There seems to be a minor conflict with Devious Armor, I just got hit with a Cursed Loot trap and tried to use this mod's "can you help me with these devices?" "can you remove one of my devices?" dialogue, and was told my clothes were in the way, even though I was only wearing devices. I thought devious armor seemed like the only thing that could be interfering, and when I disabled that mod my follower stopped thinking I was wearing clothes. Not a big problem that I can't use that mod, just seemed worth mentioning. Not using the beta or anything, just version 2.12.2

2 hours ago, Abaddons_Corruption said:

There seems to be a minor conflict with Devious Armor, I just got hit with a Cursed Loot trap and tried to use this mod's "can you help me with these devices?" "can you remove one of my devices?" dialogue, and was told my clothes were in the way, even though I was only wearing devices. I thought devious armor seemed like the only thing that could be interfering, and when I disabled that mod my follower stopped thinking I was wearing clothes. Not a big problem that I can't use that mod, just seemed worth mentioning. Not using the beta or anything, just version 2.12.2

This happens because all DD pieces have no armor value by default, and when you use Devious Armors your devices get an armor value. Every vanilla armor in the game, including clothes, have a basic armor value, some more, some less. It's the same thing for punishments from Cursed Loot collars, for example.

1 hour ago, Vaccinated Alligator said:

his happens because all DD pieces have no armor value by default, and when you use Devious Armors your devices get an armor value. Every vanilla armor in the game, including clothes, have a basic armor value, some more, some less. It's the same thing for punishments from Cursed Loot collars, for example.

Yes indeed, and the mechanics are handled in the dialog conditions, which are not able to handle complex logic, or know exactly what slot a worn item keyword came from.

Discovering the details of slotted items has a high latency in Papyrus and is infeasible for dialog without the kind of periodic update approach used by SLD to solve these issues.

You may find you can remove the items in exchange for deals, just after waking up, but for non BlockGenerics that probably won't work.

I happen to think that the approach Devious Armor uses is not the most compatible choice, and have raised this before.

I feel it was done the way it was for unclear reasons.

I tried making Devious Armors myself long ago, and realized there were numerous issues with simply assigning them armor values.

What keywords should they have? Should they have keywords like ArmorCuirass if they're a main body armor? Should we have heavy and light variations? Are they all light? All heavy?

IMHO, at the very least, devious armors that are not genuinely "covering" clothing or armor should use an enchantment to increase armor values, not have an actual armor value. That would mean they do not work with perks that give benefits for armor types, but it would stop them acting like clothing or armor. You can't have it both ways, that's just not how Skyrim is set up. In practice, it's better if they all use enchantments. See below.

But if you're wearing a hobble dress that adds armor, and a follower says they can't remove your devices because clothes are in the way, that seems fair - until you want them to remove the dress itself. This is a problem too complex for dialog conditions to solve, so DF probably won't ever do more than it does here already.

Also, the implication is that the follower only says the line about removing your clothes to get you naked. It's not an honest complaint. But if you're wearing an armored hobble dress over the top of restraints, maybe it's true... I can't win here!

Devious Armor is a problematic concept in a lot of ways, and the only way it will "play nice" - if it ever can - is via enchantments.

I've invested literal days on the dialogs for armor removal, and rewriting it again, just to support a mod I think is implemented inappropriately is not something that appeals to me.

6 hours ago, chuBBies1 said:

@eulexia I had the same problem a few days ago in regards to DF not recognizing the DF spank mini pack, but it was definitely user error. Go to SLAL, specifically to the DF mini pack page, and register and enable the mini pack. There should be 7 animations that are detected.  Of course there may be something else that is interfering with your animations like what @Lupine00 said.

This kind of response is helpful, and I wish there were more like it on every forum.

So often, a user raises a problem, and a solution is proposed.

We never hear if the solution works, so readers don't know if it's a real fix or not, or how likely it is to work.

Often, they may assume there is an unfixable problem, because the other users never came back and reported what finally fixed it for them, or whether they gave up, or why.

The exception always seems to be cases where a user cannot make any solution work, or doesn't understand how to apply the proposed solutions. Whenever that happens, there is a long trail of messages ending in a rage quit :) 

2 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

This kind of response is helpful, and I wish there were more like it on every forum.

So often, a user raises a problem, and a solution is proposed.

We never hear if the solution works, so readers don't know if it's a real fix or not, or how likely it is to work.

Often, they may assume there is an unfixable problem, because the other users never came back and reported what finally fixed it for them, or whether they gave up, or why.

Also the "edit: nvm solved it" without explaining how they solved it. :/

I've clarified the tooltip text so the info on spanking pack even has the link in it.

The piercings issue is an LDC thing. Clearly, LDC couldn't find any piercings. I'm looking into it to see if I can reproduce anything.

