4 minutes ago, frogstar said:

@Roggvir

I saw you made a patch for yourself to turn off the high heels effect when kneeling. Could I possibly get a copy of that please? To use at my own risk? It bothers the heck out of me that my character seems to think she has a hole in her neck! ?

Thanks!

Hmmm, it's not that simple.

First of all, sharing unofficial patches like that can cause confusion amongst users (if i had a dollar for every version of Simple Slavery out there... i'd still be a poor sob, but with a few more dollars in my pocket), and annoy @HexBolt8 when it comes to people reporting bugs while using such unofficial patches.
So, i don't want to share it unless he approoves.

Secondly, i still didn't get the time to update to the latest version of the mod.
So my changes are based on script from version 2.0.38, and i bet you are using the latest version (as you should).

But, i believe if we ask nicely, @HexBolt8 may update the mod with the required changes.
Such update shouldn't even need any special update/install steps from users, because apart from adding two little functions (adding is ok, not a problem) the changes are all done inside existing functions, so there are no structural changes that would require starting new games or really any action at all, except simply replacing the script file.

Just have a bit more patience, please, i can't imagine why HexBolt8 wouldn't add it to the official mod (in a next update, or maybe even in a quick hotfix).

How does everyone feel about Lola's dance animations?
Don't you think they kinda... suck?

I mean, some of the available dancing animations may be okay-ish on their own, but do they fit the scenarios/situations?

I made a lightweight "dance mod".
A small efficient framework to make actors play sequences of animations.
The idea was to create a bit more sensual dances by chaining various GSPoses, but of course it can use virtualy any animations you want.
I hope it could be added as another option when it comes to what dances Lola could use.

Dances are defined in JSON, listing available animations and their parameters, sequences using those animations, and dance flow specifying which sequences to play in what order.
For every animation, you can set duration or times to repeat (not the same thing), toggle high heels on/off, set actor's heading, set % chance for the anim/sequence to be used, pick random anim/sequence from a list, repeat a sequence given/random times.

To make someone dance (it can even be a creature, so make a dancing bear if you want, if you have the anims for it):

- slot actor in one of 20 dance slots (could be more, i think 20 is enough)

- make the slot prepare desired dance (parses the JSON and builds arrays of anims and parameters for fast access)

- start when ready (you can sync several normally unrelated threads/actors).
You can use several functions for fine control, or just call global func:

RoggDance.SlotActorAndStart(player, "dance1", ignoreCombat = true, autoClean = true)

(currently there is a debug shout that can be used to play "dance1" on target or player, but that is just for testing stuff and shall be removed in release version - other mods should take care of starting their dances however it suits them)

Dance can be played once, or in neverending cycle (of course it can always be stopped by several means, its not like the cycle is permanent).
You can listen to mod events sent by the slot to know when the dance ended, so you can run custom code at that point, or you can imediately prep and start another dance, etc.

When tweaking / testing dances, you can use some hotkeys (set in mod's MCM) to go forward and backward in the dance anims, to toggle high heels, to reload dance JSONs and restart dance(s), all affecting either the dancer under crosshair, or player, or all threads when holding a modifier key.

It's all amazing and great, except...
I didn't release it yet, because i don't have any dances prepared for it, and the way i see it, if i don't release it with something to SHOW, ppl will just completely ignore it and nobody will ever use it.
I tried several times, putting together some dance using the GSPoses, but i always get lost in all the animations, and i am having huge trouble making up my mind about how to chain which animations, etc. - the freedom of choice is actually working AGAINST me here.
So, i am looking for volunteers, who'd like to try and make some dance configs for it?

The mod requirements are only SKSE and JContainers, and animations of your choice (i'd like you to use the GSPoses, buy hey, your choice).

Edited by Roggvir
7 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

If this is still on Deviously Enslaved's side, then you're possibly having trouble with that mod.  The way that Simple Slavery starts up (by responding to a mod event) has not changed since the original mod.

This would be a problem with SS++, possibly the installation.  Even with no enslavement mods enabled (or even installed), you should still get the auction sequence.  What happens when you trigger SS++ from the System page on the MCM?

Okay, I tried that and nothing happened. So it's probably an SS++ installation issue. I'll see if a reinstall fixes it. 

