On 7/31/2021 at 3:48 AM, HexBolt8 said:

The challenge with the cooking task is ingredients...

Thanks for the explanation, this makes more sense to me now.

It's probably a huge exploit that I installed a mod to expand the food/drink available at tavern so I would never need to cook anything for the Owner. I treated it as if the absence of sufficient ingredients was a balance problem with the mod, so I 'fixed' it LOL.

On 7/31/2021 at 3:48 AM, HexBolt8 said:

Rape mods, if you've chosen to install them, are a natural hazard.  If you're late with the booze quest but you brought the item, there's a dialog option to explain that you were raped and receive a reduced punishment.  (The mod assumes that a cum layer is from a recent rape).  If you believe that your master provides absolute protection, you might want to set rape chance to zero while enslaved and avoid that particular challenge.

I use DEC, which sets up a brawl if the PC refuses to submit to a rape forcegreet event. The combat defeat mod (Naked Dungeons) takes over if I lose the brawl and then there is a rape with a chance of involuntary DDs. So the Owners job is to defend the PC by helping me win the brawl. Obviously the Owner can't do that if they don't follow closely, especially if they send me into a town where rape forcegreets are highly likely.

Probably the best way for me to deal with this is just to maximise the cooldown on fetch drink quests (30 days I think) and just accept the autofail whenever it happens.

I use sLOLA plus DFC deals as a post-combat defeat option from SS++, but I also use it as a voluntary 'romance' option with dominant followers. This is elading me to conclude that the best option for this is to have two seperate sets of MCM settings. One for voluntary enslavement to a dominant follower, and one for involuntary slavery as a result of combat defeat. It'd make sense to allow the drink fetch quest during involuntary slavery, because the owner doesn't care if the PC gets raped. The voluntary Owner has to protect me to earn their wages, if they don't do their job properly then either I dismiss them, or if my score is too low for quitting sLOLA then I lead them into a troll and stand back and laugh LOL.

With a voluntary Owner I also punch them repeatedly every night to keep the submission score low enough to avoid getting the nudity quest, because nudity just provokes much more frequent DEC rape forcegreets. I get punished after punching the Owner but since it's just before bedtime I can sleep off the debuff. But this is very 'gamey', since it selfishly manipulates the game mechanics without being consistent with roleplay or characterisation.

Based on my experiences I'd suggest allowing multiple sLOLA profiles, so that different MCM profiles can be loaded conveniently. For more complex stuff, I'd suggest allowing the mod to differentiate between voluntary slavery without a contracts, and involuntary slavery with contracts. Like, for example, if I could cap the submission score at a number of my choosing when under voluntary non-contractual enslavement then this would be super-useful.

Edited by Corsec

The owner sometimes makes a comment about how I haven't thanked them for their training, or complemented their beauty. Then they threaten with more punishment if I don't do it in the future. They also say I should kneel to them more often.

Is there a way to actually thank them for training, or complement their beauty, or voluntarily kneel before them? Does the mod actually track whether I have done these things and issue warning dialogue if I haven't done it enough? Or is this just 'flavour' text that isn't linked to mod mechanics?

I can't find any option to voluntarily kneel. There are some options to talk about my slavery with the Owner (under "I'd like to tell you something"), but the dialogue choices seem to change over time, are they on cooldown?

They also sometimes demand that I tell them what they want to hear, but it results in a choice between refusal, or an -empty- dialogue option. Clicking the -empty- option seems to satisfy them. Did I fuck up the install or MCM options somewhere? The 'Use Custom Confessions' MCM option is set to Never, but does this only apply to the humiliating things I'm supposed to say to strangers?

Edited by Corsec
1 hour ago, Corsec said:

Is there a way to actually thank them for training, or complement their beauty, or voluntarily kneel before them? Does the mod actually track whether I have done these things and issue warning dialogue if I haven't done it enough? Or is this just 'flavour' text that isn't linked to mod mechanics?

It's flavor text, except for the kneeling.  That one's a reference to kneeling to offer service.  If you miss your daily quota, your owner will be unhappy that you didn't kneel and offer service enough.

1 hour ago, Corsec said:

I can't find any option to voluntarily kneel.

System page on the MCM.  It works like a lesser power.  It's purely for roleplay.  The mod doesn't track voluntary kneeling.