As there's been no word on any bugs besides this, I've cleaned up the spam and am doing some Recompile Alls just to make sure everything is straight.

That will be the release, unless somebody has a bug to report?

1 hour ago, Lupine00 said:

unless somebody has a bug to report?

I’m not sure if this was already reported...

For the Classic Slut deal stage 3, there are two checkboxes - one for cum covering and another for arms bound - but the notification text always says that you will be bound, even when only cum covering is checked.

I haven’t yet gotten to test whether the game behavior matches the notification.

2 hours ago, Herowynne said:

For the Classic Slut deal stage 3, there are two checkboxes - one for cum covering and another for arms bound - but the notification text always says that you will be bound, even when only cum covering is checked.

I've had a look.

What I think is happening, is that you really are getting the stage 3 deal (not stage 4, which is the alternate) regardless of what you pick here, and the message is probably correct in that sense, and the wrong deal is being given - it will always be the first variant.

Thanks for reporting this, as nobody else seems to have noticed it.

This was the code that was responsible for managing those alternate deals:

; TODO handle alternate level 3 deals.

In the meantime, I hope people will keep looking for problems and report what they find.

On 2/7/2021 at 3:33 AM, Lupine00 said:

And to follow up on that...

Here's a new beta:

Devious Followers 2.13.1 - 20210207-0.7z

Would appreciate this in SSE version, but think will have to wait until the port happens.

Any way, like this mod pretty much.

Keep on going with your hard work.

3 minutes ago, Helveticos said:

May I ask which tatoo mod you used for those face tats on throne screenshot? Looks noice ?

Ask @candibelle

I'm trying to edit the main page to add credits for that, and other things, but it seems it's broken for now, and cannot be edited!

I'll try again tomorrow to get in all the edits I wanted.

In the meantime, for anyone who missed it, the "proper" release is up.

Here's the guide to playing that I want to add to the front page, but currently cannot make edits to the front page - save always fails.

Spoiler

You will need a follower. A vanilla follower, such as Mjoll, or vanilla mercenary such as Janessa is fine, and the many hundreds of "standalone" follower mods you can find on LL or the Nexus will all work fine with DF too.

Recruit the follower, and after a while they should say something like, "I hope you won't cheat me like other adventurers..."

After this, you can initiate a dialog and select the [Click Me] dialog. This will give you some DF tips and the mod will be enabled to work properly. After this you won't have to [Click Me] on any new followers.

If a follower is slow to start, you may see a dialog like "Can I rely on you?" Clicking this will push follower registration along immediately.

Sometimes a follower just won't work. There is a feature in the debug menu to add obstinate followers. If a follower doesn't get the debug dialog after using the option to add followers in the debug menu, it's because they are not properly configured as a follower in Skyrim, and lack the vanilla follower factions. You can fix this with a guide on how to make a follower.

You can also use an option in the Debug menu to stop a follower ever becoming devious. It warns you this can never be undone, but it's just a faction, and you can undo it from the console, but that is left as an exercise for players to figure out for themselves  

Once your follower is recognized by the mod, they will start charging you money for their services. Their fees are "per day", but you can control how often they update this in the MCM. That frequency won't change the costs (much), just how often they remind you about your debt and how incrementally it's added. Adding more often results in more interest payments if you are quick with the payments. However, every time you pay your follower, you accrue a little fatigue to your willpower, so paying less often is best unless you want to end up under your follower's thumb faster.

Your devious follower is made "essential" and cannot be killed. However, additional followers you hire are not. This is so you can't escape your debts through trivial murder - it would be far too easy.

If you don't want to pay your follower manually, you can use the gold control mode, and the follower will look after your money. You might regret this. Nothing comes for free. In some cases the follower will force you into this mode. You cannot dismiss your follower while it is active.

You should be able to dismiss your follower if you pay off all your debt, have no deals, and are not in gold control mode. The exception to this is if you configure a minimum contract duration. If you do that you cannot dismiss your follower until you've been with the follower at least that long. If you use a follower framework, don't use its debug features to dismiss your DF - it will likely cause you problems. DF tries to stop the follower frameworks from doing this, but it doesn't try too hard, as there are situations where you may need to do it to repair a broken game that the mod can't foresee.

If you don't pay your follower enough money, you will accrue debt, and then interest, and the follower will let you do this, up to a point. When your debt gets too much, the follower will take action to reduce the debt. This might involve forcing you into deals, or they might take items from your inventory, or in extreme cases, they may enslave you. You can disable the latter consequence with "endless mode".

One way to reduce your debt is to agree to deals with the follower. Deals may also be forced if you have low Willpower, or you simply owe a huge amount. When you take a deal, your debt is reduced. You must then follow the terms of the deal until you pay off the deal. Initially, deals are very expensive to pay off, but as their 'duration' elapses, they go down in price. The prices for debt relief and payout are configurable in the MCM.

