Worst COVID-19 scare, how close were you to getting infected?

7 minutes ago, Tron91 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Loads of data to analyze for statisticians, no questions there, too many assumptions and inference can be made by them/ the learned people, but whatever the end result, lives were lost. And lives do matter ..., and if you are still unmoved/adamant, wait till someone from your family succumbs to this nuisance known as Covid-19.

It's human nature to play the blame game, but to be humane you need to feel those who lost near and dear ones. I believe, no one will want to be on their shoes.

As already stated I personally know three people that have died, and none of the feels that exist in the world will either bring them back nor help anyone else get through this shit. What will help will is facts, learning what the fuck to do correctly, and a good ol dose of medically derived common sense.

I've been lucky. I live in Texas but in one of the smaller towns. We did have an outbreak here but for the most part it was not bad. Everyone played it safe, for the most part, and did not take chances. Even when the Govenor first decided that all was well and we would be re-opening, we continue for the most part to play it safe. I'm in my late 50's and have some health issues, but also, due to my lifestyle, I have had no problem with self isolating, in fact, for the most part, I live semi-isolated. I live about 5 miles out of town in a small RV park. Most of us here are long term, have been here for years. I don't get out much, other then to go grocery shopping. I live on disability so finacially, I've had it easy compared to a lot of others.

43 minutes ago, Dynchia said:

go grocery shopping

You know there's curb-side pickup, right? That's what I'm going to be using from now on since new cases have spiked here. I go out with my mask on and people actually stared at me in few places like I'm the idiot. Also stocking up for the long haul more and more to minimize my exposure- gotta fill my freezer and cabinets.

Info I'm reading from several sources state that even if you get sick and get better, there may be permanent damage to your lungs and more. One thing that makes me feel a little more at ease is that the numbers for infected are inflated if you consider that some of those have gotten better and are no longer contagious.

14 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

You know there's curb-side pickup, right? That's what I'm going to be using from now on since new cases have spiked here. I go out with my mask on and people actually stared at me in few places like I'm the idiot. Also stocking up for the long haul more and more to minimize my exposure- gotta fill my freezer and cabinets.

Info I'm reading from several sources state that even if you get sick and get better, there may be permanent damage to your lungs and more.

True, once the damage to your lungs is done, it never goes back to your factory default state. So, it's best to never catch the virus. Generally with virus, you become immune to it once you get cured from it. But, re-infection is happening in case of Covid-19. I am beginning to believe it is an engineered virus plus it's quiet odd that why newer forms of viruses have chosen China to be their place of "Debut". A cold country like China shouldn't be a normal evolving place for micro-organisms. A hot humid place like the tropics should usually be the source of new microorganisms.

And now with the reports of the new Swine Flu virus which can jump to humans. A waiting game now ...

9 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Info I'm reading from several sources state that even if you get sick and get better, there may be permanent damage to your lungs and more.

I've read about the possible damage, and not just to the lungs. We have curb side service at a lot of places here has well but that is not really an opition for me. Although the past several months I have had rides, I  do not own a car. I ride a 3 wheel bicycle which I've installed an electric motor on. I also have a trailer which I can pull behind it. In fact, I had to make trips into town both yesterday and today using my bike, in the heat, which I do not do well with so when I go into town, I need to take some time to cool off, which I do while I'm shopping. A lot of the people here wear masks, though we do have some who do not. (I do wear a mask.) I need to stock up my freezer. Mine froze up and went into a defrost mode late last month and I did not catch it till almost too late. I lost most of what I had in it and the fridge. Luckily I tend to keep my cabinets well stock despite the small of amount of space I have. (Example, I have 6 HUGE cans of beef stew which I got on special, can chicken and tuna, dice tomatatos and can gravy and stuffing mix and pasta sauce and of course, pasta and ....)

Just now, Tron91 said:

True, once the damage to your lungs is done, it never goes back to your factory default state. So, it's best to never catch the virus. Generally with virus, you become immune to it once you get cured from it. But, re-infection is happening in case of Covid-19. I am beginning to believe it is an engineered virus plus it's quiet odd that why newer forms of viruses have chosen China to be their place of "Debut". A cold country like China shouldn't be a normal evolving place for micro-organisms. A hot humid place like the tropics should usually be the source of new microorganisms.

And now with the reports of the new Swine Flu virus which can jump to humans. A waiting game now ...

China has a lot of hot humid places. It's not ALL cold.

2 minutes ago, Dynchia said:

China has a lot of hot humid places. It's not ALL cold.

Well if that's so, I do hope that they have not made a few more hot humid places inside virus labs. It's becoming a phenomenon of getting one or two viruses from there each year.

22 minutes ago, Tron91 said:

Well if that's so, I do hope that they have not made a few more hot humid places inside virus labs. It's becoming a phenomenon of getting one or two viruses from there each year.

China has a lot of remote areas, many of which is tropical or sub-tropical in nature, that are being more and more encrouched upon and altered due to development.

12 minutes ago, Dynchia said:

China has a lot of remote areas, many of which is tropical or sub-tropical in nature, that are being more and more encrouched upon and altered due to development.

Maybe it's about time, to stop opening up of those Pandora's Boxes in the name of development.

39 minutes ago, Tron91 said:

True, once the damage to your lungs is done, it never goes back to your factory default state. So, it's best to never catch the virus. Generally with virus, you become immune to it once you get cured from it. 

Both statements are WRONG.  Yes, your lungs can recover:  https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/what-coronavirus-does-to-the-lungs

Skip down to the section that specifically addresses this (Is COVID-19 lung damage reversible?)  The answer is YES THEY CAN.  Will everyone recover, obviously not.  There are always exceptions to anything.

