39 minutes ago, vinceagashi said:

I tried that too actually. There is still no option on either of my followers.

It is currently checked and has been checked for some time.

do you have a mcm menu from the mod?

if so you can go do debug and check a box to add a dialogue option to your current follower to start the mod.

Anyone have any suggestions for vanilla NPCs that make interesting DFs?

Ideally I'd want someone who's plausibly a bit slimy, but also someone who a Dragonborn would have reason to trust initially. I prefer a tough melee tank so that I can play support, but playing tankslut to a dom who just stays back and does nothing is also kinda hot. I'm using NFF so I can turn anyone into a follower.

Currently I've done:

- Sven (the classic option imo, but I've gone with him a bunch of times now)
- Belrand
- Irnskar Ironhand
- Ahtar
- Benor
- Cosnach

- Yngvar the Singer
- Uthgerd the Unbroken
- Nazeem (sadly he stops being a condescending prick once you turn him into a follower)
- Harrald (same)

edit: Riften actually has a couple more really good DF candidates: Maul (the bruiser who stops you when you first enter Riften) and Hemming Black-Briar, Maven's entitled son who also has dialogue sexually harrassing the court wizard.

On 9/27/2020 at 9:34 AM, Buridan said:

Ideally I'd want someone who's plausibly a bit slimy, but also someone who a Dragonborn would have reason to trust initially. I prefer a tough melee tank so that I can play support, but playing tankslut to a dom who just stays back and does nothing is also kinda hot. I'm using NFF so I can turn anyone into a follower.

Currently I've done:

- Sven (the classic option imo, but I've gone with him a bunch of times now)
- Belrand
- Irnskar Ironhand
- Ahtar
- Benor
- Cosnach

- Yngvar the Singer
- Uthgerd the Unbroken
- Nazeem (sadly he stops being a condescending prick once you turn him into a follower)
- Harrald (same)

I like Argis the Bulwark most.

On 9/27/2020 at 3:34 AM, Buridan said:

not really slimy, but you could always get one from one of the Orc Strongholds.

13 hours ago, valcon767 said:

not really slimy, but you could always get one from one of the Orc Strongholds.

Yeah, I feel like orcs in Skyrim tend to be "noble savage" types. Militaristic and sometimes close-minded, but obsessed with honor. Feels somewhat out-of-character for most of them to engage in underhanded devious manipulation. Cutting Room Floor has a broad-shouldered merc bruiser type orc (Grushnag) traveling with the main Khajiit caravan though. Been running with him, I quite like him as a DF. That male orc voice is so great.

Can someone who has used this mod for a long game please give me a rundown on what it is like?  I really like the concept of it but I am not sure if it would be fun for a playthrough.  The issue I am having is the balance between doing the whole slave life or having money.  It seems if you tone it down so the debt is manageable you don't really get a lot out of this mod, but if you let it get out of control for the slave experience you have to be poor af.  That means skipping content like owning land and houses or getting geared up with smiting and enchanting early/mid game.  I know money is useless late game but being in debt early game really cripples progression.

52 minutes ago, Alenin said:

Can someone who has used this mod for a long game please give me a rundown on what it is like?  I really like the concept of it but I am not sure if it would be fun for a playthrough.

I'm not sure if I am one who should answer this, because in 3k hours of playing I've completed the mainquest only two or three times.

I think all of these slavery (or submission) mods don't go well with being the dragonborn. On entering the Jarl's palace I lick Mistress' feet, come crawling on all fours to the Jarl and ask him if I may suck his cock, and then tell him, that I am Dragonborn, The Saviour of Skyrim, and if you don't mind I'll fuck your dog, too.

If you start with LAL, but not being a slave from the beginning, it's your own choice when you ask someone to follow you. So you can already have a house, a steward and your own carriage before starting SLtR or DFC, so you don't need to have money anymore. DFC gives you many options in MCM, you can set the money you owe to manageable amounts, depending on your level - and believe me, levelling as a slave will be really slow!

Being a slave massively interferes with questing. When Mistress decides it's time to relax, then it's Time to Relax. No matter if you're in a dungeon, prepared for the boss battle of just collecting flowers - when She puts you in a straightjacket there's not much else you can do but retrace your steps, sneak out, and hopefully come back tomorrow.

This mod is much fun and really annoying at the same time, but I wouldn't recommend using it for a playthrough. YMMV

5 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

I'm not sure if I am one who should answer this, because in 3k hours of playing I've completed the mainquest only two or three times.

