I just wanted to add to the admiration for this mod! I installed it more out of reflex than anything else, thinking I'd check it out later in the game. Then my character got kidnapped and jailed by a tentacle monster, and I was rather pissed at first, because I couldn't avoid being indoctrinated (I didn't think to bail out my main char until it was too late). Then I said, oh hell with it, and instead of reloading, I started exploring the mod options. Needless to say, my daughters are terrorizing Europe in a glorious fashion, and my main character is married to a cosmic horror. Wow, my dynasty went on a completely different path to power than I'd imagined. Chaos is a ladder!

Great writing, great mechanics, great overall execution! My only complaint is the images, but that's because, to me, anime pics just destroy immersion in CK2. But that's a personal artistic opinion, and I don't rate the mod on that. After all, I can change the photos myself.

Also, I just wanted to add, to anyone experiencing lag in their CK2 modded game: my lag was so bad that by circa 850 I couldn't even play the game. After much research, and with the help of this thread, I found it was the Dark World Extras mod. I removed that and started over, and I'm breezing through the game just fine. Got lag? Remove Dark World Extras.

I just wanted to drop by and say THANK YOU to Cheri for a well thought-out mod! Very professionally made and supported. I'm really looking forward to your CK3 creations.

Thank you very much for sharing!

Oh, my family tree is gonna be a mess when I finally croak then. Besides everyone I've knocked up, there's also enough incest to link the families I've had individually until they all have the same blood of every other mother.

Also after a bit of playing around, I thought being a cultist was OP, since cultists never hate each other and will universally have 100 opinion. I was wrong. Being a tentacle monster lets you mass rape, attack leaders, and then vassalizeing them with a special action only they get, flipping entire kingdoms without even declaring war.

On 10/29/2020 at 9:16 PM, MagnaSonic3000 said:

Oh, my family tree is gonna be a mess when I finally croak then. Besides everyone I've knocked up, there's also enough incest to link the families I've had individually until they all have the same blood of every other mother.

Also after a bit of playing around, I thought being a cultist was OP, since cultists never hate each other and will universally have 100 opinion. I was wrong. Being a tentacle monster lets you mass rape, attack leaders, and then vassalizeing them with a special action only they get, flipping entire kingdoms without even declaring war.

Chthulhu f'thagn!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2020 at 8:45 PM, DarkAtma said:

Hello! i am new to modding CK2 yet i cant seem to make this work,anytime i try playing as a tentacle monster the portraits are blank and hard to interact with,plus the 'emblem' becomes a black circle,did i somehow messed some part of the process?

Download the image pack.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2020 at 7:42 AM, BloodWitch1337 said:

So out of curiosity, is there going to be a recreation of this for CK3? I'm not sure how well it could be done in CK3, but would love to see this over there.

Tentative yes. This is a very complex mod and it will take a long time to reimplement to any satisfactory degree. Ask again in a few years once CK3 is more feature complete.

On 11/26/2020 at 8:22 AM, Cheri Song said:

Tentative yes. This is a very complex mod and it will take a long time to reimplement to any satisfactory degree. Ask again in a few years once CK3 is more feature complete.

That and Paradox has released 30 some odd paid Content DLCs and overhauled about 90% of the original game into a format  that looks completely alien to anyone only exposed to the base game, rendering mod development a nightmare of playing catchup and fix shit in the latest patch.

10 hours ago, soldier847 said:

That and Paradox has released 30 some odd paid Content DLCs and overhauled about 90% of the original game into a format  that looks completely alien to anyone only exposed to the base game, rendering mod development a nightmare of playing catchup and fix shit in the latest patch.

Yeah, after a while, CK3 comes across as being kinda thin in the gameplay department.  I'd just wait for a while till it's more fleshed out - and in the meantime I'm still playing CK2 more than CK3 right now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2020 at 1:22 PM, Cheri Song said:

Do you have patreon or subscribestar or anything like that?

edit: nevermind I can't read.

Hi, 
I got a small problem at hand  here.

every time i try to settle as nomad (be it to tribal or fudal) the game just crashes. 
I tried letting the ai do it, with the same result
I changed the city
 Disbanded all units 
 tryed diffrent rulers (married, slave etc.)
but there seems no way for me to get past that

When klicking on "Do it" it just CTDs

At the moment i already founded the Draconic religion and the scarlet sisters, that is it.

My Mods
Tentacled Dreams
Dark World Reborn
Luxuria Fantasia
Alas Body mod
Crusader Milk

Sorry, I can't help you as I am no longer actively working on this mod. Nomads have always been a little weird so I'm not surprised that a bug like this exists.

If it's any consolation, it's usually better to remain nomadic from a gameplay perspective, because nomads are totally busted in CK2 and feudalizing will just make you weaker

Oh, my family tree is gonna be a mess when I finally croak then.

My starting TM lasted 130 years. So yes, most likely.

If playing as a male ruler, do the tentacles actively try to assault females of your family/kingdom? And can they get converted to broodmothers and the likes?

Yes, both.

I'd like to do a quick rundown on what is probably my longest Tentacle Dreams playthrough and find stuff to chuckle at along the way. Here goes.

Mods: TD, LF, Asian Goddess, Crusader Milk

Game rules of note: Asian Goddess - Inheritance ON

So, first thing - this isn't, technically speaking, my longest playthrough as any tentacle-related character (monster or slave). Most of this game was spent playing as Romuva or Slavic characters as I try to unite and reform them.

