4 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

I believe: 

1. SGO4 is a complete rewrite. So simply changing the esp lookups won't work. 

2. From what I remember reading, there won't be a SGO4 LE. And I do all my developing in LE. So...... meh. 

What is it that SLS even uses from SGO? Track the inflation? It looked like SGO used SLIF which you already track, right? 

Just now, skullgirls_ said:

hey man mind explaining this XD? the tongue is below the mouthenb2020_12_1_19_10_35_LI.jpg.24d411d3a00165b748a3c6993540ff7a.jpg

Some heads are shaped differently. You should try the patch that Prometheusx made just for that situation. You can get it in the download button section on the main page.

10 hours ago, Corsayr said:

okay I get it now!

The problem is that the author of SGO4 changed the name of the plugin so SLS is no longer searching for the right thing.

it used to be 

dcc-soulgem-oven-000.esm

in 4 it becomes dse-soulgem-oven.esp

This is something that MM1 will have to change in the script that looks to see if SGO is installed. 

But looking at SGO3 it doesn't appear like there would be any issue just installing it into SE and running Cathedral on the installed folder to update it to SE. According to the SSE conversion thread you need to replace a script to make it work right which you can get here

I'll try using CAO on SGO3 and see how it fares. Worst case scenario, revert to SGO4 and just manually set milk outputs from SGO4 as drinks in iNeed + give lactacid for MME/Milk Addict, so they still get used to some extent. I'll edit this post when I'm done.

Edit: CAO port of SGO3 works properly with SLS SE. I get an error saying that my character isn't capable of inserting gems if I don't have Schlongs of Skyrim SE installed, so I guess that's a dependency I had forgotten about.

1 hour ago, TeamJimmyJohns said:

I'll try using CAO on SGO3 and see how it fares. Worst case scenario, revert to SGO4 and just manually set milk outputs from SGO4 as drinks in iNeed + give lactacid for MME/Milk Addict, so they still get used to some extent. I'll edit this post when I'm done.

Edit: CAO port of SGO3 works properly with SLS SE. I get an error saying that my character isn't capable of inserting gems if I don't have Schlongs of Skyrim SE installed, so I guess that's a dependency I had forgotten about.

Did you grab that script from the SE conversion thread I linked? 

3 hours ago, Corsayr said:

Did you grab that script from the SE conversion thread I linked? 

Yep, copied the SLIF version over the corresponding file in Vortex deployment folder. This was an issue I ran into with SGO3 in Oldrim, so it's just that SOS was dropped as a dependency when SGO3 was rewritten to SGO4. Nothing on your end.

Edit: After toying around with it for a bit, I ultimately decided to switch back to SGO4 Beta 6. Using racemenu belly morphs looks a heck of a lot nicer than straight belly skeleton morphs, and I couldn't get an SGO3 racemenu patch I found to work nicely with SSE-converted SGO3 (it didn't want to recognize SE version of Racemenu for some reason - I'm not very well versed in evaluating mod conflicts so I dunno what changed about Racemenu SE)

14 hours ago, Corsayr said:

What is it that SLS even uses from SGO? Track the inflation? It looked like SGO used SLIF which you already track, right? 

The satisfaction of your creature friend with your breeding status (how pregnant you are). There might be more. I can't remember. 

4 hours ago, AkiKay said:

What does "An xEdit patch is practically required at this point." mean ? I never heard of xEdit really. Is it some kind of Merge Program Patch ? And why is it practically required ?

It's less a merge (merging several .esps into a single .esp to reduce plugin count - very useful for huge armor/weapon collections) program and more a conflict resolution tool.

Let's take races for an example. Races are records that are definined in the base game skyrim.esm. Now if you install a mod like Imperious that changes racial skills and abilities it works because it modifies these records.

Now SL Survival has the inequality feature that makes females weaker than males. This works through adding a magic effect to every humanoid race. This is done through adding an actors effect to the race record in skyrim.esm.

You see that Survival as well as Imperious modify the same records. Skyrim works in a way that only the last edit (that is way load order is important) made to a record is carried over into the game. In this case it would either mean you could have Imperious races or vanilla races with the SLS effect but not both.

So if you want to have Imperious races with the SL Survival effect you need to make a patch that allows changes from both mods to carry over. An xEdit merge patch does exactly that. It looks at your load order and tries to make a patch that merges every solvable conflict into a single .esp. With bigger load orders this is absolutely essential.

