On 5/30/2020 at 3:58 AM, numanumani said:

Regarding the last one answer specifically, I don't recall changing any vassal limit setting; Is that one of the initial game options? I left everything on the default setting other than turning the pregenerated families off and when it comes to TD, I lowered the encounter frequency since I found the default one to be too frequent. Oh well.

There are two possibilities for that:

1. Turning off vassal limit is in base game rules, so you might have turned it off;

2. You have too many vassals, simply put.

On 6/1/2020 at 12:22 AM, florkme said:

Yeah, you can decide "no" over and over and over and over but that completely stops your progression. You get random encounters and fucked occasionally, the end.

There's no way to be dominant over them. There's no way to be neutral.
There isn't even any way to resist them if you're exposed to them. "Tentacles in the room, you're getting fucked".

All those character stats and modifiers just go straight out the window. Plus it really ruins the idea of there being anything but exactly one kind of woman. Kind of demeaning to be told that "you are and can be exactly one kind of girl".

Convince Cheri to add content or just sub-mod the mod. I think Cheri's stance of "here be no femdom tentacle cults" is not going to change, though.

Any suggestion for playing as a tentacle cultist? I am current the Queen of Yemen, but either Fatima or Seljuk can easily Jihad me and end my game. And tentacle cultists cannot marry with Christian, Muslim or Jew, which means I cannot seek any diplomacy solution.
Yeah I started as Arwa al-Sulayhi. But now it seems like a mistake consider me CKII skill. I usually play as powerful lieges like Byzantium or hide on the edge of map like Britain or Baltic. I rarely play as an independent ruler on the frontline of Catholic, Orthodox and Islam.

On 5/31/2020 at 11:22 AM, florkme said:

All those character stats and modifiers just go straight out the window. Plus it really ruins the idea of there being anything but exactly one kind of woman. Kind of demeaning to be told that "you are and can be exactly one kind of girl".

The tentacles are considered some other wordly eldritch horror, so the idea of a woman controlling what is essentially a cosmic being is just silly. You either get fucked or you don't, it's really that simple. I don't think there's any reason to have a middle ground.

On 6/6/2020 at 9:43 AM, MagnaSonic3000 said:

The tentacles are considered some other wordly eldritch horror, so the idea of a woman controlling what is essentially a cosmic being is just silly. You either get fucked or you don't, it's really that simple. I don't think there's any reason to have a middle ground.

By the same token, controlling giant flying fire-breathing balls of muscle and teeth also seems silly. In some mythos controlling dragons is due to a partnership, in others magic or some other form of otherworldly power. Since tentacle beasts cant fall into the first category, controlling them with magic would be the only option. Hopefully something to do with the Lilithanist tentacle religion, which says that tentacle monsters are the spawn and consorts of Lilith and are awaiting her return.

All if this is irrelevant though since its ultimately up to Cheri.

On 6/1/2020 at 12:22 AM, florkme said:

Plus it really ruins the idea of there being anything but exactly one kind of woman. Kind of demeaning to be told that "you are and can be exactly one kind of girl".

This is my fetish, I'm sorry if it doesn't appeal to you.

So I'm in the middle of a 3.4 run so it's possible that this is 3.4 but I don't see any notes in the changelog since addressing it.  Anyways, my religion's moral authority was pretty much stuck at zero for a long time in spite of significant conquest from holy wars and a handful of lesser items (it was something like +30 holy wars, +5 conquest, +10 holy site of Antioch, +20 Organized, +5 infestation - those are differentials where applicable).  Reason: tentacle invasion failures vastly outnumbered tentacle invasion successes in the early game.  Like when I first checked it was -145 vs +35 and the 100 point spread lasted for a good 50 years even if the numbers shifted over time.  Even right now, I've got a -90 against +15.   Which for the early game I guess is fine and if you can progressively overcome it, it does feel in the spirit with the idea but holy crap is that disspiriting to found the religion and find an 80 point deficit waiting for you.

v4.0 "The Scarlet Sisters, Part 1" - 15 June 2020

Compatible with saved games from v3.4 and up.

New Features

• Added The Scarlet Sisters, a new society for characters with tentacle religion. This is a society of sacred prostitutes dedicated to performing works of charity.

• The Scarlet Sisters must be founded via decision. The decision will only appear for characters who are openly of tentacle religion. You also have to meet a bunch of other requirements, such as being charitable, kind, or just.

• The society is still a work in progress and only the first two ranks have any content. More stuff is forthcoming.

• Tentacle Cultist rulers can now take loans from the Scarlet Sisters once they have been founded.

Tweaks

• Increased the Essence cost for mindbreaking a female ruler from 25 to a scaling cost based on their ruler tier. This makes it harder to spam mindbreak to make rulers agree to your diplomatic requests.

• You no longer gain Devotion for non-vanilla traits when you're in a secret tentacle cult. This reduces devotion bloat and makes it a little bit more consistent regardless of the mods you have active.

