Happy New Year, everyone :)

I am here with some minor News and a Question for you guys. 
Unfortunately, the news aren't too good. The Mod has been on hold for almost a month now. The reason for which was the death of a Relative of mine, which left me and my Family to deal with the aftermath. Now that has been dealt with and my motivation is back, I can start working on the Mod again. :D 

Now for the Question. (Poll)
Before I explain, I want to stress that this is still in the Discussion phase. 
Nothing has been decided, and even if we decide to do it, the next version won't be affected by this. We are considering moving the Mod to SE exclusively.

I have two reasons.

One, the LE Creation Kit is a real pain in my Ass.

Two and probably the most important reason for me is that I moved to SE since most of the Mods I am interested in are only on SE. 
That are my reasons for considering the move to SE. But I am very interested in learning what you Guys think. I made a Poll and would ask everyone who is interested in the Mod to take a few seconds to vote on it.

https://strawpoll.de/gbafacr

Edited by Prime66
Switched Poll site

Happy new year also :) Hope you had time to give your family members passing a place in your heart.

I play almost only on LE. For some reason the atmosphere and effects of SE are just off for me. Even with ENB's I haven't been able to get the same look and feel as LE with something neutral as Rudy ENB. But the CK for Fo4/SK-SE indeed is way-way better, as modding for both games the new CK wins hands down in my book. So I'm guessing it would speed up the development quite a bit.  But if I recall correctly, animations, textures and models can be converted from LE to SE quite easily but not from SE to LE. If that is still  the case I think the vote for LE would be quite strong. As it would suit both playerbases.

Edited by naaitsab

I can't see from modder's point of view, but as player, I find Skyrim LE much more easy to use, that's why I only play on it. I've tried making SkyrimSE install several times, but there I couldn't even make some basic stuff like SkyUI working properly, none of soluiton worked for me, also I couldn't find analog of LE's "OneTweak", which makes game run in borderless window (not borderless fullscreen window) plus allow it to be active in background (while I'm Alt+Tab'ing), and after they released AE patch forced even for those who don't have AE upgrade DLC, it became even more complex to at least run a game. Like I heard it can't be launched directly from Steam anymore, if you want to play SE modpack, but instead forcing to use some mod manager (which I never used on LE because it was much easier for me to install mods manually, and I had very little issues because of it). So personally, I don't see possibility to migrate to Skyrim SE properly.

But I'll understand if you will decide to move to SE exclusively. Would be sad, but might be even motivating enough for me to make this SE installation at least somewhat playable.

And Happy New Year everyone!

Happy new year to everyone and my sympathy for your lost. 

I must admit that i would like to stay on the LE edition of Skyrim. The SP never really worked for me. A lot of mods I liked dosent exiting for the SP. 

My LE version runs solid but the SP edition dont mentioned it :D

Firstly, I'm sorry for your loss, and hope you, Serah, and the racoons had happy Holidays despite that. I personally play on LE, but that's just because I have never bothered updating my mod list to SE. However, this is one of my favourite mods on this site, and would be more than excuse enough to get me to start moving my mods over to SE, so I'll follow you guys wherever you take this mod, and I can't wait to see what comes next <3

Edited by SilentAntagonist121

I only play LE. I did try SE some point and i could install this mod to it, but the impression i got was the SE is so much inferior to LE in the mod and API content that it wasn't worth it. It didn't even fix CTD's more than LE at the time.

in case of performance SE wins
In case of modding LE wins(just because its older)
But most of the SE mods are really high effort comparing to LE. And also LE is like, crashing all the times if you have too much mods. It happens to me every time and thats the only reason i had gone to SE.
If mod is going to be LE exclusive(it would be kinda sad), i will just hope that conversation goes quitta fast. And yes, about LE. I agree that LE is more, uh, Manual-Compatable, but lets be honest, setting mods manually is not so safe for your skyrim(as 1 mod can ruin the whole modpack, which happened to me once). I've gone off topic three times in this message. So uh, even if LE wins, i hope there would be SE conversations(i mainly wonder about CBBE 3BBB actually. Good Luck, Prime and Racoonity, that's all i can wish for now

I'm only using SE at this point, but the way I see it is even if you only go for LE you will always have someone working on an SE conversion and CBBE/BHUNP 3BBA eventually. I haven't seen SE -> LE backports at all really, so it may be more pragmatic in general to go for LE.

5 hours ago, fp205022 said:

I'm only using SE at this point, but the way I see it is even if you only go for LE you will always have someone working on an SE conversion and CBBE/BHUNP 3BBA eventually. I haven't seen SE -> LE backports at all really, so it may be more pragmatic in general to go for LE.

There are SE->LE conversation (S.L.U.T.S Resume for example), but they are REALLY rare to see, because LE is highly limited(in RAM mostly, and 80% of time you play LE with new modpack, its gonna CTD)

21 minutes ago, MaJaNamesuu said:

There are SE->LE conversation (S.L.U.T.S Resume for example), but they are REALLY rare to see, because LE is highly limited(in RAM mostly, and 80% of time you play LE with new modpack, its gonna CTD)

With some tweaking you can get LE to be fully stable (well as stable as any Beth game can :P ). Haven't had any crashes since I did a full check and tune a year of 2 ago. Take your time for a tuneup but it will give a much better experience than skipping the process. Just don't load a zilion mods at once, but that will also break SE. 

6 hours ago, fp205022 said:

Oh, perhaps I should clarify. I won't drop SE support even if we decide to stick with LE. If anything SE support should be much better next version since I want to try the mod on SE, too :D

And since you brought it up. As far as I know, there is no safe way to backport a mod from SE to LE. Or at least not for the type of mod that we are making :)

And thanks to everyone for Voting :D So far, the results are not at all what I expected.

34 minutes ago, MaJaNamesuu said:

Well, there was a discussion around this a few years ago, and while I don't like Arthmoor he is a good modder, so I am inclined to believe him when he says that Backporting is a terrible idea. 

1 hour ago, Prime66 said:

Well, there was a discussion around this a few years ago, and while I don't like Arthmoor he is a good modder, so I am inclined to believe him when he says that Backporting is a terrible idea. 

perhaps backporting mods is suitable only in 3 cases
1: Mod is light-script-weight
2: You are masochist
3: You are drunk
I guess that making mods for LE is just, more optimized process, because it is easier to port LE mod to SE(not sure however, i am a bad modder)

1 hour ago, naaitsab said:

With some tweaking you can get LE to be fully stable (well as stable as any Beth game can :P ). Haven't had any crashes since I did a full check and tune a year of 2 ago. Take your time for a tuneup but it will give a much better experience than skipping the process. Just don't load a zilion mods at once, but that will also break SE. 

even if so, LE takes MUCH MORE time to make modpack stable, comparing to SE. Both versions are great and i bought both of them(mostly because i was tired of re-installing Skyrim from torrents). Right now i have 156 mods active on SE, and i have stable 56 fps(skyrim ultra + enb. Thanks to 64bit SKSE). Sure, i will try doing LE modpack, because do i look like a bozo?(yes). But for now, overall performance goes to SE, when mods quantity goes to LE, due to LE age i guess.

2 hours ago, Prime66 said:

Yeah, that's me having forgotten to add a Corner there, already been fixed for the next version. :)

Its kinda fun, considering my Profile background having this. And i noticed it only today. Well, i guess its okay, because almost nobody noticed it(including me, who were doing screenshots in this exact room). Or this missing wall-roof is SE-only?

Edited by MaJaNamesuu