5 minutes ago, Kaunami said:

came back to take screenshots for my protection and come to find out the mod author deleted the whole conversation. ? why?

Just move on....it's over

The higher power do a cleanup of the thread when there's drama that shouldnt be in a thread

10 hours ago, ANGRYWOLVERINE said:

wow that is great news. 

You have made one of the best follower mods ever. Maybe the best one and you deserve our thanks. I look forward to playing it.

Thanks for the kind words. But I doubt it's the 'best' one. It's just a project that had 'a persons' heart and soul, and countless of hours of dedication, pored into.

But perhaps most of the work that goes into it, is the support parts.... Not just releasing a mod, but sticking around to support it, even years after.

2 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

I doubt it's the 'best' one.

Best is always subjective, yet I'll say with the recent involvement of others to help create and contribute to your baby, it shows you have the communities BEST interest at heart and this means more than anything.

1 hour ago, ghostfuck said:

Yea, i didn't actually know she disappeared till i went looking to update Ivy, apparently the one video left on Youtube from her says she suffered from depression or something.

I wish you luck in finding a replacement voice actor for Ivy.

Now I feel up to date on things and am ready to 'move on'. The new VA sounds solid as well, so I better get ready, and dust off my FO4, as I have stayed as far from spoilers as possible. I know Ivy has an intricate quest system, as well as a shit ton of magazines added instead of relying on the default ones. She will be the only companion I use, so seeing some blah blah about a multi-companion experience reminds me of "we will not negotiate with terrorists" failing miserably.

Thanks Reg. Holding fast!

Reginald_001, couldn't wait and downloaded v5.1 and am loving it (last version I played was v3.0 i think?)... will i have to start over with the release of v5.2 or can i simply remove v5.1 and install v5.2, load and play a saved game?

The above video made me think about your disclaimer that Ivy is a purely fictional character ?

Did you know: Everybody thinks that the word for companion in 'Companion Ivy' stands for 'Fallout 4 companion' but it does not.

It stands for the word 'Companion' as used in Firefly.

1-jPvets9gC3KtvMVm6YkWlQ.jpg.2ac1b500c70f0a0471b75e0a70bcec74.jpg

https://firefly.fandom.com/wiki/Companion's_Guild

A Companion is a skilled, well-educated and well-respected member of a guild of professional courtesans/entertainers, somewhat similar to oiran. While they do frequently engage in a form of state-sanctioned prostitution, they are nonetheless treated with a great deal of respect and deference by nearly everyone,though non-guild prostitutes are generally treated in the reverse, even if they are former Guild members.

So officially you could say 'Fallout 4 companion... Companion Ivy" but because that sounds weird, you just say 'Companion Ivy'.

Wow dosfox, impressive Settlement! And entertaining vid, I see you had fun with the NPC names :)

I don't (haven't as yet) really spent time on settlements so a few questions, thanks!

What Settlement mod do you use?

How do you manage to "expand" Red Rocket past its (vanilla) boundaries?

Loved the video screen... what is it?

What are you growing in the greenhouse? Which mod?

Fabulous boudoir on top of station.

Keep plugging away :)

21 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

A Companion is a skilled, well-educated and well-respected member of a guild of professional courtesans/entertainers, somewhat similar to oiran. While they do frequently engage in a form of state-sanctioned prostitution, they are nonetheless treated with a great deal of respect and deference by nearly everyone,though non-guild prostitutes are generally treated in the reverse, even if they are former Guild members.

I was going to say this sounds just like a Geisha until I looked it up. Well played! I also learned something new.....

14 hours ago, dosfox said:

What do you do while you're waiting for Ivy 5.2?

Install 195 mods.

Move into Red Rocket.

Make friends with Dog(meat).

Fix up the place.

Spawn in 16 settlers & 8 guests.

Turn Shenanigans up to 100% just to see what happens ...

Then do it all over again when new Ivy release comes.

1 hour ago, dosfox said:

Hi @Reginald_001

What is the position of Dogmeat with Ivy 5.2's new extra companion system? Does Dogmeat count as a companion? Do we need Everyone's Best Friend to have one extra companion + Dogmeat? Is it recommended to have Dogmeat as an extra companion at all? Thank you.

I'm pretty sure that v5.2 just corrects/adds to v5.1 so Dogmeat can be an additional companion [FO4 definition] without EBF (v5.1 allows this).

1 hour ago, dosfox said:

Hi @Reginald_001

What is the position of Dogmeat with Ivy 5.2's new extra companion system? Does Dogmeat count as a companion? Do we need Everyone's Best Friend to have one extra companion + Dogmeat? Is it recommended to have Dogmeat as an extra companion at all? Thank you.

Yes you need Everyone's Best Friend if you want to travel both with Dogmeat and Ivy.

If you do, in 5.2. Ivy recognizes this and will sometimes make a remark about the dog.

48 minutes ago, FO4Life said:

I'm pretty sure that v5.2 just corrects/adds to v5.1 so Dogmeat can be an additional companion [FO4 definition] without EBF (v5.1 allows this).

Nope, 5.2. will not have any kind of Multiple Companion system. That was tried but ultimately it turned out to be much simpler to make another mod called 'Reginalds Multi Follower Mod" which allows you 1 extra companion with near full functionality. That will be released after 5.2.

What *HAS* changed for 5.2 is that Ivy now recognizes it a little bit better when she is part of a bigger party. During magazine pickups, other companions will sometimes now be added to the scene and interact with Ivy as she speaks about picked up magazines.

RAM-FM is currently in Alpha and its download link can be found on The Ivy League Discord Channel < CLIIIIICCCK...