2 hours ago, Corsec said:

They also sometimes demand that I tell them what they want to hear, but it results in a choice between refusal, or an -empty- dialogue option.

The setting is on the Roleplay MCM page.  It defaults to "I'm your slave".  I don't know why it would get set to nothing (aside from a player intentionally doing that).

The 'Use Custom Confessions' MCM option is set to Never, but does this only apply to the humiliating things I'm supposed to say to strangers?

Yes, that's what it's for, the Confessions of a Slave event.

I use DEC, which sets up a brawl if the PC refuses to submit to a rape forcegreet event.

You could toggle the Follower Blocks Sex Approach setting in DEC (or the sex approach chance), but obviously that's a manual step before & after each fetch booze event.  Or, you might rationalize consenting to sex, as the fastest and safest way to complete your task.  Even for voluntary enslavement, your owner might expect you to be resourceful and submit to some humiliation.  Setting the cooldown, as you'd mentioned, also works.

Based on my experiences I'd suggest allowing multiple sLOLA profiles, so that different MCM profiles can be loaded conveniently.

I will consider that.  For now, you could copy & rename the export file as a manual way to have profiles.

With a voluntary Owner I also punch them repeatedly every night to keep the submission score low enough to avoid getting the nudity quest, because nudity just provokes much more frequent DEC rape forcegreets.

Two things.  First, regarding nudity, rape should never be a problem.  You can set the location to player home, which should be safe.  You can also set a nudity alternative outfit, which lets you satisfy the nudity requirement by wearing that clothing.  And unless you like the brawling, you might just turn off DEC's rape feature while enslaved.  Enslavement does have a few benefits.

Second, in regard to limiting score, the mod gives you a few ways to do that, so you don't have to unimmersively punch your owner.  The simplest mechanism is the daily score decay setting.  You can set it to drop your score a lot, if you wish.  You can also adjust the rate of score increase & decrease, and make it difficult to gain much score as you near your desired maximum.  You can also choose the less enthusiastic responses to various events, which award a smaller score increase.

I've probably said this before, but thanks so much for this mod. It's essentially the reason I still play and enjoy Skyrim.

I had a couple of questions/suggestions if I may.

Regarding Simple Slavery. If you enter the relationship by being bought at auction, the owner still talks about a contract being customary for a voluntary slave. Also, if you return to the auction later for the owner to boast about how you volunteered, this happens in front of a room full of people who earlier watched you being bought. Would it be possible to check how the relationship started, and edit the dialogue in those two scenes to fit into the roleplay a little better?

A thought on gold sharing. I like to set things up so that the higher Lola's submission score, the more severe a lot of the restrictions become. It's to roleplay more being demanded of an experienced slave, and Lola willingly (or as a result of conditioning) giving more of herself as her submission grows. She wants to have less freedom as she goes deeper. With auto gold sharing though, I can only see a way of setting it so that the owner's share reduces as Lola's submission increases. I can manually change the owner's share as things progress, but it would be nice to have an option to invert that auto-share calculation. Unless I'm missing something in the MCM.

And buying the vanilla houses. On my current game I rushed the start of the main quest so I could grab Breezehome before starting the mod, knowing it was going to be tough to afford it without cheating if the owner was taking most of Lola's gold. (Even though I want Lola's share to decrease as she submits, she still gets next to nothing at a low score.) But when Lola buys a house, she's buying it for her owner as much, if not more than, as for herself. What do you think about the idea of the owner loaning Lola some gold to buy a house (provided they both have enough between them) at the cost of having to work it off later - extra contract days, more prostitution, that kind of thing?

Thanks.

@ SleepyJim

Like all three ideas.

Re: Simple Slavery, It would be nice to not have to pretend all the "volunteer" talk is the owner mocking your ineptitude as an adventurer.

Would also be cool if there was no mention of a contract at all. The buyer paid good coin for you, they probably expect to keep you until they grow 

bored and sell you to someone else, or, they die (which would be a great way to become free again)

RE: Buying houses, it would be cool if, once the shared gold total between the two is enough, the owner commands Lola to purchase a home for him.

After the initial entry into the home, the owner takes the keys and locks up each time they leave it. Lola has to "borrow" the key to regain entry.

