On 1/23/2020 at 6:32 AM, rockitten said:

Regarding the new multi-follower mod, would you please make it possible to have UNLIMITED follower please?

Yes, I am okay to have only the first few (like, first 5) to be "full functionality" , but I still want to blown-up the wasteland with my full army of hot chicks......

and what would that be I wonder ?

I assume that means someone is working on a multifollower mod that doesn't break Ivy.

There's Project Valkyrie and its companion mods. I assume those are off limits for the same reasons.

I have those installed but just started.  I will be in no hurry to get to those and see if anybody comes up with something while my character runs around doing random things with Ivy for the time being.

Hello very nice mod, i installed it and started a new game, everything went fine for many hours but at one moment i told her to wait while i was going underwater in Thickets mine.

After that as usual we are attacked by mirelurk and she got wasted so i stimpacked her.

Then i asked her to follow me again but no way. I can talk to her but at the end i'm stuck in dialogue and i have to force out by going away.

I can give her orders but she don't follow them, if i tell her to go to some place she makes a few steps and stop, just as she was stuck in a dialogue.

I don't have AFT and everything went perfectly fine for a long while.

I tried to deactivate the mod, load save quit and reactivate, then she is in the cave again and i can restart her quest, but i would loose a lot of progress white her of course.

Do you have a idea to unlock her, it would be great !

8 hours ago, ANGRYWOLVERINE said:

and what would that be I wonder ?

I assume that means someone is working on a multifollower mod that doesn't break Ivy.

There's Project Valkyrie and its companion mods. I assume those are off limits for the same reasons.

I have those installed but just started.  I will be in no hurry to get to those and see if anybody comes up with something while my character runs around doing random things with Ivy for the time being.

What I mean is that, either making Ivy using a stand-alone follower script that DO NOT occupy the vanilla follower slot, just like Heater does. Or make the follower script open for more than two (Ivy + extra)  follower........

A "multiple" follower script for just 2 follower doesn't really attractive.

2 hours ago, rockitten said:

What I mean is that, either making Ivy using a stand-alone follower script that DO NOT occupy the vanilla follower slot, just like Heater does. Or make the follower script open for more than two (Ivy + extra)  follower........

Fucking people ... never happy. I'll just say what Reginald is too kind to say.

Ivy's first release two years ago is TTS = not good enough for you.

Ivy reverts to TTS now because Chic's gone and having her voice interspersed with 1000s of new TTS lines = not good enough for you.

Ivy doesn't work properly with dialogue changing mods = not good enough for you.

Ivy doesn't work properly in multi-follower setups = not good enough for you.

Retweak some of her code to make her less likely to break in a multi-follower setup = not good enough for you.

Create the ability to have Ivy + one extra quest companion = not good enough for you.

Do you ever stop and think you are asking for way more than you have any fucking right to ask?

Do you ever stop and think that maybe your inclusion in the less than 5% comes across as whiny entitlement when you moan and complain and make "suggestions"?

Do you ever stop and think just how much of an asshole that makes you look?

Grow up, wipe the sand out of your vaginas and be grateful with what you are being given. For free, for over two years. Or just move to something else.

5 hours ago, Flycrusher said:

Hello very nice mod, i installed it and started a new game, everything went fine for many hours but at one moment i told her to wait while i was going underwater in Thickets mine.

After that as usual we are attacked by mirelurk and she got wasted so i stimpacked her.

Then i asked her to follow me again but no way. I can talk to her but at the end i'm stuck in dialogue and i have to force out by going away.

I can give her orders but she don't follow them, if i tell her to go to some place she makes a few steps and stop, just as she was stuck in a dialogue.

I don't have AFT and everything went perfectly fine for a long while.

I tried to deactivate the mod, load save quit and reactivate, then she is in the cave again and i can restart her quest, but i would loose a lot of progress white her of course.

