6 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Pay no mind to spurious spam. It's there for beta test.

But you win "points" for noticing, and posting about it.
Detailed reports are useful.

The "points" are useless, but you can pretend they're actual cookies if you like.

Hi, I also got this message regularly in a new game before even getting a follower but didn't pay attention to it because of this post.. Now I just got a follower and he immediately started searching me for keys and seems to repeat this once a minute or so (can't really tell because it happened right after he first searched me and I had just clicked on door to leave the cell which seems to have made him stuck in the dialogue somehow.

:edit: just checked: this still happens after disabling the keyholder deal

3 hours ago, candibelle said:

I believe Ive encountered my first bug. I just got the lactacid deal and asking for lactacid doesn't seem to do anything. I get the proper dialogue but it never appears in my inventory/my lactacid levels never rise

You won't see any lactacid in your inventory because the follower makes you drink it right away, just to be sure.

However, lactacid levels should rise. By 1. Or more.

I changed how you are force-fed without testing it properly, so I'll check it again.

7 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Ok. But eh... I never agreed to the key deal. Unless it's because my willpower is non-existent?

It's not that you "have a deal", rather, you have the symptoms of a deal :) 

Usually, I would interpret a bug report of having a deal you didn't agree to means a deal shows up in the MCM and the follower wants you to pay it off. Which could happen, theoretically, as a bug.

1 hour ago, Trill0 said:

For me, the key deal appears to be active all the time, without having taken any deals.  Monoman and I might be having the same problem?

Thanks for the report, which clarifies that it's not just spam, but actual key removal.

I would guess that everyone has this problem. It's always taking your keys.

I fixed it just now. I'll add the SLS confiscation fix and then post a new beta.

However, I was thinking last night about key-taking more generally.

Keys you give to your follower: it was always an exploit to get around DCL key-theft.

I'm thinking maybe followers should disappear any key you give them, and give debt relief in exchange.

BUT if you have a key deal, they take the keys and return them to you at the deal end, so it's different - no debt relief any more.

I won't do it this release though.

Is the time you have to hand keys over to the follower after getting one...

• Too long?
  • Too short?
  • About right?

Regarding the losing willpower on sleep issue...

I think it's impossible to lose willpower on sleep except in one case.

If you have sufficient resistance fatigue, it will start to eat your willpower - this is what it's supposed to do.

It works like this:

1) you sleep

2) you get X points of willpower restored, it could be as low as 0, but it's usually at least 1.

3) resistance fatigue is applied. It reduces your current resistance by the fatigue amount. If that's enough to make you lose willpower, it will. It could potentially make you lose several points of willpower.

4) a "normal" PC will regain several points of willpower on a sleep, and thus will not lose willpower when sleeping, even if heavily fatigued, but if you combine that with wearing a lot of devices and having multiple deals, you might not regain much (or any) willpower, but you will be losing resistance. The result is any remaining willpower drains away on sleeping and after a feverish night of submissive dreams you wake up a total doormat.

If you don't want this to happen, keep your resistance fatigue down.

I'm going to add (right now) a slider so you can set a LIMIT on  resistance fatigue, which could be zero, disabling it completely.

The current limit is hardcoded to 100.

If this was not a possible cause, please provide more detailed reports.

If you're reporting a bug:

1) report what you did to make it happen - with steps

2) describe exactly what happens, give detail, 

3) (if it's not totally obvious) describe why you think it's a bug

New beta:

Changed in this build:

• Fixed perpetual key confiscation.
  • Fixed SLS confiscating special deal items.
  • Added slider to set limit of Resistance Fatigue.
  • Added info about SLS presence to MCM.
  • Updated help on resistance fatigue.
  • Added a global value that tracks resistance losses once you hit 0 will and 0 resistance.

