16 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

This is probably tied into internal DD bugs unfortunately.

But it might be a bit more straightforward, such as a broken check ... so I'll put it in my list.

The only way I can fix this nonsense is to replace the (relatively small) chunk of code in the DD API with something more reliable.

That code has some odd logic in it, and a broken locking mechanic (and I mean code locking exclusive access to data via threads in this context).

Then, a huge number of DF scripts would need to be updated to use that new code.

As for my getting to do any code on DF in the near future ... it's not likely until the end of November.

I have work priorities until at least then, and I also need to move my dev environment off my old laptop.

I really am doing nothing at Skyrim just now, can't even play it, but I haven't given up on it.

Take your time. I understand RL priorities. Since you can progress the game by putting the straitjacket back on yourself, then I would even say this is a low priority as far as bug fixes go.

Thank you for all your time and responses.

Hi! I wanted to ask if you're still doing any development work on DF at all? If so, would it be possible to add an extra event listener or two? I'm interested in making a script patch that would sort of sit in between DF and SLUTS, and sort of make the two mods play off each other. The result would be that while your character is in service as a ponygirl, they aren't exactly considered fully enslaved so that DF pauses completely. That would mean these gameplay changes while doing this kind of "soft pause":

• Your follower continues to provide bodyguard services.
  • The daily cost is multiplied by 0.0 to 5.0 (configurable in MCM).
  • Deals are not enforced until the pause is over (i.e. after quitting ponygirl quests). New deals are still added.
  • Possibly some starting dialogue that says something like "I can see I won't be able to subject you to any deals, but this looks like it should be entertaining enough. You'll be paying extra for my help, though."

These changes would probably be inside the extension patch:

• Rather than nagging for payment, the follower can deduct the money they're owed directly from your SLUTS paycheck.
  • If your follower gives up and would normally enslave you, your total debt is instead added as SLUTS debt, trapping you as a ponygirl without a bodyguard.

The easiest thing (I think) would be to add a pair of new events, something like DF-softpause and DF-softunpause. That way, it should be easy enough to build these extension mods for any other mod that's already out there.  It would also probably be helpful for those last two items to include a variable in the new softpause event for a callback function on enslavement/debt nagging, so that my patch can respond to those events appropriately.

Hopefully my description wasn't confusing or anything. Does any of that sound interesting enough to add to the mod? I can see it working *much* better in concert with SLUTS, Laura's Bondage Shop, maybe Cursed Loot... any other mod where the player is earning money while bound.

Hi, I wanted to update DF from 2.10.1 to the most recent version (2.12.2). But after running Bodyslide and FNIS something is not working properly, probably smth with FNIS: all Humanoids are in the pose when you forgot to run FNIS and there is no movement animation. If i revert back to 2.10.2 everything's fine again...

12 hours ago, lolwutttt said:

Hi! I wanted to ask if you're still doing any development work on DF at all? If so, would it be possible to add an extra event listener or two? I'm interested in making a script patch that would sort of sit in between DF and SLUTS, and sort of make the two mods play off each other. The result would be that while your character is in service as a ponygirl, they aren't exactly considered fully enslaved so that DF pauses completely. That would mean these gameplay changes while doing this kind of "soft pause":

• Deals are not enforced until the pause is over (i.e. after quitting ponygirl quests). New deals are still added.
  • Possibly some starting dialogue that says something like "I can see I won't be able to subject you to any deals, but this looks like it should be entertaining enough. You'll be paying extra for my help, though."

• Rather than nagging for payment, the follower can deduct the money they're owed directly from your SLUTS paycheck.
  • If your follower gives up and would normally enslave you, your total debt is instead added as SLUTS debt, trapping you as a ponygirl without a bodyguard.

The easiest thing (I think) would be to add a pair of new events, something like DF-softpause and DF-softunpause. That way, it should be easy enough to build these extension mods for any other mod that's already out there.  It would also probably be helpful for those last two items to include a variable in the new softpause event for a callback function on enslavement/debt nagging, so that my patch can respond to those events appropriately.

