I'll add that I have very bad behavior as a mod author for adding voice to text.  I constantly edit and adjust the mod's dialog.  That word sound odd, or this sentence is too long.  The poor folks doing translations either miss all that, or pull their hair out in frustration.  Oh, I also often add new random responses.  Sometimes the 2 or 3 existing ones aren't enough.  I probably consume too much caffeine.

Hopefully Sub Lola sounds better and better over time, even if players can't really hear it.

Is there any way to get this to work for serana?  As I understand it, bethesda used serana to test new fallower scripts that would eventually be used for FO4.  As a result, mods that effect fallowers as a whole, usually don't effect serana.  Just wondering if anyone's made a patch or something

35 minutes ago, kaldwin said:

Is there any way to get this to work for serana?

You can get her to become your owner, but that might not work well and I recommend against it.  I believe that she does eventually become a regular follower at the end of her quest line, if you can wait.  You can manually add her to CurrentFollowerFaction (0005C84E), but her specialized behavior might conflict with things that this mod tries to do, you're not supposed to have access to her inventory, and your follower framework might not like it.

2 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

You can get her to become your owner, but that might not work well and I recommend against it.  I believe that she does eventually become a regular follower at the end of her quest line, if you can wait.  You can manually add her to CurrentFollowerFaction (0005C84E), but her specialized behavior might conflict with things that this mod tries to do, you're not supposed to have access to her inventory, and your follower framework might not like it.

I once enrolled Serana as a follower (using AFT or EFF, can't remember which) before we went to Castle Volikar for the first time, and it totally messed up the quest line. The scene of her talking to the doorman and entering the castle wouldn't play, and I had to abandon that game.

4 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

I'll add that I have very bad behavior as a mod author for adding voice to text.  I constantly edit and adjust the mod's dialog.  That word sound odd, or this sentence is too long. (...)

Yes, I've noticed that, and I really like it.

Just learned the hard way that combat mercy doesn't extend to Lights Out and Eye Candy. We were close to some giant's camp, and you know how stupid Skrim's AI is, so Mistress starts a fight. Okay, don the armour, take the blindfold off - get zapped harder than a hit with a club. Damn. Run away, grab the bow and help stoopid Mistress to survive...

Oh, a word to the blindfold - you seem to have missed a box in the CK, it appeared in my apparel to disenchant on an arcane enchanter.

Spoiler

SLtR_blindfold.jpg.068020f071251454699bc8b2242dbd89.jpg

As for a second follower - I only have one for the sake of this mod. Normally I don't bother to carry someone along.

5 hours ago, kaldwin said:

Is there any way to get this to work for serana?  As I understand it, bethesda used serana to test new fallower scripts that would eventually be used for FO4.  As a result, mods that effect fallowers as a whole, usually don't effect serana.  Just wondering if anyone's made a patch or something

I did get her (Serana) to work as a SL follower, but it was kinda tricky, and I'm not sure if I broke something when I did it. I completed the entire Dawnguard Questline because I thought she would become a normal follower, but when I tried to add her as a mistress by reading the book, it didn't work...she never would force great me, and she never had any lines in her dialog. The next thing I tried was adding her to a follower faction via the console....   addfac 5c84d 4       ( I see HexBolt8's recommended follower faction is different so I might have screwed something up there). 

Submissive Lola still wasn't able to work on her though, but it did see her as a buyer for Simple Slavery Plus Plus. So I add her as a buyer and went and got myself defeated and sent to SS++. She bought me, but she was just standing there, and when I tried talking with her, she froze...then slid across the floor and out the door all the way back to fort Dawnguard. When I found her she was my mistress, but she wouldn't follow me because she said I had another follower, which I didn't.

The next thing I tried was having her follow me first, and then getting sent to Simple Slavery Plus Plus, she bought me (she walked off during the scene) and when I talked to her she gave me a collar to put on and she seems to work fine now.

The only problem I've notice is I can't seem to have another follower, I tried recruiting Barbas (the talking dog) for his quest but I couldn't get him to follow me. It seems Submissive Lola took that extra follower slot somehow, I can probably get it to work if I add a follower framework like EFF or AFT.  I haven't tried dissmissing her as I'm to afraid of not getting her back or breaking my game save even more.

I should note that I'm also using.....

Serana Dialoge Add-on, with SDA SL Patch

Serana Dialogue Edit

Seranaholic

and they all seem to work without any issues.

@HexBolt8 Thanks for the update everythings working now :).

11 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

Just learned the hard way that combat mercy doesn't extend to Lights Out and Eye Candy.

I'll change it for Lights Out.  I'll probably leave Eye Candy alone.  Wouldn't want it to be too easy.  ?

15 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

Oh, a word to the blindfold - you seem to have missed a box in the CK, it appeared in my apparel to disenchant on an arcane enchanter.

That's a DD blindfold.  You could it report it to Kimy, but it's not like you're going to get a useful enchantment from it.

20 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

We were close to some giant's camp, and you know how stupid Skrim's AI is, so Mistress starts a fight.

If it weren't for mods like this one, I'd never take a follower with me.  NFF has a button to make followers retreat.  I use that a lot.