Changes:

Spoiler
  • Fixes follower recruitment and dismissal.
  • Fixed the special quest cuffs left in inventory after forced start ends. Needs testing.
  • Added a slider to set the limit of Resistance Fatigue.
  • Added information about whether SLS is installed to MCM.
  • Tracks resistance losses after you hit 0 will and 0 resistance (does nothing with it, but other mods could).
  • Added an entire MCM page of help topics, with an explanation of all the mod fundamentals.
  • Specifically fixes vanilla mercenary handling. If rehiring a merc you may need to ask "Can I rely on you?" to trigger their deviousness.
  • Some changes to sleep handling, I can't recall what. Fixes some boredom bug or something?
  • You can now disable the forced start in General. If you disable it while it's running, it will be cleanly terminated and restraints removed.
  • Fixed a bug in the mod event handler for forcing a follower with gold control. Needs a new game to work properly.
  • Complete rewrite of deal making system so that modular and classic deals are fairly allocated. Should also prevent all clashing deals. Post if you get one.
  • The follower now SAYS what modular deal you're being offered before you agree to it.
  • Should be able to pay off willpower fatigue with priests properly.
  • Boredom should be easier to gain and lose.
  • Pausing shouldn't trash modular deals any more.
  • Pausing should stop forcestarts.
  • A number of dialog revisions and condition fixes.
  • Maybe fixed missing cuffs on adding Ownership deal.
  • Adds new deals:
    • Amulet Deal - wear an unhelpful amulet
    • Ring Deal - wear a hindering ring
    • Circlet Deal - wear a bothersome circlet
    • Sex Deal - must offer sex to the follower.
    • Skooma Deal - must ask follower for skooma to drink. Needs Skooma Whore.
    • Lactacid Deal - must ask follower for lactacid to drink. Needs MME.
    • Milking Deal - follower wants to drink your milk. Must pump it fresh. Needs MME.
    • Key Deal - follower wants all your keys. Don't hold onto keys or you'll get in trouble.

Known bug: paying for "block generic" device removal directly with deals doesn't use the new deal allocation system or conflict avoider; it can give conflicting deals and can only give a limited set of deals. (Being worked on).

If you see unwanted spam in this build, it is not a bug in itself, however if you have other bad behaviors, providing information about any spam that is correlated with them would be useful. The spam is there for debugging the beta, but doesn't indicate a problem in itself - and will be removed once reported bugs stop being fixed.

8 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Regarding the losing willpower on sleep issue...

I think it's impossible to lose willpower on sleep except in one case.

If you have sufficient resistance fatigue, it will start to eat your willpower - this is what it's supposed to do.

It works like this:

1) you sleep

2) you get X points of willpower restored, it could be as low as 0, but it's usually at least 1.

3) resistance fatigue is applied. It reduces your current resistance by the fatigue amount. If that's enough to make you lose willpower, it will. It could potentially make you lose several points of willpower.

4) a "normal" PC will regain several points of willpower on a sleep, and thus will not lose willpower when sleeping, even if heavily fatigued, but if you combine that with wearing a lot of devices and having multiple deals, you might not regain much (or any) willpower, but you will be losing resistance. The result is any remaining willpower drains away on sleeping and after a feverish night of submissive dreams you wake up a total doormat.

If you don't want this to happen, keep your resistance fatigue down.

I'm going to add (right now) a slider so you can set a LIMIT on  resistance fatigue, which could be zero, disabling it completely.

The current limit is hardcoded to 100.

If this was not a possible cause, please provide more detailed reports.

So the resistance debuff from fatigue is applied after, that makes sense! I had assumed willpower change on sleep was floored at zero after everything.

As mentioned it was also from when I set the min and max base willpower regen to very low (0 and 4 if I recall), which meant my willpower regen bottomed out at zero very early on with devices and deals. In "regular" DFC playthroughs where I didn't touch those sliders, it hasn't been an issue until very late in the devious relationship (as intended, I think). The main takeaway here for me was the default settings work fine in "normal" playthroughs where you don't want to be a total doormat right away. ?

A couple of bugs here

1. The modular deals section of the MCM acts weird.

1) Open the modular deals section of the MCM, try to disable a deal, watch the MCM freeze.

2) The MCM freeses when I try to disable a deal (ex. disable modular collar) but not when I try to enable a deal (ex. enable lactacid deal. The MCM freeses when I try to disable it a few seconds later). After exiting the MCM and returning the value remains unchanged. The same can be said about the "number of deals to use" but not about the "days between events" timer and the debt scale for the deep dept deal. These two work fine. Also the modular deals are offered even when below the classic deal limit. 