The same needs to be done for any containers. If you have mods that change chests/containers and load them after SLS it's very likely that you will not find any bikini armors distributed through SLS because the entry point edits from SLS are overwritten through other mods.

LE Link: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25859

SE Link: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/164

16 minutes ago, Silvain said:

It's less a merge (merging several .esps into a single .esp to reduce plugin count - very useful for huge armor/weapon collections) program and more a conflict resolution tool.

Let's take races for an example. Races are records that are definined in the base game skyrim.esm. Now if you install a mod like Imperious that changes racial skills and abilities it works because it modifies these records.

Now SL Survival has the inequality feature that makes females weaker than males. This works through adding a magic effect to every humanoid race. This is done through adding an actors effect to the race record in skyrim.esm.

You see that Survival as well as Imperious modify the same records. Skyrim works in a way that only the last edit (that is way load order is important) made to a record is carried over into the game. In this case it would either mean you could have Imperious races or vanilla races with the SLS effect but not both.

So if you want to have Imperious races with the SL Survival effect you need to make a patch that allows changes from both mods to carry over. An xEdit merge patch does exactly that. It looks at your load order and tries to make a patch that merges every solvable conflict into a single .esp. With bigger load orders this is absolutely essential.

The same needs to be done for any containers. If you have mods that change chests/containers and load them after SLS it's very likely that you will not find any bikini armors distributed through SLS because the entry point edits from SLS are overwritten through other mods.

Ohh okay. But is the program supposed to give me a headache when looking at it or does it look more complex than it actually is ? ? I´ve tried scripting before and this looks very similar to it in a way (Just a little more organized). The problem with scripting was that I couldn´t get an overview because it´s way too much information for my mind to process and everything seemed like a huge mess. I´ve only used this program to clean my masterfiles but I was too "scared"  and confused to touch the other stuff. 

It's looks more complex than it is if you ask me. ^^

You do have a point though. If you don't know what you are looking at it can get overwhelming. I actually started using xEdit seriously because SLS required a few edits with my load order. So the guide Monoman posted is a decent starting point. Just concentrate on the information that you need instead of everything at the same time.

8 hours ago, AkiKay said:

What does "An xEdit patch is practically required at this point." mean ? I never heard of xEdit really.

The second post of the original Sexlab Survival thread details how to make the xEdit patch (You may have heard if called Tes5Edit or SSEdit it's the same program for all games hence the x) 

Scroll down on the link below till you see the header 

image.thumb.png.cf21cbc8b7bc77540a39e4f3e554dadd.png

Sexlab Survival - Downloads - Skyrim Adult & Sex Mods - LoversLab

****That section has now been added to the bottom of the Sexlab Survival SE description as well****

3 hours ago, Silvain said:

It's looks more complex than it is if you ask me. ^^

Silvain is absolutely correct on this one. 

It can seem a little much at first glance but the xEdit tool is WAY more intuitive that anything made by Bethesda. Once you start to see it at work I think you will find it to be a powerful tool in modding Skyrim that is very simple and straight forward. 

9 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

The satisfaction of your creature friend with your breeding status (how pregnant you are). There might be more. I can't remember. 

oh... no wonder I didn't know about that. ?

?I never found the whole pregnancy thing sexy

?Then how come you have Estrus Chaurus and Spider Chaurus and Dwarven Machine Chaurus in your load order!!?? you ask...

?I needed the eggs

{drum roll} Ba Da Bum! ?

?

9 hours ago, Silvain said:

So wait... if I don't use any mods that change vanilla races, or I don't use bikini armour feature there is no need for a patch? Am I understanding this correctly?

Second question: does SLS have bikini armours implemented or do I need 3rd party mod for this, like TAWOBA? I am not particularly fond of the last one for some reason.

9 minutes ago, belegost said:

So wait... if I don't use any mods that change vanilla races, or I don't use bikini armour feature there is no need for a patch? Am I understanding this correctly?

Second question: does SLS have bikini armours implemented or do I need 3rd party mod for this, like TAWOBA? I am not particularly fond of the last one for some reason.

More or less correct. If SLS is the last thing in your load order that changes races, and you do not wish to use the bikini armor functions then you do not need a patch

Yes SLS uses by default TAWOBA but that is configurable using the bikiniarmor.json file (that process is also explained on the 2nd post of the original LE mod convo thread)

Hello, I used this mod for some time, great stuff.

