11 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

Development Update

Working hard and rigorously on Ivy 5.2. to get it ready. It WILL be shipped this week to testers and released shortly after that, if no major issues pop up that is.

Also there are streams DAILY on the Open Streams channel on the Ivy discord!

https://discord.gg/xEhjxxE

image.png.9df4a2964febd81027cde96c037d5b98.png

I'm sure you've already said it, but my dementia is taking hold. Will 5.2 require a clean save and/or new game?

This was, in fact, brought up some time ago in this thread, but is the secondary mod that is supposed to allow Ivy to coexist with other companions still a thing? If yes, is there any sort of information about it? Like, if its gona appear any time soon? I cant even reckon how many times I had to stop myself from having an in-game gorgeous harem because of one single thought - "Ivy wont like that one bit..." ?

10 hours ago, zloiiojik said:

This was, in fact, brought up some time ago in this thread, but is the secondary mod that is supposed to allow Ivy to coexist with other companions still a thing? If yes, is there any sort of information about it? Like, if its gona appear any time soon? I cant even reckon how many times I had to stop myself from having an in-game gorgeous harem because of one single thought - "Ivy wont like that one bit..." ?

RAM-FM is under development still. But it's... coming. Just need to do lots more testing with different companions. :)

7 hours ago, dosfox said:

@Reginald_001

You also mentioned that you had made a utility to make NPCs flee a certain distance from the player while in build mode. Will that be part of Ivy 5.2 or might you release it here as a separate mod?

That will be the normal package for the secondary follower while they are actively recruited through the mod.

so...what exactly is the reason behind not running A.F.T with ivy? As I am typing this, I want to say I also saw something about not running m.c.g with ivy as well but I am not sure. The reason I ask is because I decided to start a completely fresh, clean as daylight, play through to test this companion mod out and since both a.f.t and m.c.g just so happen to be stable mods for me, I decided to test this companion out with both obviously. So far, I've come across no issues what-so-ever. And I am also having another companion from another mod travelling with me and ivy and still -- things are as peachy as ever. But, I can't get the thought of that big orange banner saying "don't run with A.F.T" out of my head, so I just gotta ask, why? As someone who finds A.F.T to be THE MOST useful follower/multi follower mod available at current, I'm just searching and actually TRYING to find out in - game what happens if I do. I hadn't managed to cause any bugs or anything i'm aware of, and again -- I'm actually trying to find bugs with the two mods interacting. I even had ivy bring me my power armor, loot areas, and etc. still nothing.

I do have a more important question though. Are there any in-game hints on where the magazines are located? cuuuuz I've only come across one.... and I've already discovered just over half of the commonwealth at lv 14.....so....there's that.....

1 hour ago, Kaunami said:

@kchurchjr what about the magazines though? ivy won't shut up about those and I've yet to come across another :v are there any hints on their locations? or is it like that one arguably bad -- arguably good m16 mod?

I would suggest you aren't looking hard enough. The magazines can be hard to find but not impossible. A simple run through won't get them or rarely will. You need to look everywhere to include duffle bags, black metal boxes, safes,  mailboxes, and even dumpsters. Much depends on the game also. In my first play through I found almost all the magazines fairly easily. On my second they've been a bitch to find.

Dosfox;

Thank you very much for the detailed tour of Ivy's place and bunker. My sole survivor always makes room for Ivy in his life but never to the degree you're showcasing here. Wow. Good work! That radio station set is especially appropriate.

Kaunami;

I was running AFT when I came across references in a Nexus forum to this mod called Insane Ivy and decided to track it down. Everything seemed to work fine and, not being active in the LL forums, I hadn't heard you should never run Ivy with AFT. Since everything seemed to work I never had a reason to look deeper until a new version of Ivy became available . At that point I reinstalled my game to cure some weirdness, didn't load AFT (I only load the mod for the opportunity to rescue Nora) but did load Ivy.

Oh my! 

Ivy without AFT is always chatting me up on a variety of subjects and almost always in this Toy Story way that makes you suspect she's far more sentient that she should be. The mod is immersive, she is delightful and now I don't use AFT because it would detract from the immersion of it all. I'm not a mod author so I lack the technical expertise to explain it properly but ... I think of Ivy as complex. Intricate. Almost delicate at least psychologically. AFT is the mod equivalent of the abusive customer that needs to be tracked down then put down.

I sometimes miss that built-in option of rescuing Nora that comes with AFT but not enough that I'm willing to uninstall Ivy. My survivor sometimes wanders with another companion for a time but Ivy isn't the jealous type. He always comes back to her. 

Besides her comments on the Railroad are hilarious. I appreciate her perspective recognizes the nobility of the Railroad mission while not overlooking the stupid things they sometimes do.

?

12 hours ago, Doctor Steam said:

Dosfox;

Thank you very much for the detailed tour of Ivy's place and bunker. My sole survivor always makes room for Ivy in his life but never to the degree you're showcasing here. Wow. Good work! That radio station set is especially appropriate.

Kaunami;

I was running AFT when I came across references in a Nexus forum to this mod called Insane Ivy and decided to track it down. Everything seemed to work fine and, not being active in the LL forums, I hadn't heard you should never run Ivy with AFT. Since everything seemed to work I never had a reason to look deeper until a new version of Ivy became available . At that point I reinstalled my game to cure some weirdness, didn't load AFT (I only load the mod for the opportunity to rescue Nora) but did load Ivy.

Oh my! 