Not entirely sure that it is part of it but still:

Spoiler

[02/04/2021 - 04:01:00PM] Error: Array index 2 is out of range (0-0)
stack:
    [_DflowMCM (D300C545)]._dflowmcm.SetToggleOptionValue() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line ?
    [_DflowMCM (D300C545)]._dflowmcm.OnOptionSelect() - "_DFlowMCM.psc" Line ?
    [_DflowMCM (D300C545)]._dflowmcm.SelectOption() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line ?
    [SKI_ConfigManagerInstance (5B000802)].SKI_ConfigManager.OnOptionSelect() - "SKI_ConfigManager.psc" Line ?

2. The Lactacid deal behaves strangely.

1) Get the deal, choose the dialog option to be given lactacid, the dialog ends and nothing happens, the follower punishes you for not drinking lactacid (this one is particular)

2) After enabling the lactacid deal and getting it (the "what are my deals" dialog option exits the dialog tree. This can be exploited at low willpower to not be forced a deal but right now gives you an ability to scroll through the deals until you see a new option) I chose the dialog option to be given lactacid. The follower finished speaking, nothing has changed in MME stats. Right after that the follower commented on the fact that I didn't drink it and increased the debt. The dialog option remained (unlike the sex offer one). Clicked it a few times, no lactacid but no more punishment. Can it be connected to the fact that I had to manually enable it? The skooma deal also was disabled by default (as it should be, I don't have the required mod). Is there a way to check if DF actually sees MME as installed and usable?

Edit: This (choosing the dialog option and then getting punished for not doing it) also seems to be the case for the spanking deal. Got the deal, got spanked, got punished afterwards woth the dialog option remaining there.

59 minutes ago, AlphaAndOmega said:

Is there a way to check if DF actually sees MME as installed and usable?

Yes, it's in the MCM in the other mods section.

These behaviors with deals ... I don't see that stuff happening.

Is this a new game, or is it updated from an old version?

It's not SE or something is it?

The issue of being punished immediately after drinking seems very strange. It's not that it can't ever happen, it just that it's a bit odd that one seems to be caused by the other. It's a bit of a coincidence. It sounds like a bug, but without more information on timings and how long it was before this happened after taking the deal, etc, it's impossible to know if what you're seeing is strictly wrong.

Also, I tested the lactacid stuff just a few hours ago due to candibelle saying it wasn't doing anything when she drank it. It was fine when I tested it, I couldn't reproduce a problem with it, and I've used it dozens of times.

When I drink lactacid after asking the follower, I immediately see a drinking effect is applied - like some green smoke - and checking status in MME with the hotkey shows that lactacid was added as expected.

I am using a latest version of MME.

The follower only calculates if you are eligible for punishments for not drinking when your debt updates. Do you have debt updates happening constantly for some reason? That would be broken.

The checks for lactacid, milking, and skooma are ALL driven directly off the main debt update step, so if that's not happening, it can't happen, or conversely, for it to happen, your main update must have run, which should happen fairly rarely.

Even when checked, they are gated by a timer that only allows daily checking.

Are you running some really weird game speed multiplier?

It's maybe possible that you could take a deal just before the timer is due to rollover, be eligible for punishment, then drink, then be punished for the failure you accrued moments earlier, but it would be odd to see that happening often. The odds are against it.

One thing that could happen, is you could default on the deal, and be judged as defaulted, THEN drink, and the follower would still punish you for your historical naughtiness after the drinking. This *can* appear confusing, I admit - but you're being punished for deal defaults on the previous day. Your drinking *now* is immaterial. I may alter the dialogs to handle that situation explicitly.

It sound like your DF install is broken in several ways. For example modular deal menu hanging. I just tried it a minute ago, and mine responded instantly. Of course, if you have deals, it won't disable anything. But that's not hanging or crashed. It's simply that you can't disable deals while you have deals, and you never could. Also the log file excerpt would be a LOT more useful if you enabled line numbers in logs. Looks like an array not filled, but from that I can't tell which one.

Are others seeing the same issues?