Apart from all sexual content, I was amazed by the trauma system - the visual bruises on player character after getting some hits from combat. I was just wondering if there would be a chance for a standalone mod of sorts with just this functionality, so that we don't have to install any sexlab prerequisites? As much as I like all the other functionalities of Sexlab Survival, I myself am not much to having all these sex-related mods on every playthrough, while the combat bruises / trauma effect seems to be an amazing addition to combat in Skyrim most of the time. I haven't found any mod out there which does the similar thing.

Regardless of my question, thank you again for the mod!

3 hours ago, epsadin said:

Hello, I used this mod for some time, great stuff.

Apart from all sexual content, I was amazed by the trauma system - the visual bruises on player character after getting some hits from combat. I was just wondering if there would be a chance for a standalone mod of sorts with just this functionality, so that we don't have to install any sexlab prerequisites? As much as I like all the other functionalities of Sexlab Survival, I myself am not much to having all these sex-related mods on every playthrough, while the combat bruises / trauma effect seems to be an amazing addition to combat in Skyrim most of the time. I haven't found any mod out there which does the similar thing.

Regardless of my question, thank you again for the mod!

Monoman1 has said in the past that he doesn't intend to do any stand alone mods of SLS functionality. They are too time consuming. But he got the texture assets from someone else, I think they were working on something like what you are asking about. 

I just don't know if that ever got finished... 

I cant get the tattoos applied when paying the toll cost at a door.

For now I have been ignoring that option as it does not apply any tattoos despite having slavetats, rapetats, fadetattoos and a bunch of tattoo packs.

I have previously (6 months ago?) had it working with an earlier SE conversion with no additional work needed, but it does not work at the moment.
Rape tats works fine and applies tattoos.

I see that in the main mod page description it is said "Rape Tats + Fade Tats + a tattoo database file + SlaveTats for Toll Tattoos", but the last two are something I cant see anywhere and I do not know where to look from. I am guessing the slavetats for toll tattoos is just referring to any slavetat pack and the database file is something that I should create/have and that used to be already there or not needed before. Alternatively something is broken on my installation.

20 hours ago, Corsayr said:

Yes SLS uses by default TAWOBA but that is configurable using the bikiniarmor.json file (that process is also explained on the 2nd post of the original LE mod convo thread)

Thank you, but my question is: do I need TAWOBA to actually have bikinis in game or does SLS come with it's own collection in the download? I understand the process of adding keywords to other mods, but that one aspect is still unclear to me. I'm sorry if that sounds like a stupid question but there doesn't seem to be clear answer to it the description, and I want to make sure I understand how it works. Since I could never get TAWOBA to work reliably on the body types I'm using, and the changes it does to Riverwood forge clash with another mod I'm using, I would have to forgo the whole bikini functionality if that is the case.

5 minutes ago, belegost said:

Thank you, but my question is: do I need TAWOBA to actually have bikinis in game or does SLS come with it's own collection in the download? I understand the process of adding keywords to other mods, but that one aspect is still unclear to me. I'm sorry if that sounds like a stupid question but there doesn't seem to be clear answer to it the description, and I want to make sure I understand how it works. Since I could never get TAWOBA to work reliably on the body types I'm using, I would have to forgo the whole bikini functionality if that is the case.

Yes SLS requires an external bikini mod to have Bikinis in game, it doesn't include any of its own. It doesn't necessarily HAVE to be TAWOBA though. SLS is just by default set up to look for TAWOBA.

What kind of body are you using that has trouble with TAWOBA?

3 hours ago, Corsayr said:

Monoman1 has said in the past that he doesn't intend to do any stand alone mods of SLS functionality. They are too time consuming. But he got the texture assets from someone else, I think they were working on something like what you are asking about. 

I just don't know if that ever got finished... 

Thank you for the answer. I understand, not a big problem really, I can still play with all the rest stuff from the mod disabled after all :)

Cheers!

1 hour ago, Corsayr said:

What kind of body are you using that has trouble with TAWOBA?

CBBE.

I used TAWOBA UNP before, had the issue of bras unequipping, which was resolved by ticking "revealing" option is SOS which was the source of the conflict. Same solution however doesn't work for me with CBBE version of TAWOBA and there are no other mods that could cause a conflict bar DD, which I already ruled out.