Ivy without AFT is always chatting me up on a variety of subjects and almost always in this Toy Story way that makes you suspect she's far more sentient that she should be. The mod is immersive, she is delightful and now I don't use AFT because it would detract from the immersion of it all. I'm not a mod author so I lack the technical expertise to explain it properly but ... I think of Ivy as complex. Intricate. Almost delicate at least psychologically. AFT is the mod equivalent of the abusive customer that needs to be tracked down then put down.

I sometimes miss that built-in option of rescuing Nora that comes with AFT but not enough that I'm willing to uninstall Ivy. My survivor sometimes wanders with another companion for a time but Ivy isn't the jealous type. He always comes back to her. 

Besides her comments on the Railroad are hilarious. I appreciate her perspective recognizes the nobility of the Railroad mission while not overlooking the stupid things they sometimes do.

?

in terms of chatting, i'm still running AFT as I am still on the fence about it and my ivy never shuts up -- I don't mind though she's kinda funny at times, kinda weird in other times. it is a serious stable mod for me. With that being said, I've gotten her quests and read the in game lore about her, did her missions etc.  I'm most literally about to scope down the institute for the millionth time and its felt like a unique playthrough with ivy and heather rolling around with me. If I bother to do another test run playthrough I will see if anything changes without AFT as I do not need it to have heather with me and ivy due to heather not necessarily being "considered" a companion when she is travelling with me. However, from what I've gathered, I've been getting the full ivy experience with AFT.

P.S. - the shyt she says to danse is amazingly funny. 

17 hours ago, Rampdog said:

I would suggest you aren't looking hard enough. The magazines can be hard to find but not impossible. A simple run through won't get them or rarely will. You need to look everywhere to include duffle bags, black metal boxes, safes,  mailboxes, and even dumpsters. Much depends on the game also. In my first play through I found almost all the magazines fairly easily. On my second they've been a bitch to find.

I've looted every container in every building I've been in. This isn't my first playthrough and i'm a natural scavver. The plugin for the magazines addon is installed correctly, placed in load order correctly and the esp is indeed enabled. I've only come across one magazine and as stated above, i'm already almost done with the main game's playthrough. And yes I have all dlc's however that doesn't matter.

the only other option is to simply use ESP explorer and get all the magazines the minute I  get ivy in a future playthrough. 

2 hours ago, Kaunami said:

in terms of chatting, i'm still running AFT as I am still on the fence about it and my ivy never shuts up -- I don't mind though she's kinda funny at times, kinda weird in other times. it is a serious stable mod for me.  

Ah!

I understand now why you brought it up. I've heard a couple of people here and there say similar things but my personal experiences have been different. That these mods - and likely combinations of these mods - 'break' Ivy to some extent. I'm a little jealous of your luck.

?

So this mod is amazing I like it.

But somehow I can't talk to ivy anymore. 

It used to work fine. But somehow now I can trade and command her but when I select talk nothing happens....

Someone knows what that could be or how to fix it? 

The rest works perfectly fine

For all those reading!!!!

at the start of "Into the Deep" Ivy's Quest she. Will. Not. Speak>

This is part of the quest. I'm not picking on any single user, I've just dealt with Ivy's "Voice Issue" enough that I want this CLEAR

(Also, can we limit posts to one per area please? helps with the copy/paste, you all rock)

15 hours ago, kchurchjr said:

For all those reading!!!!

at the start of "Into the Deep" Ivy's Quest she. Will. Not. Speak>

This is part of the quest. I'm not picking on any single user, I've just dealt with Ivy's "Voice Issue" enough that I want this CLEAR

(Also, can we limit posts to one per area please? helps with the copy/paste, you all rock)

that was a very interesting mission. all the "little things" -cough cough- made it a bit irritating though. but very nice, gave me skyrim vibes

Just out of curiosity, is there a walkthrough of Ivy's missions?  we stopped by a bunker up in the northern part of the map and she seemed to download something and unlock apportion of her programming.  Very cool touch on this companion design.  I want to see more of those and was wondering if anyone unlocked more cool dialog options like this. Also how do you change her hair?  Sorry about the dumb questions, I'm very impressed by this Mod.

53 minutes ago, Filraen34 said:

Just out of curiosity, is there a walkthrough of Ivy's missions?  we stopped by a bunker up in the northern part of the map and she seemed to download something and unlock apportion of her programming.  Very cool touch on this companion design.  I want to see more of those and was wondering if anyone unlocked more cool dialog options like this. Also how do you change her hair?  Sorry about the dumb questions, I'm very impressed by this Mod.

You should check out the Walkthroughs & Gameplay Help section. :)

For changing Ivy's hair, see the instructions here:

DEVELOPMENT UPDATE + ANNOUNCEMENTS

What a weird place our world is in currently.

As life as we know it is changing around us and more and more are living an isolated existence, development on Ivy has become even more important to me and I make sure to work on her every day I can. The 5.2 build has been finished and a teaser trailer with the new Voice Actress is in the works (and it's looking great) all to provide you with the much needed escapism we all so crave during this difficult time.

I can't promise that anything will be easy, in the coming months, for any of us.

But I can promise that Ivy will keep going as long as I keep going. ❤️

5.2 will be released as soon as the test team gives the OK!

ScreenShot1373.png.ef5d6700a83a6c8210a8488ffbba61dc.png

More info on this blog page:

Great job! Really enjoyed previous version of Ivy. Tried to download the newer version and kept getting a file moved or deleted error for the larger second file

CompanionIvy5_1.z01

I'll hold off updating until you release 5.2 since it is so close to being released! :)