7 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

I'll add that I have very bad behavior as a mod author for adding voice to text.  I constantly edit and adjust the mod's dialog.  That word sound odd, or this sentence is too long.  The poor folks doing translations either miss all that, or pull their hair out in frustration.  Oh, I also often add new random responses.  Sometimes the 2 or 3 existing ones aren't enough.  I probably consume too much caffeine.

Ha.. no, I don't miss it. Because I use json for reexporting dialogue lines after every update and  xEdit highlights changed records. But - yes, since 2.0 there were a lot of them. Didn't go through all of it yet (and probably won't since some of the events I don't use either way). But that's a good problem to have. Way to often it's when support is absent at all.

9 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

I saved your entire post as a file to refer back to for ideas. 

Awesome. If even some of it makes its way to life - it'd be really cool. My idea is that in this mode the owner doesn't treat PC as a "gardening tool" at all and cares about her, potentially a lot (if using "Faithfulness" score - then the higher that is, the "kinder" and more "caring" the owner becomes while still keeping his/her Master/Mistress status)

15 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

It is very impressive technology.  But I think it's best used with a specific character.  This is something I'd posted in another mod's discussion of this subject:

It will be a lot of work, and you'll constantly have to add or redo the voice files every time you add or edit a line.  You could spend that time expanding and improving your mod.

It's only going to be good for English, unless you offer multiple voice sets (more work).

What about lip syncing?  If that's off, it's going to look like a poorly dubbed film.

A voice locks in the feel of a character.  If I imagine a character sounding confident, or shy, or sly, or commanding, or sophisticated, I can hear it that way in my mind when I'm reading text.  But that gets pushed aside if I'm hearing a voice.  You've probably played games with voiced player character speech that was good quality, but it simply did not fit the way you saw your character.  Every time your character speaks, it sounds wrong.  Adding voice to an NPC runs the same risk.

A minor consideration, but mod files with voice will get bigger.  The more speech, the larger the download.

Also, this technology works better for some voices, than others. Female Commander and Female Nord work better than Female Even Tone and Female Young and Eager. (Haven't tried the male voices yet). Also, it's only good if you use very short sentences. With, sentences that are longer than a few words at a time, the AI that governs tones and inflections starts to break down. It's really not a good solution to create full dialogues yet. 

Hey,

I'm about to test this mod, and I was reading the post to give myself an idea of where it is going.  I played with the first one in the early days, but it had issue and eventually I had to drop it.

I have to questions? 

First:  How does the mod interact with deviously cursed loot?  It is one of the mod I enjoy a lot and it seems this mod also has a collar.  How will it react if the collar is replaced by a different one?  Will it break the game of Zap me to death cause I can't remove the new one, or will Mistress be understanding and will not relay care?  After all as long as she has her slave, it does not relay mater what collar is worn.  She just have to take back her own for when her pet manage to remove the one which locked itself in a cursed loot.

Second:   I read Serana cannot be a valid follower.  Then who can?  I don't believe there is other vampire follower (except downloaded one in mod), but I believe there is no support for them yer correct?  So, how do you get a vampire Master/Mistress?

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Snook001 said:

I read Serana cannot be a valid follower.  Then who can?  I don't believe there is other vampire follower (except downloaded one in mod), but I believe there is no support for them yer correct?

Serana isnt a "follower" in the traditional sense. Her entire AI is customized, thats why shes not supported. has nothing to do with that shes a vampire

49 minutes ago, Snook001 said:

How does the mod interact with deviously cursed loot?

No specific interaction.  This mod tries not to interfere with other mods.  If a feature might do so, the MCM info text warns you.

How will it react if the collar is replaced by a different one?

It's fine with that.  Any DD or ZAP collar is acceptable.

So, how do you get a vampire Master/Mistress?

What Scrab said regarding Serana.  I believe there are vampire follower mods.

12 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

Just learned the hard way that combat mercy doesn't extend to Lights Out and Eye Candy.

Clarification on Eye Candy:  The restriction is suspended during a dragon attack (only dragons) if Combat Mercy is enabled.

I'm making a pass through the device/clothing requirements to make them consistent.  Most of them weren't checking the Combat Mercy setting.

I had Lights Out trigger while doing the Bound In Skyrim questline from DCL.  Was fine at first, was able to take the blindfold off at night when notified, but wasn't able to re-equip it in the morning because my hands were bound.  I went to Sub Lola's MCM to pause the mod but I kept getting punished for not wearing the blindfold anyway.   I was only able to survive by boosting my submission level via console long enough to talk to the questgiver and get unbound.  I was lucky that I was at that point in the questline.  

Also I noticed something about the quest where you have to tell two people two things.  The first time I was given it I chose to have Master repeat himself to avoid getting the bonus points for remembering, but now I don't get that choice at all, it always scolds me for not paying attention and gives me the popup.  

16 minutes ago, Naps-On-Dirt said:

I had Lights Out trigger while doing the Bound In Skyrim questline from DCL.  Was fine at first, was able to take the blindfold off at night when notified, but wasn't able to re-equip it in the morning because my hands were bound.  I went to Sub Lola's MCM to pause the mod but I kept getting punished for not wearing the blindfold anyway.   I was only able to survive by boosting my submission level via console long enough to talk to the questgiver and get unbound.  I was lucky that I was at that point in the questline.  

