Error: Property Hours on script vkjGagged attached to vkjGagged (6B02AFD0) cannot be initialized because the value is the incorrect type

This error has been showing up since (around) the re-release.

Hours is set as a float in the script but an Int32 in the plugin.

It should be set as a float in the plugin as well.

Edit: Considering it's not used elsewhere and if you have no future plans with the property: setting it as a private variable or AutoReadOnly Hidden in the script as well as removing the property in the esp/plugin would be even better.

8 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

The things you can say and the responses vary a lot depending on the situation, but something should always be available.  However, you must wait a full day before you can do it again, and that may be why it's not available.  I really should look at that part again and refine it some more, but it hasn't been a priority.

I have waited a full day, even longer, before and it unfortunately hasn't shown up again. 

7 hours ago, Hylysi said:

Hours is set as a float in the script but an Int32 in the plugin.

Thanks for reporting this.  It's fixed for the next update.  The variable allows flexibility for future events that might use a different duration.

4 hours ago, Dragon567 said:

I have waited a full day, even longer, before and it unfortunately hasn't shown up again. 

The "You're mean" option should always be available after 24 hours and if you're not gagged, since the owner doesn't really want to be bothered with such foolishness.

It looks like DD 5.1 will be released today, earlier than Kimy had planned, to correct a critical bug.  I'll wait to see if 5.1 will be solid enough to begin requiring it.  Of course it will still take time for this mod to properly make use of its new functions.

Hey, I'm continuing work on Peril and plan on adding back in a capture mechanic at some point. i.e. Holding the player in a locked cell for an extended period of time, and their followers either placed in a storage back-room or forced into a cell with the player. I'm curious how this mod would react if the player and their dom were both captured.

27 minutes ago, Code Serpent said:

I'm curious how this mod would react if the player and their dom were both captured.

If the dom is put into vanilla wait mode, as if the player had told that follower to wait, this mod hibernates until the follower stops waiting.  If that's not sufficient, I could set up a mod event to suspend this mod's activity.

18 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

If the dom is put into vanilla wait mode, as if the player had told that follower to wait, this mod hibernates until the follower stops waiting.  If that's not sufficient, I could set up a mod event to suspend this mod's activity.

Well, I'm likely going to be storing the player's followers in a separate cell, so if your mod checks if the player and their dom are in the same cell or worldspace before doing anything, that would probably work better.

Another way I might store followers is using an ai package through a quest alias, so a follower simply stays still in their cell while they are captured. If your mod starts events through dialogue attached to ai packages, then it should handle capture without any issue.

1 hour ago, Code Serpent said:

if your mod checks if the player and their dom are in the same cell or worldspace before doing anything, that would probably work better.

This mod doesn't work that way.

1 hour ago, Code Serpent said:

If your mod starts events through dialogue attached to ai packages, then it should handle capture without any issue.

It doesn't.

It seems better not to have to make assumptions about the internals of other mods, and just inform them through their interface.  This mod and DFC both have a pause feature that can toggled by the player in the MCM for situations like being sent to prison.  For this mod, I've set up mod events that you can call with a single line.  Sending mod events is ideal, since you won't have to test for the presence of this mod.  If it's installed, it will receive the event.  This new functionality will be in the next update.  Details:

Spoiler

SendModEvent("SLTR-TrySuspend") nicely asks this mod to suspend its event processing.  If the player is engaged in a task with a short deadline (typically 1 to 2 game hours), it will decline the request and the calling mod can try again later.

SendModEvent("SLTR-Suspend") tells this mod to suspend its event processing.  If any short-term tasks are active, this mod will shut them down.  The tasks might not end gracefully, but they should generally release the player character from any restraints they'd equipped.

SendModEvent("SLTR-Resume") tells this mod to resume its normal event processing.  Any player tasks that had been forced to stop were terminated and will not resume.

When this mod receives one these events, it writes a message to the console to confirm that it did so.

I'm looking to upgrade from the 110 version to the most current 2.0.12. In my current save, my character doesn't have an SL master. Is it safe to just disable 110 and install 2.0.12?

I also have two patches - DFLolaPatch and SLSLolaPatch. Should I still keep those?

Thank you for any help :)

I've  recently been pondering about the possibilities of creating voice-overs for our kind of mods, as it would probably take quite an effort, to find a fan-girl who would do this – something tells me most of us here are guys – and then it occurred to me that voice-changing software has probably made quite some progress, since I last checked, so I downloaded some free stuff, and indeed, it has! I was really impressed by its capabilities, particularly the Voxal Voice Changer.

