Lot of modders have problem with LE Creation Kit. I think it would be better to switch to SE. I was worried that my old laptop would have problem running SE version but I just checked it and it works just fine. If creating mod with SE will be easier I think you should do it.

On 1/1/2022 at 1:51 PM, Prime66 said:

The reason for which was the death of a Relative of mine, which left me and my Family to deal with the aftermath.

Sorry for your loss, hope everything is fine with you and your family.

As for the question LE vs SE - I'm LE user only, tried the SE version, but it didn't feel right. My take on the matter is that it's much easier to do LE -> SE conversion than the other way around and the modding community does not support SE -> LE conversion as strongly. So, if you switch to SE only, many LE users won't be able to experience your brilliant work. And that would be a shame, since this is one of, if not the most promising mod on LL.

Anyway, I wish you all the best, can't wait for the update!

I find it really strange all the people saying SE is "Different" or "hard" to use. I really feel the issue is more down to personal bias and not wanting to have to change. Heck why fix something if it ain't broke, the issue with saying that though is LE is broke as heck out of the box. You have memory and script bloat issues that crash the game hard when using a few script heavy mods. This makes loading areas or saves hell as you're likely to get CTD's. Why would I want to spend even more time on top of making a functioning list trying to install memory fixes and rebooting every 10 mins I enter a room only for the game to crash. 

Edited by RoxDox
1 hour ago, RoxDox said:

I find it really strange all the people saying SE is "Different" or "hard" to use. I really feel the issue is more down to personal bias and not wanting to have to change. Heck why fix something if it ain't broke, the issue with saying that though is LE is broke as heck out of the box. You have memory and script bloat issues that crash the game hard when using a few script heavy loading areas or saves. Why would I want to spend even more time on top of making a functioning list trying to install memory fixes and rebooting every 10 mins I enter a room only for the game to crash. 

mine work just fine.

3 hours ago, RoxDox said:

I find it really strange all the people saying SE is "Different" or "hard" to use. I really feel the issue is more down to personal bias and not wanting to have to change. Heck why fix something if it ain't broke, the issue with saying that though is LE is broke as heck out of the box. You have memory and script bloat issues that crash the game hard when using a few script heavy loading areas or saves. Why would I want to spend even more time on top of making a functioning list trying to install memory fixes and rebooting every 10 mins I enter a room only for the game to crash. 

The main issue I have with SE is that it ruins the Skyrim experience with fake graphical effects that without mods to disable or tune them look just plain horrible. It's a bit like the GTA classic remakes. Yes they run better and yes they are optimized for modern stuff. But the atmosphere is totally ruined. A big part of an adventure RPG like Skyrim for me is the atmosphere so I'm quite stunned how anyone would approve of the graphical bodge job they did on SE. Change is fine if it makes something better. Changing because changing is just stupid.

And without much hassle you can get LE as stable as SE nowadays with the excellent work the community has done over the years. The only downside to LE is that you shouldn't run a zilion mods at once. But that will also bricks SE. And yeah out of the box SE is more stable. But as this a modders place I don't really see much issue in that. 

33 minutes ago, naaitsab said:

The main issue I have with SE is that it ruins the Skyrim experience with fake graphical effects that without mods to disable or tune them look just plain horrible. It's a bit like the GTA classic remakes. Yes they run better and yes they are optimized for modern stuff. But the atmosphere is totally ruined. A big part of an adventure RPG like Skyrim for me is the atmosphere so I'm quite stunned how anyone would approve of the graphical bodge job they did on SE. Change is fine if it makes something better. Changing because changing is just stupid.

And without much hassle you can get LE as stable as SE nowadays with the excellent work the community has done over the years. The only downside to LE is that you shouldn't run a zilion mods at once. But that will also bricks SE. And yeah out of the box SE is more stable. But as this a modders place I don't really see much issue in that. 

I mainly play SE but i got gifted LE, is it better graphics wise for real? A friend has it but he told me it just makes things look "nordic"-er so idk lol.

2 hours ago, Joji vlogs said:

I mainly play SE but i got gifted LE, is it better graphics wise for real? A friend has it but he told me it just makes things look "nordic"-er so idk lol.

I don't know if its true anymore, but as I understand it for a long time there were features in the LE version of Skyrim ENB that hadn't been ported to the SSE version. I've read that current binaries of SSE ENB no longer have those limitations, but I cannot attest if that's true. 

Of course, with its greater memory availability and potential process utilization, SSE is much easier to customize with user-created textures and models to achieve the specific look you want.

I never heard the argument for the graphical improvements being disliked until now. I never really took too much notice of them as I've always installed ENB's and other graphical improvements myself.

I also didn't know there were things in the LE ENB that SE didn't have. I've never gone for anything over the top gorgeous when it comes to graphical overhauls and ENB's. The main thing I did notice with SE though was the increased render distance which I loved. 

I believe an LE and SE version benefits us all. 

(Screw those AE guys though ?)

On 1/1/2022 at 7:51 AM, Prime66 said:

Happy New Year, everyone :)

I am here with some minor News and a Question for you guys. 
Unfortunately, the news aren't too good. The Mod has been on hold for almost a month now. The reason for which was the death of a Relative of mine, which left me and my Family to deal with the aftermath. Now that has been dealt with and my motivation is back, I can start working on the Mod again. :D 

Now for the Question. (Poll)
Before I explain, I want to stress that this is still in the Discussion phase. 
Nothing has been decided, and even if we decide to do it, the next version won't be affected by this. We are considering moving the Mod to SE exclusively.

I have two reasons.

One, the LE Creation Kit is a real pain in my Ass.

