Toys Poll  

859 members have voted

1. 1. The most important feature in Toys is...

• The toys themselves
    • Toys Effects & Buffs, incl. transformation & unique escape methods
    • Toys "Love" features... Rousing, Fondle, Denial, Oversexed, Spontaneous Orgasm
    • Animations... Bound, Blind Fall, Spontaneous Orgasm, Signing, & Other
  2. 2. When using Toys, I normally have...

• Only Toys Framework installed
    • Toys + DD installed
    • Toys + ZAP installed
    • Toys + ZAP + DD installed

2 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

Sexlab's latest beta has no clear instructions on upgrading, far as I know, but I'd not upgrade any framework that has not had attention for years till finally now, without starting a new game. A cleaning save tool WILL have that effect, its a temporary relief, but your save is corrupt, and symptoms will creep in eventually, its just a question of time. The Resaver author tells you that.

Just the fact that you had to do the cleaning, to get it to work, tells you it needs a new game.

Hmm? I was updating from sexlab SE 1.63 beta 8 to beta 9, so there is only a few months gap between the two versions. Osmel provided an upgrading instruction in the support section, I followed that and all of my sexlab mods except battle fuck! worked as far as I could tell. Anyways fortunately i haven’t progressed very far in my current save, time to start a new save…

FNIS Sexy Move

Always like playing with new "Toys."  Question is I've installed/new game few times now and have not been able to get FNIS Sexy Move to play with Toy framework.  Any other users of FNIS Sexy Move experiencing issues?  Its minor but do preference FNIS Sexy Move when running about.

34 minutes ago, ooftaj said:

FNIS Sexy Move

Always like playing with new "Toys."  Question is I've installed/new game few times now and have not been able to get FNIS Sexy Move to play with Toy framework.  Any other users of FNIS Sexy Move experiencing issues?  Its minor but do preference FNIS Sexy Move when running about.

If tried to make Sexy Move happy, but there does not seem to be any solution.

Toys uses "offset animations" which are rarely used by other mods, for magical wrist bindings, blind walk/run, gag signing, and fondle thyself. Its offset that allow you to keep moving around (no locking the player controls), and changing only the upper body. When these animations end, Toys does a reset to default idle animations, and mods using Alternate Animations, including Toys can happily resume. FNIS, even thought it's the mod that provides the tech to play these offset animations, did not implement something in Sexy Moves, to handle a reset to default idle even though its the default idle that it's replacing. It was not designed to consider that a mod might use offset animations. Essentially it needs to re-invoke its own animations when that happens. Toys can't do that for it.

So that's the technical reason. The nice simple replacer animations out there, for walk/run/idle, work fine for this. That's what I use, there's several on Nexus.

I use sexy moves and it seems to work just fine alongside toys. I also use some alternate idles and sitting animations, so maybe those kick it back into play? Don't know any of the technical stuff, I just know it seems to work for me so far.

5 hours ago, sfeile said:

I use sexy moves and it seems to work just fine alongside toys. I also use some alternate idles and sitting animations, so maybe those kick it back into play? Don't know any of the technical stuff, I just know it seems to work for me so far.

Well Sexy Moves also does NPCs, which work fine with Toys. I think the only thing Toys is going to conflict with is the idles, so if you have replacers for idles, its playing those instead, that's why you wont notice anything. IMO, the SexyMove animations look silly, and you can do much better. I'd call it outdated but the replacers that are better, are also very old and been around forever lol. :P

Now that said testing is inconclusive. I've not added anything definitive to the Conflicts in Troubleshooting yet, because I really don't know enough.

Edited by VirginMarie

Updated Spontaneous Orgasm

@jbezorg Your recent post inspired me to give some priority to making Toys have additional DD Awareness. This is part of it.

Currently, when Toys has you bound (locked irons, hardcore magical wrist bindings, armbinder, or yoke), it "phases the wrist toy into oblivion" (hides the toy), so that Spontaneous Orgasm, Fondle, Exhausted, and Gag Signing, don't look stupid. Can't do that for DDs so I was stuck with not playing Spontaneous Orgasm at all, but that bothered me because spontaneous orgasm is key for keeping arousal NOT pinned at 100, so I had not done anything yet.

I thought of the solution in the video. The next release will use this for Toys wrist toys, DDs, and also randomly sometimes play this for the sake of variety, when you are not bound. 