So I'm wondering, HexBolt8, if this is something you would like to implement in SLR? I think it would add a great deal of immersion...

3 hours ago, Anunya said:

I'm looking to upgrade from the 110 version to the most current 2.0.12. In my current save, my character doesn't have an SL master. Is it safe to just disable 110 and install 2.0.12?

Yes, that should work without a flaw. Only warnings ever were, if you're in this or that quest, wait a bit. But as yours isn't even active, nothing bad should happen.

(No answer on the patches from me, I'm not using either of the other mods)

2 hours ago, gargamel9 said:

I've  recently been pondering about the possibilities of creating voice-overs for our kind of mods, as it would probably take quite an effort, to find a fan-girl who would do this – something tells me most of us here are guys – and then it occurred to me that voice-changing software has probably made quite some progress, since I last checked, so I downloaded some free stuff, and indeed, it has! I was really impressed by its capabilities, particularly the Voxal Voice Changer.

So I'm wondering, HexBolt8, if this is something you would like to implement in SLR? I think it would add a great deal of immersion...

We had this discussion last week - in broad terms, the answer is no. Not on a mod that's still in development and having dialogue tweaked with every tiny update.

And on a personal note: If that voice isn't from Uthgerd the Unbroken, any other voice would kill immersion for me.

11 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

having dialogue tweaked with every tiny update

I see, that makes sense. And HexBolt8 brings up some good points in the linked post. I guess it would have to be an option.
But to state some arguments for the other side: you wouldn't miss comments or commands by the owner as easily, nor would they be overridden by random NPCs passing by. This is especially annoying when the owner explains what are you supposed to do, but instead you read a guard saying for the millionth time how he took an arrow to the knee – very annoying.

The voice-synth software is quite impressive, but you can still hear a slight "machine accent", what also quite breaks immersion for me. The voice conversion software, on the other hand, allows you to have full control over tone and emotions, and re-doing a line is a matter of seconds. The downside being that you need a decent mic and a silent room, and you need to be an adept speaker, but that's not a big deal for me.

29 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

If that voice isn't from Uthgerd the Unbroken, any other voice would kill immersion for me.

The voice conversion SW does allow for some tweaking, and a lot can be accomplished by how well you act. But you§re probably right that for many people, who have already imagined a specific voice, this might be unwelcome. I, on the other hand, do not really care about the base voice, as long as it is female and convincing, and not overly screechy or something.

Maybe this could be an addon, at some point... I guess, I'll start with experimenting with this in my own mods... The first one is coming along nicely.

perhaps this is already a feature and I am fast but is it possible to exclude some quests from happening over and over, such as "The Naughty Nymph" First time was ... interesting... second time was ok. I am on no. 6 Its getting old; my main home is in solutide and Lydia keeps getting ideas. I know that there is  a 30 day lockout feature but could we push that to say 99999999

11 hours ago, Anunya said:

Is it safe to just disable 110 and install 2.0.12?

Yes.  But if by chance you had any collars or other devices in your inventory (or that you're wearing) that came from this mod, you should get rid of them first.

11 hours ago, Anunya said:

I also have two patches - DFLolaPatch and SLSLolaPatch. Should I still keep those?

Yes.

10 hours ago, gargamel9 said:

voice-changing software has probably made quite some progress

There's impressive stuff available, but I don't think it's a good fit.  I listed reasons why here.  Voiced dialog makes a lot of sense for a specific follower (as in a custom follower mod), but there are problems with using it with a follower behavior mod like this one, which can be used with a follower of any race, gender, base Skyrim voice, or personality.

Edit:  CaptainJ03 beat me to it, but I didn't see comments split across pages.

2 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

I listed reasons why here.

Yes, Grumpy ole Bugger pointed this post out to me. And those are some fair points. For one, at least two versions (female and male) would have to be made, to accommodate most people.
But I still think it is a viable idea, maybe as an addon, at some much later point in development, when updates aren't so frequent. For me, at least this would really boost the immersion, and I suspect for many others, too. After all, if it's just an option, there's no harm...
Another good reason to do this, as mentioned above, is to avoid the problem of NPCs talking over the owner, sometimes concealing essential instructions. This happens to me all the time.