I launched my starting invasion on Karloman and after another war with Karl I seized most of the Empire of Francia. So I thought "fine, the AI should be able to get Brittany by itself", then switched to play as Bohemia.

After a lot of gameplay as Slavic and Romuva characters wherein I succeeded in uniting and reforming both, I was stuck with the usual stuff - uprisings and factions ad nauseam, until finally, the Cthonis brood, de facto Empire of Francia (yes, the ai did manage to conquer Brittany), collapsed.

And the funni begins.

See, when I set Asian Goddess to ON, I thought it meant female children of Asian Goddesses would always be Asian Goddesses, but it does exactly what it says on the tin - EVERY child of EVERY Asian Goddess is female, and EVERY one of them is an Asian Goddess. This wasn't really a problem back when the Cthonis brood was still kicking for reasons unknown, but ever since its collapse Asian Goddesses were everywhere. Literally. They even showed up in Komi. Suomensuko Finnish-Ugaric Asian Goddesses, by Perun!

Here we come to the next funni. You may ask what the lord of Moskow and Prague was doing in the desolate Ural foothills where choosing to build a castle or city is important business because you cannot build the other one for centuries. I was raiding. And the gains were absurd. The increased chance of capture applies to everyone, not just tentacle-related factions. Which, combined with how Asian Goddesses mass-produce themselves, means I have an enormous supply of gold. Tens of thousands of gold coins from the slave trade.

Another thing that does not help is purging tentacle corruption makes counties extremely rebellious. Under normal circumstances, a 9k rebel army should pose a significant problem. Under this set of circumstances, it means I have a stable supply of slaves, guaranteed to be of breeding age, and guaranteed to be attractive. Selling the slave covers the cost of reinforcing my retinues. I am actively slave farming instead of being really troubled by the entire rebellious counties issue.

Back to the mass of counties and duchies known formerly as the Cthonis brood. When I was still playing as the brood, I did not raise any one of my children as tentacle monster characters, and interesting thing is, neither did the AI. So when the brood collapsed, it was slaves left and right, all living amicably with each other. 

Except of course, the three members of House R'lyeh that have the potential to reunite the brood - the lords of the Company of the Star, the Company of St. George, and the Lombard Band. Catholic TM mercenary leaders who for some reason could be defeated by Dagonic uprisings (this happened for Ialdagorth, Condottiere of the Company of St. George).

And besides these three we have another candidate, Ialdagorth the Hivemaster of Normandy … who is a Submissionist heretic. Dagonism is on the verge of extinction in its homeland indeed.

Still, tentacle factions are also on the attack, and for the first time in over a century, tentacle warfare has come to Holstein as the Slavic Union and various tentacle duchies and counties clash over control of the Baltic Sea ...

Miscellaneous funni:

- Imprisoning a tentacle slave easily ensures that she lives past the age of 45, even if she is unlanded.

- AI TMs do not release fully corrupted tentacle slaves. Like, never. They will live in the dark, wet paradise known as the prison of a tentacle monster until they expire. Probably because even landed AI slaves never use the ask to release option.

- Almost every duchy-tier TM and slave has an overfilled court. Activating Court Size Limit is a good way to drain their gold.

- Neither Rhagothua, my starting TM, nor any of its female descendants raise a tentacle monster into the direct family line. 157 years into the game, and of the 138 monsters and slaves that carry the name R'lyeh, only two of them, both slaves, are descendants of the First Broodlord and its wives. I assume the rest are adopted children of prisoners.

- Try not to challenge Catholics in 1066. They will crusade you, and they will kill you. Kind of the point of starting in 769.

- If you conquer a county with tentacle culture and make a new vassal out of it, your vassal may flip to it. Try holding on to it until its culture also flips.

• 2 weeks later...

v4.5 "Surprise Bug Fix Edition" - 5 January 2021

Compatible with saved games from v3.4 and up.

Cheri Scripting Library has been updated, remember to download it as well.

Thanks to SuccinctScrivener for all these bug fixes!

Bug Fixes (in SuccinctScrivener's words)

• Scarlet Sister's 'Offer Body' decision no longer subtracts society currency from the target rather than the decision taker

• Scarlet Sister's 'Public Service' is now delayed rather than failed when you host or attend a tentacle fertility festival

• Moved cities and temples from allowed_holdings_culture/religion to allowed_holdings for tentacle concubinages, since it seems the ai always tries to get rid of them, regardless of if they are the correct culture/religion or not. Tentacle monster governments have the same issue, but it seems more in line with their style of rule

• 'Invite Tentacle Monster to Court' decision gold cost capped

• Fixed issues with prisoners' tentacle born girls decision tree

• Hopefully fixed issue with ai keeping too many tentacle born girls

• Fixed the 'Known Tentacle Slut' notification sometimes displaying the wrong portrait and name

• Restricted Tentacle.3010 to vanishing unimportant characters

• Fixed the society currency gain localisation for demons in lilithid secret cults. requires csl update

• 'Born in the Purple' added to tentacle born children more accurately

• Some instances of 'trait = incapable' replaced with is_incapable

• Minor optimizations

• Tons of tooltips cleaned up. So many tooltips.