Many deals will require you to wear a devious device. You do not have to lock the device; the follower just needs to see you are wearing it. You may even be able to remove it, briefly, without the follower noticing. This is one way that you may manage to eat or drink while wearing a gag. If the follower catches you breaking the terms of the deal, they will add more debt to punish you.

Willpower and Resistance measure how well you are able to resist the follower's demands and overbearing personality. Willpower determines how the follower treats you, and changes the responses and topics you have in dialogs. Willpower ranges from 10 (max) down to 0. If your willpower is below four or so, the follower will have considerable control over your decisions. You regain willpower by sleeping at least six hours at a stretch. This also restores follower lives (see later).

Resistance is a value that is like lives for willpower. When distressing things happen, your resistance will be reduced. If it is reduced to zero, then you will lose a point of willpower, and then your resistance will be reset. How resistance varies with willpower can be configured in the MCM. You might want to stick with the defaults to start with, but if you use Spank that Ass or Sexlab Survival, those mods add many new ways to lose resistance, and you should probably increase the resistance per willpower value to about 30. You should probably also reduce the willpower lost in furniture a bit, especially if you have MME as well.

Your follower offers various benefits in return for the fees, beyond their regular follower capabilities. Your DF can remove devious devices that you get trapped in - for a fee, and your follower will play a gambling game in which you can get cash, and another to win keys of various kinds. These are very useful when your willpower is good and you have plenty of money. They may become a financial trap for a PC who doesn't have sufficient earning capacity.

Every time your follower is knocked into bleedout they lose a 'life'. Lives are restored when the follower sleeps, but it is assumed that if you sleep, the follower always sleeps - though they do not need a bed for this, maybe they find one once you are sleeping. You can buy a bed for just the follower in an inn, in which case you do not sleep, and do not regain willpower, and have some time to kill. Normally, you would only do this if you can't afford a bed for yourself. If you get a bed for yourself, you do not need to pay for the follower separately. The follower automatically sleeps when you sleep, even if it doesn't look like it!

Followers who run out of lives don't die, but they do become grumpy and will not help you remove devices or play gambling games. They may be unhelpful in other ways too.

If you find yourself in some devices, and your willpower is not good, the follower may decide you are happy to play a "game". By game, they mean some humiliating sexual task that could involve giving the entire clientele of a tavern a blowjob, or it might be worse. In most cases you can simply add debt and skip the game, if you really don't want to play.

If you are without a follower, and your willpower is very low, and you are wearing devices, guards may decide you have the demeanor of a slave, and will demand you take them to your master. Pick a follower to "pretend" to be your master so the guard will release you. The follower will become a DF, with some debt added up-front as payment for helping your escape. You can disable this feature in the MCM if you don't want guards harassing you.

If your debt grows beyond a threshold you can set in the MCM, and your willpower is not high, you may be enslaved by the follower. In this case your deals are suspended. However, the follower will dress you in devices of their choosing, make you crawl, work as a cheap whore, and behave quite capriciously. You will need to pay off a certain amount of debt to escape slavery. It's also possible for the follower to sell you to other potential followers.

There is a mysterious "potion" deal you can configure in the MCM. Do not enable the forced version unless you know what you're doing. Normally, you can always refuse this deal. If you take it, all your deals will be paid off and your debt reset to zero, but the follower, or some random NPC, will have a lever to control you forever. This doesn't mean you must do whatever they say, but ... don't mess with this deal unless you like to be inconvenienced. Also, you can configure durations for this, so it can be made a lot more practical if you want, but it's still quite hazardous, as you'll see if you ever play with it.

Various deals impose daily obligations, to drink skooma, lactacid, be milked, offer sex, get spanked, and so on. You need to push the follower to progress these deals. If you do nothing, you will simply default and the follower will laugh and increase your debt. For all these deals to be enabled you will need to have the required mods installed.

The "key" deal is also similar to the daily deals, in that you have to act to avoid penalties. You must quickly use, or offer the follower any keys you find. If you are too slow to hand them over, they will search you and find them. If you are caught with keys, you will be punished with more debt. You can still play the key gambling game and get keys, but you will have to use them quickly. If you take too long the follower will take them back, and charge you for the privilege. When the key deal ends, the follower returns all the keys that were taken. You can also hide keys in containers and other places to keep them from the follower - for now at least. In many ways the key deal is quite mild, but it can be expensive if you don't pay attention. If you think it's too easy, post on the forum and I'll find a way to toughen it up!

Some deals involve being bound in town. You can usually ask the follower to remove the bindings once you are out of the safe guarded areas.

