Question/Request: when will Tentacled dreams have men as Collaborators or loyal to the Tentacles then trained as Agents of the brood Or others (that I don't have a definition to tell sorry :( ) that Helping the Brood (Aka Tentacle brood) For gains Of Power, Sex, money Or all of it

I know it will be hard to add more, since CK3 it's on it's way, but ever was a bloodline quest on your thoughts? Imo, it would be nice to have a bloodline destiny controling the brood, girls and tentacles alike.

Sure I have no idea how to correctly implement it, since tentacles always spawn with at least 16 years (probably a limitation of the game), but having a powerful dynasty with your council/court only consisting of your bloodline, with a specific tentacle character (even could be your child) would be nice. Like if you were the real broodmother controling the brood.

Yes you can already do that to some extent, but stuff like prestige and feeling enpowered would actually fit quite well. But I guess Cheri's tastes are more onto submission ones. Personaly, the bed subsmission and having power rulling are different stuff, since at the end your final goal would still submission/admiration to tentacles, or even fighting for them, but I understand his points.

16 hours ago, 1tomadeira said:

I know it will be hard to add more, since CK3 it's on it's way, but ever was a bloodline quest on your thoughts? Imo, it would be nice to have a bloodline destiny controling the brood, girls and tentacles alike.

Sure I have no idea how to correctly implement it, since tentacles always spawn with at least 16 years (probably a limitation of the game), but having a powerful dynasty with your council/court only consisting of your bloodline, with a specific tentacle character (even could be your child) would be nice. Like if you were the real broodmother controling the brood.

Yes you can already do that to some extent, but stuff like prestige and feeling enpowered would actually fit quite well. But I guess Cheri's tastes are more onto submission ones. Personaly, the bed subsmission and having power rulling are different stuff, since at the end your final goal would still submission/admiration to tentacles, or even fighting for them, but I understand his points.

Got some cool ideas in mind. Might go ahead and do some modding later on, but the most likely scenario is that I will find a reason why it's not a good idea and stop working on it (like I did with tentacle worship for custom pagan religions... It just doesn't play nice with the rest of the mod both from a mechanics and from a lore standpoint.) 

From a purely conceptual level, some of my ideas include "blood of the matriarch", which is granted if a female leader has ruled for at least 30 years and is more than 65(?) years old. Her dedication will then inspire her offspring to delay their trip to the breeding pits so that they can serve the cluster in a leadership role for longer. On a code level, I'd probably add 5 years to the "too old for tentacles" check and lower the weight of the decision to go to the pits for those of the bloodline.

To counterbalance this human-centric bloodline, there would of course also be a tentacle monster centric bloodline that deals with abduction, increasing the chance to capture female prisoners (as if there is any need to increase this any further) and increasing the effectiveness of the targeted stalking decision. Then there will be a breeding specific bloodline and one that can be unlocked by holding lots and lots of fertility festivals, but I am unsure on the mechanics for those.

I'd be interested in the bloodline ideas you were thinking of.

"Take precautions to guard your virtue... or give in to your lust."  How do I take precautions?

Are there any plans to say use the personal combat ability to fend off tentacle monsters in events?  I can't seem to find a way to protect yourself when playing as a female character even with lots of combat boosting traits.

Or does that fall into "Coming soon: A way to organize an anti-tentacle resistance." 

On 7/4/2020 at 12:29 AM, Quinova said:

"Take precautions to guard your virtue... or give in to your lust."  How do I take precautions?

Are there any plans to say use the personal combat ability to fend off tentacle monsters in events?  I can't seem to find a way to protect yourself when playing as a female character even with lots of combat boosting traits.

Or does that fall into "Coming soon: A way to organize an anti-tentacle resistance." 

Yeah, there's currently only a few events that allow you to fight back in random tentacle encounters.  Even then, with really high personal combat you're highly likely to get injured or die.

v4.2 "The Scarlet Sisters, Part 3" - 6 July 2020

Compatible with saved games from v3.4 and up.

New Features

• Added the Indoctrinate County decision for Scarlet Sisters of Carmine rank.

--

On 7/3/2020 at 8:45 AM, 1tomadeira said:

I don't have plans for this, especially as I'm migrating to CK3 when it releases.

On 7/4/2020 at 1:29 PM, Quinova said:

You can't get tentacle monster events when you're in hiding. Most events also have the option to be avoided.

So when i updated the mod it stopped working, as in the game crash's when loading graphics. I tried without the mod and it works fine then. I have a game running so i would like to not restart it without this mod. Any help or suggestions would be great please.

