19 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

I didn't say the gag itself needs to be BlockGeneric.

Any BlockGeneric item will cause this problem for all worn devices.

This is basically a performance decision. It's quite costly to go through every slot and analyse it individually, and DF was never written to have that sort of capability; it's not architected that way.

However, there are some odd choices in DCL about what items have BlockGeneric on them. I raised these issues on the DCL forum, and pressed as hard as I could to get some review of what I feel are incorrect decisions about the use of BlockGeneric and Quest flags where there is no real need to have them.

For example, if you get something like LBA from DCL, you'll get a BlockGeneric yoke. The best I can say about this is that it's not a quest yoke.

I have seen the LBA yoke mistakenly applied by various mods as 'just a regular old yoke', so that's one problem case.

That's actually a really helpful clarification, thank you.

15 hours ago, frhghz said:

For some reason, after I paused this mod for a while, I can't seem to reactivate it. even deaktivating it in my loadorder and reapplying doesn't fix this :(

If you're going down that path you need to make a clean save.

That means you remove the mod.

Load game. OK to start with missing ESP.

Save.

Apply a save cleaner to the save.

Remove orphaned scripts.

Save.

Load and test. Check no weird script spam from scripts that should no longer exist.

Save.

Re-add DFC as final mod in your LO.

Load.

Should now have a working DFC.

Heyo.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for armour mods to use for the custom whore armours.

Specifically Light and Heavy, I've found a good one for Mage, but I'm having trouble finding good armour mods that are actually skimpier and sluttier than what my current armour replacer is, which I feel kind of looses the point if it's not.

For reference I'm using the CBBE conversion for this mod as my main replacer: (BD UUNP Armor and clothes replacer) https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/89849?tab=files

CBBE conversion here for anyone interrested: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/96311?tab=description

And the one I've found for the mage slot is in this one: (COCO LaceBody - CBBE-UNP) https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/100254?tab=description

Thank you for anything.

Also, on a seperate note.

In my latest playthrough I noticed that Resistance Fatigue does not go away when buying out of deals, and that priests and priestesses don't have the option to donate the 200 gold.

It's only the one priest in the temple of Mara who you can donate 5 gold to at a time, which does not seem to make you lose fatigue either.

3 hours ago, Ursur1major said:

Also, on a seperate note.

In my latest playthrough I noticed that Resistance Fatigue does not go away when buying out of deals, and that priests and priestesses don't have the option to donate the 200 gold.

It's only the one priest in the temple of Mara who you can donate 5 gold to at a time, which does not seem to make you lose fatigue either.

DF allows you to donate to several priests, and the donation is NOT 5 gold :) 

The donation option will only show up if you have enough money to donate, which is usually multiples of 1000.

If it's not showing up, that's a bug - the 5 gold thing is as mentioned by @Zagzaguel a vanilla thing, like the 1 gold donation to beggars.

It works for me; the dialog conditions are fairly simple, but ... you need sufficient money, boredom, and a follower.

Donations should be possible in Whiterun, Solitude, Riften, Windhelm, and Markarth.

There's a faction that you can add people to if you want more donation options.

12 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

DF allows you to donate to several priests, and the donation is NOT 5 gold :) 

The donation option will only show up if you have enough money to donate, which is usually multiples of 1000.

If it's not showing up, that's a bug - the 5 gold thing is as mentioned by @Zagzaguel a vanilla thing, like the 1 gold donation to beggars.

It works for me; the dialog conditions are fairly simple, but ... you need sufficient money, boredom, and a follower.

Donations should be possible in Whiterun, Solitude, Riften, Windhelm, and Markarth.

There's a faction that you can add people to if you want more donation options.

I assumed as much, but I wasn't sure since I didn't see any other options among any of the priests, maybe the conditions just weren't right, I definitely had the money for it though.

But what about the problem with resistance fatigue not dissapearing when buying out of deals? is that anything that can be replicated? My character's been sitting on a fancy 100 fatigue for a while now and that's even with me testing with taking new deals and then buying out of them several times and going to sleep.

What are the conditions for the DF to take all the PC's equipment and sell it?  I've started DF several times now and the DF will either go to controlling the gold or making deals for the PC.  I thought the first step was supposed to be take all her gear before either of those happened. 

6 hours ago, Ursur1major said:

But what about the problem with resistance fatigue not dissapearing when buying out of deals? is that anything that can be replicated? My character's been sitting on a fancy 100 fatigue for a while now and that's even with me testing with taking new deals and then buying out of them several times and going to sleep.

Would require detailed investigation. Do others see this?