29 minutes ago, Electric Aether said:

Im suspecting it's this mod causing this problem

npcs that are wearing clothes/Armor equip it after unequiping it during a sexlab scene

has anyone else had his problem and is there a way to fix it?

Toys in no way ever touches NPCs during a sexlab scene.

A papyrus log might help find your culprit. If a mod is calling Sexlab's stripping function, it will be logged by Sexlab.

1 hour ago, YojimboRatchet said:

Hey there, here's a silly question I guess, but can Toys and DD (and mods that use them) co-exist in the same playthrough at all without conflict ? I would like to be able to use them both as some Mods for Toys look amazing, but I use many old mods who use DD as well.

thanks

Yes. Its one of the things discussed in Tips & Tricks.

23 hours ago, Lisette11 said:

Is this mod compatible with Submissive Lola Resubmission? 

22 hours ago, Lisette11 said:

Never mind, it's not. Hopefully someone makes a similar mod for this. 

What does compatible with Lola mean? If you mean does the Submissive Lola mod "use" Toys... no. But that does not make it incompatible, it just means its not going to put toys from Toys on you. I would expect that Submissive Lola can run along side Toys, like any DD mod can.

But what I'm most curious about, is what "makes a similar mod for this" would be about. What aspects of that mod, would you be looking for? It was ages ago when I once tried it,  when it used I think no DD, just ZAZ, and I don't recall it much. 

Edited by VirginMarie

Similar mod would mean a dominant follower mod that has the PC submitting to them because they like it, not because they are forced. And I tried to have Submissive Lola with toys, but it requires DD which conflicts with toys. I saw a follower mod is in the making, I just hope it will be consensual. Like after the PC has had some sex the follower could ask if they wanted to become their slut/sex slave, and/or they start with suggesting they "play around" a bit and the suggestions get progressively bigger, but there being the option of refusing.

Edited by Lisette11
23 minutes ago, Lisette11 said:

Similar mod would mean a dominant follower mod that has the PC submitting to them because they like it, not because they are forced. And I tried to have Submissive Lola with toys, but it requires DD which conflicts with toys. I saw a follower mod is in the making, I just hope it will be consensual. Like after the PC has had some sex the follower could ask if they wanted to become their slut/sex slave, and/or they start with suggesting they "play around" a bit and the suggestions get progressively bigger, but there being the option of refusing.

Ok good to know. I'm not personally making such mod, but I do think someone is, and will be reading! :D 

but it requires DD which conflicts with toys - there are minor conflicts, and they become less with each release. The next release will have several things making Toys more "DD aware". My guess is that more than half of the people using Toys right now, are running it side by side with DD. Do you know of a specific conflict that is making you say this?

18 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

Ok good to know. I'm not personally making such mod, but I do think someone is, and will be reading! :D 

but it requires DD which conflicts with toys - there are minor conflicts, and they become less with each release. The next release will have several things making Toys more "DD aware". My guess is that more than half of the people using Toys right now, are running it side by side with DD. Do you know of a specific conflict that is making you say this?

I'll look forward to it!

Not a specific conflict, I have just been told that if I use Toys I  should delete DD and vice versa. I only got my load order sorted today. Switching the mods I noticed that FNIS CTD percent was a lot lower. I'm excited to try this out.

Edited by Lisette11

I'm getting a random red burst magic effect and slow down which I think is the exhaustion effect. It has been "extremely persistent" on my character. I'm not sure what happened to cause this change, but the toys aren't even equipped and it is still happening despite efforts to reduce character arousal, unequip toys, etc. I entered Riften i was hit with the spell and notified via text that my character was exhausted after a fight with a thief. Since then, it has been constantly happening.

Already tried the MCM debug options. Going to try completely disabling the mod and seeing if the issue persists.

There is no active effect visible in the power menu though. It's mostly just really really really annoying.

EDIT: I disabled the toys mod and can say with certainty this mod's exhaustion effect is the most likely source. The issue completely stops when Toys is disabled. I'm not sure why it completely broke, but it makes me hesitant to use the Toys mod if the effect might occur even with the toys unequipped.