Hopefully my description wasn't confusing or anything. Does any of that sound interesting enough to add to the mod? I can see it working *much* better in concert with SLUTS, Laura's Bondage Shop, maybe Cursed Loot... any other mod where the player is earning money while bound.

great idea +1

13 hours ago, matschbirne said:

Hi, I wanted to update DF from 2.10.1 to the most recent version (2.12.2). But after running Bodyslide and FNIS something is not working properly, probably smth with FNIS: all Humanoids are in the pose when you forgot to run FNIS and there is no movement animation. If i revert back to 2.10.2 everything's fine again...

The problem probably isn't DF, it's some other animation mod/SLAL pack that you have...

For no obvious reason, FNIS changed the strings it would accept in the final version, and that broke some old packs with underlines in names.

DF *is* compatible with latest FNIS, but some old mods are not.

That results in a failed FNIS run.

Check you have the latest FNIS and check your FNIS error messages.

If it's definitely your DF that will not FNIS, it's because it's not installed properly for some odd reason.

Maybe you have an overwrite from one of the SLAL packs that DF includes spank content from?

In theory, there shouldn't be any conflicts there.

Check overwrites by/against DF in your MO.

If you're using NMM, that's probably the cause.

Installation problems are highly mod-manger specific, yet users rarely even say what manager they're using.

If you're using Vortex, I can't help you at all.

On 11/4/2020 at 8:26 PM, lolwutttt said:

Oooh, that would be awesome! Mod inter compatibility is always great.

19 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

The problem probably isn't DF, it's some other animation mod/SLAL pack that you have...

THX for the fast answer, but...

well the problem is me... I didn't see that Df is not compatible with SSE. I don't know why 2.10 worked, but now it doesn't.

FNIS gives this warning:

>>Warning: \character\behaviors\FNIS_DeviousFollowers_Behavior.hkx not Skyrim SE compatible<<

Is this a file i could delete and only some animation isn't playing anymore? I don't want to use the spanking anyway. And where do I delete it, i guess in Creation Kit?

9 minutes ago, matschbirne said:

>>Warning: \character\behaviors\FNIS_DeviousFollowers_Behavior.hkx not Skyrim SE compatible<<

This mod is for LE

You get that error because you didnt convert the animations

Theres a SE conversion already uploaded somewhere, Ctrl F the Conversation Thread

I have reached a point in my game where this mod just stops working properly. The follower dialogue now vanishes every time I change cells. Using the reset option brings it back until the next cell change. With sqv I see that after each change the alias for the master is empty. Is there a way via console to repair this? It's strange that this happens after some time playing and not immediately on a new game., I wonder what went wrong

On 11/9/2020 at 4:56 PM, Brommer said:

Is there a way via console to repair this?

No you can't do that via console.

However, there is a repair function in the MCM Debug menu.

If that doesn't fix your problem, it's possible that some or all of the quest VMADs have become corrupt - as happens with Skyrim sometimes.

Usually, when this happen you will have other broken mods too. Possibly save file bloat.

Your only fix in that case would be uninstall, save clean, reinstall.

13 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

No you can't do that via console.

However, there is a repair function in the MCM Debug menu.

If that doesn't fix your problem, it's possible that some or all of the quest VMADs have become corrupt - as happens with Skyrim sometimes.

Usually, when this happen you will have other broken mods too. Possibly save file bloat.

Your only fix in that case would be uninstall, save clean, reinstall.

I did the save clean and reinstall, now it works again, I just wonder how long. Before that I tried the MCM option to fix stuck scenes and it actually fixed the cell change issue, but the problem was still there when loading a save.

5 hours ago, Brommer said:

I did the save clean and reinstall, now it works again, I just wonder how long. Before that I tried the MCM option to fix stuck scenes and it actually fixed the cell change issue, but the problem was still there when loading a save.

These kind of issues aren't specifically caused by DF, so there's not much I can do about them, even if I had a lot more time.

On 11/11/2020 at 3:21 PM, Lupine00 said:

These kind of issues aren't specifically caused by DF, so there's not much I can do about them, even if I had a lot more time.