I think I saw you mentioning that you don't use high heels on your character because you've designed her to be petite. I do the same thing. Have you checked out the high heels in the Sweet & Sexy Lingerie mod? It's the only high heel I found where it doesn't give my character all the extra height that makes her as tall as the NPCs.

2 hours ago, Sospice said:

Okay, I tried that and nothing happened. So it's probably an SS++ installation issue. I'll see if a reinstall fixes it. 

Give reinstallation a try.  If you're still having trouble, you could try "StopQuest SimpleSlavery", then "StartQuest SimpleSlavery".

2 hours ago, Sospice said:

Have you checked out the high heels in the Sweet & Sexy Lingerie mod?

I'd probably skipped over that one because it's designed for CBBE, but possibly some of the shoes will work for me so I'll keep it in mind.  Thanks!

21 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Give reinstallation a try.  If you're still having trouble, you could try "StopQuest SimpleSlavery", then "StartQuest SimpleSlavery".

I'd probably skipped over that one because it's designed for CBBE, but possibly some of the shoes will work for me so I'll keep it in mind.  Thanks!

Another pack I've used for mostly shoes is the FoxedMerged one. You might see something you like in there as well. 

I forgot to mention; I had accidently left the vibration trolling unchecked and it was still occurring, so it seemed like that event happens regardless of if it's checked on or off. I don't mind since I always leave it on but it could be an issue for others if it's not just me.

1 hour ago, Sospice said:

I had accidently left the vibration trolling unchecked and it was still occurring, so it seemed like that event happens regardless of if it's checked on or off.

There's a toggle for whether the owner will equip vibrating piercings.  You're probably thinking of that one.  However, if you're wearing any device (including plugs) that has the Lively or Very Lively keywords, you'll get vibrated if your arousal is less than the vibration arousal setting.

1 hour ago, Sospice said:

Another pack I've used for mostly shoes is the FoxedMerged one.

Thanks!

24 minutes ago, Upforanything said:

Has someone gone over how to change the lola nickname in SSE-Edit yet?

As far as I know, the process linked in the mod description works for LE and SE.  Perhaps someone who's using SE and has changed the nickname can comment on this.

5 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

As far as I know, the process linked in the mod description works for LE and SE.  Perhaps someone who's using SE and has changed the nickname can comment on this.

The JSon plugin on Nexus is for Fallout 4, and apparently has another requirement of its own. will this plugin work for SE without it's FO4 requirement ? If so, i'll try that today

3 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

will this plugin work for SE without it's FO4 requirement ?

I'm not aware of any FO4 requirement, just a mod editor like TES5Edit to import them into.  The process works well for me, and I don't have FO4 installed on this PC.

On 9/26/2021 at 11:48 PM, Sospice said:

So it's probably an SS++ installation issue. I'll see if a reinstall fixes it. 

Sospice, were you able to solve the problem that you were having?

Edited by HexBolt8
On 9/30/2021 at 12:25 PM, HexBolt8 said:

I'm not aware of any FO4 requirement, just a mod editor like TES5Edit to import them into.  The process works well for me, and I don't have FO4 installed on this PC.

Sospice, were you able to solve the problem that you were having?

I did. I realized I did upgrade to the recent version of SS++ with that installation. 

I started a new game. The only thing I did different this time is I installed SS++ last after all my other mods.

I also may have installed SS++ in the house at breezehome last game instead of the starting dungeon cell (I don't recall offhand). I know some mods don't react well to being installed in the starting cell while others need to be done there, but didn't recall SS++ being one of those?

I used the enslavement test and this time it worked as expected.

27 minutes ago, Sospice said:

I also may have installed SS++ in the house at breezehome last game instead of the starting dungeon cell (I don't recall offhand). I know some mods don't react well to being installed in the starting cell while others need to be done there, but didn't recall SS++ being one of those?

A few people have had trouble, but from what I can see it's installation problems.  Thank you for testing this out.

10 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

A few people have had trouble, but from what I can see it's installation problems.  Thank you for testing this out.

Glad to help.

I'd suggest to people if they have an issue to install the mod by itself (instead of trying to install a few at a time), and in that starting cell just to be safe. The problem I had was with the non-BSA extraction installation. But I repeated that one just to be sure and it went fine the second time when I did it as I did above. 

On 9/19/2021 at 4:21 PM, HexBolt8 said:

I just looked at the "For Him" option in the DD 5.1 installation, and it seems that only the Hishi pattern is supported for men.  Fortunately that's the default, but I'll add a note to the MCM help text to say that only Hishi works for males.