If she leaves the owner's service, she loses the house and all she stored in it. After all, whatever the slave had belongs to the Master anyway.

For those who positively, absolutely, and unconditionally, hate losing all their hard won stuff, it's a good reason not to end the contract, or bore the Master.

Or is that just a tad too extreme? 

@just_Gina That doesn't sound too extreme for me. I like it! Most of my Lolas submit for life, but losing a home and contents if she ever left her owner would be a good consequence to have. Just knowing it was there would be a lot of fun.

As an optional feature, that would be nice if possible to implement.

5 hours ago, SleepyJim said:

I've probably said this before, but thanks so much for this mod. It's essentially the reason I still play and enjoy Skyrim.

Thanks!  Mods like this one add a lot to my game too.

5 hours ago, SleepyJim said:

Regarding Simple Slavery. If you enter the relationship by being bought at auction, the owner still talks about a contract being customary for a voluntary slave. Also, if you return to the auction later for the owner to boast about how you volunteered, this happens in front of a room full of people who earlier watched you being bought. Would it be possible to check how the relationship started, and edit the dialogue in those two scenes to fit into the roleplay a little better?

It's supposed to do exactly that.  These features were built in at the time that I added the Simple Slavery interface.  But I just tested it, and it's not working.  The indicator gets set, but then it gets cleared.  When you're bought, your new owner should say this:

Since I bought and paid for you, you will serve me until I decide to release you.

At that time you may go, or you might prefer to remain as my slave.

That collar represents security.  As long as you belong to me, you'll never have to wonder what to do.  I'll shape you and guide you.

You'd do well to heed my guidance and training, or you'll end up right back here again.

I might delete that second line.  At the time I wrote that, non-consensual enslavement was new to the mod, but I think the contract mechanism is clear, and talk about releasing you is strange if you intend for this to be permanent.

I'll fix this for the next update.  For now, if you enter this in the console, the Trophy Slave event will know that you were bought:

setpqv vkjmq WasBought true

6 hours ago, SleepyJim said:

With auto gold sharing though, I can only see a way of setting it so that the owner's share reduces as Lola's submission increases. I can manually change the owner's share as things progress, but it would be nice to have an option to invert that auto-share calculation.

Since playing Skyrim revolves around gaining gold, the general idea was that gold could be used (if desired) as an incentive and reward for good behavior.  Another way of looking at it is earning trust.  As score increases, the owner trusts you more to handle your own upkeep and purchase your equipment and training, without wasting gold on frivolous things.  This frees the owner from such mundane tasks.  Imagine having a dog that could walk itself.  The owner can still command the dog to perform tricks at will (the fun things), but tending to a pet's basic needs can be inconvenient.  (If you're a pet owner, you've probably felt at times like you're the servant.)

I'll think about a way to invert the formula, but that's the thinking behind the way it is now, and I've been trying to keep the settings from becoming complex and confusing.  As a suggestion, you might activate Adventuring Slave if you want your owner to have more & more gold.  The wording tends to call those payments gifts or tribute, so giving them would be submissive behavior.  You might also increase the owner's expenses, as the owner expects more from you.  Just some ideas.

6 hours ago, SleepyJim said:

What do you think about the idea of the owner loaning Lola some gold to buy a house (provided they both have enough between them) at the cost of having to work it off later - extra contract days, more prostitution, that kind of thing?

5 hours ago, just_Gina said:

RE: Buying houses, it would be cool if, once the shared gold total between the two is enough, the owner commands Lola to purchase a home for him.

I'll think about that, but what I'd do for a vanilla house is let the owner amass enough gold for a house, then transfer the amount to the PC and have the PC make the purchase (temporarily turning off good sharing restrictions if necessary).  It's as if Master bought the house outright with his own money.  In truth, I don't care for vanilla houses, so usually I mentally assign a value to a mod-added house and don't "buy" it (most of them are free) until the owner has enough money, and which point I delete the gold from the owner's inventory using the console.

To SleepyJim's point about the gold share, it's easier to buy a house when the slave's share is decreasing, if you take the gold from the owner's inventory.  (I play with the slave's share increasing, which can lead to the realistic problem where the owner feels "house poor" for a good while after the purchase, leading to a possible period of forced prostitution if the poverty setting is enabled.)