I'll have to do something if the PC's hands are bound.

16 minutes ago, Naps-On-Dirt said:

Also I noticed something about the quest where you have to tell two people two things.  The first time I was given it I chose to have Master repeat himself to avoid getting the bonus points for remembering, but now I don't get that choice at all, it always scolds me for not paying attention and gives me the popup.  

That is a problem, I incorrectly set a flag on one of the possible responses, but it should only happen half the time.  I'll fix it of course, but it doesn't seem critical, so it will be in the next update (whenever that occurs).  Thank you for reporting these problems.

12 hours ago, Jehuty599 said:

I did get her (Serana) to work as a SL follower, but it was kinda tricky, and I'm not sure if I broke something when I did it. I completed the entire Dawnguard Questline because I thought she would become a normal follower, but when I tried to add her as a mistress by reading the book, it didn't work...she never would force great me, and she never had any lines in her dialog. The next thing I tried was adding her to a follower faction via the console....   addfac 5c84d 4       ( I see HexBolt8's recommended follower faction is different so I might have screwed something up there). 

Submissive Lola still wasn't able to work on her though, but it did see her as a buyer for Simple Slavery Plus Plus. So I add her as a buyer and went and got myself defeated and sent to SS++. She bought me, but she was just standing there, and when I tried talking with her, she froze...then slid across the floor and out the door all the way back to fort Dawnguard. When I found her she was my mistress, but she wouldn't follow me because she said I had another follower, which I didn't.

The next thing I tried was having her follow me first, and then getting sent to Simple Slavery Plus Plus, she bought me (she walked off during the scene) and when I talked to her she gave me a collar to put on and she seems to work fine now.

The only problem I've notice is I can't seem to have another follower, I tried recruiting Barbas (the talking dog) for his quest but I couldn't get him to follow me. It seems Submissive Lola took that extra follower slot somehow, I can probably get it to work if I add a follower framework like EFF or AFT.  I haven't tried dissmissing her as I'm to afraid of not getting her back or breaking my game save even more.

I should note that I'm also using.....

Serana Dialoge Add-on, with SDA SL Patch

Serana Dialogue Edit

Seranaholic

and they all seem to work without any issues.

@HexBolt8 Thanks for the update everythings working now :).

For Serana to work with a lot of mods,  EFF to name one, you have to do the entirety of Dawnguard's questline before she becomes a real follower. For whatever reason she's not flagged as a follower until then. I guess you could always console command your way to skip the Dawnguard questline. 

More on Combat Mercy.

I've been looking at this and I want to make the system consistent and improve it.  Right now my plan is to always suspend device rules during a dragon attack.  The "Dragon/Combat Mercy" setting will be renamed "Combat Threat Mercy" and change from a toggle to a slider.  It will use Skyrim's threat assessment formula, based on the opponent.  You'll choose the threat level at which you're temporarily freed to fight normally. 

You've probably noticed that the game's combat music only plays when you seem to be threatened.  That's based on the GetThreatRatio condition plus a game setting for the music threshold.  This mod won't use the music setting (some players adjust it to always play or never play combat music), but I want to use GetThreatRatio and your Combat Threat Mercy setting.

You can look at that in-game.  Target a creature or NPC at enter "GetThreatRatio Player" in the console.  The larger the number, the greater the threat.  The game also factors in each actor's current health and armor rating, so the ratio can vary greatly in real time.  My thought is that once the combat threat setting is crossed, the rules will be suspended until the end of combat.

However, the threat check will not be based on the PC, but on the owner versus the owner's attacker.  Hopefully this will play out more realistically.  Your owner might start out confident, but decide to free you to help if things go badly.

5 hours ago, Snook001 said:

Second:   I read Serana cannot be a valid follower.  Then who can?  I don't believe there is other vampire follower (except downloaded one in mod), but I believe there is no support for them yer correct?  So, how do you get a vampire Master/Mistress?

Anyone can be, at any time. Use AFT and then do "Tweak Make Follower". It is generally not safe on mod-added followers (albeit usually works), but on all vanilla/DLC followers it works normally. I tested it and had no issues with Serana. Possible to do it even before getting to the Castle, but I'd recommend to wait until Red Water Den completion.

If you're still afraid of applying AFT things or use another multi-follower framework, then RDO (Relationship Dialogue Overhaul) is your answer. You can mark any NPC as potential follower or even a spouse with that mod in-game. That way you surely won't alter AI in any sense, however if there are some scripts reliant on NPC not being a follower - that of course will break. But again, it doesn't seem to be the case with vanilla followers.

5 minutes ago, Aragnier said:

Can I use a custom follower or does it have to be vanilla? because when I tried to talk to a custom follower, I could not choose the option for becoming a slave.

Almost any custom follower will work.  Only ones with custom AI and behavior won't work (Sophia, Inigo, Vilja, etc).  For the dialog to appear, you must recruit the follower and start the quest (click the MCM button or read the book).