Second, THERE IS NO CURE FOR A VIRUS.  Why?  Because they MUTATE.  We have the flu EVERY YEAR.  We have colds EVERY YEAR.  Get the point?  This should be common sense.

47 minutes ago, Tron91 said:

A cold country like China shouldn't be a normal evolving place for micro-organisms. A hot humid place like the tropics should usually be the source of new microorganisms.

And you show your ignorance once again.  China is not a "cold country."  It has the following zones:  There is tropical zone, subtropical zone, warm temperate zone, middle temperate zone, cold temperate zone and plateau zone.  A simple google search would have told you that.  One look at a climate map would have shot this down.  Hell, a basic understanding of geography would have told you this.  China borders Vietnam for crying out loud.

I'm sorry if it seems like I am picking on you, but this nonsensical spouting of pure bullshit is an insult to everyone, yourself included.

On 7/8/2020 at 5:09 AM, 27X said:

mediterranean lineage

What the fuck is a Mediterranean lineage?

The Mediterranean diet is one of the healthiest in the world, certainly better than Britain and America. Funny how you are the expert on what vitamin D can do yet I have not seen any government or health organisation promoting it in the fight against this virus.

On 7/8/2020 at 4:12 AM, rdrakken said:

Reports were coming out of China via the AP and from South Korea that the death rate was no where near what China was saying

So after months of a conspiracy theory saying that China was underplaying the death toll we now have a new conspiracy theory saying that China overplayed the death toll. Is there any reason given as to why China would over play the death toll?

On 7/4/2020 at 4:37 AM, winny257 said:

我相信Covid19 是真实的,但我也相信这种病毒是人类制造的! :classic_wink:

但是下一个病毒正在开始 * 在中国发现新的猪流感G4 病毒 *!

Https://www.t-online.de/gesundheit/krankheiten-症状/id_88162790/schweinegrippe-virus-g4-aus-china-weitere-pandemie-alle-bekannten-infos.html

英格。

Https://www.cdc.gov/flu/spotlights/ 2019 2020/cdc-prepare-swine-flu.html

Will it actually infect humans?

and also this

https://www.wionews.com/opinions-blogs/yet-another-stunning-revelation-about-the-true-origin-of-covid-19-311048

and one more thing if there is no immunity after an infection, how do you think a vaccine would work against Covid-19 which everyone is now emphasizing on?

even SARS-1 left people with some period of immunity.

And i maybe wrong about China's climate distribution, most of the map looked cold area for me.

2 hours ago, Tron91 said:

Yes, you spouted Bullshit.  Own it.  I clearly stated there would be exceptions.  It clearly says that in the first article with the word "some".  And find some real sources.  No one believes jack shit coming out of china.  And when has the bbc been a credible outlet for news, let alone medical research?  Go back and read what you wrote and what my response was.  If that isn't clear enough, then there is no point in talking with you.

3 hours ago, Tron91 said:

This is pathetic.  Seriously.  Do you know what confirmation bias is?  And an opinion blog from wio news?  Really?  Put some effort into it for crying out loud.

and one more thing if there is no immunity after an infection, how do you think a vaccine would work against Covid-19 which everyone is now emphasizing on?

even SARS-1 left people with some period of immunity.

Are you in 3rd grade?  WTF?  I never stated there is not a short period of time that you could be immune to a virus after getting over it.  The reason for that is clear.  Provided you have had plenty of rest, fluids and are healthy, you will have a shit load of anti-bodies in your system to fight off another infection along with a hyper-active immune system.  Those anti-bodies however die off in a short period of time and then you are vulnerable again.  This is all basic shit that we learned in high school biology class.  All of that WAS NEVER THE FUCKING POINT.  You were talking about a vaccine.  I pointed out that IT WON'T HAPPEN.  If you did find one, it will be useless as the virus will mutate and then your vaccine is worthless.  Fuck me, this is just basic shit.  How can you not know this?  SARS was VERY deadly, but fortunately it mutated after one season and rendered itself mostly inert.  Sometimes the mutations a virus makes kills it off or causes it to jump back to something that makes animals sick and not humans.  Ever heard of the flu shot that they give out every year?  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It depends on virus strains that go around and if they have mutated.  Again, this is all basic shit that you can google.

And i maybe wrong about China's climate distribution, most of the map looked cold area for me.

I seriously doubt you looked at any map based on all the other statements you made that were blatantly wrong.  However, props to you for admitting you were wrong.  That is something adults do.  Admit the mistake, take the hit and learn from it.  No one is right all the time.  I'm certainly not.  I'd give you just a bit of advice, before saying something, take a couple of seconds to use the old googler.  It will save you the embarrassment of having to eat crow.  No one likes crow.  No spice, sauce or flavoring can make it taste good.

6 hours ago, gregathit said:

I seriously doubt you looked at any map based on all the other statements you made that were blatantly wrong. 

Depends on the map you use ?‍♂️

Don't tell me you also believe the lie about a globe earth and the existence of space ?

Spoiler

zbt6knzx7s101.jpg.5ec5b98060db409119614b7712b079f4.jpg

I'm off to THOTH before the BAWWAABAAT-RA summer gate closes :classic_cool::cocktail:

57 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

Depends on the map you use ?‍♂️

Don't tell me you also believe the lie about a globe earth and the existence of space ?

Reveal hidden contents

zbt6knzx7s101.jpg.5ec5b98060db409119614b7712b079f4.jpg

what do you think why this symbol exists? :classic_wink:

Spoiler

1948-fn-logo.jpg?preset=1120

the earth is flat! :classic_tongue:

Spoiler