Console tricks or manually toggling MCM setting like that is awkward, but to me it feels natural that Master purchases his house.  He doesn't consult with his slave, nor is he dependent on his slave for obtaining a house.  Buying a house to live in is not the same as "fetch me an ale".  That's how I've been looking at it.  Hopefully this makes sense.

Any solution would have to handle both vanilla houses and mod houses.  There's also the matter of second or third homes in different cities.  Some players like that, but others don't.  I'm open to suggestions, but benefit versus complexity is a factor, and "buy me a house" doesn't feel quite right (we don't want it to feel like "Daddy, buy me a car", or we've reversed the roles).  There might be a good way to handle it in the mod, but so far I've been relying on the player's ingenuity.

Cheers, HexBolt8. That all makes sense.

I'm not sure what to suggest for implementing something with houses either. And I do usually go for mod houses as well actually. For inverting the gold share, the current options allow you to set Lola's share as a percentage of her submission score. I was thinking an option to check below that to apply the setting to the owner's share instead, just as an idea. I can still set it manually as a flat amount, unrelated to submission score, and adjust it when I want to, which does the job well enough.

Thanks again.

@SleepyJim and @just_Gina, I've been working on the slave start.  Changes will be in the next update.

The WasBought variable is getting set now.  As with anything, just give the scripts a chance and don't click through dialog too quickly.  The special dialog for having been bought was already present, so it will be available now that the variable is being set.

I've removed the line, "At that time you may go, or you might prefer to remain as my slave."  The remaining contract days are clearly displayed, so there's no need for the owner to mention a contract if you'd like to pretend that this is permanent.  (If you chose the Year contract, it kind of is, unless you play a really long game.)

I added a new response to "I don't want to be a slave anymore" so the owner won't say "You still haven't fulfilled your contract to me" if you were bought and you still have contract time.  I'm undecided as to whether I should set WasBought to false when your enslavement contract is up.  For now, I'm leaving it as true, so even after the contract expires, the owner will still speak of you as a bought slave, since that's how you entered the arrangement.  Obviously, you're free to leave enslavement if you have no more contract time and you're not otherwise kept.

As a bonus, I got the buyer's force greeting working (at the time I built the Simple Slavery integration, I was having problems with it and gave up).  I've also tried to fill the time gap between the end of the auction and the start of the force greeting with DHLP Suspend to stop rape mods, and I eliminated that awkward period when you couldn't move for a few seconds, though that's less noticeable with the force greeting working.

7 hours ago, SleepyJim said:

I was thinking an option to check below that to apply the setting to the owner's share instead, just as an idea.

I figured out a way to do it by allowing negative multiplier values.  If negative, a different formula will be used that works in reverse, as you described.  That part might confuse a few people, but if the value is zero or positive, it will work exactly as it does now.

Are there any sex scenes started by this mod that ever use the 'Victim' flag?  I'm asking because I use Rapetats and Deviously Enslaved and these run punitive events after sex scenes with the Victim flag. I'd like it if there was more of a risk of consequences from defying the Owner (which I do far too much lol).

Currently there doesn't seem to be anything that can integrate sLOLA with slavetats, or to enable DEC to add DDs after sex scenes. I've never seen Rapetats or DEC run events after sLOLA punishments, so I think that sLOLA doesn't ever use the Victim flag. If no sex scenes from sLOLA use the Victim flag, then I'm curious what your reasoning is? Would you ever consider adding the Victim flag, for example as an MCM option that can be toggled on/off?

My personal preference would be for a punishment rape (with victim flag) to take place after sLOLA whipping events, and also for spanking sex scenes to use the victim flag. But I suspect that this would conflict with your vision (or of the previous authors) for the mod, since maybe this would be too much like a reward for the player lol.

39 minutes ago, Corsec said:

Are there any sex scenes started by this mod that ever use the 'Victim' flag?

No, none.  That's a line I just don't want to cross.  However, the mod does use the Aggressive animation tag (you probably noticed the MCM setting for that), so Lola can receive a lot of "rough" sex that's short of rape (this also triggers Apropo 2's extra wear & tear).  If you can get mods to trigger off of Aggressive or Rough tags, that should work.  That's about all I can offer.

13 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

I've been working on the slave start. 

Wow! Seems like you're almost a mind reader. Can't say how many times i've read this forum and saw that you were already working on someone's suggestion before they mentioned it.