Over time, the follower may get bored with you, especially if you keep paying your debts on time and don't have lots of deals to keep them amused with your misfortunes. Follower boredom leads to them increasing their prices. Dismiss the follower and find a new one to reset boredom. If take more deals, or play games, or suffer other indignities, the follower might stop being bored automatically.

When you pay your follower, it wears down your resistance. This manifests as resistance fatigue. this is an amount of resistance that is removed from you after you sleep and regain willpower (and resistance), effectively impairing your maximum resistance. If you have high resistance fatigue, it can exceed your natural willpower restoration from sleeping and start to destroy your willpower. You can get rid of it by making big donations to priests. It carries over between followers, so be careful. If you don't make enough donations to keep up your self-esteem, you will inevitably fall prey to your follower's schemes.

You can set up the additional cost for extra followers in the MCM. This is a simple percentage extra per follower after the first, which could be zero, or 100%, or even more if you like. This can dramatically increase your costs if you have a lot of followers, but you will need a follower framework installed to recruit them - DF does not do that for you. It does patch the frameworks though, so make sure it's allowed to overwrite. Also, be wary of installing all the bells and whistles from NFF - only the more basic options have been tried and tested.

If you have multiple followers, only one will be your DF. The others are just normal followers in most respects and do not have the special dialogs. I always thought it would be cool if there were group games and things, but never had time to add them.  Also, as noted earlier, additional followers are not made essential, and may be killed as per normal if they aren't made essential by Skyrim, or some other mod.

If something is going on in your game that just doesn't work with DF. Maybe a Deviously Cursed Loot quest, or a quest that requires a certain follower who shouldn't be a DF, then you can "pause" DF and it will stop messing with your followers or accumulating debt. All your deals will be suspended and your follower will go back to being a normal follower. This will continue until you unpause the mod, if you ever do.

6 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Ask @candibelle

I'm trying to edit the main page to add credits for that, and other things, but it seems it's broken for now, and cannot be edited!

I'll try again tomorrow to get in all the edits I wanted.

In the meantime, for anyone who missed it, the "proper" release is up.

Your page is probably too long now. Had the same problem. LL isn't too verbose about the actual limit. Just gives some random error number. Its why I split Sls features off into a blog.

On the update. New game required?

Just now, Monoman1 said:

On the update. New game required?

It's sorta maybe. You can possibly do without but you might have some device or deal dialogs broken. I need to retest on an older game.

Any issues will be dialog issues that are purely because I re-ordered branches and infos.

There are no changed property values, only new ones (except one fix, which is immaterial, because it was already broken and simply doesn't get fixed).

I forgot to clean the ESP, so that will likely result in a re-upload tomorrow :) 

10 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Your page is probably too long now. Had the same problem. LL isn't too verbose about the actual limit. Just gives some random error number.

It says I can't save, even if I delete text. I'm not sure why it would work like that. Is that what you saw?

I might have to nuke the complete change history.

Update: Yes, seems deleting that let me save. Either that or cleaning most of my cookies.

Here's the full change history, it can't live on the front page any more, so I'll just post it occasionally. Who really cares anyway?

Spoiler

Changes in 2.13.1

• Fixes follower recruitment and dismissal. Look for the new "Can I rely on you?" dialog to speed up follower recognition.
  • Specifically fixes vanilla mercenary handling. If rehiring a merc you may need to ask "Can I rely on you?" to trigger their deviousness.
  • The follower now SAYS what modular deal you're being offered before you agree to it.
  • Fixed the special quest cuffs left in inventory after forced start ends.
  • Added a slider to set the limit of Resistance Fatigue.
  • Added information about whether SLS is installed to MCM.
  • Tracks resistance losses after you hit 0 will and 0 resistance (does nothing with it, but other mods could).
  • Added an entire MCM page of help topics, with an explanation of all the mod fundamentals.
  • Some changes to sleep handling, including instant recognition of lives restored so you can pay to remove BlockGeneric devices in inns/homes.
  • You can now disable the forced start (where the guard cuffs you) in General. If you disable it while it's running, it will be cleanly terminated and restraints removed.
  • Fixed a bug in the mod event handler for adding a follower with gold control. Needs a new game to work properly.
  • Complete rewrite of deal making system so that modular and classic deals are fairly allocated. Should also prevent all seriously clashing deals. Post if you get one.
  • Should be able to pay off willpower fatigue with priests properly.
  • Boredom should be easier to gain and lose.
  • Pausing shouldn't trash all your modular deals.
  • Pausing should stop force starts from happening while the mod is paused.
  • A number of dialog revisions and condition fixes.
  • Fixed missing cuffs on adding Ownership deal.
  • Follower should no longer offer to remove most devices that are required by deals - heavy bondage is a deliberate exception to this.
  • You can now get the follower to remove devious gloves again.
  • Improved dialog ordering in some cases - but some deal dialogs may be messed up unless you start a new game or clean-save.
  • Modular deal configuration menu lets you disable as many rules as you like. You can disable any rule as long as it is not in use.
  • Modular deal configuration menu lets you reduce the number of modular deals in play, even if you have modular deals, as long as you don't have an active rule in a deal that would be removed as a result. Deals are always added or removed in strict order (as shown in the status page of the MCM).
  • Removed some rules/help popups and replaced them with follower dialog.
  • Fixed some misleading or poorly written tooltips.
  • Adds new deals:
    • Amulet Deal - wear an unhelpful amulet
    • Ring Deal - wear a hindering ring
    • Circlet Deal - wear a bothersome circlet
    • Sex Deal - must offer sex to the follower.
    • Skooma Deal - must ask follower for skooma to drink. Needs Skooma Whore.
    • Lactacid Deal - must ask follower for lactacid to drink. Needs MME.
    • Milking Deal - follower wants to drink your milk. Must pump it fresh. Needs MME.
    • Key Deal - follower wants all your keys. Don't hold onto keys or you'll get in trouble.