I think all of these slavery (or submission) mods don't go well with being the dragonborn. On entering the Jarl's palace I lick Mistress' feet, come crawling on all fours to the Jarl and ask him if I may suck his cock, and then tell him, that I am Dragonborn, The Saviour of Skyrim, and if you don't mind I'll fuck your dog, too.

If you start with LAL, but not being a slave from the beginning, it's your own choice when you ask someone to follow you. So you can already have a house, a steward and your own carriage before starting SLtR or DFC, so you don't need to have money anymore. DFC gives you many options in MCM, you can set the money you owe to manageable amounts, depending on your level - and believe me, levelling as a slave will be really slow!

Being a slave massively interferes with questing. When Mistress decides it's time to relax, then it's Time to Relax. No matter if you're in a dungeon, prepared for the boss battle of just collecting flowers - when She puts you in a straightjacket there's not much else you can do but retrace your steps, sneak out, and hopefully come back tomorrow.

This mod is much fun and really annoying at the same time, but I wouldn't recommend using it for a playthrough. YMMV

Thanks for the reply.  I did try a playthrough with Submissive Lola Resub and it wasn't bad.  The only issue I had with it was I got through most of the mods events pretty fast.  But in terms of playing the game it was fine, all the really annoying things can be turned off and I still leveled pretty fast.  I am wondering if DFC is significantly more punishing to play?  I like how the slavery system is more forced in DFC.  In SLtR you only get as enslaved as you want.  Which makes it more roleplay then feeling like slavery.

1 hour ago, Alenin said:

Thanks for the reply.  I did try a playthrough with Submissive Lola Resub and it wasn't bad.  The only issue I had with it was I got through most of the mods events pretty fast.  But in terms of playing the game it was fine, all the really annoying things can be turned off and I still leveled pretty fast.  I am wondering if DFC is significantly more punishing to play?  I like how the slavery system is more forced in DFC.  In SLtR you only get as enslaved as you want.  Which makes it more roleplay then feeling like slavery.

What I like about Devious Followers is that you slowly end up in more and more bondage gear (because you keep making deals). I also use Sexlab Disparity to put debuffs on each item that slowly decrease as you get used to wearing them.  Great fun.

On 10/1/2020 at 2:02 AM, Alenin said:

I am wondering if DFC is significantly more punishing to play?  I like how the slavery system is more forced in DFC.

You can configure DFC to provide a high-pressure, or a very low-pressure experience.

If you set the daily cost to zero, you only have to pay for device removals; in that case the follower is mainly a benefit, in that they can rescue you from a lot of day-to-day Devious Device Trap annoyances, and are functioning like a Devious Helper. You can configure the price of those removals too, so it's all under your control.

If you set daily costs to put you under a lot of stress, then you likely will accumulate deals, and probably will end up enslaved. At that point it's quite intrusive, but you still get to steer things, unlike SD+, where you could end up stuck in a cave for days, or weeks, or simply murdered. 

However, for a game where you want to play mainly as a slave, SL is probably better for that, though it depends on how much interference you want from your master.

Slightly confused and needing some clarification about the willpower change upon sleeping mechanic: been trying out a setup with low will regained on sleep (min 1, max 2), it seems like when I'm a few deals deep, sleeping often reduces willpower or breaks even. From saving and reloading a bunch with different settings it looks like there are some things (like worn devices) that can reduce willpower when sleeping, that is cancelling out the base willpower gain? From the "min will regained" tooltip I made the (incorrect) assumption that I will always have a base net gain of X willpower when sleeping.

On 9/30/2020 at 5:27 PM, Alenin said:

Can someone who has used this mod for a long game please give me a rundown on what it is like?  I really like the concept of it but I am not sure if it would be fun for a playthrough.  The issue I am having is the balance between doing the whole slave life or having money.  It seems if you tone it down so the debt is manageable you don't really get a lot out of this mod, but if you let it get out of control for the slave experience you have to be poor af.  That means skipping content like owning land and houses or getting geared up with smiting and enchanting early/mid game.  I know money is useless late game but being in debt early game really cripples progression.

For me I think DF works best with some degree of chaos. What often happens at lower settings for me is, I get to a point where I have disposable income to throw around, and then I run into a tough knot of enemies that downs the follower a few times, or underestimate how long it takes to get somewhere, or get unlucky 2-3 times in a row with container traps that put me in devices, and suddenly I'm scrambling to stay out of debt again.

