Worst COVID-19 scare, how close were you to getting infected?

7 hours ago, Tyrant99 said:

Somehow I feel that we live in an age where everyone wants the facts that they already agree with.

Welcome to the age of rampant populism.  Enjoy your stay.  It will be ironic when the most intelligent animal on earth's extinction event will be rampant stupidity.  Not that that event will be a pandemic, but our response to this makes me....not optimistic of where we are right now as a race.

Anyway, on topic.  Neighbor was wandering around confused and incoherent.  Called an ambulance, waited with arm around neighbor to comfort them.  Neighbor passes from covid 3 weeks later.  Don't think I was infected, unless I'm one of the ones that were asymptomatic.  No way in hell am I going anywhere near a testing center though.

Anyway this disease is serious.  We don't have all the facts on it.  I'd rather err on the side of caution than "shoot from the hip" based on the advice of people that are panicking because their portfolios and profit margins are struggling, so they send the proles to the slaughter while they hide in their ivory towers.

I watched a lecture series on the Black Death and while the Black Death was far more fatal, the sociological behaviors hold up centuries later.  People trying to "run from the disease" and just spreading it, ignorance and disinformation, and an elite class that cares only about themselves.

An interesting segment was that there was a crew from Iceland that had an onboard outbreak and rather than return home they chose not to.  They saved Iceland from an outbreak for decades by choosing to die in a foreign land.  Fast forward to 2020 and we have people that won't even wear a mask in public to protect someone, somewhere from getting sick.

.....anyway stay safe perverts.  Isolate, wear a mask, fap, and we'll get through this.?

Just now, Grey Cloud said:

What is not real? This pandemic?

What is your evidence for this statement?

If it is not true, cui bono?

Do me a favor go to a search engine google for example and type 3 or 4 random numbers then "new cases" do this a couple of times you should notice something odd.

Who gains from this is TBD.

4 minutes ago, Alkpaz said:

My uncle is in the hospital with COVID 19. 2 former employees have COVID 19 and so do their children and husbands. 

Anything even remotely related to flu or flu-like symptoms in today's world is considered COVID-19. I should know because apparently I had it as well but here I am right now talking to you.

2 hours ago, Yami X said:

Anything even remotely related to flu or flu-like symptoms in today's world is considered COVID-19. I should know because apparently I had it as well but here I am right now talking to you.

Did you get tested?

11 hours ago, Yami X said:

Do me a favor go to a search engine google for example and type 3 or 4 random numbers then "new cases" do this a couple of times you should notice something odd.

Okay, so I did that and what did it prove?

11 hours ago, Yami X said:

Who gains from this is TBD.

Who or what is TBD?

1 hour ago, gregathit said:

So........Covid is killing folks right and left.......except that isn't what the data says from the CDC website.

Hide contents

WeeklyExcessDeaths.png

Could folks be lying to us about how deadly covid is?  Surely not.......

here is the website for this picture.
Oh Ha, what a revelation.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/deaths-from-suicide-during-lockdown-higher-than-covid-19-stewart?articleId=6670331192820203520

4 hours ago, gregathit said:

And John's Hopkins disagrees with that chart:  https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

The key item to look at is excess deaths.  People die every day.  This is sad but true.  If the same amount (or close) of folks are kicking the old bucket, then covid isn't as deadly as it was made out to be.

The far more salient problem is and this is known to every principal actor in this issue is; every hospital in the program that reports a covid death gets 5K, american hospitals are for profit; hospitals are otherwise empty for the usual influx of weekly minor bullshit that actually pays their bills, particularly those in large metropolitan areas.

Doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out what the problem is, meanwhile in places with the same standard of living or better with hospital based on public infrastructure Covid deaths to a country are in single digits.

cover2.jpg

13 hours ago, Tron91 said:

Did you get tested?

Yes

Back in June I tested positive for the Rona what did I have though..... simple flu like symptoms or cold like symptoms but that was enough for the fam to freak out over.

5 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Okay, so I did that and what did it prove?

If you did as I asked you would have noticed that the numbers you typed in as random as they may be are always attached to News Cases ,How many Beds are being used in this "Pandemic" or "Deaths" or the number of people who have apparently recovered from this outbreak now that seems fishy to me but you are free to draw your own conclusions.

5 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Who or what is TBD?

To Be Determined

1 hour ago, Yami X said:

If you did as I asked you would have noticed that the numbers you typed in as random as they may be are always attached to News Cases ,How many Beds are being used in this "Pandemic" or "Deaths" or the number of people who have apparently recovered from this outbreak now that seems fishy to me but you are free to draw your own conclusions

I did. What I got was one hit which had the random number I typed in (3454) and was from some site called www.iceagenow and the rest were various numbers from various places for various periods of time. I had one hit for Bulgaria, several hits for provinces of various countries, a hit for some counties in Texas and one for the county of Yorkshire in England. The time periods were for a number of days, that month or some other period. None of which proved or was even evidence of anything.

2 hours ago, Yami X said:

To Be Determined

In other words you haven't clue.

29 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

I did. What I got was one hit which had the random number I typed in (3454) and was from some site called www.iceagenow and the rest were various numbers from various places for various periods of time. I had one hit for Bulgaria, several hits for provinces of various countries, a hit for some counties in Texas and one for the county of Yorkshire in England. The time periods were for a number of days, that month or some other period. None of which proved or was even evidence of anything.

Let's not waste anymore time here it's okay to disagree with me I promise you I don't really care what you believe is solely up to you.

33 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

In other words you haven't clue.

Yup.....hence the term TBD listen if you just wanna argue I'm afraid you'll be disappointed friend.

8 hours ago, winny257 said:

No.  The chart I had uploaded is straight from the CDC's website.  If you look again, you'll see the chart I uploaded runs through yesterday.  The linkedin article stops in April.

As for the suicide deaths, I'd bet you a dollar to a doughnut that those suicide deaths have been counted as covid deaths due to the cash the hospitals can collect as 27X pointed out.

CDC website:  https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm

3 minutes ago, Tyrant99 said:

So who is overstating what exactly?

The excess numbers from the chart you posted are pretty much in line with what CDC is saying for total COVID deaths in USA:

Of course they are.  The chart I posted was directly from the CDC website.  I stated that right above the chart.   Case counts are irrelevant.  The deaths are the only statistic that means anything.   The problem is we know that the hospitals, who as 27X stated, have been listing car accident victims (among others) as covid deaths so they can collect the 5k the gov is paying out for that.  We also know that 30 to 40k of those deaths were completely preventable in New York and New Jersey.  Those two asshats for governors MANDATED that covid patients be sent to assisted living and nursing homes.  The precise place where the virus would do the most harm.  And the death tolls in the New England area states reflect this.  Pull those numbers out and now you are looking at numbers that are more in line with a bad flu season.  

Every death is tragic.  I don't dispute that.  But what we have done to the economy of the world will end up hurting society far deeper.  One has to balance the needs of the individual vs the needs of the country as a whole.