus.0.log

16 minutes ago, Nymra said:

can I somehow prevent  Public Whore from spamming the log?

Its not only Errors and Warnings, but it also bloats the Scriptfile alot. 

I don't have it writing to the log anywhere so I'll need to fix the functions that are throwing the errors and warnings.

If it's causing save bloat I'm a bit out of my expertise and will need to seek advice from someone who knows Papyrus better.

14 minutes ago, Visio Diaboli said:

I don't have it writing to the log anywhere so I'll need to fix the functions that are throwing the errors and warnings.

If it's causing save bloat I'm a bit out of my expertise and will need to seek advice from someone who knows Papyrus better.

May it be that the warnings and errors are generated because Public Whore scripts are active even without the quest running? 

at least its not running for me (not a public whore atm). 

maybe for the moment you could add a toggle for trace/log messages to be turned off in MCM? 

ingame debug has that option already

I dont want to be overly critical, dont get me wrong. I just dont know how that stuff affects other mods and I read that big papyrus logs are usually not a good sign (I produced a 1 Gigabyte log in my own scripting adventures at one point, hahhaah (in one minute btw). 

3 hours ago, Visio Diaboli said:

You could maybe try coc-ing to PW_ExecutionRoom01 and back out but it's a bit of a long shot.

Alternatively you can swap in this Gallows script in your Data/Scripts folder, I've commented out the debug notification and recompiled it so hopefully it should prevent that.

GallowFurnScriptShort.pex 13.6 kB · 1 download

The swapped script didn't stop the message (thanks for trying), nor did coc-ing in and back out, but removing the script file entirely *did* make the message stop with no immediately observable downsides. Since I've disabled executions anyway - I don't want them and don't intend for them to happen - is this likely to cause any failures with other parts of PW? Don't wanna solve one problem just to create another.

1 hour ago, Nymra said:

May it be that the warnings and errors are generated because Public Whore scripts are active even without the quest running? 

at least its not running for me (not a public whore atm). 

maybe for the moment you could add a toggle for trace/log messages to be turned off in MCM? 

ingame debug has that option already

I dont want to be overly critical, dont get me wrong. I just dont know how that stuff affects other mods and I read that big papyrus logs are usually not a good sign (I produced a 1 Gigabyte log in my own scripting adventures at one point, hahhaah (in one minute btw). 

What's happening is the "PW_IntroDetectionScript" is running while it thinks it's possible to become eligible, and updates information about the current location and ends up looking at my Jarl aliases, then trying to perform checks on them and finds that they're "none". Have you by any chance had PW installed since the creation of that character? Because in that case I'd be fixing both that problem and the "Balgruuf has no quest start dialogue" bug with a fix I'm brainstorming.

Whether it affects other mods, not entirely sure. If Creation Engine stops the call when it tries to do something to a "none" then it should be fine but, if it freaks out with unpredictable results, then it could be more concerning.

26 minutes ago, ihateaccountrequirements said:

The swapped script didn't stop the message (thanks for trying), nor did coc-ing in and back out, but removing the script file entirely *did* make the message stop with no immediately observable downsides. Since I've disabled executions anyway - I don't want them and don't intend for them to happen - is this likely to cause any failures with other parts of PW? Don't wanna solve one problem just to create another.

"Immediately observable downsides" is always the catch. I'd at least test if you can go to Gallows Landing without a ctd. It'll mean the game can't find the script that's supposed to go on the gallows furnitures, so my intuition is that if it was going to cause a problem, it would do so when you load up the cell. But I don't know enough of the engine internals to say 100% that it won't do anything other than that.

5 minutes ago, Visio Diaboli said:

What's happening is the "PW_IntroDetectionScript" is running while it thinks it's possible to become eligible, and updates information about the current location and ends up looking at my Jarl aliases, then trying to perform checks on them and finds that they're "none". Have you by any chance had PW installed since the creation of that character? Because in that case I'd be fixing both that problem and the "Balgruuf has no quest start dialogue" bug with a fix I'm brainstorming.