Bug Fixes

• People no longer like you more if you're discovered to be in a secret tentacle cult.

• Fixed characters joining tentacle societies less often than intended.

• Fixed tentacle invader duchies having the "Brood" suffix twice.

• Tentacle government should now update more consistently and correctly.  

Hey there, I noticed a couple of bugs.

Unknown trigger-type: "random_list" at  file: common/scripted_effects/tentacle_scripted_effects_misc.txt line: 765

Unknown modifier-type 'faction_overthrow_tentacle_monster_target_ultimatum_timer, location: " file: common/cb_types/tentacle_cb_types.txt line: 1987"
Unknown modifier-type 'faction_install_tentacle_monster_target_ultimatum_timer, location: " file: common/cb_types/tentacle_cb_types.txt line: 2213"

In the file "tentacle_events_scarlet_sisters.txt":

on lines 323, 704, 707 and 708 the trait "dutiful_cleric" should be "martial_cleric" (because PDX),

on line 1493 it has text instead of name,

on lines 2192 and 2193 are missing an equals sign.

It is also complaining about multiple references to "csl_impregnate_cuckoo_if_possible_effect" but having redownloaded CSL I can't seem to find any reference to it in there.

Been playing this mod for a bit.  I'm enjoying it thus far.  Out of curiosity, is the only method of brain washing through sex, or are there also tentacle types that can use hypnotic techniques like tentacles that pulse with hypnotic light or the ability to call out to sleeping women with telepathic commands?

Love the mod. Really fun to play around with and honestly, I'm impressed with how well it's put together too. Most of the issues I have encountered, I suspect were either a weird interaction with another mod or a side effect of me doing dumb crap in the console.

One idea I had was to add a religion feature that would allow pagan religions to reform into tentacle worship. Sketched out a bare-bones version and just adding an OR block and has_religion_feature to the has_tentacle_religion scripted_trigger captured most of the expected behavior, which was pretty cool. Created Tentacle Bön and since I picked Temporal leadership, I was amused that handing the religious head title off to a tentacle monster converted them. (My efforts to install a tentacle pope remain unsuccessful.)

There are still issues with opinion modifiers since the reformed religion is in pagan_group not tentacle_group, but that's more an issue with how religious groups and modifiers are handled in CK2.

(I experimented briefly with creating a reformable religion under tentacle_group, but that got hairy fast when I got into holy site selection.)

Is there something in the new update that re-rolls the traits? I have Dark World Reborn and Immersive Slave Training and Kidnapping mod installed, and when I started a new game a lot of the AI got the Prostitute and Exclusive Courtesan traits added to them, but the DWR and IST trait file listed them as random = no, I went through all the mods I recently updated and when I turned this one off and started the new game, those traits didn't generate.

Hey, another bug report: the event Tentacle.10001 in tentacle_events_scarlet_sisters.txt is missing a trigger for that specific society so it's adding those traits to anyone who joins any society.

Edit: fix

Spoiler

Find event id Tentacle.10001 in events/tentacle_events_scarlet_sisters.txt and change:

character_event = {
    id = Tentacle.10001
    hide_window = yes
    is_triggered_only = yes

immediate = {
        add_trait = prostitute # Dark World Reborn
        add_trait = exclusive_whore # Christianity Mod
    }
}

to:

character_event = {
    id = Tentacle.10001
    hide_window = yes
    is_triggered_only = yes

trigger = {
        FROM = { is_society = tentacle_scarlet_sisters }
    }

immediate = {
        add_trait = prostitute # Dark World Reborn
        add_trait = exclusive_whore # Christianity Mod
    }
}

On 6/16/2020 at 10:13 AM, fcvos said:

Love the mod. Really fun to play around with and honestly, I'm impressed with how well it's put together too. Most of the issues I have encountered, I suspect were either a weird interaction with another mod or a side effect of me doing dumb crap in the console.

One idea I had was to add a religion feature that would allow pagan religions to reform into tentacle worship. Sketched out a bare-bones version and just adding an OR block and has_religion_feature to the has_tentacle_religion scripted_trigger captured most of the expected behavior, which was pretty cool. Created Tentacle Bön and since I picked Temporal leadership, I was amused that handing the religious head title off to a tentacle monster converted them. (My efforts to install a tentacle pope remain unsuccessful.)

There are still issues with opinion modifiers since the reformed religion is in pagan_group not tentacle_group, but that's more an issue with how religious groups and modifiers are handled in CK2.

(I experimented briefly with creating a reformable religion under tentacle_group, but that got hairy fast when I got into holy site selection.)

Can you maybe add the opinion modifier to the religious feature itself with set_character_modifier?

18 hours ago, Armin487 said:

Can you maybe add the opinion modifier to the religious feature itself with set_character_modifier?