Probably why this is the best mod of its kind anywhere. It mostly works flawlessly, caters to many different preferences without getting bogged down, and allows for a high degree of customization. You Sir, are a genius!

Please understand that my "wouldn't it be cool" replies are not suggestions. Knowing nothing of the work involved, i would never presume to ask. i do, however, have a fertile imagination and sometimes get carried away when responding.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

15 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

@SleepyJim and @just_Gina, I've been working on the slave start.  Changes will be in the next update.

The WasBought variable is getting set now.  As with anything, just give the scripts a chance and don't click through dialog too quickly.  The special dialog for having been bought was already present, so it will be available now that the variable is being set.

I've removed the line, "At that time you may go, or you might prefer to remain as my slave."  The remaining contract days are clearly displayed, so there's no need for the owner to mention a contract if you'd like to pretend that this is permanent.  (If you chose the Year contract, it kind of is, unless you play a really long game.)

I added a new response to "I don't want to be a slave anymore" so the owner won't say "You still haven't fulfilled your contract to me" if you were bought and you still have contract time.  I'm undecided as to whether I should set WasBought to false when your enslavement contract is up.  For now, I'm leaving it as true, so even after the contract expires, the owner will still speak of you as a bought slave, since that's how you entered the arrangement.  Obviously, you're free to leave enslavement if you have no more contract time and you're not otherwise kept.

As a bonus, I got the buyer's force greeting working (at the time I built the Simple Slavery integration, I was having problems with it and gave up).  I've also tried to fill the time gap between the end of the auction and the start of the force greeting with DHLP Suspend to stop rape mods, and I eliminated that awkward period when you couldn't move for a few seconds, though that's less noticeable with the force greeting working.

Maybe add a tavern celebration for when something good happens to the slave master. Such as purchase of a home in town. Everyone in tavern will get a turn at slave player. Limits on amount of turns could be added and subtracted in MCM for flavor. Maybe even story line.

4 hours ago, just_Gina said:

Please understand that my "wouldn't it be cool" replies are not suggestions.

Sounds exactly like the definition of 'suggestion' to me ?; not a demand or order, but an option for @HexBolt8 to consider.

And speaking of options to consider, just one two more:

Once/if-ever the player gets to the Burning Of King Olaf Festival (Solitude and Bards College), thereafter enable Master/Mistress to demand a meat pie whenever the festival is running.  And it can't be stored, has to be bought during the 'quest'.

If @HexBolt8 really wants to add another soft dependency, if the player has a Become A Bard mod (there are several on Nexus) installed (maybe check for a common element like the expanded songs?), M/M demands a song occasionally.  With a plethora of possible songs available in various additional mods, I'd suggest M/M not wanting anything specific, just that the player Play Something Nice (and, of course, Right The Hell Now).  Having no instrument at all gets the player zapped and maybe small/no submission loss, and M/M saying "Better get one soon, Lola.  I want to have my own bard."  Maybe not when in a dungeon (I know Nether's Follower Framework (also here) can detect dungeons and lock off sandboxing when inside one).  M/M could also demand a different instrument be used... most annoyingly, after the PC has played one - "Alright, Lola, now I'd like you to do something on the drum/flute/lute instead.")  I don't think it needs to be switchable-off-entirely because if the player doesn't want to bard it up, they wouldn't install a Become A Bard mod.

Off to go find an(other) treasure for my dear Mistress... ???️???

Edited by qalavix
Oh, right, emoticons.

Also, to give back a little, someone posted a .json file for thoughts a while back - but it assumes a Master/male.  I went through and changed Title and pronouns for a female Mistress, plus cleared one typo and added three commas because I'm a grammar fascist.  I formally disclaim all ownership to this file - it's not mine, I didn't write it or think of it or anything, just a little Search&Replace.

SubmissiveLola_customThoughts-female.json

As a reminder, quoting from the instructions...:

TROUBLESHOOTING

Did you [re]name the file Thoughts.json?  Is it in your game's Data\Interface\Lola folder?