I'm not completely sure the Lactacid is the same issue as candibelle, but sounds similar.

The code for drinking it is incredibly simple, so it would have to involve not being able to get the item from MME for it to fail.

Could the problem be an incomplete, old, or modified MME install?

59 minutes ago, AlphaAndOmega said:

After enabling the lactacid deal and getting it (the "what are my deals" dialog option exits the dialog tree. This can be exploited at low willpower to not be forced a deal

That's working normally. It's always worked like that. You aren't forced to deal until you ASK to actually make a deal. Low willpower simply takes away your choice after you've been told what the deal is. Simply going in the deal menu has never forced you to make a deal, and it would be silly if it did because you wouldn't be able to check rules, or what deals you have, or buy out of a deal.

Maybe you mean something else, but I can't follow the explanation?

I guess what I'm saying is that I need a more detailed bug report. I can't reproduce any of this - at least not in a way it's genuinely a bug - so I need more information before that is possible.

Also, it's fairly clear your DF install is broken somehow, and probably MME install too.

It could be I'm not distributing an essential file, so I'm not saying it's your fault. But needs more info.

... I did check that though ...

Maybe it's somehow due to you having an old MME that the DF milkquest.pex is too old for?

Try with latest MME if your MME is not latest.

2 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Yes, it's in the MCM in the other mods section.

Yes, MME is detected.

2 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

These behaviors with deals ... I don't see that stuff happening.

Is this a new game, or is it updated from an old version?

It's not SE or something is it?

The issue of being punished immediately after drinking seems very strange.

Also, I tested the lactacid stuff just a few hours ago due to candibelle saying it wasn't doing anything when she drank it.

When I drink lactacid after asking the follower, I immediately see a drinking effect is applied - like some green smoke - and checking status in MME with the hotkey shows that lactacid was added as expected.

I am using a latest version of MME.

The follower only punishes for not drinking when your debt updates. Do you have debt updates happening constantly for some reason? That would be broken.

The checks for lactacid, milking, and skooma are ALL driven directly off the main debt update step, so if that's not happening, it can't happen, or conversely, for it to happen, your main update must have run, which should happen fairly rarely.

So, the punishment was indeed purely a coincedence. I've reloaded a couple of saves earlier to check the MCM, it was working just fine. I started turning off the modular deals, but this one breaks sometimes. It says 'T1 or 2 lack X', where X is a number from 6 to 10. Tier one and two right? Then locking me from changing stuff looks as something intended. X seems to be a function of "number of deals to use". Though I am concerned that it just freeses the entire MCM.

Nevertheless, I've updated MME, got the lactacid deal again, went through the dialog, didn't get forcefed. I did check that DF overwrites MME. 

All this being said, I'm pretty certain DF decides to break in the process of playing and not from the very beginning. I don't understand where does it happen exactly though. Ah, and it was a new game installation.

Enabled lines, went to get lactacid deal, not to get any and immediately exit the game. Here is what papyrus is telling me

Spoiler

[02/04/2021 - 06:56:23PM] DF - AcceptPendingDeal - NewDeal 123, DealOffering 123
[02/04/2021 - 06:56:23PM] DF - adding deal by ID 123
[02/04/2021 - 06:56:23PM] DF - Modular deal ID is 23
[02/04/2021 - 06:56:23PM] DF - Stage is 1
[02/04/2021 - 06:56:23PM] DF - ruleState is 1
[02/04/2021 - 06:56:23PM] DF - dealType is 1
[02/04/2021 - 06:56:23PM] DF - adding deal 123 deal OPEN is TRUE
[02/04/2021 - 06:56:23PM] DF - MakeDeal 123
[02/04/2021 - 06:56:23PM] DF - MakeDeal - reduce debt
[02/04/2021 - 06:56:23PM] DF - SetModularDeal 23
[02/04/2021 - 06:56:23PM] DF - SetModularDeal - SetStage 1
[02/04/2021 - 06:56:23PM] DF ReduceResist by 2.000000 to 14.000000
[02/04/2021 - 06:56:23PM] DF - MakeDeal - end
[02/04/2021 - 06:56:23PM] DF - AcceptPendingDeal - end
[02/04/2021 - 06:56:28PM] DBA: GTcurrent=1.504697 ; GTlastupdate=1.504697 ; Morphupdate=1.545296 ; Transformupdate=0.000000 ; IdleStatus= False
[02/04/2021 - 06:56:30PM] _STA_: Received OnSTA_DoNpcSpankSpecific: ActorForm: [WIDeadBodyCleanupScript < (000B9984)>]. Timeout: 3.000000
[02/04/2021 - 06:56:37PM] DBA: GTcurrent=1.505711 ; GTlastupdate=1.505711 ; Morphupdate=1.545296 ; Transformupdate=0.000000 ; IdleStatus= False
[02/04/2021 - 06:56:45PM] MilkModEconomy MME_Status: Scripts are running, Unsetting StorageUtil MME_ScriptsStarted, shutting down
[02/04/2021 - 06:56:46PM] DBA: GTcurrent=1.506663 ; GTlastupdate=1.506663 ; Morphupdate=1.545296 ; Transformupdate=0.000000 ; IdleStatus= False