You can add set_character_modifier, but the types of opinions you can touch in modifier blocks seem to be pretty limited: there's same_religion_opinion, (religion)_opinion, and (religion)_group_opinion, but nothing like religious_feature_opinion or anything that takes a scripted_trigger like has_tentacle_religion. For example, the modifier you get for inviting a tentacle beast to court has this block:

tentacle_invited_tentacle_monster_to_court = {
    icon = 36 # negative people icon
    christian_opinion = -20
    muslim_opinion = -20
    jewish_group_opinion = -20
    zoroastrian_group_opinion = -10
    pagan_group_opinion = -10
    indian_group_opinion = -10
}

which all makes sense until you add reformed tentacle pagans, who are still in pagan_group. You could hack something with same_religion_opinion to zero it out, but then if you're a Catholic tentacle slut you get a free pass.

I VERY briefly experimented with a trigger that would call set_parent_religion to make the reformed religion a heresy of Dagonic, but that caused all kinds of weirdness with the "Old" pre-reform religion, and is probably not a good solution. The only other thing I could think of was to create a new modifier using same_religion_opinion and changing every event that causes opinion changes to add it if the tentacle feature is present, and that seemed horrible too. I admit I'm still pretty ignorant of a lot of CK2 modding and mostly just going off the wiki, so maybe there's a better way I just don't know about.

On an unrelated note, I think some interaction between tentacle cultures and nomads causes the game to crash. At least, I have a 100% success rate crashing the game if I try to take the "split clan" decision with a tentacle culture. There's a lot of weirdness with nomads in general though, including I think it's normally impossible to change cultures as a nomad ruler? So I'm happy to blame Paradox for this one. (Or some unrelated mod or my clumsy hacking around.)

Ah, I misunderstood, thought you were talking about the opinion penalties associated with being a tentacle religion.

Maybe make a hidden trait given to all characters with reformed tentacle religion, the trait itself doesn't do anything, but add a <trait>_opinion modifier to counteract any pagan_group_opinion modifiers in things like the invited_tentacle modifier?

Я русский игрок и плохо пишу по английски, но постараюсь донести свою мысль. Играю в ваш мод уже полгода и он мне очень нравится. Но хотел бы узнать - не задумывались ли сделать демонического тентакля с его доменом (отдельный личный мирок на три графства - с возможностью расширения). То есть в итоге ты будешь действовать из этого домена во всех уголках мира. При этом можешь создать религию имени себя (реформировать язычество, ересь другой религии или новая религия), встав во главе (Temporal). Хотелось бы узнать ваше мнение.

I am a Russian player and I do not write well in English, but I will try to convey my message. I've been playing your mod for six months now and I really like it. But I would like to know - have you ever thought about making a demonic tentacle with its domain (a separate personal world for three counties - with the possibility of expansion). That is, in the end, you will operate from this domain in all corners of the world. At the same time, you can create a religion in your own name (reform paganism, heresy of another religion, or a new religion) by standing at the head (temporary). I would like to know your opinion.

I have been unable to get the Mod to work since this recent update, everything is where it should be, however there are no Tentacled Dreams options when creating game rules and no content within the game itself. Anyone know what I have done wrong?

Have you made sure that Cheri Tentacled Dreams is checked? If that is checked, then make sure that both the file and the (for me is a triangle play icon) is there. If the mod shows up on your list of mods in the launch menu, then one of those is missing and needs to be added

On 6/23/2020 at 2:51 PM, Redoctor said:

Я русский игрок и плохо пишу по английски, но постараюсь донести свою мысль. Играю в ваш мод уже полгода и он мне очень нравится. Но хотел бы узнать - не задумывались ли сделать демонического тентакля с его доменом (отдельный личный мирок на три графства - с возможностью расширения). То есть в итоге ты будешь действовать из этого домена во всех уголках мира. При этом можешь создать религию имени себя (реформировать язычество, ересь другой религии или новая религия), встав во главе (Temporal). Хотелось бы узнать ваше мнение.

I am a Russian player and I do not write well in English, but I will try to convey my message. I've been playing your mod for six months now and I really like it. But I would like to know - have you ever thought about making a demonic tentacle with its domain (a separate personal world for three counties - with the possibility of expansion). That is, in the end, you will operate from this domain in all corners of the world. At the same time, you can create a religion in your own name (reform paganism, heresy of another religion, or a new religion) by standing at the head (temporary). I would like to know your opinion.

I take it you mean creating a temporal head of religion? Reforms in general are not part of Cheri's plan.

The demonic realm idea is pretty cool, though. Perhaps Cheri could work on it. Perhaps.

v4.1 "The Scarlet Sisters, Part 2" - 1 July 2020

Compatible with saved games from v3.4 and up.

New Features

• Added the Offer Body and Teach Sensuality decisions for Scarlet Sisters of Intimate rank or higher.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed various formatting bugs pointed out by TrxXx (thanks!)

• Fixed a bug where all society members were becoming prostitutes, rather than just Scarlet Sisters.

• Fixed the Scarlet Sisters grandmaster being able to ask child rulers to pay debts with sex.