Do you have a idea to unlock her, it would be great !

load save before the removal. Open console and click on Ivy. type "kill" let her bleed out play and try again, If that doesn't work. Open console, click on Ivy. Type "disable" close console. Open Console type "enable" see if that works

Unrelated What @Flashy (JoeR) said is on freckin POINT Thumbs up and Metal Horns all the way

1 hour ago, kchurchjr said:

load save before the removal. Open console and click on Ivy. type "kill" let her bleed out play and try again, If that doesn't work. Open console, click on Ivy. Type "disable" close console. Open Console type "enable" see if that works

Unrelated What @Flashy (JoeR) said is on freckin POINT Thumbs up and Metal Horns all the way

Just as an FYI: I had a similar issue with Ivy getting stuck on a road and not walking to follow me. The disable / enable did not work but I didn't try the kill option. (I did in the end start again with her as I was not that long into a new game and she's been fine since)

6 hours ago, rockitten said:

The problems are very much of a technical nature, and how Ivy is currently built up. What you are suggesting isn't only technically a major challenge (though doable) it's also a content-wise challenge. In most quests Ivy integrates using the Companion Quest alias, which is hooked into scenes directly. Many of the vanilla quests were altered to include Ivy. We are speaking hundreds nay thousands of lines of dialogue. All of these dialogue lines have something which is called a conditional. These conditionals currently count on Ivy being the main companion in the folllowers script, which is the vanilla quest for Regular 'normal/vanilla' companions.

It looks like this in the CK, you can see in the line of dialogue that it should be the Companion alias, and the Actor should be IVY. Functionally this means: Ivy must be in the main companion slot for this to work:

image.thumb.png.102c3056e08dd8a4c47b36bf2c5cb412.png

Some of Ivy's functionality, before 5.0, used to rely on the vanilla followers quest (which governs vanilla/normal companions) and Ivy actually altered that vanilla follower quest, which introduced incompatibilities with multiple companion frameworks. These alterations have all been removed in 5.0 and most (if not all) of her special functionality relies on quests outside these vanilla objects. E.g. 90% of Ivy is already 'outside of the companion framework'.

The technical challenge is that all the quests need to be altered, an alias for Ivy would need to be added, then all lines with conditionals would have to be changed. We are speaking about hundreds of extra hours of development (if not a couple of thousand hours)... ONLY to make Ivy a bit more compatible with Multi Companion frameworks.

But there are more challenges. Because if Ivy is now a second follower, next to the normal vanilla companions, how should she react in the quests? Should she come BEFORE a regular companion interjects? After? And how should she react then to those companions? Content wise it introduces a myriad of challenges and ways that could make it seem like lines were delivered incorrectly, depending on which other companions are there.

So I do have one other option, just cut all that content out and then.. Yes Ivy is 100% compatible.

But that is exactly the same outcome as users using a multi follower mod like UCF, which subsequently kills most of Ivy's quest integration and perhaps some of her finest moments.

I hope this explains a bit more how extremely difficult what you propose is.

I've tried to make it very clear to everyone in general that Ivy is more than just another companion you pick up to use in a troupe of followers. She is just not that kind of mod, she is DLC sized content. And if you do use her for 'cannon-fodder' purposes (for a lack of a better word), then @kchurchjr's comparison was great, in that regard.

With just 1 extra follower both Ivy and that extra follower can still get their own time in the spotlight, to expose their content to the player. With more, it really completely defeats the purpose of having Ivy as companion, and many other simpler companions would be a far greater choice.

If you want to run with many companions... then Ivy's SCRIPT impact on performance alone should deter you from wanting her as companion,

I mean, her AI is more intricate than the scripts running for 10 other vanilla companions (just a wild guess, could be less, could be more)... So think of your CPU!!

3 hours ago, kchurchjr said:

Thanks for your answer, i have saves of course from two houres before so i reloaded that same and it's ok now, but i asked because if it happens once it can happen again.

I make mods myself so i tried everything i know with the console to try to unlock her, by disabling and enabling her AI, recycle actor, ressurect and so on, but each time the problem stayed.

It's not really a problem for me, i was just curious to know i f someone had a quick solution that i'm not aware of.

Great mod by the way, a lot of work especially in the dialogues !

I have done some mods with some dialogues and i know that it's not so easy to achieve, it can be a pain in the ass, but with Ivy a pain in the ass is a real pleasure!

By the way after that problem solved i tried with a little simple mod that allow multiple followers and it works with Ivy, i have tested with 5 followers plus Dogmeat for three houres and no problems at all.

I don't know why i had that bug, it seems that a conversation was interrupted and Ivy got stuk in it. I could talk to her, but not access her inventory, all orders i send to her were ignored, i just saw her nod her head just as if she wanted to say no or make a comment but nothing happened. I guess that the invisible man was fingering her or something like !!

11 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Ivy reverts to TTS now because Chic's gone and having her voice interspersed with 1000s of new TTS lines = not good enough for you.

Ivy doesn't work properly with dialogue changing mods = not good enough for you.

