Toys Poll  

859 members have voted

1. 1. The most important feature in Toys is...

• The toys themselves
    • Toys Effects & Buffs, incl. transformation & unique escape methods
    • Toys "Love" features... Rousing, Fondle, Denial, Oversexed, Spontaneous Orgasm
    • Animations... Bound, Blind Fall, Spontaneous Orgasm, Signing, & Other
  2. 2. When using Toys, I normally have...

• Only Toys Framework installed
    • Toys + DD installed
    • Toys + ZAP installed
    • Toys + ZAP + DD installed

17 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

Incorrect, you are corrupting your save.

Uninstall, then reinstall (or just overwrite) - all is well, no load order was changed  (there was no save between)

Uninstall, save game.... ops now load order changed and is now baked into your save thus corrupt. Anything you do after can't fix that

Thanks you for replying, in our previous conversation you mentioned that if I don’t clean the save then all is well as a response to my earlier procedure where not only a new save is made after removing the older version of the mod, but that save would also be cleaned. I misunderstood your reply as that when it comes to upgrading I should still make a new save when the mod was removed but just not clean it.

Since the mod I am upgrading this time is enb light I am pretty sure just reinstalling will do the trick, thanks for clarifying the procedure. 

22 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

Its Oversexed. You can't overheat without HoT&WeT.

Since oversexed effect can occur during anything, sure it can happen while exhausted, but can happen during anything.

Reducing arousal does not reduce oversexed. It decays over time... only. Its happy to decay when your arousal increases. Wait and sleep wont help either, we talking real time, not game time.

Increasing the Oversexed max will change things instantly. Try that... although might be better to keep the default and become familiar with the feature before changing things.

Sounds like its working as intended. Watch and see? Let me know how it goes if you think its broken, I'd love to know. There's a Toys release coming pretty soon focused on some refinements/balance, but I've not touched Oversexed/Denial/Fondle so far. Not found any reason too yet.

By the way, are you enjoying seeing your Voice In My Head Lines? :D

Very much enjoying the voice lines. ^-^

Just to ask and be sure, does oversexed regularly keep doing the red burst or is it only supposed to be once and then wear-off over time?

26 minutes ago, Aki K said:

Very much enjoying the voice lines. ^-^

Just to ask and be sure, does oversexed regularly keep doing the red burst or is it only supposed to be once and then wear-off over time?

• Red burst may repeat. Unless something is broken, the highest frequency this can occur is about once per minute
  • Red burst comes with a very brief slowing of movement
  • Most often you will see it 1 to 3 times before it has a chance to wear off. But if you keep denying or fondling, then it will persist, most often going away, then coming back
    •  I often cause this persistence because I'm trying to stay warm in HoT&WeT, and desperately denying... this is part of the fun. Even if not using HoT&WeT, you might be trying to keep arousal for buffs, or Love Shout damage in SLaVE (just some examples)
  • If random luck causes involuntarily fondling, this contributes to slowing the decay of oversexed
  • With default settings for all the related features (they are all on the Arousal & Denial tab), its hard to shed oversexed if you don't allow your arousal to go down since you will keep fondling, but even if you don't have it going down, it will still slowly wear off in my experience

If the above is not your experience, a screenshot of your Arousal & Denial tab would let me figure out what might be up.

To Everyone... are you using the new denial and fondle hotkeys and finding any balance problems for Oversexed? Change Log gives the details, and points to a page with even more details if needed. Also if answering his, please let me know if you are also using HoT&WeT, and share a screenshot of your Arousal & Denial tab if any settings have changed from default.

34 minutes ago, Rebe0 said:

I'm getting a problem where the toys are misaligned with the body, I have followed FAQ#1 and have tried with both Bodyslide files for SE, I am running CBBE 3bbb amazing body using MO2 with an override folder

All toys you try, or just that one?

I'm going to guess its all, since when I tried it just now, using latest release stuff, it works.

I've used The CBBE 3bbb package (note: no point trying anything other than that for CBBE 3bbb Body Amazing). I build with my preset, both the body (CBBE 3bbb Body Amazing), and the toys.

20210819131812_1.jpg 20210819131820_1.jpg

My guess is that you are not building both the body and the toys with the same preset, or you have something out of date, like not recent version of the body, or bodyslide. There's not much more I can do other than to say, follow those FAQ #1 steps.

Edited by VirginMarie
6 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

All toys you try, or just that one?

I'm going to guess its all, since when I tried it just now, using latest release stuff, it works.

I've used The CBBE 3bbb package (note: no point trying anything other than that for CBBE 3bbb Body Amazing). I build with my preset, both the body (CBBE 3bbb Body Amazing), and the toys.