Changes in 2.12.2

• Differs from the beta version 2.12.2 uploaded in the forum, it has an extra fix, so spanking cooldown slider now works correctly.
  • Changed level-one daily rate slider to use increments of 10.
  • Added a slider to configure spanking cooldown.
  • Added a cooldown to slut deal hand-on-shoulder (you can still get three together, but no more than three).
  • Fixed some issues with debt early-payoff calculation.
  • Fixed the cost value shown in the dialogue when the follower offers to remove a device.
  • If you load saved settings from 2.11, the upgrade process will re-run to repair them.
  • If you are punished for something, the spanking cooldown is immediately expired.
  • MCM shows the version.
  • Chaos mode deal multiplier does not multiply standard multiplier but replaces it, like lives.

Changes in 2.12

• Major overhaul of MCM layouts so less scrolling is required and General page less crowded.
  • Reworked willpower regain, especially in MCM - now a min and max regain slider, and no toggle boxes. Min regain is always regained, max regain possible if no devices or deals, get an amount in between based on how many deals and devices you have.
  • Total rework of all costs and the level scaling system for costs:
  • Daily follower cost is now determined by fixed "cost at level 1" and "cost at level 100" values, along with a difficulty curve (or line).
  • You can choose from preset curves, or put in your own exponent value.
  • See the main post above for details on the curves.
  • Most other costs now scale off the cost per day, so you can set up "fair" scalings and tweak the overall mod difficulty by adjusting only the cost per day values.
  • No more need to constantly tweak Enslavement Threshold or Maximum Debt (which now has a new, clearer name).
  • Punishment Debt and Deal values are all based off the per-day cost.
  • Total rework of Chaos system:
  • Fixed Chaos updates to they don't only occur if you sleep 6+ hours, but instead occur on all debt updates sleeps.
  • Chaos prices are now all scale values too, so your Chaos setup should work with almost any debt configuration.
  • Chaos doesn't change or overwrite any of the main settings but is completely separate.
  • If you disable Chaos, your regular settings should take over without having been altered or corrupted.
  • Chaos settings that are multiplier ARE evenly distributed across the scale range you choose.
  • The proportional weighted update of chaos values works properly, even for lives.
  • Chaos does not restore follower lives every time you adjust a setting.
  • Disable the re-enable Chaos will cause a complete (100%) re-randomization of chaos values.
  • Updated old Chaos tooltips which were mainly useless placeholders.
  • The hide values now only impacts the special chaos values display on the chaos page, and doesn't change or hide any settings in the main configuration - all those values will continue to work as normal; chaos is just a scale applied on top of them (lives and deal duration are an exception to this, in that either the chaos or the normal value is used, but the two do not interfere with each other).
  • Added spanking mechanics:
  • Added spanking mechanic, get spanked by your follower, if you are an STA masochist or the follower is bored.
  • Added spanking mechanic, get spanked by a guard if you are an STA masochist or female.
  • Added mod event to trigger spanking mechanic.
  • Added spanking config display in 'other mods' to provide details on animations and patch status.
  • Added DF Spank SLAL mini-pack - this is required for spanking animations to work.
  • Rewrote code for the follower discarding/abandoning the PC:
  • Now adds a belt and plugs in most cases.
  • Adds bounties to all holds except one, the one with no bounty is chosen randomly.
  • Bounties are additional, instead of forced to a set amount, so if you already have bounties, they may become high.
  • When all your items are taken due to SS abandonment-in-lieu-of-enslavement, they aren't simply destroyed, but are put in the chest of the NPC used when the follower takes your items.
  • If you refuse the SS slavery pact, you are abandoned with the additional bounties and belt+plugs that have been added for regular abandonment.
  • When you are given deals due to SS enslavement, all the enabled classic deals should now be correctly set, and you only gain a limited number of modular deals on top of that. The deals you get from SS enslavement are still a crippling load. You might need to use weird potion to get out of them, but that's something you can only do once.
  • The item-recovery container no longer respawns and erases your items, they should now be safe in there indefinitely.
  • The default % of items taken has been raised to 50%, but the configured value isn't changed in existing games.
  • Item theft code (follower takes your items) rewritten:
  • No longer steals SLS licenses or map+compass.
  • When you have a stack of items, it will steal a percentage of them, instead of just one.
  • High value to weight ratio items are always taken, regardless of percentage.