Retweak some of her code to make her less likely to break in a multi-follower setup = not good enough for you.

Create the ability to have Ivy + one extra quest companion = not good enough for you.

Do you ever stop and think you are asking for way more than you have any fucking right to ask?

Do you ever stop and think that maybe your inclusion in the less than 5% comes across as whiny entitlement when you moan and complain and make "suggestions"?

Grow up, wipe the sand out of your vaginas and be grateful with what you are being given. For free, for over two years. Or just move to something else.

Hello.  A couple of things.  First, I am using Ivy 5.1 and I love it.  Second, she works perfectly and although Chick's voice was okay, I still like the TTS(?) synth voice.  Third, I can use her with Dog(meat) without any problem and once I dumped all the conflicting mods she works perfectly!  I want to say, I appreciate the efforts of the mod authors and even more, I appreciate the willingness of the mod authors (you too Joe) to help those of us who don't mod but use them.  Having said all that, I will occasionally ask an author if they have a plan for this or did they think of that, but if I am reading, such as what Reginald has said over and over (about companion mods) I won't ask if he is going to make a companion patch.  Thank you all for your work and devotion.  You have made my game much better.  Philip

Against my better judgerment I post this lol...

Agree in part people are never satisfied.

However mod makers make mods for themselves as well as others , that  "feeling of pride and accomplishment" thing that EA abused and misused.

That and hearing people's gratitude if they give it has to make a person feel good inside.

There are some people who like to have large groups of followers.Their own private harem.

While it would be nice to have Ivy function as part of such a group the mod author of course is under no obligation to make it happen.

If he chooses to fine.If he doesn't fine.He still; deserves credit for his efforts.

I am happy to give it.

Other people may choose to not use the mod if it inconveniences them, do multiple playthroughs, some with and without her, or try to find out enough about modding to make your own mod or patch that will allow you to use a multifollower mod.

Que ser sera.

Thank you @Flashy (JoeR)

1 hour ago, reconphil said:

Hello.  A couple of things.  First, I am using Ivy 5.1 and I love it.  Second, she works perfectly and although Chick's voice was okay, I still like the TTS(?) synth voice.  Third, I can use her with Dog(meat) without any problem and once I dumped all the conflicting mods she works perfectly!  I want to say, I appreciate the efforts of the mod authors and even more, I appreciate the willingness of the mod authors (you too Joe) to help those of us who don't mod but use them.  Having said all that, I will occasionally ask an author if they have a plan for this or did they think of that, but if I am reading, such as what Reginald has said over and over (about companion mods) I won't ask if he is going to make a companion patch.  Thank you all for your work and devotion.  You have made my game much better.  Philip

You are always a gentleman Phil, never a doubt in my mind.

I shouldn't have worded it to reflect everyone as a whole (Id just woken up, 5am, bitchy, needing a vacation, India sounds great! Time to go!) - there is a line between being someone who asks genuine questions, is a long time user of the mod, so many small things, that separates users, if you know what I mean? As a long time Ivy user AND a longtime LL member, you know the divide between someone who is genuine in their questions, suggestions and requests. And then there are those posts where you read them and you're just like, "is this person for fucking real?". You know?

Been too many "are they fucking for real" people lately, people who feel that we, mod authors, are their personal monkeys, dancing to every little tune they grind out ... but you, and a lot of others on the site as well, are simply not lumped into that group. Hope you weren't taking it personally in any way. The ones it was intended for, they know precisely who they are (or they aren't really sure at all and that should confirm it for them right there). And of course, the ones it in no way could every possibly include, they know exactly who they are, without a doubt.

For Reginald's part, he won't tell you the conundrum he put himself in, trying to appease the cry baby AFT users. He won't tell you how deeply it actually affected him to think he'd have to cripple Ivy just to give those 5% of people what they wouldn't shut the fuck up about. But I do. I know. The demands were so heavy that it was heart breaking. And no, he won't tell you that. Just so the 5% could stop complaining, stop whining, just to make people happy, he was willing to cripple Ivy in a way that made her into something completely unrecognizable, alien even. Nothing better than a Cait or a Piper. Thank the fuck he got talked off the ledge and decided to come at it from a different tact (which is more than I wouldve done for the whiners - my response wouldve been a solid fuck you, let me code in some stuff to permanently fuck up your game if you use AFT and my companion).