I'm trying to figure out what could be the problem. I start seeing the "Are you stuck in a scene?" dialogue a lot again. What causes this dialogue to show up? Is it just scenes started by devious followers or any mod? I don't use many mods that affect followers (DF is the only mod that actually makes me want to run around with a follower from time to time), so if it's another mod I could probably find it easily.

On 11/13/2020 at 8:24 AM, Brommer said:

by devious followers or any mod

It could be any mod that does it.

DF just uses the InScene flag to enable that dialog, as a lot of logic in DF used to rely on that (and some still does) and several other mods rely on it too.

The debug menu feature that tries to fix the stuck scene may work for any mod ... or may not.

Sometimes Skyrim gets so broken that just about nothing will get you out of the scene.

4 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

It could be any mod that does it.

DF just uses the InScene flag to enable that dialog, as a lot of logic in DF used to rely on that (and some still does) and several other mods rely on it too.

The debug menu feature that tries to fix the stuck scene may work for any mod ... or may not.

Sometimes Skyrim gets so broken that just about nothing will get you out of the scene.

I haven't got the stuck scene dialogue in a while now and dug around in TESVedit a bit. I got the dialogue a lot when I was on Solstheim and I think it is just Neloth's elevator, which is handled as a scene. I guess I just have to wait for my follower to float all the way down before using the door. 

Lupine00, thanks for this mod. Having a great time with it, playing Nomkaz' SE port.

I have a handful of requests/ suggestions to add to the list of things for you to consider:

1. Is it possible to add an MCM option to make your devious follower essential/ protected/ not protected? I've been trying to make DF work with various settings of SL Submit/ SL Defeat/ Death Alternative/ Simple Slavery. In particular, I'd like to see an outcome where the player and followers are defeated, the follower is killed, and the player character is sold into slavery.
  2. Keying off that, if the follower is set to non-protected (i.e. doesn't automatically heal), it would be awesome if there's a way to add punishment debt (with appropriate commentary) for letting the follower get below certain health thresholds for longer than x seconds, and also for the follower not being healed back to full one minute after combat ends. This would allow for heal slut gameplay, which could be kind of fun. Whether this is a deal or a just a general setting doesn't matter to me, but making it a deal if the player character doesn't have any healing spells would be kind of mean - though I suppose keeping the follower in healing potions could work if there's a way for the DF to use them.
  3. If heal slut gameplay is enabled, it'd be awesome to have an option to include (or not) additional followers as people you need to keep well healed. A significant penalty for letting non-DF followers die would be pretty cool too.
  4. A debug option to kill the DF and remove all deals and debt cleanly would be useful for some RP scenarios.
  5. An option for the DF to charge punishment debt if the player character has sex with anyone other than the DF (and/ or other followers). This could/ could not include masturbation. Again, this could be a deal type thing or just an option. The reasoning could be something like "from now on, I am in charge of your sexuality" or "you need to control your slutty tendencies". This could provide a nice tension between things that increase arousal, debt, and finding ways to get off.
  6. A deal requiring the player character to have one or more additional followers, to equip those followers with devious devices and/ or service the additional followers in various ways (basically either the player character is a sub serving a larger group or the DF has several subs, including the PC).
  7. Additional followers commenting on DF events could add some flavour too, if it's possible. Some ideas:
    1. Player character takes a new deal and the follower comments "that new deal suits you, "does that feel good?" or ""don't you feel humiliated?"
    2. The player is getting is getting close to enslavement levels of debt and the follower comments "you're really asking for it, you know?"
    3. The player is enslaved due to debt and the follower comments "I always knew you'd end up like that" or "you're getting what you always wanted."
    4. First time the player makes a payment to the DF after a new follower has been recruited and the follower comments "I see how it is" or "I see who's the boss and who's the lackey."
    5. Player character is spanked and the additional follower comments "you need to remember your place" or "I love seeing you get spanked."
    6. The player character is whored out at an inn or at a merchant and the additional follower comments "whoring suits you" or "how humiliating. I bet you love it."

Anyways, those are just some ideas. Like I said, I'm really enjoying your work so far.