  • You can, on low willpower, pay your debts by asking the follower to take your items. You can still recover them from the khajiit for cheap, assuming you can be bothered to go and find her! The follower only credits you 1/10th of the item value though, so it's probably not a huge exploit. It also costs resistance. If you voluntarily offer your items, at least 50% will be taken, even if you configured the % to be lower than that in the MCM.
  • The follower will no longer attempt to steal your items at all if you have set the theft % to zero (you may still offer them to reduce debt as noted above).
  • Fixed quest objectives for the stolen item quest: can now reliably see the quest in the journal and find the khajiit trader on the map via quest journal (look in Misc quests).
  • Added expensive modular "Deep Debt" deal - this is a seemingly harmless deal with a high buyout cost. It can be obtained multiple times, and as a level 1, 2 or 3 stage in any modular deal. The deep debt buyout cost is not impacted by early buyout scaling and depends on how many stages of deep debt you have in a deal, not what stage they appear at. Added slider to adjust scaling of the expensive "deep debt" deal in the modular deals page.
  • Fixed poor/confusing wording in debug add follower dialogs.
  • Debug add follower dialogs now only show up on PotentialFollower and PotentialHireling faction members.
  • Fixed bug where MCM updates would lead to some MCM entries behaving as OTHER entries until you'd re-visisted every page.
  • Fixed willpower-resistance fatigue removal by religious donation - priest dialogs should now show up on all priests.
  • Fixed bogus log spam about none items, relating to worn item removal.
  • Fixed forced follower start so it doesn't occur while mod is paused.
  • Fixed the inappropriate enforcement of deals while enslaved.
  • Added variant "debt added" follower announcements, depending on gold-control mode and willpower.
  • Reworked device application system for enslavement events.
  • Fixed various info/tooltip items that were not displaying, or had bad information, including labels and tooltips on main deals menu page.
  • Improved data about debt/gold-control on stats page.
  • Raised quest priorities, which should hopefully make more followers reliably devious without causing problems in other mods.
  • Fixed broken slider for daily debt increase due to boredom.
  • Fixed issue with main debt/deals dialog vanishing at certain willpower levels if you had no deals.
  • Fixed issue with boredom, and debt penalties not being reset on enslavement via the "Enslave Me" MCM button.
  • If you have no default SS "slaver", your first DF will be assigned to that role. If you set one yourself it always takes precedence.
  • Added Simple Slavery enslavement button in Debug menu that works even if SS not present (sort of). Uses as much of the SS enslavement path as it can.
  • Fixed display of boredom on main stats page not showing decimal place.
  • Rewrote and extended male/female variants for innkeeper modular deal and vendor modular deal scenes.
  • Fixed generic bug with foreplay and anal sex not selecting foreplay or anal.
  • Improved sex animation selection with respect to devices, for almost all occasions sex is played by DF.
  • Fixed merchant + innkeeper deals so that oral isn't used if gagged, vaginal isn't used if belted. (May need new game).
  • Fixed equipment weights of whore armor.
  • Weird potion now debuffs magic, increases stagger taken, reduces intimidate and has higher weight scaling for armor.
  • Can toggle and configure custom whore armor in hardcore mode.
  • "Other mods" settings no longer hidden in hardcore mode, so you can still configure/diagnose external feature linkages.
  • Fixed walk away from deal dialog so you always get a deal at low willpower. (May need new game).
  • Fixed looping dialogs on low will for modular deals.
  • Fixed buggy walk away dialogs for modular deals, where the follower would say odd things if you walked away.
  • Re-FNIS of animation behavior with latest FNIS-for-modders.
  • Added some boredom relief from the denial scenes triggered by the Ownership Deal.
  • Added longer delays when giving out multiple devices for a deal.
  • Changed the details of penalties to max resistance from devices, if enabled. Removed heavy-bondage from the items that reduce max resistance. Added corset/harness to causes. Doubled the max resistance reduction from collars.
  • The boredom interval can now be turned down to 0.25 of a day, and is adjustable in 0.25 increments.
  • If you change the boredom interval to make it shorter, it can make the next boredom event occur sooner, instead of waiting for the original timer to elapse before changing the duration (which was causing confusion). Extending the duration will still wait for the current timer to elapse.
  • Boredom can now increase even if you have very low willpower. Boredom increases are larger if you have a bigger deficit between actual and expected deals.
  • Some notifications are shown about boredom and expected deal changes.
  • If you walk away from the follower payment dialog, in most cases, you will pay some amount of cash, usually just 100.