[02/04/2021 - 06:56:48PM] Error: Incorrect number of arguments passed. Expected 1, got 0. 
stack:

[ topic info D32B7B8B on quest _DFlowModDealController (D31BD274)]._Dx_TIF__0B2B7B8B.Fragment_0() - "_Dx_TIF__0B2B7B8B.psc" Line 9

[02/04/2021 - 06:56:50PM] DF - CheckForNewFollowers - followerCount 1
[02/04/2021 - 06:56:53PM] [DCUR] Periodical update starts
[02/04/2021 - 06:56:54PM] DF ReduceResist by 1.000000 to 13.000000
[02/04/2021 - 06:56:55PM] MME_Storage: Triggered getMilkCurrent() for actor Agathe
[02/04/2021 - 06:56:55PM] MME_Storage: Triggered getPainCurrent() for actor Agathe
[02/04/2021 - 06:56:55PM] MME_Storage: Triggered getPainCurrent() for actor Agathe
[02/04/2021 - 06:56:55PM] MME_Storage: Triggered getLactacidCurrent() for actor Agathe
[02/04/2021 - 06:56:55PM] [CF][Framework] OnUpdate BEGIN
[02/04/2021 - 06:56:56PM] [DCUR] Sex attacks are disabled!
[02/04/2021 - 06:56:56PM] [CF][Framework] Activating:[REQ_NPCData < (001059AC)>]
[02/04/2021 - 06:56:56PM] [CF][Framework] OnUpdate END
[02/04/2021 - 06:57:00PM] VM is freezing...
[02/04/2021 - 06:57:00PM] VM is frozen
[02/04/2021 - 06:57:00PM] Log closed

I've deleted the entries concerning DCL, DBA and SGO

7 hours ago, AlphaAndOmega said:

[02/04/2021 - 06:56:48PM] Error: Incorrect number of arguments passed. Expected 1, got 0. 
stack:

[ topic info D32B7B8B on quest _DFlowModDealController (D31BD274)]._Dx_TIF__0B2B7B8B.Fragment_0() - "_Dx_TIF__0B2B7B8B.psc" Line 9

I suspect the problem is the DrinkLactacid function, which has a default parameter of 1, and should not need to be called with any parameters; and thus should not be able to generate that error message.

That's the only error you're getting from DF, and it certainly wouldn't break your entire DF so that the CM starts crashing.

It would stop you drinking lactacid though.

This makes no sense at all, as I don't see this error, on the same script, from the same fragment.

The only explanation is that you somehow have an old version of _DFlowModDealController.pex that doesn't match that fragment.

Something like that might explain all your other problems too.

If others consistently have the same problems, then I'd guess it's the distribution.

If it's just you, or one or two others, I suspect individual installs.

This is in MO, right?

I've got a fix for the device removal deals, bringing it up to date with the new deal system, and I'm doing a full rebuild of all scripts in the deal controller, just to be safe. I also have some dialog changes to highlight when you've actually already defaulted on a deal when you ask about it, plus an ability to inquire about remaining time. I'll also build a new distro to a new directory for the next build upload.