20210819131812_1.jpg 20210819131820_1.jpg

My guess is that you are not building both the body and the toys with the same preset, or you have something out of date, like not recent version of the body, or bodyslide. There's not much more I can do other than to say, follow those FAQ #1 steps.

Unfortunately I am sure that i used the same preset for both the body and the toys group, and i downloaded both 3bbb and bodyslide files today. further more if i use outfit studio the body seems to align with the toys correctly. I can also confirm that I've selected the correct override folder when batch building the toy group 

28 minutes ago, Rebe0 said:

further more if i use outfit studio the body seems to align with the toys correctly.

This demonstrates that the setup is correct, and something is wrong with what you are doing to utilize it.

I've built the same toy today, and shown you it works. Nobody else at all is reporting a problem. The bodyslide files have not changed since July 12, long enough that if there were a problem, it would be reported, particularly on the most popular body.

Edited by VirginMarie
On 8/17/2021 at 7:03 AM, VirginMarie said:

Uninstall, save game.... ops now load order changed and is now baked into your save thus corrupt.

Interestingly though - if you swap the mod you are removing for a dummy empty mod you can avoid this issue as the load order is preserved by the dummy mod. 

Edited by Bane Master
3 hours ago, Bane Master said:

Interestingly though - if you swap the mod you are removing for a dummy empty mod you can avoid this issue as the load order is preserved by the dummy mod. 

This can maybe sometimes work, but you also potentially leave behind some baked in scripts and other nasty thingies, from the previous mod. So its safety is in the "very questionable" category, just like results produced by a cleaning tool. The author of resaver admits this, right on the main download page. Perhaps safe for a script-less mod, or one that has a "shutdown" feature that you run first, if you trust it. Sexlab for example has a shutdown feature, but in its current state in SE, It's changed too much that I'd not touch it, and if you are uninstalling sexlab, you just started a new game anyhow because half your mods are gone :P . Just an example though. In the end... just follow the golden rule! :D

Hi all! Love the mods. 

I'm guessing the quest property is already baked into my save because I couldn't replace the giant red oversexed explosion that knocks everything off the shelves (via TESVEdit, just editing that property in the quest to use another explosion - thought it would work, but it didn't) - ended up having to adjust the vanilla ExplosionIllusionDark01 explosion to have a water splash and a whip sound and 0 force. That explosion is used by Wabbajack and a bunch of other vanilla things and I hate to do it but it's preferable to constantly exploding everything around me (I'm a little OCD and I hate ruining the Dollmaker's decor) and half jumping out of my skin when it happens. Though it's surprising and it looks cool! I get why you're using it.

Is there any chance in the future to copy that explosion over (rather than use the vanilla one) so that we can adjust it ourselves? If not, no worries! Thanks for all the hard work you're doing.

In case anyone else is interested (I'm using a water splash from the first explosion entry in Skyrim.esm and a whip sound from Deviously Cursed Loot because it's the first thing I saw in my compatibility patch that fit but you can use any sound and any model effect) here's an example change for that explosion: 

TES5Edit_NMszQxMTm0.png.e4b1937b4382ba5533e11b48db501de0.png

1 hour ago, arbiter said:

Is there any chance in the future to copy that explosion over (rather than use the vanilla one) so that we can adjust it ourselves? If not, no worries! Thanks for all the hard work you're doing.

*Giggles*  I was waiting for this to come up.

There's actually 2 explosion effects introduced into Toys, over the last 2 releases, plus one that is in HoT&WeT:

1. Oversexed... The one you speak of. Red explosion
  2. Toy Transformations... Its visual is less extreme, with a tiny sound, but its physics is actually even more powerful
  3. Overheating in HoT&WeT if you have it... A more powerful red explosion (is the same one used for Love Shout in SLaVE)
  4. Strip Effect... Since the first Alpha of the Toys, the Strip effect include physics, and stuff scatters

What if there were an MCM option that allows you to turn off just the physics for all of these? You'd still have sound and light effects.

I do have another crazier idea, but its doable... The stuff that was knocked about and sent flying, could move back into place on its own... like maybe 10 seconds after. In fact its maybe even possible that staff slowly moves back into position, ghost like. Or the next time you explode, that fixes it. Probably unneeded to take any of this too far, but it would be cool :P

Edited by VirginMarie

DOABLE?! Sounds impossibru! But crazy awesome. 

tldr; yes an option to turn off physics would be great. but also when i'm in the middle of something and a firecracker goes off it's... ah, a bit offputting for me personally. but at the very least not blowing poor Dollmaker's crockery all over the place would be wonderful.