Most people that drop in and post once or twice, with their sniveling shit, they have no idea of the history, of the personal intimacy that goes into crafting this person - because regardless of it being a construct on a computer, it is an embodiment, something we creators see as a living breathing thing. Something that it would destroy us to see it misused or broken by others and even more, how it would feel like an utter betrayal to alter them in any way that removes 90% of who and what they are. It would be like pulling the plug of life support on someone you genuinely care about.

And yet, for that sniveling 5%, he almost did that. And it fucking bothered me on a level I can't put into words - though I surely have and did - and right here, this morning, to see that person moaning that what Reg was doing to try to meet their request to some measure without crippling his creation? That was the fucking straw...

Like I said, Reg won't say these things and there are things that he simply will not do. Me? I am cold and dead inside. I don't feel the same restraint or compunction to be polite. Not any more. Someone saw fit to turn me into that. Mission accomplished. Hope you like what you created.

But again, you Phil and many others who we all know (I mean, we mod authors all know who the good, respectful and grateful people are), you're awesome.

The sniveling entitled pricks? If they were dying of dehydration in a desert, I wouldn't even let them lick the sweat off the back of my balls and asscrack to keep'em alive.

52 minutes ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

You are always a gentleman Phil, never a doubt in my mind.

I shouldn't have worded it to reflect everyone as a whole (Id just woken up, 5am, bitchy, needing a vacation, India sounds great! Time to go!) - there is a line between being someone who asks genuine questions, is a long time user of the mod, so many small things, that separates users, if you know what I mean? As a long time Ivy user AND a longtime LL member, you know the divide between someone who is genuine in their questions, suggestions and requests. And then there are those posts where you read them and you're just like, "is this person for fucking real?". You know?

Been too many "are they fucking for real" people lately, people who feel that we, mod authors, are their personal monkeys, dancing to every little tune they grind out ... but you, and a lot of others on the site as well, are simply not lumped into that group. Hope you weren't taking it personally in any way. The ones it was intended for, they know precisely who they are (or they aren't really sure at all and that should confirm it for them right there). And of course, the ones it in no way could every possibly include, they know exactly who they are, without a doubt.

For Reginald's part, he won't tell you the conundrum he put himself in, trying to appease the cry baby AFT users. He won't tell you how deeply it actually affected him to think he'd have to cripple Ivy just to give those 5% of people what they wouldn't shut the fuck up about. But I do. I know. The demands were so heavy that it was heart breaking. And no, he won't tell you that. Just so the 5% could stop complaining, stop whining, just to make people happy, he was willing to cripple Ivy in a way that made her into something completely unrecognizable, alien even. Nothing better than a Cait or a Piper. Thank the fuck he got talked off the ledge and decided to come at it from a different tact (which is more than I wouldve done for the whiners - my response wouldve been a solid fuck you, let me code in some stuff to permanently fuck up your game if you use AFT and my companion).

Most people that drop in and post once or twice, with their sniveling shit, they have no idea of the history, of the personal intimacy that goes into crafting this person - because regardless of it being a construct on a computer, it is an embodiment, something we creators see as a living breathing thing. Something that it would destroy us to see it misused or broken by others and even more, how it would feel like an utter betrayal to alter them in any way that removes 90% of who and what they are. It would be like pulling the plug of life support on someone you genuinely care about.

And yet, for that sniveling 5%, he almost did that. And it fucking bothered me on a level I can't put into words - though I surely have and did - and right here, this morning, that person moaning that what Reg was doing to try to meet their request to some measure without crippling his creation? That was the fucking straw...

Like I said, Reg won't say these things and there are things that he simply will not do. Me? I am cold and dead inside. I don't feel the same restraint or compunction to be polite.

But again, you Phil and many others who we all know (I mean, we all know who the good and respectful and grateful people are), you're awesome.

The sniveling shit eating entitled pricks? If they were dying of dehydration in a desert, I wouldn't even let them lick the sweat of the back of balls and asscrack to keep'em alive.

