Is it really possible that no one reads?

34 minutes ago, Hawk9969 said:

Throwing money at things is quite easy, more so if you come from a wealthy family or a wealthy country with very high minimal wages (see Patreon).

So therefore we should stop paying because, by your words, it's just shows that we are monkeys with more money than brains?

I never once thought that a supporter "title" should allow me any more respect here than my actions and behaviour befit and I disagree with anyone that thinks it does but I didn't, for one minute, think I'd be derided for helping to support the site.

...Wow...

I now regret expressing regret when you were drama quitting the other week.

51 minutes ago, Hawk9969 said:

What about those who spend their time helping others and/or contributing mods to the site?

that's what the Contributor title is for, and that's exactly how i got mine.

I would like to understand the "Contributor" process for this site

it's simple, if a current Contributor (or Moderator) likes someone for the work they have done they can nominate that person, if enough of the other Contributors support the nomination they will then be considered for the title, and that can sometimes take up to a year to happen.

I've seen some people with that title with absolutely no knowledge

chances are they are asking about a game that they don't normally mod, Eg: i sure as fuck don't know jack shit about fallout sex mods.

no useful input and lots of egos

that's mostly subjective.....mostly.

I've seen some very active and helpful people in these forums without the title.

i'm sure there are many, but i myself can only speak of those that i have worked with.

15 minutes ago, Mez558 said:

So therefore we should stop paying because, by your words, it's just shows that we are monkeys with more money than brains?

I never once thought that a supporter "title" should allow me any more respect here than my actions and behaviour befit and I disagree with anyone that thinks it does but I didn't, for one minute, think I'd be derided for helping to support the site.

...Wow...

I now regret expressing regret when you were drama quitting the other week.

LOL! You mean drama quitting before or after you went to stir up drama in a thread which had nothing to do with it and got promptly ignored? And by the way, the request is still around, I've not cancelled nor will cancel it. I am just around updating some animation packs and answering some stuff in the SexLab Tech Support and Tech Support sub-forums, once the request goes through, it's done.

Spoiler

D949jf9JDn38NDnii389dj230nDn.PNG.e537eea76beedf2a170990890bc3286a.PNG

Notice how everything in my reason is about the policy of this site? The bad community was just a reason for me not putting up with these policies. I haven't uploaded a mod other than a crash fix for a while now because of said policies.

I do wonder however how much time I've wasted on Captchas alone just to visit the site.

What part didn't you understand? The person above saying someone's else opinion was invalid because he didn't have a "Supporter" title or me mentioning that someone shouldn't be treated less because of titles?

And yes, throwing money at things is quite easy. Lots of people think they are actually outstanding human beings for donating to charity. Seems like the same applies here.

30 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

it's simple, if a current Contributor (or Moderator) likes someone for the work they have done they can nominate that person, if enough of the other Contributors support the nomination they will then be considered for the title, and that can sometimes take up to a year to happen.

Like I said before, seems like you would need to be a sycophant or have enough fame for this. It's not much about the content of the contributions, but who they are affiliated with. Not saying it's the case with you as I don't know your work (I don't do creatures at all), but this seems like what I'd previously assumed.

Either way, those titles don't even matter one bit to me, anywhere. On Stackoverflow I get points from your common Joes finding my answers useful rather than being in the good sides of top site members, and even there... eh, it doesn't matter much.

It is possible and by reading posts I would say it is a fact that people do not read sections, topics, and posted question/request. It is also possible people just don't care enough to take the extra minute to post properly. As far as supporters go why wouldn't I support a place I like? Again people posting without thought supporters make sights like this stay up for your happy ass to complain.... just saying.

14 minutes ago, woodsman30 said:

As far as supporters go why wouldn't I support a place I like? Again people posting without thought supporters make sights like this stay up for your happy ass to complain.... just saying.

When did anyone say you can't throw money at them? It's your money, if you want to throw it at strippers and crack, it's none of my business. It will however not make you a better human being nor put extra weight into your arguments.

Also, the last part of your rhetoric is not valid for me. My only interaction here is either for its file hosting, which I can use any other as long as the author uploads elsewhere, and answering stuff in the tech support sub-forums. Only came to this topic because the subject is something that has been bothering me aswell.

I've uploaded stuff and have helped a significant number of people, it's not like I am here for leeching or as you put it, complaining.

33 minutes ago, Hawk9969 said:

The person above saying someone's else opinion was invalid because he didn't have a "Supporter" title

No one ever said that, you are just making that up.

What I said was that the person WASN'T a moderator, and then went on to point out that they weren't even a supporter. 

