6 hours ago, Distortedrealms said:

So I have backported a few followers, some just work, but others have the famous transparent hair/dark head bug, and some will even get empty eye sockets in certain conditions in game. Has there been any progress in fixing these types of issues? I used Cathedral method.

Not really, the last version of CAO brings good results a little more often. I discovered another mistake that sometimes leads to the brown face bug. The headmesh under facegen / facegeom occasionally has no vertex coloring, although it would be necessary in LE. This is because vertex coloring in SSE is not strictly necessary for faces or will not correctly transported in all cases. You can add them by hand in the Nifscope. If you afterwards completely replace the texture of body and head you get very good results in some cases. (See my port from Liarsa V3 in the Baidu download thread)

7 hours ago, Distortedrealms said:

So I have backported a few followers, some just work, but others have the famous transparent hair/dark head bug, and some will even get empty eye sockets in certain conditions in game. Has there been any progress in fixing these types of issues? I used Cathedral method.

In Nifskope under BSLightingShaderProperty, there's Shader Flags 2, double click it and see if SLSF2 Packed Tangent is checked. Uncheck it if so.

21 minutes ago, Ghoulz said:

In Nifskope under BSLightingShaderProperty, there's Shader Flags 2, double click it and see if SLSF2 Packed Tangent is checked. Uncheck it if so.

You have also to activate Vertex colors under NiTrishapeData under "Has VertexColour"(change to yes) and click on the line below to get a rainbowcircle.

On 12/2/2019 at 8:38 PM, TentakelnBitte said:

UPDATE/NOTE July 2021: Found a "neat" detail that explains why we have trouble porting certain mods... From the TKAA mod: "The 64 bit CK automatically generates new facegen files when you (open mods in the CK).... If you need to make changes use THIS (TESVEditSE)". Did NOT know this. Don't like this. Bethesda... whyyytf would you implement this?!

Since a bunch of people have come with requests, and as many have been answering, this is now the SE->LE backporting request thread. 

Post a link and ask nicely, and some kind soul might take a swing at it for you!

Since I took the time to type all this up for someone, here's a tutorial for trying it yourself:
(If I missed anything, or explained something poorly, please let me know)

Hide contents

Tools you'll need:

Unzip the mod if it is a zip/rar/etc, and if it comes with a BSA, unpack that with BAE. 

(Note: If the BSA only has scripts, you can skip this step.)

Go into the Meshes folder, and move the head meshes somewhere else.

(Data->Meshes->Actors->Character->FaceGenData->Facegeom)

Open SSE Nif Optimizer and Browse to the mod's folder. At the bottom right there is a bubble for SSE and LE. Check LE, then hit Optimize.

Now Browse to where you moved the head meshes, and in the Options section check the box for Head Parts Only. Click Optimize again, then move the head meshes back into the mod's folder.

[Optional] Nifskope cannot open SSE files, so the fastest way to test your new files is to try and open them. If they look fine, great! If they give you an error, look broken, or are empty, something went wrong.

Install the esp/esm file(s) and Load them with the Creation Kit. Make any small change and undo it so it will let you Save. (I change an Actor's name, then change it back). After saving, load the esp in TES5Edit and remove the small change. (Even though we undid it, the game will still see it and it might cause problems for other mods).

• If you use any mod managers, put the esp/esm back into the mod's folder and rezip it, then install that however you normally would.
  • If you install manually, just dump the rest of the files into your Data folder.

Now start the game and test it out! 

Most texture will be fine, but if they are purple (but not missing) or very broken looking, you will need to convert them. Find the problem texture(s) and move them somewhere easy like you desktop, then open them with PAINT.NET. Save them as .png, then Open the .png file and resave it as .dds.

[Optional] Like Nifskope, GIMP cannot open SSE files. You can convert your .png's in GIMP, or just open your new .dds's to make sure they work. If GIMP can open the .dds, then LE Skyrim can, too.

Extra Notes:

-Scripts do not need any converting, they are fine as-is.

-Some followers will have a problem with their faces. I haven't found a way to fix them yet. 

-If the mod uses ESL or ESPL files, I've never tried those, but here is a tutorial that may help: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/21289

TL;DR

Open the esp in LE's CK & resave it; BOOM, PORTED.

NifOpt any meshes; DONE, PORTED

Fix textures with GIMP &/or PAINT.NET; CONGRATS, U DONE IT

PSA: PLEASE do NOT run around telling people their files are reposted here!

In most cases, I'm only porting the esp, so you'll need the original mod anyway, but not always

!! I have NOT asked for permission from any of the original authors; these are personal use only, unofficial, unsupported ports. !!

*** If Abelone (the lady carrying wood, feeding chickens, etc. near Dawnstar's inn) has some stupid name like AbeloneASDGJASH, either fix it with TESEdit, or let me know and I will. ***

It's one of the steps I do when porting esps and I may forget to remove it when doing multiple mods all at once.

Well I tried it the way you wrote, and it worked for me. Only trouble I had was I lost the breast bounce whith what it cam with in Skyrim SE. Other then that, least I got it in game on Legendary Edition, So thank you. ?

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/7/2021 at 7:43 PM, Harvald said:

Hey king I want to ask something, I've been trying to backport the SE Mazoga follower from Tullius Channel and I have been reading your older posts about backporting but I can't do it for some reason. I convert meshes and textures, but I have weird options when using CK; can you explain with every detail what do you do to convert esps?

What happens to me is: I open up CK ( I had to allow CK to operate multiple files to get the mazoga esp to work.) It requires Skyrim, Dawnguard and Dragonborn esms; when I set mazoga esp as active and hit ok, I say yes to all the options that comes after. After everything is loaded I save ,then replace the mazoga esp file in the mod folder, zip it and install with MO as usual. When I get ingame I search mazoga in console but only her hair and a few things except her npc form show up.

can anyone try to backport this revolutionary mod I beg please ?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/51614?tab=description

or if anyone can guide me through the process I will try to learn how to do it, maybe a discord server of backporters or such, cause this mod is something that has changed combat of skyrim in ways I never thought was possible...

iirc skse64 plugins are hard to backport correct me if I'm wrong..

And btw the author of the mod says anyone who's up to the challenge is welcomed to try and backport as they won't be making an LE version ever (they does not forbid a backport, they just won't do it themselves) 

On 7/3/2021 at 9:03 AM, Yoen said:

as someone who wants 360 camera rotation while moving but dosnt want to get rid of their favorite walking animation mod, i humbly request a port of https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/42620?tab=description

It require .NET Script Framework and won't work in LE without that mod.When you request a mod for port in LE make sure in LE you have mods required by original mod or otherwise won't work at all in LE.

On 7/31/2021 at 10:09 PM, lans139 said:

Can any one plz backport  this follower i try like 3 days to backport  her but always CTD when i go to her place or place at me console ?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/51530

I tried to port her but she use SE animation,thats unfortunately.Idk how to port SE to LE animation because there no such tool,but i think i can port her if i replace her animation with LE GS animation she use GS poses from SE

30 minutes ago, Mach1n3GunK3lly said:

I tried to port her but she use SE animation,thats unfortunately.Idk how to port SE to LE animation because there no such tool,but i think i can port her if i replace her animation with LE GS animation she use GS poses from SE

thank u Mach1n3GunK3lly I hope u can do that i just try today without success again ?

6 minutes ago, lans139 said:

thank u Mach1n3GunK3lly I hope u can do that i just try today without success again ?

Im sure i can port her i need just convert meshes textures and esp.

The last part i hate i need have her requirements installed and change masters for LE then replace each animation meh.

Edited by Mach1n3GunK3lly