I had the mod installed before i clicked "new game" if you mean that. So yes, it was already there when I created both the game and the character. 

I want to report a bug with the new version.

At Solitude, once you delay Rainen enough and spoke to Veldia everyone have the same possible sentence

You wanted to speak with me my Jarl?

Another point. If you somehow don't delay Rainen enough the quest will fail but if you speak at him after the quest is ''complete''

Veldia will appear and she will consider you as the new public whore even if it's not the case.

20210412222949_1.thumb.jpg.f66ced07c29c7bd90fd28b7a85f7a270.jpg20210412222428_1.thumb.jpg.7282ea20d770620bf78b560fc2fe71b3.jpg

20210412223638_1.jpg

20210412223643_1.jpg

20210412223650_1.jpg

20210412223714_1.jpg

20210412223720_1.jpg

20210412223734_1.jpg

50 minutes ago, lcewolf said:

At Solitude, once you delay Rainen enough and spoke to Veldia everyone have the same possible sentence

I must have conditioned the dialogue wrong. Is it there after the quest is completed?

Evidently I didn't playtest that quest enough.

13 minutes ago, Visio Diaboli said:

I must have conditioned the dialogue wrong. Is it there after the quest is completed?

Evidently I didn't playtest that quest enough.

The first two pictures the one where I managed to delay Rainen Threlles.

Following the conversation with Vedia Belenus, all NPCs have the text '' You wanted to speak to me, Jarl?

The other photos are the result of either not delaying Rainen Threlles long enough after he spoke to the Jarl.

If I talk to him again after the quest is 'successful' and I'm not the public whore, i can always delay him and bring up Vedia Belenus.

She considers me the public whore even though I'm not. 

then i have these sentences available

What did you get me into? and Why did you do this to me?

And this even if I am not the public whore.

9 hours ago, Visio Diaboli said:

~(A && B) = ~A || ~B

If not in enforced mode, restore items

Or if inventory isn't taken in enforced mode, restore items

It's just meant to be used when returning items after a punishment scene.

Though I should move the conditional statement to surround the function calls, or implement a second function without it, so that the MCM debug restores items regardless of that.

Ahh I see, thanks for the clarification, I assumed the enforcedInventoryModeTaken variable was controlled by the toggle option in the MCM menu (Take inventory in enforced mode). I was looking into this because I had a weird bug where my PC would start in enforced mode with inventory taken but after a punishment scene, my items would be returned back to me. 

14 minutes ago, DisarmingSnail said:

Ahh I see, thanks for the clarification, I assumed the enforcedInventoryModeTaken variable was controlled by the toggle option in the MCM menu (Take inventory in enforced mode). I was looking into this because I had a weird bug where my PC would start in enforced mode with inventory taken but after a punishment scene, my items would be returned back to me. 

Oh. It shouldn't do that, though, because that is supposed to be the MCM-exposed variable.

Something odd is happening there, I'll have to investigate it.

I disabled all Startup Toggles and I am still approached by a guard that wants to bring me to the jarl.

Since this dialogue is not respecting other mods like Prison Overhaul (I am approached while imprisoned...) it would be nice if it could be disabled. 

small suggestion:

sadistic customers should add punishment score to the PC just for the fun. 

I feel like its impossible to get punishment score when not roleplaying to say "no" in dialogue. 

would be nice to have punishments even when you are totally submissive (its a brutal world, no?) :D

would also like to see punishment score added in smaller septs of 100, the debug only has 1000 steps

and what does "trigger 2, 3, 4 mean?"

1 hour ago, Nymra said:

I disabled all Startup Toggles and I am still approached by a guard that wants to bring me to the jarl.

Since this dialogue is not respecting other mods like Prison Overhaul (I am approached while imprisoned...) it would be nice if it could be disabled. 

The uploaded version wasn't checking the MCM value but it should prevent that in subsequent versions.

5 minutes ago, Nymra said:

sadistic customers should add punishment score to the PC just for the fun.

Probably worth adding, I wanted to add a scenario where NPCs just lie about the PC disobeying to mess with her, and that'd be the place to do it.