On 9/19/2021 at 7:22 PM, SafyreStorme said:

Oh! Hm... Well, I only have DD 5.0 so maybe that's why it wasn't working for me then. I'll go upgrade to DD 5.1 and see if that does the trick next time it triggers. Thanks so much for looking into it!

finally got this event to trigger again (by starting a new character - still male) and so can now confirm that the male Hishi rope harness is showing up!

On 9/30/2021 at 2:27 AM, Upforanything said:

Has someone gone over how to change the lola nickname in SSE-Edit yet? I can't find it, and the old discussion doesn't seem to have the same steps. I could also just be stupid and be missing it or not understanding it.

On 9/30/2021 at 2:55 AM, HexBolt8 said:

I just used the instructions linking to here on the Submissive Lola description page for how to do so. I liked it when my master called my character "pet" so I changed "Lola" to "Pet." Even the book is called "Submissive Pet" now, because I didn't want to mess with that dialogue or have it not fit contextually. Though part of me is kind of wishing I'd gone with "Kitten".... I could probably look at it again and try to help, but I'm one of those people who follow instructions to do things and kind of figure it out as I go - then totally forgets how it works after a couple days. But I could figure it out again if that would be helpful. ?

4 hours ago, Sospice said:

I noticed that the dialogue option for "can you help me find my clothes" shows up even when the clothes hiding minigame isn't active. 

I've just tested a fix for the next update.  Originally, I'd been concerned that the player might sleep again before asking for help finding the clothes, which resets the variable that tracks whether clothes had been hidden.  It's important to not lose the player's stuff.  However, in retrospect it's very unlikely that the player would really do that, so I've changed that dialog line so that it's only visible until the next time that you sleep.

On 10/5/2021 at 1:45 PM, HexBolt8 said:

I've just tested a fix for the next update.  Originally, I'd been concerned that the player might sleep again before asking for help finding the clothes, which resets the variable that tracks whether clothes had been hidden.  It's important to not lose the player's stuff.  However, in retrospect it's very unlikely that the player would really do that, so I've changed that dialog line so that it's only visible until the next time that you sleep.

Does she really needs clothes?  How about a nice buff if she has to walk naked?  Something like way more armor, a spell the owner would have learned, but will not prevent having random people in town rape her, then pay the owner for the... release of the stress they felt ?

11 minutes ago, Snook001 said:

How about a nice buff if she has to walk naked?

I understand that nudity buffs are popular with some players, and it's certainly not for me to try to stop anyone from acquiring such buffs from other mods, but I'm personally not a fan of such things.  My thinking is that naked is naked, and about the only advantage is raising NPC arousal (assuming that you actually want to be surrounded by lusty NPCs).  So the clothes hiding prank is intended to put the player in panic mode rather than being a good thing.

2 hours ago, Snook001 said:

Does she really needs clothes?  How about a nice buff if she has to walk naked?  Something like way more armor, a spell the owner would have learned, but will not prevent having random people in town rape her, then pay the owner for the... release of the stress they felt ?

Even though Hexbolt already answered this: One of the intentions of this mod is, not to hamper a (more or less) normal playthrough. If you wouldn't be able to don your armour in hefty dungeons, that might cause serious problems. There already is a lot of required nudity by this mod (MCM configurable) and I don't think we need more.

That my PC runs around naked most of the time is something else.

Regarding the suggestion by @Roggvir to toggle the high heels effect, I've implemented that for the next update.  This ended up taking a few hours, because I had to track down every place that kneeling occurs, then consolidate some script functions, and try to ensure that if the effect is toggled off for the kneeling then it gets toggled back on afterwards.

Disclaimer:  Since I don't use shoes with the high heels effect, I couldn't actually verify that the effect toggles on & off.  However, I took Roggvir's suggestion for using the same code that SexLab uses for this, so this should work -- and if it doesn't, I'll fix it.  I did confirm that the new kneeling functions are executing to the point at which they would do something if my character had had the high heels effect.

I'm working on a few other things, so I'm not ready to publish an update just yet.  Also already implemented is halving the number of required sweeps for the Clean Sweep event.  Hopefully hard core Lolas won't be too disappointed, those who don't care for this event will be pleased that it completes more quickly.