But there are a lot of self entitled people here who seem to think they have the authority to go around telling folks what forums they can and can't post in. 

Unless you are a moderator or Ashal... you don't 

I think a little notice/message that the user has to accept in order to create a new thread would help in most cases. Yes, I genuinely think there are people who have no idea where to post, don't stop to read the forum sections nor to apply common sense (does it even exists?) and just create a new thread with the minimal amount of effort possible. There are always people like that and for a different set of reasons. A single message that users can dismiss with one click might not be enough, but it would be an extra step, so most users would consider where or what to post.

• Make it have flashy colors with bold letters.
  • Short sentences, one liners mostly.
  • The message has to stay on screen for at least 5 seconds (that feels like a eon when you want to click next and be done with something).
  • It could also include a link to the community rules (I know, no one will actually read them, but at least we tried).

It doesn't help that there are some forum sections with doubtful purpose or some overlap in its content, but that's just my OCD trait being petty. Most of the user requests can be easily categorized if you take one minute to glance at the sections. Sadly creating posts in the wrong section isn't even half the issues with most users. There is the whole give-the-proper-information-so-people-can-actually-help-you mini-game that we have to play with people asking for support. But that's an entirely different topic and I seriously wouldn't know where to begin to address that.

My attitude to this, first of all, there is an ignore option.

If someone/thing bothers me, I use it.

If someone asks for help, the wrong place is secondary to me.

It makes it sometimes more difficult.

The spawn of the forum with all those "dude, wrong place to post" is much more annoying to me.

Last but not least, throwing money on this side, the reason  has been for me showing respect for all those people helping

me out as I had no idea how to get my setup running.

As said, just my opinion.

Everybody is reading. The section is called "Skyrim". There is nothing indicating if its for LE or SE version.

Now, there is a very tiny section for Skyrim: Special Edition down there, with subsections cramped out, in such a way that, when a player have a technical issue (which might be related to mods) he will not post on it, due to anxiety in trying to solve the issue.

So its up to the administrators of this site, if they want to fix their stuff, or if they want to keep it that way.

And yes, I know the kinky "elites" in this site hates SE with a passion. This dont means you should treat it that way.

Nexus have sections for both games. Who some of you like to crucify, also have sections for both games.

In TESA, there is only a single section, for both games, and nobody complains about LE and SE mods mixed together in the same sections.

Only here you have this vendetta against SE, and its users.

7 hours ago, Hawk9969 said:

LOL! You mean drama quitting before or after you went to stir up drama in a thread which had nothing to do with it and got promptly ignored? And by the way, the request is still around, I've not cancelled nor will cancel it. I am just around updating some animation packs and answering some stuff in the SexLab Tech Support and Tech Support sub-forums, once the request goes through, it's done.

Yeah Drama Quitting, making a public post declaring your intention to leave when you could have just messaged a Mod and sorted it out with them. Whether you admit it or not, that is asking for attention. I've done similar, not long ago told someone I was sticking them on ignore before doing it just because I wanted them to know. Pathetic I know, I'm not proud.. They're still on ignore tho'
I wasn't attempting to start any drama with 27X just pointing out he thinks many of us idiots (notice I use "us" as to include myself) something you have in common, it would appear.

As for being ignored, promptly or otherwise... Hadn't really noticed until you pointed it out... Now I'm feeling a little aggrieved about it.

The regret I expressed, I meant it. It's a shame to lose someone who, apparently, has an abundance of technical knowledge about the game. I say "apparently" because you could be talking utter shit about some of this stuff and I wouldn't know. But most of it makes sense to me, the rest gives me a headache.

Even with all the anger and aggression that generally follows when discussing your ideas I'd still rather that knowledge stayed. Besides, I find that anger somewhat cathartic, making me let go of my own misplaced aggression... Yeah, stay, you might save me from having a stroke. ?

Anyway..

:face_monkey:  say Bye :banana:

23 minutes ago, Wolfstorm321 said:

hates SE with a passion

The problem isn't SE, it's SE evangelists like you that won't shut up about how "great" it is, when the facts of great are exactly three things, 64bit addressing and dx11 frametime resolves and ESL/ESM and that's it.

Despite being free for LE, SE has 25% of LE installs and that's pretty much the end of the argument, but do go ahead and keep posting your pics in the LE section like no one will notice when if SE was so much superior all the upvote whores would have migrated to it.

Also pretty telling that the people saying hey guys move to SE never read that there's an SE section and instead every three months we get these brain dead posts, which just highlights it's not SE, it's people playing SE that are the problem.