I liked the idea that you couldn't ask about remaining time, as it means you have to be actively trying to over-deliver just to be on the safe side, but I already ended up adding the "milk" dialog that subverts that, because you can ask if you're compliant. With the other deals you have to ask for the drink/sex/spanks and if you're refused, you know you should be compliant for the moment. You couldn't do that with milk because you milk yourself, you don't ask the follower. However, uncertainty about the deal-day rollover looks like that's going to cause confusion, so I'll make it easier to track when deals are due.

15 hours ago, AlphaAndOmega said:

Though I am concerned that it just freeses the entire MCM.

The problem here was that you didn't accurately describe what you were doing in the MCM to make it freeze.

It sounded like you were saying that disabling any rule resulted in a freeze.

After some experimenting with this for a bit, I found that if you try to disable too many rules, it freezes.

In fact, the freeze was "deliberate", and was caused by some debugging code that was pushing a diagnostic about why you weren't allowed to disable that rule.

You'd have to leave the MCM to read the message.

I've done a complete rewrite of how modular deals and rules are enabled and disabled by the MCM, and discarded the Lozeak approach that you were required to have some minimum number of rules for the deals you have.

That no longer applies. Now it's nice and simple. If a rule is in use, you can't disable it. Otherwise you can.

If reducing the deals would try to remove a deal that is in use, you can't. Otherwise you can.

You can now have 5 deals and only 1 rule - if you like.

Because the "deal" allocation code works completely differently now, it no longer needs to rely on rules being available to fill slots.

I've added a mass of additional "helper" dialog to BlockGeneric device removal, and to getting updates on your daily deal status.

You can ask about milk, and get time information back.

You can ask about the daily deal timer in general.

You can't (by design) ask about the state of specific deals. You have to track what you have done and not done yourself, but you can get info about how much time remains. And if the time has expired, you'll be told when you go to ask.

Gah... so many dialog changes... dozens and dozens of them.

10 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

I suspect the problem is the DrinkLactacid function, which has a default parameter of 1, and should not need to be called with any parameters; and thus should not be able to generate that error message.

That's the only error you're getting from DF, and it certainly wouldn't break your entire DF so that the CM starts crashing.

It would stop you drinking lactacid though.

This makes no sense at all, as I don't see this error, on the same script, from the same fragment.

The only explanation is that you somehow have an old version of _DFlowModDealController.pex that doesn't match that fragment.

Something like that might explain all your other problems too.

If others consistently have the same problems, then I'd guess it's the distribution.

If it's just you, or one or two others, I suspect individual installs.

This is in MO, right?

It is indeed MO and that's why I am failing to understand how can it be broken. It is very isolated stuff and I've helped DF in all ways possible (reinstalled both MME and DF, moved DF as low in the load order as possible) and it still shows the same argument error message. I just can't see what am I missing here.

In order to check if the problem was in updating from the first beta to the second midgame, I've started a new game and repeated everything. Yes, the very same argument error.

2 hours ago, AlphaAndOmega said:

It is indeed MO and that's why I am failing to understand how can it be broken.

If somebody else confirmed that their Lactacid isn't working, then it's very simple, and I put an old file in the zip, though I don't know how that could happen, it's got to be possible.

I wouldn't worry about it any further, as that question will also be answered by the next build.

I still have a lot of dialog edits to do for the next build, as adding a "you didn't pay yesterday" to each daily deal is a surprising number of edits, due to the willpower variations - and I don't have much time this weekend. I might be able to finish it Sunday.

I also fixed a couple of meaningful bugs in the "zero conflict" deal selector.

On 2/3/2021 at 8:05 PM, Lupine00 said:

New beta:

Devious Followers 2.13.1 - 20210204-0.7z

Changed in this build

@Lupine00 I am in the process of converting this build for Skyrim SE, so I can try it.

I noticed that this build's ESP requires USLEP. Is that intentional?

Just wanted to mention - since the Unofficial Patch ESP name differs from LE to SE, that makes it more complicated to convert to SE.

1 hour ago, Herowynne said:

I am in the process of converting this build for Skyrim SE, so I can try it.