Changes in 2.11

• added a display in the MCM to show your "classic" deals, similar to the modular deals feature.
  • added a button to restore player controls in the Debug menu.
  • added additional dialog if you don't have enough money to impress a priest.
  • added a way to get unbound without paying, if your follower bound you in town due to the slut deal.
  • added a mechanism to stop classic deals conflicting with modular deals in problematic ways.
  • fixed basic follower recruiting for players with no follower framework - DF should activate automatically again.
  • fixed problems with excluding ex-followers - should now be able to exclude ex-followers from becoming devious.
  • now able to pay priests as intended.
  • fixed tape-gag and regular-gag conflict - you shouldn't get these deals together now.
  • weird potion scenes made more robust - weird potion weakness should not kick in mid-scene, or while on a horse, or in other silly places.
  • corruption of modular deal state - several fixes.
  • modular deals - should not give modular crawl and bound in towns deal together.
  • fixed processing for the add-follower mod-event - tested for vanilla scenario.
  • taking deals now costs some resistance, proportional to deal stage.
  • getting a "freebie" deal costs more resistance, to compensate for the freebie a little.
  • gold mode now requires > 0 willpower to ask for more gold and > 1 willpower to ask to leave gold control.
  • optimize deals tick-box is removed, as it is no longer relevant.
  • some dialogue words were changed.
  • how the follower speaks to you now depends more on willpower and less on deal count.
  • modular deal configuration now allows you to make limited changes to configuration while you have deals.

Changes in 2.10

• fixed some mod events that nobody is using yet
  • fixed missing message box texts for load and save
  • subtle change to what version of vanilla DialogueFollower quest that the mod is built against
  • cleaned some ESP errors and wild-edits
  • this version may fix problems for a small number of people who were having problems with no follower framework installed
  • if you don't have problems recruiting or dismissing followers, no need to upgrade
  • if you have a follower framework, no need to upgrade
  • you might want to upgrade to this if SexLab Survival releases a version that says it needs 2.10+ for some feature

Changes in 2.09

• fixed pause mod now stops the guard arrest forced start scenario
  • fixed any deal clears all debt
  • fixed follower refuses to help remove gags or boots for made-up reasons
  • fixed Ownership deal not giving you both sets of cuffs
  • fixed enslavement gives you the correct boots and collar, even on old games
  • fixed garbled explanation of deals reduce willpower
  • added punishment for standing when crawling (if you use SD+)
  • added quest device doesn't block all removal (done)
  • added debt query dialog no longer has Goodbye flag
  • added debug button to try and fix stuck scenes
  • added debug button to immediately enslave PC
  • added debug buttons to add devices
  • added debug buttons to remove devices
  • added debug button to repair follower
  • added debug button to add 100 debt
  • added debug button to reduce resistance
  • did a first pass rebalance of resistance losses - you tend to lose a lot more now, but make SLS losses more proportionate
  • added rape resistance loss now considers lots more devices
  • added new mod event to consider "severity" when losing resistance (done)

Changes in 2.08

• you can set the expected deal limit setting in the MCM
  • modders can detect the DF version with no dependency on DF required (for Monoman)
  • a couple of little tweaks to games (Jarl game now has two endings, and some similar stuff)
  • you can now get devices removed when you have a BlockGeneric device on, in exchange for deals
  • collar removal mechanics completely redone
  • fixed NFF mod detection info in MCM
  • fixed not counting NFF followers
  • fixed _df_global script missing from release zip that blocked follower dismissal
  • fixed follower collar rage happening outside of towns
  • sources for follower mod integration global shims also have developer dummies with _DEV on the end
  • some games trigger on slightly higher willpower values than before (so games easier to get)
  • very low willpower stops boredom accumulation
  • playing games resets boredom and reduces expected deals