Using ModOrganizer2, I found the right place to be

Drive:\wherever-you-put-ModOrganizer2\mods\SubmissiveLola\Interface\Lola

Edited by qalavix
Instructions help a lot, don't they? Stupid Lola!
7 hours ago, qalavix said:

Also, to give back a little, someone posted a .json file for thoughts a while back - but it assumes a Master/male.  I went through and changed Title and pronouns for a female Mistress, plus cleared one typo and added three commas because I'm a grammar fascist.  I formally disclaim all ownership to this file - it's not mine, I didn't write it or think of it or anything, just a little Search&Replace.

SubmissiveLola_customThoughts-female.json 9.45 kB · 3 downloads

As a reminder, quoting from the instructions...:

Using ModOrganizer2, I found the right place to be

Drive:\wherever-you-put-ModOrganizer2\mods\SubmissiveLola\Interface\Lola

That was my file, and you formally have my blessing :)

... though I'm curious about the typos and commas :)

Edited by Anunya

The sLOLA Owner won't allow me to leave voluntary enslavement if the submission score is below a particular threshold. This threshold can be set in the MCM, but 0 is the minimum level I can set it to. Is there a way I can use console commands to change the minimum score threshold needed for exiting enslavement? Or edit something in the plugin with an .esl?

With sLOLA I frequently find myself in, uh, extremely antagonistic relationships when things don't go according to plan. Since it's a voluntary arrangement I'd like the option to exit enslavement without needing to hit an arbitrary score level. Otherwise I'd have to do the unimmersive thing and change the MCM settings so that I can quickly grind for submission points.

Sometimes, when the owner decides to randomly punish the PC for no clear reason, the most appropriate response is repeated punches to the face lol.

I also considered murdering the owner but it seems like this mod won't end it's quests with a dead owner, resulting in a doomed timeline lol.

On 8/3/2021 at 8:08 AM, HexBolt8 said:

No, none.  That's a line I just don't want to cross.  However, the mod does use the Aggressive animation tag (you probably noticed the MCM setting for that), so Lola can receive a lot of "rough" sex that's short of rape (this also triggers Apropo 2's extra wear & tear).  If you can get mods to trigger off of Aggressive or Rough tags, that should work.  That's about all I can offer.

I'm curious about how you conceptualize/rationalize this. The mod can be played in a way that already crosses that line, and it can also cross that line without the player intending to. Even if the mod avoids outright rape/victim content, the quests and punishments can easily become nonconsensual and victimising.

Like, for example, once the owner demands me to sweep the tavern room, there seems to be no way to end the quest without submitting and completing the task. Electric shocks will continue indefinitely if I leave the tavern, and I can't ask the owner to reconsider their demands. It basically makes the rest of the game unplayable unless the player does as commanded. With a negative submission score, I can't even avoid it by ending enslavement.

15 hours ago, Anunya said:

That was my file, and you formally have my blessing :)

... though I'm curious about the typos and commas :)

*happy squeal*

Commas... I'm just a fan of commas, using them where a slight pause would occur in speech, or to set off a related idea or phrase.  Kind of like that, yeah.?

As for the typo... it was an errant 'I' that was after something like "I'm".  Somewhere.  I'd tell you if I remembered.  ?

I wasn't criticizing; proofing is never ever 100% finished. I just wanted to explain why it wasn't 100% identical-except-for-gender-references.  'Cause I'm a pedantic f___, which goes along with the grammar fascist.?

Lots of emojis....

4 hours ago, Corsec said:

With sLOLA I frequently find myself in, uh, extremely antagonistic relationships when things don't go according to plan.

I don't think this mod fits what you're looking for.  That's why you're probably feeling frustrated with the way that things are going.  It's about a dominant-submissive relationship.  If you're punching your owner, that's very much not submissive.

It's expected that the PC will either start out submissive, or the player will have a rationale for having the PC go along and obey.  As incentive, the owner offers punishments (and rewards, if gold share is linked to increasing score), but these are to nudge Lola along a path because she has at least a mild submissive streak.  This isn't a hardcore enslavement mod that's suitable for a strong-willed PC with a temper.  Lola isn't being crushed into obedience.  She's being taught to embrace her submissive side, which she might not have even have known existed.

5 hours ago, Corsec said:

Sometimes, when the owner decides to randomly punish the PC for no clear reason, the most appropriate response is repeated punches to the face lol.