2 hours ago, cailic said:

What are the conditions for the DF to take all the PC's equipment and sell it?  I've started DF several times now and the DF will either go to controlling the gold or making deals for the PC.  I thought the first step was supposed to be take all her gear before either of those happened. 

I can't recall off hand, but I think it only happens in endless mode, and is now a last resort, not a first resort.

Instead, the first resort now is "We need to talk" followed by obligatory deals.

This was a Lozeak 2.X change I think.

It's not especially well implemented, because IIRC it chooses a number of items at random, ignoring their value when it picks them.

1 hour ago, Lupine00 said:

It's not especially well implemented, because IIRC it chooses a number of items at random, ignoring their value when it picks them.

This brings up an amusing potential imaginary conversation that goes something like this.

DF: You're not wearing your special thing I gave you to wear.

PC: You just took it away and sold it!

DF: I don't care. You're still not wearing it.

PC: Well do you have another one?

DF: Yes but it's going to cost you.....

Presumably the strip item script hopefully wouldn't target quest items or items the Devious Follower gave to the pc.

5 hours ago, Balgin said:

Presumably the strip item script hopefully wouldn't target quest items or items the Devious Follower gave to the pc.

I can't actually remember, but it does have some criteria the items must fit, it's not just anything that gets taken, so I suspect that it doesn't happen like the conversation.

21 hours ago, Ursur1major said:

Heyo.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for armour mods to use for the custom whore armours.

Specifically Light and Heavy, I've found a good one for Mage, but I'm having trouble finding good armour mods that are actually skimpier and sluttier than what my current armour replacer is, which I feel kind of looses the point if it's not.

For reference I'm using the CBBE conversion for this mod as my main replacer: (BD UUNP Armor and clothes replacer) https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/89849?tab=files

CBBE conversion here for anyone interrested: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/96311?tab=description

And the one I've found for the mage slot is in this one: (COCO LaceBody - CBBE-UNP) https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/100254?tab=description

Thank you for anything.

i have several that would probably work but are in a combined mod and i don't remember the individual names, other than this one

12 hours ago, valcon767 said:

i have several that would probably work but are in a combined mod and i don't remember the individual names, other than this one

Melodic's new Reverse Bunnysuit is fantastic. It has no heels though, which is a bit of an odd choice.

If you use it as a whore armor, I strongly recommend nerfing the insane armor values and cash values on it and making it non-vendable.

For use with DF, it may make sense to merge the neck, top and bottom into a single item that uses slot-32 only so you can use devices with it.

18 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Melodic's new Reverse Bunnysuit is fantastic. It has no heels though, which is a bit of an odd choice.

If you use it as a whore armor, I strongly recommend nerfing the insane armor values and cash values on it and making it non-vendable.

For use with DF, it may make sense to merge the neck, top and bottom into a single item that uses slot-32 only so you can use devices with it.

How do I merge together armor pieces?

I thought I succeeded in outfit studio but actually testing in game they only have the torso piece.

On top of that, one thing that isn't exactly explained in the custom whore armour tutorial section is how you actually check to make sure their texture paths are set up correctly.

Other than that, thank you telling me about Melodic

Edit: if only anything I tried to do in outfit studio would work, parts missing in game even though I've added them and they show up when I build the outfit, constant crashes, some outfits not showing ANY presets and of course the lack of textures.

19 hours ago, Ursur1major said:

I thought I succeeded in outfit studio but actually testing in game they only have the torso piece.

You probably merged the NIF ok, but the slots are wrong.

Check/fix in NifSkope afterwards.

You want it all to be one big slot-32 item. Probably. It's up to you really, but if you're merging them, probably you wanted that.

On 3/23/2020 at 3:43 AM, Lupine00 said:

If you're going down that path you need to make a clean save.

That means you remove the mod.

Load game. OK to start with missing ESP.

Save.

Apply a save cleaner to the save.

Remove orphaned scripts.

Save.

Load and test. Check no weird script spam from scripts that should no longer exist.

Save.

Re-add DFC as final mod in your LO.

Load.

Should now have a working DFC.

Ok, I'll try, could you advice me which save cleaner I should use?

Tried it, the orphaned scripts seemed to be removed, but I couldn't restart the mod, after reinstalling

Can someone help? I installed the mod but nothing has changed. All the followers I run into still have the default dialogue from Nether's Follower Framework. I can access the MCM for DF so I know it's installed, but how do I actually start the quests?

18 hours ago, AWHA said:

Can someone help? I installed the mod but nothing has changed. All the followers I run into still have the default dialogue from Nether's Follower Framework. I can access the MCM for DF so I know it's installed, but how do I actually start the quests?