I am beginning to have your opinions as well especially since the more recent mods I released (which are vastly more simpler than Ivy)

I had feedback like "Why doesn't work?" so I gave instructions to activate it all in Armor workbench then responded with "ring don't work" then later on "im using "vulpune race" mod, can he conflict?" (I believe that the time, I made it clear that CBBE & Fusion Girl were only ones supported)

then everyone wants their own body type supported (Vulpune(?), animerace, Cherry Hotalings  CHCBBEP ( Physics ), and whatever else people want and didn't tell me)

so I gave instructions if they want a body type supported (no one has responded yet(but it only been a couple of days)

On 1/29/2020 at 11:36 AM, Invictaxe said:

this idea works. this allows you to select your body type in the armor workbench and it should work

therefore because people has been asking for different body types. (and I AM NOT GOING TO CHASE BODY TYPES AROUND)

so if you want a certain body type in this mod or my other recent morphing mod.

this is what you do

1. Name of Body Type (such as CBBE)

2a. Slider name 01

2b. Slider name 02

2c. Slider name 03

2d. Slider name 04

I would prefer it if you can post something like this (Located here \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Tools\BodySlide\SliderCategories)

<Slider name="Boobs Yuge" displayname="Breast Size (Larger)" />

Here is an example

1. Fusion Girl

2a. <Slider name="Boobs Yuge" displayname="Breast Size (Larger)" />"

2b. <Slider name="Bum Chubby" displayname="Butt Fatness" />

2c. "" (they don't have to be filled)

2d. ""

and I AM NOT GOING TO CHASE BODY TYPES AROUND the internet

btw I am possibly just venting

also the biggest complain (that really Pisses me off) is the constant "it doesn't change shape" or "it doesn't get bigger" in both my threads and Family Planning Enhanced threads

15 hours ago, rockitten said:

You mean it's not attractive to you. Is anyone twisting your arm to make you download and play with Ivy? Yet here you are throwing stones, near demanding that Reg cripple his creation so you can run around with a brain dead harem to use as cannon fodder. Fuck no and fuck you for even saying that. Ivy is not a simple brain dead follower. She's a companion with a ton of depth and an intricate backstory that your ilk could never understand nor appreciate.

Oops. Just saw Flashy burned this clown. *snicker* Tell us how you really feel.

OK, Let's all just chill and simmer down for a moment. Smoke em it you got em (I'm quitting smoking) and take a shot or swig ( I also quite drinking) but chill out in your way. Although aggressive, I 200% agree with @Flashy (JoeR) Like 300%, My comments on the same thought are since gone due to Moderator purge. There are legit Valid statements there.  I too have felt that exact frustration, as a user and during support (see my sig by @Runco990 ) SO, I'll try to respond in kind. 

@reconphil My man, @Flashy (JoeR) said it better than I, you are a gentleman and a scholar. But please never confuse "suggestion"  the for "bitching" there is a vast difference.

@ANGRYWOLVERINE very well spoken, I agree to a point. @Reginald_001 is alway been humble over Ivy save for some deleted moments. But those were well earned. a MA can only do so much like @Invictaxe vioced. When Reg even brought up multi peep mods, folks went apeshit.

And it's still in the works. so those folks can chill a little. You want a custom VA or more peeps, he's only one man working on off time for free. he doesn't owe us anything. MA's dont owe us anything. free game improvements for fuckin free people. 

FREE!!!

LOL @Rampdog SAME mah bro (broette?) I've played through FO4 MANY times, some without ivy (WITCHCRAFT!!!) to play other mods too.

@thatcatcameback maybe soon with 1 vanilla peep, is in the works.

End of the day, TLDR they are mods, Made by users for free, for you to enjoy if it's your thing. They dont owe you anything, they never have and never will. They should be thanked for their efforts on making our games better, I'm not just talking Ivy or CaP here, just in general all.

thousands of mods and millions of users. Just ya know, " be excellent to each other" 

/endrant

21 minutes ago, kchurchjr said:

@thatcatcameback you're are very welcome.

*opens door "and one more thing!"

Seriously, check the title of the forum. This is Ivy's space. If you're not here to add to or over all improve the experience. Then please alt+tab or alt+for out (psst. Close the page)

yeah, sorry about that. I was just inspired by what @Flashy (JoeR)  said about toxic opinions and I thought I might rant here because someone might pay attention here.

I love companion Ivy and I don't want @Reginald_001 to lose his spirit and give up because of toxic people.

7 hours ago, Invictaxe said:

yeah, sorry about that. I was just inspired by what @Flashy (JoeR)  said about toxic opinions and I thought I might rant here because someone might pay attention here.

I love companion Ivy and I don't want @Reginald_001 to lose his spirit and give up because of toxic people.

Same goes for me. Ivy's forum has been awesome enough for me to slowly come out of my shell with out trolls and the like. We mostly ignore and delete the toxic people here

11 hours ago, thatcatcameback said:

So, this means that Ivy can be played alongside -say Codsworth or Dogmeat while just wandering the wasteland? Will Ivy auto dismiss herself if you were to include a mod added follower in addition to the one freebie? Just want to clarify this for myself.