I noticed that this build's ESP requires USLEP. Is that intentional?

Just wanted to mention - since the Unofficial Patch ESP name differs from LE to SE, that makes it more complicated to convert to SE.

It seems a bit hairy to convert betas to SE. The releases seem to have issues enough in the conversion.

The beta ESP isn't cleaned, and the release probably won't have that dependency.

I have USLEEP in the CK when I edit, so if I overwrite a record I don't create a broken ITM that smashes USLEEP, but there are no specific dependencies on USLEEP.

I would imagine simply cleaning with Tes5Edit will remove it.

But converting betas isn't something I advise.

And to follow up on that...

Here's a new beta:

Changes in this beta:

• Rewrote inventory event handler for better performance.
  • Added dialogs that help you understand the status of each of your daily deals (sex, spanking, skooma, lactacid, milking) as well as daily deals in general.
  • Moved BlockGeneric device removal to the new deal system. (This was a huge task for a tiny feature most people don't even know about).
  • More help info.
  • Fixed some significant bugs in the no-conflict deal allocation system. Should now avoid most conflicts of consequence, but some conflicts are highly situational and avoiding them would block too many deal combinations.
  • Re-ordered some dialogs so things are presented in a more consistent order.
  • Removed device removal help pop-up.
  • Complete re-write of modular deal disable handling. You can now disable any unused modular deal rule and there are no requirements for how many rules you must have enabled. You can also reduce the deal count, but only if you don't have active rules in the deal that would be removed as a result.

Changes:

Spoiler
  • Fixes follower recruitment and dismissal.
  • Fixed the special quest cuffs left in inventory after forced start ends. Needs testing.
  • Added a slider to set the limit of Resistance Fatigue.
  • Added information about whether SLS is installed to MCM.
  • Tracks resistance losses after you hit 0 will and 0 resistance (does nothing with it, but other mods could).
  • Added an entire MCM page of help topics, with an explanation of all the mod fundamentals.
  • Specifically fixes vanilla mercenary handling. If rehiring a merc you may need to ask "Can I rely on you?" to trigger their deviousness.
  • Some changes to sleep handling, I can't recall what. Fixes some boredom bug or something?
  • You can now disable the forced start in General. If you disable it while it's running, it will be cleanly terminated and restraints removed.
  • Fixed a bug in the mod event handler for forcing a follower with gold control. Needs a new game to work properly.
  • Complete rewrite of deal making system so that modular and classic deals are fairly allocated. Should also prevent all clashing deals. Post if you get one.
  • The follower now SAYS what modular deal you're being offered before you agree to it.
  • Should be able to pay off willpower fatigue with priests properly.
  • Boredom should be easier to gain and lose.
  • Pausing shouldn't trash modular deals any more.
  • Pausing should stop forcestarts.
  • A number of dialog revisions and condition fixes.
  • Maybe fixed missing cuffs on adding Ownership deal.
  • Follower should offer to remove fewer devices that are required by deals - heavy bondage is an exception to this.
  • Deals offered (or forced) should not significantly conflict with existing deals any more.
  • You can now get the follower to remove devious gloves again.
  • Improved dialog ordering in some cases.
  • Modular deal configuration menu lets you disable as many rules as you like. You can disable any rule as long as it is not in use.
  • Modular deal configuration menu lets you reduce the number of modular deals in play, even if you have modular deals, as long as you don't have an active rule in a deal that would be removed as a result. Deals are always added or removed in strict order (as shown in the status page of the MCM).
  • Removed some rules/help popups and replaced them with follower dialog.
  • Adds new deals:
    • Amulet Deal - wear an unhelpful amulet
    • Ring Deal - wear a hindering ring
    • Circlet Deal - wear a bothersome circlet
    • Sex Deal - must offer sex to the follower.
    • Skooma Deal - must ask follower for skooma to drink. Needs Skooma Whore.
    • Lactacid Deal - must ask follower for lactacid to drink. Needs MME.
    • Milking Deal - follower wants to drink your milk. Must pump it fresh. Needs MME.
    • Key Deal - follower wants all your keys. Don't hold onto keys or you'll get in trouble.