2 hours ago, Anunya said:

I have a handful of requests/ suggestions to add to the list of things for you to consider:

1. Lozeak designed the mod around the idea that you couldn't simply solve your problems by getting the follower killed, or killing them directly yourself.

I can see a few ways around this, but they require some new mechanics around debt continuation and follower replacement.

It's not easy to do at the moment.

2. Due to poor reliability of anything time dependent in Skyrim, this would always be a bit of a flakey mechanic. I'm not sure it can be done in a good way easily. It needs more thought. Would need to solve (1) first anyway.

3. Sure. This is probably a different and broader problem relating to multi-follower support ... which there is, but it's a bit underwhelming in immersiveness right now.

4. Was never done because of (1) but you can reset the mod in the MCM, which shouldn't kill the follower (and why do we want them dead anyway?)

5. This sounds like a modular deal to me. In terms of stopping masturbation, the follower already has a way :) I get there's a difference though.

6. This sounds like a whole new area of play.

7. It's harder to do well than it sounds.

In practice, I have some fairly narrow things I want to do with DF.

• I want to finish the deals that are essentially done and release that version, with the important bug-fixes it also adds.
  • I want to replace the scanner used by gangbang type events with a dependency on SLAX - which requires the SLAX release getting done - which will fix some of the worst issues with slavery breaking.
  • I want to fix a range of bugs around device handling that are caused by DD code that could be replaced with custom code.
  • I want to add a few more deals relating to SLS licenses, and integrate those licenses into DF in a way that makes sense.

That's probably about it for what's practical with the DF code-base as it stands.

I think long term, it's time for a new "DF style" mod that's easier to extend and maintain.

Whether such a mod should be focused mainly on prostitution, or whether it's more a dominant-follower heal-slut kind of thing, I'm still not sure.

2 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

1. Lozeak designed the mod around the idea that you couldn't simply solve your problems by getting the follower killed, or killing them directly yourself.

I can see a few ways around this, but they require some new mechanics around debt continuation and follower replacement.

It's not easy to do at the moment.

2. Due to poor reliability of anything time dependent in Skyrim, this would always be a bit of a flakey mechanic. I'm not sure it can be done in a good way easily. It needs more thought. Would need to solve (1) first anyway.

3. Sure. This is probably a different and broader problem relating to multi-follower support ... which there is, but it's a bit underwhelming in immersiveness right now.

4. Was never done because of (1) but you can reset the mod in the MCM, which shouldn't kill the follower (and why do we want them dead anyway?)

5. This sounds like a modular deal to me. In terms of stopping masturbation, the follower already has a way :) I get there's a difference though.

6. This sounds like a whole new area of play.

7. It's harder to do well than it sounds.

In practice, I have some fairly narrow things I want to do with DF.

• I want to finish the deals that are essentially done and release that version, with the important bug-fixes it also adds.
  • I want to replace the scanner used by gangbang type events with a dependency on SLAX - which requires the SLAX release getting done - which will fix some of the worst issues with slavery breaking.
  • I want to fix a range of bugs around device handling that are caused by DD code that could be replaced with custom code.
  • I want to add a few more deals relating to SLS licenses, and integrate those licenses into DF in a way that makes sense.

That's probably about it for what's practical with the DF code-base as it stands.

I think long term, it's time for a new "DF style" mod that's easier to extend and maintain.

Whether such a mod should be focused mainly on prostitution, or whether it's more a dominant-follower heal-slut kind of thing, I'm still not sure.

Thanks for the answers Lupine00 - that all makes a bunch of sense. I'll just continue playing happily with what we've got and see what develops over time :)

1 hour ago, aspirine2 said:

30000 debt and follower take no action toward pc ...just keep adding more debt !?

If you set the enslavement threshold above that, then that would be working as intended.

You need to provide a bit more information.

Probably, your mod is broken though :) 

1 hour ago, Lupine00 said:

If you set the enslavement threshold above that, then that would be working as intended.

You need to provide a bit more information.

Probably, your mod is broken though :) 

many thanks for the support... where is the enslavement threshold submenu ...pc is a slave forgot to mention that ...the follower is angry...bud didn't discard the slave or throw pc in the Falmer pit !?