Edited by Aki K
1 hour ago, Aki K said:

I'm getting a random red burst magic effect and slow down which I think is the exhaustion effect. It has been "extremely persistent" on my character. I'm not sure what happened to cause this change, but the toys aren't even equipped and it is still happening despite efforts to reduce character arousal, unequip toys, etc. I entered Riften i was hit with the spell and notified via text that my character was exhausted after a fight with a thief. Since then, it has been constantly happening.

You are "oversexed", or possibly "overheating" if HoT&WeT is installed.

This info is from the Change Log and Features page...

• Oversexed - Denying and Fondling increase Oversexed, the increase making success harder. Visual and slow effects occur when your Oversexed is high

Oversexed

Oversexed increases when you successfully deny or fondle, including involuntary fondling. It decays over time. The closer you are to the maximum (which can be set in MCM), the lower the chance of success. You get a visual effect and slow down briefly when Oversexed is getting high.

It's not connected to Exhausted.

So is it working as intended? Are you fondling and/or denying lots (the two new hotkeys)? Oversexed increases from involuntary fondling too, but this alone should not be enough to max it out other than in a rare case of randomness. It will decay over time.

These features are used in HoT&WeT. If you have that installed, then that mod adds also, a red explosion effect when you are overheating. So it could be that too if you are using HoT&WeT.

Both features are related to toys worn since they increase arousal and add the HoT&WeT warming, but you don't need to wear a toy to fondle, or deny, therefore you can become oversexed without wearing toys, and removing toys is not going to do anything.

You can adjust many things that affect oversexed. You could increase the Oversexed Max.

Edited by VirginMarie
1 hour ago, VirginMarie said:

You are "oversexed", or possibly "overheating" if HoT&WeT is installed.

This info is from the Change Log and Features page...

It's not connected to Exhausted.

So is it working as intended? Are you fondling and/or denying lots (the two new hotkeys)? Oversexed increases from involuntary fondling too, but this alone should not be enough to max it out other than in a rare case of randomness. It will decay over time.

These features are used in HoT&WeT. If you have that installed, then that mod adds also, a red explosion effect when you are overheating. So it could be that too if you are using HoT&WeT.

Both features are related to toys worn since they increase arousal and add the HoT&WeT warming, but you don't need to wear a toy to fondle, or deny, therefore you can become oversexed without wearing toys, and removing toys is not going to do anything.

You can adjust many things that affect oversexed. You could increase the Oversexed Max.

HoT&WeT is not installed.

Character was definitely fondling a lot but was not using the denial hotkey. I assumed it was Exhausted since that was the text notification I received but it likely was oversexed/overheating. But again HoT&WeT is not installed and effort to reduce arousal didn't seem to be working.

Just now, Aki K said:

HoT&WeT is not installed.

Character was definitely fondling a lot but was not using the denial hotkey. I assumed it was Exhausted since that was the text notification I received but it likely was oversexed/overheating. But again HoT&WeT is not installed and effort to reduce arousal didn't seem to be working.

Its Oversexed. You can't overheat without HoT&WeT.

Since oversexed effect can occur during anything, sure it can happen while exhausted, but can happen during anything.

Reducing arousal does not reduce oversexed. It decays over time... only. Its happy to decay when your arousal increases. Wait and sleep wont help either, we talking real time, not game time.

Increasing the Oversexed max will change things instantly. Try that... although might be better to keep the default and become familiar with the feature before changing things.

Sounds like its working as intended. Watch and see? Let me know how it goes if you think its broken, I'd love to know. There's a Toys release coming pretty soon focused on some refinements/balance, but I've not touched Oversexed/Denial/Fondle so far. Not found any reason too yet.

By the way, are you enjoying seeing your Voice In My Head Lines? :D

Just to confirm, removing a mod mid-save, save again, then installing a newer version of the mod and then continue the game from the latest save does not break the golden rule as long as the load and installation order of the new mod are the same as the old correct?

10 minutes ago, FredOof said:

Just to confirm, removing a mod mid-save, save again, then installing a newer version of the mod and then continue the game from the latest save does not break the golden rule as long as the load and installation order of the new mod are the same as the old correct?

Incorrect, you are corrupting your save.

Uninstall, then reinstall (or just overwrite) - all is well, no load order was changed  (there was no save between)

Uninstall, save game.... ops now load order changed and is now baked into your save thus corrupt. Anything you do after can't fix that

Edited by VirginMarie