1 hour ago, 27X said:

The problem isn't SE, it's SE evangelists like you that won't shut up about how "great" it is, when the facts of great are exactly three things, 64bit addressing and dx11 frametime resolves and ESL/ESM and that's it.

Point the posts where I have "evangelized" about SE, in the LE section.

To ask for a proper section for SE, does not mean we are forcing you to play it.

2 hours ago, 27X said:

but do go ahead and keep posting your pics in the LE section like no one will notice when if SE was so much superior all the upvote whores would have migrated to it.

So all this hate is because you are pissed the SE people get more upvotes on Screen shots??

dude... ?‍♀️

2 hours ago, Mez558 said:

Yeah Drama Quitting, making a public post declaring your intention to leave when you could have just messaged a Mod and sorted it out with them.

Except that I am not on good terms with the administration of this site, publicly criticizing some of their policies and behaviors. It's like calling your bitchy ex-wife for information. I obviously made the thread to get the information indirectly, which by the way, I kept my reasons to myself and was direct to the point. Other than you (which I did ignore), no drama was created exactly because I literally don't know anyone in these forums, and as I've mentioned a thousand times, this is a random generated name and whatever reputation I may get from these forums matters as much as those titles. I also keep myself out of General/Off-Topic or any non technical forum.

I got the answer I was looking for, thanked the person and the thread died. You are the one bringing it back (and it's the second time you're doing so).

2 hours ago, Mez558 said:

I say "apparently" because you could be talking utter shit about some of this stuff and I wouldn't know.

Anything that I've said can be verified by yourself by the linked information that I provide or by reading the "books" that my OCD makes me write. I am far from perfect and so is my knowledge; I'll obviously make some mistakes here and there, but I've advised more than once that you don't need to believe what I am saying, I provide you with enough information that you can look it up yourself and correct any mistakes I may have made along the way. More over, all of my hobby programming is FOSS, which is another source of information I provide if you need to go through it.

Not going to address the rest of your post. If you still refuse to understand that my beef is with those who seem to like to tell others what they can say because <insert stupid reason here> and not with "Supporters", then by all means, feel free to pop out that champagne bottle when this username changes to "Guest".

3 hours ago, Wolfstorm321 said:

The section is called "Skyrim". There is nothing indicating if its for LE or SE version.

Skyrim is the name of the game released in 2011. Skyrim LE is that game plus all the DLC. Skyrim Sith Special Edition is the name of the game released in 2016. Therefore, ergo and ipso facto, this coupled with the fact that the Skyrim SE section is clearly labelled 'Skyrim: Special Edition', indicates clearly that the 'Skyrim' section is not, not and thrice not for things SE. ?

13 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Skyrim is the name of the game released in 2011. Skyrim LE is that game plus all the DLC. Skyrim Sith Special Edition is the name of the game released in 2016. Therefore, ergo and ipso facto, this coupled with the fact that the Skyrim SE section is clearly labelled 'Skyrim: Special Edition', indicates clearly that the 'Skyrim' section is not, not and thrice not for things SE. ?

That you even have to explain such obvious things. ?

"The section is called "Skyrim". There is nothing indicating if its for LE or SE version. " => Intellectual dishonesty

11 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

sadly that never works

Yeah, but at least we tried. Even if you reduce the amount of misplaced threads by a fraction of what we have now is an improvement. Another way to force users into thinking about where to post would be enforce the tag system. There could be post restrictions for new accounts (which would also prevent the occasional spam in random sections). I don't know, there are different ways to address this that would require some sort of effort from the staff and then some more from the users (and if they don't comply burn them all).

--

Hey so much drama over this. Thanks Bethesda.

Here is the problem with SSE support threads in the LE technical support forum.

I tend to only read the first page and provide assistance for them based on whether they would generally receive no reply or a reply with limited/generic information, crashes for example.

However, I cannot provide any assistance with crashes on SSE because I don't own the game and I can't attach a debugger to it to see what the crashing code actually does.

Flooding the LE section with SSE threads will just push threads that I can actually help out of my view, and I'll certainly not go through each one of them to see which ones are actually within my scope.

Seems like this is the general idea why SSE threads in the wrong place isn't something taken in a good light.

Also, I never had any problems navigating the subforums, no idea what's this claim that the SSE subforums are hard to notice. They are as hard as the SexLab Technical Support subforum.

14 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

sadly that never works

? Sure! It's impossible, because they aren't blinking, flashing, sparking and chanting occult verses.

That's why they fail to work :classic_dry:

At least 2x in full length should be required to pass the devine barrier between wishful imagination and a new thread. ?

Spoiler