Tools you'll need:

Unzip the mod if it is a zip/rar/etc, and if it comes with a BSA, unpack that with BAE. 

(Note: If the BSA only has scripts, you can skip this step.)

Go into the Meshes folder, and move the head meshes somewhere else.

(Data->Meshes->Actors->Character->FaceGenData->Facegeom)

Open SSE Nif Optimizer and Browse to the mod's folder. At the bottom right there is a bubble for SSE and LE. Check LE, then hit Optimize.

Now Browse to where you moved the head meshes, and in the Options section check the box for Head Parts Only. Click Optimize again, then move the head meshes back into the mod's folder.

[Optional] Nifskope cannot open SSE files, so the fastest way to test your new files is to try and open them. If they look fine, great! If they give you an error, look broken, or are empty, something went wrong.

Install the esp/esm file(s) and Load them with the Creation Kit. Make any small change and undo it so it will let you Save. (I change an Actor's name, then change it back). After saving, load the esp in TES5Edit and remove the small change. (Even though we undid it, the game will still see it and it might cause problems for other mods).

• If you use any mod managers, put the esp/esm back into the mod's folder and rezip it, then install that however you normally would.
  • If you install manually, just dump the rest of the files into your Data folder.

Now start the game and test it out! 

Most texture will be fine, but if they are purple (but not missing) or very broken looking, you will need to convert them. Find the problem texture(s) and move them somewhere easy like you desktop, then open them with PAINT.NET. Save them as .png, then Open the .png file and resave it as .dds.

[Optional] Like Nifskope, GIMP cannot open SSE files. You can convert your .png's in GIMP, or just open your new .dds's to make sure they work. If GIMP can open the .dds, then LE Skyrim can, too.

Extra Notes:

-Scripts do not need any converting, they are fine as-is.

-Some followers will have a problem with their faces. I haven't found a way to fix them yet. 

-If the mod uses ESL or ESPL files, I've never tried those, but here is a tutorial that may help: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/21289

Thanks so much for this guide!  I've tried following these steps to convert  an arbitrary SE follower mod to LE, but it seems somewhat tempermental.  I would love to learn what the difference actually is between LE and SE meshes to the extent that I could do it manually if NifOptimizer fails.  Do you know of any resources or info that might point me in the right direction?

• 2 weeks later...

if I want to convert a BHUNP bodyslide armor from skyrim SE to LE, do I need to make some manual changes, in addition to using Cathedral Assets Optimizer or similar (can't remember the name of the other alternative program)? Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

hello! I attempted, following the guide which was taken down on Nexus, to port this mod. I don't even know if it's portable because it's quite big... anyway, most stuff appears fine but some houses only have their door, standing on air. I also crash after running around a bit in the area. 

Can you help me?

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/45107?tab=posts 

Hi there, Just wondering if anyone has already or if anyone wants to have a go at converting this outfit pack to CBBE HDT Bodyslide LE? It's gotten a UUNP version for LE already that recognises CBBE sliders, but i cant seem to get .tri files to work correctly. CBBE already exisits for SE, so wondering if anyone fancies a backport, or a conversion of the LE one that already exisits?  

On 11/28/2020 at 9:47 PM, Heroine HoneyCrotch said:

This mod author has 6 se mods that makes changes/minor changes to a few vanilla locations (Bleakfalls,EmbershadMine,HaltedStream,Steepfalls,Whitewater watch,Yustngrav?) 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/users/920551?tab=user+files

All se mods came with no meshes and textures,so easy. Most mods installed with patches in fomod.

Users with elfx? Relighting Skyrim, Immersive Creatures, or More Clutter?(maybe se mod?) Could have conflicts.

I changed to form 43? Don't know that I needed to? Then I merged into 1 plugin. All credits to Cooleoj. I tested 3 locations,very nice. Not having had been to locations matters. This needs to be ran through xedit. 7 ITM's , no deleted nav meshes

LocationsRevisitedMerge02.7z 490.3 kB · 7 downloads

I'll have a do with this tomorrow. ?

Thanks

4 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

I'll have a do with this tomorrow. ?

Thanks

There is a Nexus version of mod as well. Xtudo did the upload. I was in quick conversation with them and that version is the same in the sense that it was not cleaned with xedit. The merge itself had literally 3 itm's or something leftover, for reasons unknown cleaning mod has negative effect where you have wall segments in caves that get goofy as in they temporarily disappear depending on pov. When i encountered this problem after seeing it work right prior to cleaning and seeing it get goofed after cleaning I went to post section in original Bleak Falls mod by Cooleoj and seen where Nexus user JKNB had reported that cleaning that mod(bleak falls mod) was what was messing up some users of that mod that had walls disappearing/reappearing.   

The merged mod itself is pretty good. If you are not starting a new game and you have been to any of the locations you might have to have mod installed longer enough for the game to do a reset(like when you clear a cave you have to wait so long before stuff rerenders back into it?) I think I had tested on a current save game and had already been to Embershard mine and it was a little dorked, worked perfect on new game. 

Like I said, I think 2 files are literally the same but here is Nexus link

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/105764

9 hours ago, Heroine HoneyCrotch said:

There is a Nexus version of mod as well. Xtudo did the upload. I was in quick conversation with them and that version is the same in the sense that it was not cleaned with xedit. The merge itself had literally 3 itm's or something leftover, for reasons unknown cleaning mod has negative effect where you have wall segments in caves that get goofy as in they temporarily disappear depending on pov. When i encountered this problem after seeing it work right prior to cleaning and seeing it get goofed after cleaning I went to post section in original Bleak Falls mod by Cooleoj and seen where Nexus user JKNB had reported that cleaning that mod(bleak falls mod) was what was messing up some users of that mod that had walls disappearing/reappearing.   

The merged mod itself is pretty good. If you are not starting a new game and you have been to any of the locations you might have to have mod installed longer enough for the game to do a reset(like when you clear a cave you have to wait so long before stuff rerenders back into it?) I think I had tested on a current save game and had already been to Embershard mine and it was a little dorked, worked perfect on new game. 

Like I said, I think 2 files are literally the same but here is Nexus link

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/105764

I never clean ITMs and that stuff. The only edit I made to your esp was to remove the 'has water' entry for one of the cell, block, locations. None of the other mods accessing that cell had it so I did it just to get it to conform with everything else.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Harvald said:

Blackthorn Keep is possible. I made a working backport some time ago. I have to find it and get a good moment to upload cause my internet is very slow and the file is very big.

Looking forward to it, please PM me when it is done, again thank you for your work

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TheDragonBorn said:

i ported these to LE but it always crashes my game the moment i spawn the followers. i even ported the required elinrace2 but same  results so im curious if anyone here has better luck

TeraElinRace2 Remastered for SSE v0.6d.rar 96.24 MB · 0 downloads 에스메랄다 팔로워_Esmaralda.rar 37.14 MB · 0 downloaru_Follower(fixed).rarads  

aru_Follower(fixed).rar 2 versions  no dependencies cbbe body