On 10/3/2020 at 5:54 AM, Buridan said:

Slightly confused and needing some clarification about the willpower change upon sleeping mechanic: been trying out a setup with low will regained on sleep (min 1, max 2), it seems like when I'm a few deals deep, sleeping often reduces willpower or breaks even. From saving and reloading a bunch with different settings it looks like there are some things (like worn devices) that can reduce willpower when sleeping, that is cancelling out the base willpower gain? From the "min will regained" tooltip I made the (incorrect) assumption that I will always have a base net gain of X willpower when sleeping.

It's always been a design intent, going back to DF 1.X days. The idea is that if you're in enough devices you just can't get your willpower up. It is a trap that the follower sets for you. The deals can often be quite harmless in practical terms, but if they tip the balance of willpower regain vs loss, then you slowly slide into submission. The problem with this was always that willpower fell off a cliff at a certain point, and I'm still not 100% certain that's not a problem. It's hard to know how many loss events a given game will generate, especially with things like STA causing losses. There are ways to address that, but are they necessary? I'm not sure that willpower does enough right now, and maybe that's a more important area to address.

That's not to say that it's all working perfectly as intended. I'll make a note to review the tooltip, and check the mechanics to determine whether there might need to be an additional option to regulate it.

It might be nice to have some "Chaos" options around this too, which would be an addition.

On 10/3/2020 at 5:54 AM, Buridan said:

For me I think DF works best with some degree of chaos.

I agree. With the revised Chaos mechanics, I think it's much more practical to set up Chaos in a limited way than it used to be. Before, because it defined absolute ranges, which you always had to tweak mid-game, it was painful. Now you can usually just set things you don't want to change to have a fixed scale of 1, and then set some variation range for the others. Even if you tweak the main settings you don't need to tweak the Chaos setup.

I'm afraid I've done nothing at this for weeks, and the almost complete release is sitting on my dev machine, waiting for testing and a proper milk deal implementation. It's a mix of diminished enthusiasm and real-world obligations eating up my time. I don't think I'll give up Skyrim any time soon, but I need to find a way to allow it sufficient time in my week, but not too much time. At the moment it's getting almost none.

Ok quick question, what’s they best way to play with the mod not running one of my companions as a Devious Follower for a bit? I just want to be able to run with Lydia as a regular companion for now while having the option to run her as a Devious Follower again later on once I’ve got some cash reserves going. Now I know I can set it up to remove her as a Devious Follower in the debug menu but that outright removes her as an option permanently. Am I best off to just pause the mod for now?

18 hours ago, twsnider1138 said:

but that outright removes her as an option permanently. Am I best off to just pause the mod for now?

Pause is easiest.

The ignore system uses a faction. NPCs in the ignore faction can't be DFs.

If you ignore an NPC you can remove them from that faction later.

You just have to use the console to do it instead of the MCM.

While playing, I came up with some ideas for this mod--as if you didn't have enough of those already. But maybe something will inspire you.

1. Vanity deal: one stage. Either the follower or the player (dependent on willpower?) chooses a material and a color (e.g. White Leather, Red Ebonite, Black Rope, Steel). For each device you wear that isn't of the correct combination, that could be of the correct combination, x% gets added to your daily debt. This includes items forcibly added by other mods. This deal could also add a new option. When requesting to remove a device, you could instead request only to replace a device with one of the correct material and color... for a nominal fee, of course.

2. Logistic curve (basic form: 1 / (1 + exp(-x) ) for the cost calculator. It only creates a single additional parameter to configure, the midpoint, and allows you to modify the calculation to best fit where you spend most of your playtime. Due to other mods, I never even get close to level 100; level 40 is probably the highest level I could hope to obtain in a playthrough. So setting the midpoint to level 20ish would make configuring the curve much nicer, for me at least.

3. I know defeat is outside the scope of this mod, but I've been playing with Respawn - Death Overhaul, and it just seems like a respawn feature integrates perfectly with the spirit of DF. If you imagine your follower as some experienced mercenary you've hired to protect you, then when you inevitably make a horrible mistake, your follower rescues you and drags you somewhere safe to recover, perhaps being forced to leave behind some of your possessions in the process. Of course, your follower deserves to be paid for such a heroic feat, and you deserve reprimand: debt, deals, sex, spanking, skooma (to help you heal, of course), gold control, lost lives, lost willpower, resistance fatigue... This all makes much more sense to me than the undead defenders of a crypt raping you rather than just chopping off your head. And if you don't have such a heroic follower... you die; which is a pretty big incentive to hire someone to protect you!

Idea time!  I'll throw in some more ideas:

Temptation Event(s): trigger at HIGH wp.  Follower tries to convince you to agree to do something stupid like wearing bondage.  Maybe they pay you to do it, dare you, offer a magic item, ect.