If you encounter punishments that seem to be bugs, especially if you can identify a pattern, please report them.  Note that clicking through dialog too quickly can cause problems.  The random zaps are intentional.  The motivational punishment (if enabled) is a feature. 

The sLOLA Owner won't allow me to leave voluntary enslavement if the submission score is below a particular threshold. This threshold can be set in the MCM, but 0 is the minimum level I can set it to.

If the score is below zero, the owner's stated reason is that you haven't made an effort to hold up your side of the deal.  The owner is very likely exasperated with your behavior at that point, and possibly quite angry with you.  It's a violation of the voluntary nature of the agreement, but the owner feels justified because you didn't do your part either.  You're wearing a locked shock collar, so the owner can make you remain a slave until you at least reach zero, your starting point.  

This comes back to my first point, that this mod isn't what you want.  The negative score range is like a penalty area.  It's not expected that you'll spend much time there, if any.

I'm curious about how you conceptualize/rationalize this. The mod can be played in a way that already crosses that line, and it can also cross that line without the player intending to. Even if the mod avoids outright rape/victim content, the quests and punishments can easily become nonconsensual and victimising.

This is a hentai/fantasy mod.  Lola is made to do very humiliating things, and usually she will be compelled to do them even if she don't want to.  However, every mod has scope and boundaries.  Lola will never be raped*, marred, or come to lasting harm (I'm not counting anything that add-ons do).  It's because the events are so humiliating, and because there are things like whipping, that solid boundaries are needed to keep things from spiraling into extreme abuse.  I sometimes get requests for content to "crush" Lola, or to make her a "meat toilet".  That's just out of bounds for this mod.

As long as there's no active contract and the player hasn't enabled the nonconsensual features, the arrangement is still voluntary and Lola can leave as soon as she completes any immediate tasks.  Lola don't get to throw down the broom and refuse to sweep, but she can leave right afterwards.  If Lola honors her part, the owner will too.

At the heart of the mod is submissiveness.  It's in the title.  Lola will either enter enslavement knowing that she's submissive, or it will be revealed to her.  If that's not the PC's nature, this mod is a poor fit.  A player could push the boundaries and have a nonconsensual start for a non-submissive PC who decides to just play along and obey, enduring enslavement long enough to finish a contract.  But the mod really doesn't handle a PC who'd rather die than suffer dishonor.

* I'm using the rape term in the sense of a violent assault (specifically, the victim flag in SexLab), contrary to the contemporary definition that we all know and accept for nonconsensual sex.  Lola is often forced into sex, but the understanding is that she goes along with it to obey.  This is an adult fantasy mod in a medieval-style setting, with very different standards from present-day reality.

1 hour ago, HexBolt8 said:

[...] At the heart of the mod is submissiveness.  It's in the title.  Lola will either enter enslavement knowing that she's submissive, or it will be revealed to her.  [...]

IMO you should put this (or something like it) into the firstpost*; it's a very clear explanation of the 'meta-mod', the thinking and concept of the mod itself.  

* not a typo, actually; Since the first post in a mod's support/announce thread is kind of sticky and usually contains a great deal of explanation, notes, etc., it makes sense to me to portmanteau a 'new' word for it. Also it should be at least a little different than the ancient shriek of "First post!"

41 minutes ago, qalavix said:

IMO you should put this (or something like it) into the firstpost*; it's a very clear explanation of the 'meta-mod', the thinking and concept of the mod itself.  

I was thinking about that.  I'll have to wait for the next update to edit the mod description.  I could also edit the firstpost[tm], but the mod description gets read a lot more.

30 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

I was thinking about that.  I'll have to wait for the next update to edit the mod description.  I could also edit the firstpost[tm], but the mod description gets read a lot more.

Yes, I think that it might be helpful to folks to explain the connotation of the word "Submissive".

When I first discovered this mod, I realized from the title that this mod is primarily intended as a consensual experience.

But I have seen many posts that either expect this mod to be harsher, forced, and non-consensual, or expect this mod to let the player character resist and not submit to the master.

Mods that offered those other kinds of experiences would, of course, be welcome for folks who want that (myself included). But Submissive Lola is not intended to offer those kinds of experiences.

The problem occurs when folks try out Submissive Lola expecting a different experience than what it offers. Hopefully, an expanded explanation of the "Submissive" part of the mod's title will benefit everyone.