Two and probably the most important reason for me is that I moved to SE since most of the Mods I am interested in are only on SE. 
That are my reasons for considering the move to SE. But I am very interested in learning what you Guys think. I made a Poll and would ask everyone who is interested in the Mod to take a few seconds to vote on it.

https://strawpoll.de/gbafacr

The SE CK ain't going to be any better, in fact, many use LE CK and port to SE.  I hope you wait on the SE move, expecially given that it will be some time before the AE dust settles.

On 1/2/2022 at 7:09 AM, MaJaNamesuu said:

There are SE->LE conversation (S.L.U.T.S Resume for example), but they are REALLY rare to see, because LE is highly limited(in RAM mostly, and 80% of time you play LE with new modpack, its gonna CTD)

You can say it is more stable, but you cannot say highly limited.  it is no more limited than SE as it is the exact same game, just compiled in 64 bit.

On 1/1/2022 at 7:51 AM, Prime66 said:

Happy New Year, everyone :)

I am here with some minor News and a Question for you guys. 
Unfortunately, the news aren't too good. The Mod has been on hold for almost a month now. The reason for which was the death of a Relative of mine, which left me and my Family to deal with the aftermath. Now that has been dealt with and my motivation is back, I can start working on the Mod again. :D 

Now for the Question. (Poll)
Before I explain, I want to stress that this is still in the Discussion phase. 
Nothing has been decided, and even if we decide to do it, the next version won't be affected by this. We are considering moving the Mod to SE exclusively.

I have two reasons.

One, the LE Creation Kit is a real pain in my Ass.

Two and probably the most important reason for me is that I moved to SE since most of the Mods I am interested in are only on SE. 
That are my reasons for considering the move to SE. But I am very interested in learning what you Guys think. I made a Poll and would ask everyone who is interested in the Mod to take a few seconds to vote on it.

https://strawpoll.de/gbafacr

Hey there, I think most of use do not speak German :P (I think that site was German)

On 1/2/2022 at 9:12 AM, MaJaNamesuu said:

even if so, LE takes MUCH MORE time to make modpack stable, comparing to SE. Both versions are great and i bought both of them(mostly because i was tired of re-installing Skyrim from torrents). Right now i have 156 mods active on SE, and i have stable 56 fps(skyrim ultra + enb. Thanks to 64bit SKSE). Sure, i will try doing LE modpack, because do i look like a bozo?(yes). But for now, overall performance goes to SE, when mods quantity goes to LE, due to LE age i guess.

no it doesn't.

11 hours ago, slvsaris said:

The SE CK ain't going to be any better, in fact, many use LE CK and port to SE.  I hope you wait on the SE move, expecially given that it will be some time before the AE dust settles.

Not sure why you would say that, but the SE Kit is more stable and, most importantly, for me, loads up much more quickly than the LE Kit. If you add the Creation Kit Fixes, you get even faster Start times, more stability, and some very nice Quality of Life features. 

As I said in the initial post, the next version and following Bugfix versions would be for LE and SE. After those are done, we will decide which version(s) the mod will move on to. So I am hoping that the AE dust should be settled by then. 

8 hours ago, Prime66 said:

Not sure why you would say that, but the SE Kit is more stable and, most importantly, for me, loads up much more quickly than the LE Kit. If you add the Creation Kit Fixes, you get even faster Start times, more stability, and some very nice Quality of Life features. 

As I said in the initial post, the next version and following Bugfix versions would be for LE and SE. After those are done, we will decide which version(s) the mod will move on to. So I am hoping that the AE dust should be settled by then. 

Well, i guess it USED to be that way before people started fixing the SE CK.  Bethesda should be ashamed to release the CK in the condition it has released both versions in, even if they did not charge for the tool.  They should have charged a bit for it, a reasonable amount.  I would have paid for a better version of the CK.

22 hours ago, slvsaris said:

Well, i guess it USED to be that way before people started fixing the SE CK.  Bethesda should be ashamed to release the CK in the condition it has released both versions in, even if they did not charge for the tool.  They should have charged a bit for it, a reasonable amount.  I would have paid for a better version of the CK.

Be glad that they even released the CK... most games rely on a very cumbersome process or a hacked together self-made mod tool. And the SE CK was always been far superior from beginning to end compared to LE, something any modder knows.

2 minutes ago, naaitsab said:

Be glad that they even released the CK... most games rely on a very cumbersome process or a hacked together self-made mod tool. And the SE CK was always been far superior from beginning to end compared to LE, something any modder knows.

So true. I basically boycotted the LE CK for a long time and only worked in xEdit because it was just such an incredibly frustrating process. Between its native improvements and the fantastic CK Fixes mod, the SSE CK has become an important part of my conflict resolution toolkit - and just in time since navmesh issues and whatnot were starting to be a real problem as my load order continued to grow.

11 hours ago, naaitsab said:

A broken tool is often worse than no tool at all.

I see what you are saying, but Bethesda has gained much from the modding community, they should put forth a little bit more effort. They are professional developers.  I would not have let the CK be released in that state free or not.

13 hours ago, cetuximab said:

Anyone else having trouble gaining entrance to the facility?  Every option I choose, the gatekeeper says, "I'll give the signal"  but then nothing happens.  He just sits there and stares at me.

Is there a workaround for this?

Your installation is somehow wrong or other mod is interfering. If this doesn't work then it would be very likely that you get more problems later on.

17 hours ago, cetuximab said:

Anyone else having trouble gaining entrance to the facility?  Every option I choose, the gatekeeper says, "I'll give the signal"  but then nothing happens.  He just sits there and stares at me.

Is there a workaround for this?

Yes i know this my standart answer :D but do other mods works that use SKSE ? mostly things like this happen tome when something is wrong with the Skse installation