Full drunk response:

Yeah I hunted down each and every one of those and overrode the damn explosion in the quest or in the main mod (since SLaVE uses a copy of the mod-exclusive explosion) and nothing was working. Finally edited the vanilla explosion and it worked. I know one uses an undead killing explosion but I haven't gotten to the point I'd need to worry about that. 

Basically just the one that explodes everything when it goes up or down, which it constantly did because I had to try to stay horny in my personal locked up Wyrmstooth Immerslave alt start where you have to survive frostfall and native wildlife using hunterborn and campfire to make clothing and weapons out of animal parts because there are no NPCs to loot and Deviously Cursed Loot's strengthen spell (which I nerfed a lot) and other buffs were the only reason I was even able to walk outside the cave in my slave boots and chains and kite some wolves into some horkers and craft some lockpicks and bows and arrows and clothing.

Long story short this mod made that entire experience like 10x more enjoyable tryna keep my horny buffs... except occasionally during my camping trip I exploded in red fire, scaring the fuck out of me out of nowhere. ARE THESE HORKERS FIRE MAGES?! Luckily the horkers didn't have anything on shelves to spray across the coastline.

Wat. Why even. Wait. Masterpiece? Too much stuff, not enough space? Name this phenomenon after an onomatopoeia? WHATTHEFUCKEVERYWHERECASATROPHEEVERYTHINGSBACKWAITHOWDIDTHATHAPPABNNBNENRSHA;FJDKSL;AJF;LKOAQWEJFKL;AZJSDEFK;LJASZ;DILFOKJESDKL;JKL

-TURN MYSELF OFF-

-TURN MYSELF BACK ON AGAIN-

"Well I know karate. Voodoo too. "

"I'm gonna make myself available to you."

Fuck I left my Tom Waits Alarm on, my bad.

"I don't need no make up."
"I got real scars."
"I got hair on my chest."
"I look good without a shirt."

"Well I don't lose my composure"
"In a high speed chase"

FUCK I pressed snooze instead of turning it off. After a while it's just Tom Waits' masturbatory ode to himself. But the beginning's nice.

So yeah um.... that's some Season of the Witch scripting right there. I have NO IDEA how you did that.

"When I look out my window,"
"Many sights to see."
"And when I look in my window,"
"So many different people to be,"
"That it's strange, so strange."
"You've got to pick up every stitch,"

And you picked up every goddamn stitch. That's fucking amazing.

22 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

This can maybe sometimes work, but you also potentially leave behind some baked in scripts

Well that's where the script cleaner stage comes in before swapping the empty mod for the new version being reinstalled, buts lets just agree to politely disagree as I am guessing we are not going to convince each other ?

2 hours ago, Bane Master said:

Well that's where the script cleaner stage comes in before swapping the empty mod for the new version being reinstalled, buts lets just agree to politely disagree as I am guessing we are not going to convince each other ?

In order to use the cleaner, you must save before that swap. That save has changed the load order. Now the new load order is baked in when you insert your empty mod, thus you have changed the load order TWICE by the time you do a save with the empty mod. TWICE you have saved with a changed load order. TWICE you have broken the golden rule. TWICE you have corrupted your save.

15 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

In order to use the cleaner, you must save before that swap.

There is no change in load order, the process I use is:

1. Disable mod to be removed and activate dummy mod at same position in load order
  2. Load game wait 30 seconds - save game
  3. Clean this save
  4. Load game wait 30 seconds - save game
  5. Disable dummy mod and enable updated mod at same position in load order.
  6. Load game - play.

This approach has worked consistently for me.

I only use it as a last resort to update mods where serious bugs have come to light as I agree that wherever possible you should only update mods where the author has published an update that doesn't require a "clean save".  

6 hours ago, Bane Master said:

There is no change in load order, the process I use is:

1. Disable mod to be removed and activate dummy mod at same position in load order
  2. Load game wait 30 seconds - save game
  3. Clean this save
  4. Load game wait 30 seconds - save game
  5. Disable dummy mod and enable updated mod at same position in load order.
  6. Load game - play.

This approach has worked consistently for me.

I only use it as a last resort to update mods where serious bugs have come to light as I agree that wherever possible you should only update mods where the author has published an update that doesn't require a "clean save".  

Oh I see. That's a neat trick that does not break the golden rule and has a decent chance of utilizing a cleaning tool like resaver with success. Its for a limited use case and people have to understand when that use case is available, do the process exactly, and like you say, its last resort. It's not for the tame.

The main use case for Toys, is when you introduce Toys into your load order for the first time. For this, there's no opportunity to use your trick. There's no getting around starting a new game.

HaHa that was interesting.  Using default settings of Toys, and Whorecrux, I was unable to save DD's chloe of first part of game before dying from masturbation, orgasm overload.  My pc actually died.  I'm going to have to get into mcm and figure this out to survive this.