After you recruit a follower, then after a short while they should say "I hope you don't try to cheat me..." This indicates that DF has activated for the follower.

If you don't see that after a while, you can try to use the feature in the Debug menu to explicitly make an existing follower "devious" - they should already have been recruited as a follower at that point.

If that fails, then it's likely that your DF quest is crashing during the startup phase. This would suggest some kind of installation problem. Some people think RDO can cause issues, though it's fine for me.

18 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

After you recruit a follower, then after a short while they should say "I hope you don't try to cheat me..." This indicates that DF has activated for the follower.

If you don't see that after a while, you can try to use the feature in the Debug menu to explicitly make an existing follower "devious" - they should already have been recruited as a follower at that point.

If that fails, then it's likely that your DF quest is crashing during the startup phase. This would suggest some kind of installation problem. Some people think RDO can cause issues, though it's fine for me.

Thanks for the tips. Something in my saved game must be messing with the DF quest. I tried a new game and it works.

Another question: how does "selling" the player/slave to another follower work? How many different scenarios are there for "selling" and how is it triggered?

Also, when making a deal, is there a way to make the follower "equip" the DD items on the player instead of simply adding it to the player's inventory?

Sorry for having so many questions, I just discovered this mod and am having a blast!

On 3/30/2020 at 5:52 PM, AWHA said:

how does "selling" the player/slave to another follower work? How many different scenarios are there for "selling" and how is it triggered?

There is one scenario, but it is quite broad.

If you are enslaved by the follower, and you enabled selling, then after the minimum duration has elapsed, the follower may sell you.

They don't sell you unless they bump into a buyer.

This triggers a little scene (always the same one) and your ownership is transferred and the buyer becomes a DF.

IIRC, Historically, a buyer was absolutely any NPC. I'm not sure now, maybe there were some minimal restrictions.

I think I made some small changes so it's a bit more discerning about who you can be sold to.

I can't recall exactly what changes though. Possibly, I limited it to unique NPCs only.

Maybe I restricted it further, perhaps even to potential followers... My memory is hazy.

Lozeak wanted the threat of being sold to anyone because it would be fun. Being sold to a temporary NPC, or a shopkeeper was hopeless, and not really fun.

If you want that kind of behavior, SD+ does a better job of it.

I'm sorry, but for now, I'm not in a position to access my development machine or look at the code, so I can't answer accurately.

have you thought of using sex as payment for debt?  slowing declining amount (as the follower gets bored with the PC)  and/or having different sex acts worth more, but all decline based on how many times you use this as a payment.   ie  (blowjob worth 100 septims the first time , and 80 the second or some other scaling)

16 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

There is one scenario, but it is quite broad.

If you are enslaved by the follower, and you enabled selling, then after the minimum duration has elapsed, the follower may sell you.

They don't sell you unless they bump into a buyer.

This triggers a little scene (always the same one) and your ownership is transferred and the buyer becomes a DF.

IIRC, Historically, a buyer was absolutely any NPC. I'm not sure now, maybe there were some minimal restrictions.

I think I made some small changes so it's a bit more discerning about who you can be sold to.

I can't recall exactly what changes though. Possibly, I limited it to unique NPCs only.

Maybe I restricted it further, perhaps even to potential followers... My memory is hazy.

Lozeak wanted the threat of being sold to anyone because it would be fun. Being sold to a temporary NPC, or a shopkeeper was hopeless, and not really fun.

If you want that kind of behavior, SD+ does a better job of it.

I'm sorry, but for now, I'm not in a position to access my development machine or look at the code, so I can't answer accurately.

need to limit to followerable characters.  My pc was sold to a horse.   haha.. not kidding. 

8 hours ago, macnchz said:

need to limit to followerable characters.  My pc was sold to a horse.   haha.. not kidding. 

Awesome! Now we finally understand how that crazy woman who is the milk-slave to a cow got where she was.

But seriously, should PC-slave-purchasers be restricted to "Potential Follower Faction" only?

Or do people like being sold to shopkeepers and Nazeem?

54 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Awesome! Now we finally understand how that crazy woman who is the milk-slave to a cow got where she was.

But seriously, should PC-slave-purchasers be restricted to "Potential Follower Faction" only?

lol.  it was a long time ago, and my pc hasnt been traded off to a horse in ages.  

6 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

I don't really feel like being sold to completely random NPCs works very well, since they'd essentially just put their lives on hold to follow this random person on adventures. Random shopkeepers and spouses being dragged off into dungeons just feels a bit weird.

Having it be limited to potential followers makes sense, since they're going to be out adventuring anyway. Besides, people are probably more likely to have mods that make followers prettier than random NPCs.