6 minutes ago, Nymra said:

trigger 2, 3, 4

I used them as a lazy way to trigger certain functions. Trigger 1 was the punishment score but I made that one a permanent feature, and then forgot to hide the rest for release. In that order, they:

-Start the generic punishment scene (from saying no to guards and refusing to be declared PW)

-Start the heavy torture scene

-Mark the player as due for the next punishment they would be due for

cool. thx!
Eager to see the next version then.

Small feedback note:

- funny that the mod adds dialogue to creatures in the city, haha. I put 40% decline chance so my PC desperatly asks dogs and guard trolls

Suggestion:

would it be possible to add an hour slider as alternative?

I am playing with a realy low timescale (5 or 10 usually) and that makes a day freaking long (at 10 a day is about 2 hours 24 minutes long)
so I can either set the score very high and endure all that time (all mods get repetetive after so much time) OR I can just do my score and never fail the time set for completion.

I was aiming for something like an 8-12 hours task time for me with 20 clients or so. with difficult settings (decline 40%) and other rape mods interfere (Sladventure rape just takes the PC anyway without quota of course) this would mean that I REALLY have to be quick in finding and accepting customers to not fail the timer, making this really a game and not just endless fucking.

And with random punishment score added by sadists I would also be due to some punishment which is also negative for the time quota. 

18 hours ago, Visio Diaboli said:

"Immediately observable downsides" is always the catch. I'd at least test if you can go to Gallows Landing without a ctd. It'll mean the game can't find the script that's supposed to go on the gallows furnitures, so my intuition is that if it was going to cause a problem, it would do so when you load up the cell. But I don't know enough of the engine internals to say 100% that it won't do anything other than that.

The gallows have been visited safely - can't interact with them, of course, but no CTD on arrival. I'll keep an eye out for other issues and be glad for the radio silence in the meantime.

when taken to the dungeon in the solitude quest the man just stands in the corner doing nothing and the same happens for faringar. he casts the spell then walks me to the thane then nothing just stands there. im using SE. i think adding fusrodo helped but now after the court wizard sex in whiterun nothing happens

Big fan of the mod. I installed it and so far its working really well, is very easy to implement and hasn't messed anything else up that I've noticed. Well done.

If you're taking suggestions for other updates, I'd want to see more degrading comments and outcomes - maybe some group scenes, being locked out of Inns or other things to mark the whore as public property, like more slave tats or nasty comments etc. If possible, could you incorporate an enforcer or followers to accept jobs on the PC's behalf - possibly to stop a rebellious whore saying no?

Great work. I rarely comment on mods but yours simply worked well and I was very impressed - thanks for the time you spent making it! 

On 4/12/2021 at 10:27 PM, Visio Diaboli said:

**snip**

I installed PW 1.0.2 SE and then started a new game. I had some lag issues and a couple of loading black screens going nowhere. I can't say that Public Whore is the culprit, but my log is spammed w/ this detection script. 17 instances had the same time stamp: 10:30:29AM. That can't be good.

Is there a need for it to be constantly checking? Wouldn't a check every 1 or 2 game hours up to once a game day be sufficient? Or possibly cell load? Even a combination of once a game day plus on cell load? Going in and out of a store 17 times wouldn't cause the script to fire as quickly as it is now.

I admit I'm not a programmer, so maybe I'm talking clown dust, but until this is resolved I am going to take it out of my load order. If something else is causing me issues, I might be able to find it in the log once there's no more PW spam.

I look forward to trying this again. Thank you.

7 hours ago, 83ilotzent said:

I wish the slavetats actually went where you wanted them to go.

Like the solitude and windhelm symbol tat goes on the players ass. but the the markarth one doesnt. 

They all go to a different place so one doesn't overwrite the others.  I managed to collect all of them :)  A uniform size would be nice though, the one on your upper back is huge compared to the rest.  Should be the same size as the others, and a bit lower so most long hair won't hide it.  Or maybe relocated to the front just above Dawnstar.