The point is to have the mod be more active at high wp, but the player can say no (b/c high wp.  Tempt high wp player to add some risk for a reward.

Event for hiring a follower at low wp.

Event for hiring an additional follower at low wp.

new event type

Minor Events: like events but less impactful, more for flavor and scene.  Could be as simple as the follower laughs at you for tripping or something, degrading resistance a bit.

Pamper Me! deal

1. Like the slut deal except it interrupts sometimes when talking to the follower, and the follower demands to be called by an honorific, or demands you call yourself something degrading.

ex:  "Hey Maximus..."   "SUPREME ULTRA-GOD Maximus!"  "sigh...  'Hey Supreme Ultra-God Maximus..."

"Hey Maximus I was thinking..."  "Your lowly servant was thinking...!"  "sigh..."

2. Follower demands you do small favors for them.  Get me an ale!  Get me some food!  Give me a backrub!

3. ???  (could easily reverse 1 and 2, maybe could be modular)

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but some integration between bathing in skyrim and the tape gag deal would be nice. The deal would prevent you from asking them to bathe, and the "bathing" scene would remove a certain percentage of dirtiness from the follower. Additionally, the follower could respond differently depending on how dirty they are, avoiding the dissonance of them complaining about "all the fighting they've been doing" when they've just bathed.

Unrelated, but sometimes it feels a bit overeager to trigger the scene. Occasionally when you walk into town and take off the gag to sell stuff, the scene is triggered immediately, before you can visit any vendors. This means you have to immediately remove the gag again, and hurry to as many vendors as possible. If you're unlucky you'll trigger the scene multiple times in the same shopping spree, which feels very odd with the current dialogue. 

I presume that the "I'll wait a couple of hours" dialogue is meant to prevent this, but it doesn't always work.

On 10/7/2020 at 7:23 AM, rawrrawr300 said:

1. Vanity deal: one stage. Either the follower or the player (dependent on willpower?) chooses a material and a color (e.g. White Leather, Red Ebonite, Black Rope, Steel). For each device you wear that isn't of the correct combination, that could be of the correct combination, x% gets added to your daily debt. This includes items forcibly added by other mods. This deal could also add a new option. When requesting to remove a device, you could instead request only to replace a device with one of the correct material and color... for a nominal fee, of course.

2. Logistic curve (basic form: 1 / (1 + exp(-x) ) for the cost calculator. It only creates a single additional parameter to configure, the midpoint, and allows you to modify the calculation to best fit where you spend most of your playtime. Due to other mods, I never even get close to level 100; level 40 is probably the highest level I could hope to obtain in a playthrough. So setting the midpoint to level 20ish would make configuring the curve much nicer, for me at least.

3. I know defeat is outside the scope of this mod, but I've been playing with Respawn - Death Overhaul, and it just seems like a respawn feature integrates perfectly with the spirit of DF. If you imagine your follower as some experienced mercenary you've hired to protect you, then when you inevitably make a horrible mistake, your follower rescues you and drags you somewhere safe to recover, perhaps being forced to leave behind some of your possessions in the process. Of course, your follower deserves to be paid for such a heroic feat, and you deserve reprimand: debt, deals, sex, spanking, skooma (to help you heal, of course), gold control, lost lives, lost willpower, resistance fatigue... This all makes much more sense to me than the undead defenders of a crypt raping you rather than just chopping off your head. And if you don't have such a heroic follower... you die; which is a pretty big incentive to hire someone to protect you!

I do like the vanity idea, but I'm not committing to any new deal ideas until I get this release done, because it's all just sky castles unless I'm free to work on it.

The curve thing, I would put low on my list. It was hard enough explaining the existing system without adding another value to the mix, or offering a new way to configure it.

If you don't plan to exceed level 40, then use the preview to set up numbers that make sense up to there and ignore the rest of the curve.

The defeat logic makes sense, but just circles back to "a tiny defeat", which I haven't done anything on yet. May never. My big problem right now is that I'm not doing stuff, and want to make a mod I can enjoy in Skyrim, and DF is definitely on diminishing returns in that respect. I use it, I get some value from it, but I'm overly familiar with it.

On 10/11/2020 at 11:09 AM, Baltasarr80 said:

Hi there. Dont know exactly if im right here. But i have a problem with dev follower SE. After some deals with my follower he wants to pimp my plugs or something than it ctd´s. Does any one has an idea? If i get a screenshot next time i edit it into this post

To get around this you can disable "use chain plug" and then either leave it as is, or switch to the whore plug manually.