If what I read is correct (and my experience) Ivy will work with Dog(meat) alone.  No other companions.  If you have a mod that allows it and you load any other companion than Dog(meat) it messes up Ivy's dialog and behavior.  Since my last new game start I have only played with Ivy and the dog; I have had no problems and Ivy interacts very well.  Her AI is better than any NPC in the game.  Just Ivy and the dog.

39 minutes ago, reconphil said:

If what I read is correct (and my experience) Ivy will work with Dog(meat) alone.  No other companions.  If you have a mod that allows it and you load any other companion than Dog(meat) it messes up Ivy's dialog and behavior.  Since my last new game start I have only played with Ivy and the dog; I have had no problems and Ivy interacts very well.  Her AI is better than any NPC in the game.  Just Ivy and the dog.

Things are in the works from Reginald to release a special "multi-follower" addon for Ivy that will allow you to use Ivy + another companion, so you could, for example, take Nick to Far Harbor to do all of those quests all while having Ivy along too. Not sure if EBF (dogmeat mod) allows for him to be added to that (or if companions like Heather can also be added), but at minimum, Ivy +1, possibly Ivy+3 (dog + Heather + another vanilla comp).

10 hours ago, Invictaxe said:

...I love companion Ivy and I don't want @Reginald_001 to lose his spirit and give up because of toxic people.

I am very much in my own little bubble, just enjoying the creation of Ivy and seeing how she is evolving. She has become something far greater than me. And working with the new VA to establish her character like this is something.. it's just going to blow minds so very much. It's those things, those interactions that I get my energy from.

I basically have a lonely and hard and difficult life. There is divorce, heartbreak, very (extremely) hard business work, like 60+ hours a week (but that's died down luckily) and all sorts of other challenges and that's why I've modded for 20 years now, my first mods released were for Duke Nukem 3D in the 90's and I've re-invented my nick several times to purge myself from certain communities, learning all the while how to exist as modder within a community.

There are 2 golden rules which makes it so a person mods for 20+ years:

1) Make mods that YOU want to play and ONLY care about what you want to see in them. I am making a multi follower mod, but the only reason is that I hate dismissing Ivy so I can take ADA into the mechanist lair. So that's the problem I'm tackling with that mod and while I'm at it, I might as well allow other companions to be tackled. But the basis of my modding experience is completely selfish, I mod to escape my harsh reality (and defeat my own nihilistic tendencies in the process) and I mod so I have an environment where *I* decide what reality is.

2) Ignore anything negative when it's posted, report to mods when it crosses the line.

I basically willfully ignore anything negative. There's nothing in it for me. And I've learned about 7 years ago that happiness does not exist at all.. it's a false concept and should not be strived for. Contentment is when you plan your life realistically and make those plans happen, that's where meaning comes from. And to do that you need to focus your energy only on things that give you energy in return. So by the time I'm at the second line.. I skip to the next post if it was negative. And if I see stuff like 'fuck' or 'cunt' I just go to the report button and a few moments later the post is deleted. My energy saved, contentment reached. :) 

So no worries at all about giving up due to toxic ideas.

Also, I believe very much in the "stupid is, stupid does" theory. Many requests that can be construed even as insulting sometimes are often born from ignorance, not malice. It's important to recognize that as well.

25 minutes ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Things are in the works from Reginald to release a special "multi-follower" addon for Ivy that will allow you to use Ivy + another companion, so you could, for example, take Nick to Far Harbor to do all of those quests all while having Ivy along too. Not sure if EBF (dogmeat mod) allows for him to be added to that (or if companions like Heather can also be added), but at minimum, Ivy +1, possibly Ivy+3 (dog + Heather + another vanilla comp).

The mod I'm working on (RAM-FM) allows for one extra companion slot to be filled to travel with. Players can choose a primary and secondary companion and I'm working on a smart mechanism where the main companion slot is automatically switched in the background so that for players; companions interact seamlessly in their quests.

Players can then use that mod to recruit Ivy (or another custom companion they love, the mod is not exclusive to Ivy, it will just be the only multi follower mod supported by Ivy) as prime companion and any other available companion as secondary companion.

At one point I was traveling with Dogmeat, Nick, Darryl*, Ivy and Heather, using just the 'Mans best friend' mod (always forget the name lol) and the current alpha version of RAM-FM.

*Darryl is the new companion I am working on for The Extended Lore Project.