If you are using a previous beta, this almost certainly requires a new-game/clean-save, due to the extensive dialog changes. 

I'm not sure if you need a clean-save if updating from 2.12.X, but I suspect you will unless you don't care that your device removal dialogs are broken. Everything else should probably be ok; the impact will be much less than moving off an older beta because 2.12.X doesn't have most of the modified dialogs in the first place.

Hopefully all the deal fragment scripts are up-to-date in the zip this time, and as noted, the modular deal menu should be much more friendly now.

I don't have any "known" bugs at this point - at least not that are from the beta changes.

So, depending on how this goes, hopefully the next beta is just a clean-up of this one, with the ESP checked, debug spam removed, etc.

But given the dialog changes, there could easily be errors there, so it's not ready to call it yet.

I want to redo the ignore logic, but will probably leave that for a 2.13.2 release.

Maybe also a facility to swap the primary DF in a multi-follower group.

In terms of old, lingering bugs, DF has a few persistent niggles, though the sex scanner is probably the most notable.

Some games are a little brittle, and slavery, while not exactly buggy, suffers from the scanner bug more than normal play, and hasn't had any enhancements for a long time now.

1 hour ago, eulexia said:

Don't suppose anyone can point me to the files necessary to get spanking working with the mod?  I can't find the Nibbles/Anub/etc SLAL packages. 

Nor will they work with DF.

All the information is on the mod front page, as is the required SLAL pack download (DF Spank SLAL mini-pack).

See "Requirements" and "Installation".

56 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Nor will they work with DF.

All the information is on the mod front page, as is the required SLAL pack download (DF Spank SLAL mini-pack).

See "Requirements" and "Installation".

I have the DF Spank SLAL installed, but the game is telling me it's missing.  The game talks about needing Nibbles/Anub/etc, but if those are just leftover stub texts, then the issue is it's not recognizing the DF Spank SLAL. 

So, that may be a bug. 

I've also found that in the current beta it's not giving out genital piercings successfully--when taking a deal with a genital piercing, the follower doesn't give you one, and he doesn't give you one if you ask him for piercings (just gives nipple rings). 

3 hours ago, eulexia said:

I have the DF Spank SLAL installed, but the game is telling me it's missing

I'm going to take a long shot and say that you didn't enable and register the animations in SLAL.

It will be that, or you have overrun the SexLab animation limit.

There isn't a way this can work for some people and not for others without it being an issue in their config.

It simply tries to obtain the animations by name from SexLab. If it can't, it says they aren't installed.

So, if it says they aren't installed, it's because your SexLab says they aren't there.

The most likely reasons for this are:

• Not installed at all (or installed by hand, incorrectly).
  • Not enabled in SLAL.
  • Not registered in SLAL.
  • SexLab animation limit overrun.

Less likely reasons are:

• Another mod confused them with something it owns and messed with them.
  • Malfunctioning animation builder code broke them. (AFAIK, the most common mod that builds animations in code is DD itself).
  • Some reason I have yet to learn.

I've noticed that installed animations can become unfindable before you hit a reported count that should fail in SLAL.

I don't know if this is because SLAL is counting wrong, or sometimes SLAL writes over an animation with another.

This commonly causes my sex-milking animations to fail to play. If I remove lots of animations and rebuild in SexLab, they will work again.

But I'm using a patch to increase the limit, which might have bugs of its own.

Another, completely speculative possibility is that some packs are intrinsically toxic (Babo maybe?) and cause other packs to not work.

It could just be a numbers game, but usually Babo was what I uninstalled and things worked OK afterwards.

If there is a tooltip that mentions installing the Nibbles or Anub packs, that is something I need to fix, as it's misleading.

I will look into the piercings issue. If it's reproducible, that would likely not be a new bug, as I've done nothing in that area.

Occasionally, these missing items are an LDC issue, but more often it's just a property that isn't filled.

@eulexia I had the same problem a few days ago in regards to DF not recognizing the DF spank mini pack, but it was definitely user error. Go to SLAL, specifically to the DF mini pack page, and register and enable the mini pack. There should be 7 animations that are detected.  Of course there may be something else that is interfering with your animations like what @Lupine00 said.