Changes in 2.07

• built-in support for EFF, AFT and NFF, there are no patches to install any more, FOMOD no longer needed
  • added willpower fatigue system
  • added follower boredom system
  • BlockGeneric items now block all paid-for follower-based item removal (fixes mysterious device removal failures)
  • fixed some missing scripts (source was missing from original DF)
  • piercings should vibrate again
  • should be possible to force forced follower start "pretend to be my master" to initiate
  • attempted to fix some issues with forced follower start scenes - should be possible to rescue quest if scene fails
  • shouldn't be challenged to show piercings while wearing warmer suit
  • first pass on cleaning up the MCM layouts
  • new mod event to add a follower and set various deal parameters
  • new mod event to restore resistance
  • should pick better oral animations

Changes in 2.06

• added minimum contract feature - lock in your follower for up to 120 days, defaults to 0.
  • added various mod events that can be called to interact with DF.
  • fixed weird potion in various ways - forced potion givers must now be members of PotentialFollower, so you can recruit them.
  • fixed more issues with forced start where guard makes you pick a master - only triggers on low willpower and bondage combined
  • fixed various missing scripts or scripts that were failing compilation
  • fixed various enslavement related devices
  • fixed various dialog conditions
  • cleaned up some faulty dialogs that shouldn't exist any longer
  • Thanks to @KLongad Sirtup who made a FOMOD installer. It will put AFT or EFF patch in for you. I'm not actually sure those patches work now. (They will not be needed in 2.07, which will have built-in soft-dep support for AFT, EFF and NFF).

Changes in 2.05:

• added new "retro" willpower regain mode, where willpower regained per sleep is limited, and based on deals and devices worn, rather than all regained at once.
  • added mechanism to control how resistance is modified as you lose willpower (whether you get more, or less resistance each time you lose a point, and whether it just stays the same (the default)).
  • made the feature where you get forced to have a follower by a guard a bit more likely to activate and work correctly (I haven't tested it at all though) but I made a lot of changes there.
  • sleeping past six hours gives you willpower, even if you were woken up - what matters is how long you slept.
  • if you're caught in the sleep-gag game, you don't regain any willpower.
  • more tweaks to dialog and conditions, quite numerous.
  • weird potion should be a little bit better.
  • fixed (quite) a few device handling operations that trigger from dialog.
  • some things that are supposed to help performance - you will never be able to tell, really - it should gradually add up to a slightly more responsive feel as I keep doing it.

I added a standalone zip of the cleaned ESP to the front page. There were no errors, it just removes some bogus masters, and the Chicken Race ITM that's been there forever (apparently).

It isn't needed unless you're actually having a dependency issue, or, you want to do an SSE conversion.

I will update the main download properly tomorrow... Or not... Maybe people will find all the bugs now and I'll have to do a 2.13.2 to fix them?

27 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Here's the full change history, it can't live on the front page any more, so I'll just post it occasionally. Who really cares anyway?

I've found it handy to reference on occasion. And I was asked once for a full changelog between version x and y. So I think certain kinds of people do. Others of course will just download a mod without reading anything. Personally, depending on my interest in a mod I usually like reading the changes. 

18 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

I've found it handy to reference on occasion. And I was asked once for a full changelog between version x and y. So I think certain kinds of people do. Others of course will just download a mod without reading anything. Personally, depending on my interest in a mod I usually like reading the changes. 

I've maintained it up until now, but ... LL ... ?

I really hope this fixes the troubles people have been getting with recruitment and dismissal since ... last year.

I can't even remember how I changed that part because it was done so long ago I've forgotten exactly how I fixed it!

The deal stuff I had to get back up to speed on, as that needed more work to finish it off.

I've wanted keys, and skooma, and MME for ages. Finally!

Maybe the key deal is too soft though?

The main things I want now are radiant quests, and ... completely new slavery done from scratch.

Some other things like the maid deal or cat deal could be nice, but I think the maid deal is one of those things where for it to be good, it has to be enhanced gradually over a while to make it feature-rich.

One little detail is that you can always do deals forever. There is no end to deals, because you can always get the extension deal.

If you really want now, you can enable just one modular deal, and then you'd take that, and everything else would just extend it.

41 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Maybe the key deal is too soft though?

At first I thought so too. But the more I thought about it the more devious I think it is. It's probably better suited as an early deal as the more deals you have the more likely you're not really going to need keys anyway. It takes away a route of getting out of devices. Leaving struggling your only way out.  And making steel devices more difficult again with picking being your only option.

That said, it might need to be faster though. If you've got time to get a key into your inventory and take off a device before detection/confiscation then it's usefulness is a bit more questionable. From what I saw it looks like a periodic scan? Why not go for OnItemAdded? 

Or if it was possible to detect if a device was removed via a key and you weren't supposed to have any keys and your follower could see you then your follower could punish you more severely I guess?

Side thought: Does this actually give the key to the follower? If so, might conflict with SLSs 'followers don't carry keys' option. 

41 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

The main things I want now are radiant quests, and ... completely new slavery done from scratch

Can't wait. Get back to work! *cracks whip* ;)