On 7/6/2020 at 3:25 PM, Cheri Song said:

I don't have plans for this, especially as I'm migrating to CK3 when it releases.

I was expecting it, but thanks for your answer. Would be nice however just a status/event that would make tentacles protect you for enemies as well.

Just curious, did you have a chance to test new console engine? Does it differ too much from CK2?

Also just a sidenote while I was writing the stuff on the following post, I'm wondering why the mod doesn't have a body corruption on reproduction. Sure, it's possible to define male pregnancies to be corrupted by tentacle semen, but would be nice to have a body corruption, where you can't get pregnant by men at all. The fact that there isn't a way to expell/execute men from the realm after such indocrination towards tentacles is a thing I don't know why it wasn't applied. Even some hatred towards men as feeling tentacles superior would "make sense".

I know I may be asking much, as well it could be the game engine that doesn't allow it, still I believe not being to get pregnant by men at all, instead of corrupting the fetus like it is now would fit more in the events of brainwash, that of course, after some change on the bloodline. At least I believe it would it would appear more "real", not only due brainwash, but also due body corruption, since the mod already has the regen events.

On 7/3/2020 at 5:45 PM, Wily Rodent said:

Got some cool ideas in mind. Might go ahead and do some modding later on, but the most likely scenario is that I will find a reason why it's not a good idea and stop working on it (like I did with tentacle worship for custom pagan religions... It just doesn't play nice with the rest of the mod both from a mechanics and from a lore standpoint.) 

From a purely conceptual level, some of my ideas include "blood of the matriarch", which is granted if a female leader has ruled for at least 30 years and is more than 65(?) years old. Her dedication will then inspire her offspring to delay their trip to the breeding pits so that they can serve the cluster in a leadership role for longer. On a code level, I'd probably add 5 years to the "too old for tentacles" check and lower the weight of the decision to go to the pits for those of the bloodline.

To counterbalance this human-centric bloodline, there would of course also be a tentacle monster centric bloodline that deals with abduction, increasing the chance to capture female prisoners (as if there is any need to increase this any further) and increasing the effectiveness of the targeted stalking decision. Then there will be a breeding specific bloodline and one that can be unlocked by holding lots and lots of fertility festivals, but I am unsure on the mechanics for those.

I'd be interested in the bloodline ideas you were thinking of.

I didn't actually thought on a specific bloodline, but more on the mechanics themselves. But at the moment I recall something like everyone on court coming from the same dynasty. To me it gives a feel of empowerment, without "non pure" bloodlines on the court, just pure dynasty with you and your daughters along with tentacles. Summing Up, something like Blood of Sasan, Parthian Blood or Family Bloodline (but directed to tentacles would be nice). Bloodthirsty Bloodline specially would be nice if you swap the Haemophiliac trait with Tentacles Pheromones already present in game, not to mention the prision sacrifice could use the the mindless breeding option already present in the mod.

edit: I'm sorry for the double post, but I have no idea how to copy the quotes here. It's the only forums I couldn't find a way to copy the quote, in order to answer properly to the specific comment.

On 7/7/2020 at 1:54 AM, rallyelgen said:

As we do not have any form or way to "report bugs here" i can just say:

This mod is incompatible with the Warcraft Overhaul mod.

From what i can see, its not the framework, but this mod itself.

I think this is likely because the mod overwrites vanilla titles, which I'm guessing the warcraft mod removes. You'd probably have to remove the tentacle religion default holy cities to get it to work.

16 hours ago, 1tomadeira said:

Also just a sidenote while I was writing the stuff on the following post, I'm wondering why the mod doesn't have a body corruption on reproduction. Sure, it's possible to define male pregnancies to be corrupted by tentacle semen, but would be nice to have a body corruption, where you can't get pregnant by men at all. The fact that there isn't a way to expell/execute men from the realm after such indocrination towards tentacles is a thing I don't know why it wasn't applied. Even some hatred towards men as feeling tentacles superior would "make sense".

I did actually build something sort-of like that as a midway between 'no fetus corruption' and 'destroy pregnancy' that makes it so that if a pregnant woman has tentacle sex the pregnancy will continue normally but the child will be a tentacle-born girl, it also triggers if the mother has the tentacle broodmother trait even if she doesn't have tentacle sex while pregnant.

On 7/10/2020 at 10:41 AM, Armin487 said:

I did actually build something sort-of like that as a midway between 'no fetus corruption' and 'destroy pregnancy' that makes it so that if a pregnant woman has tentacle sex the pregnancy will continue normally but the child will be a tentacle-born girl, it also triggers if the mother has the tentacle broodmother trait even if she doesn't have tentacle sex while pregnant.

Maybe I didn't explain myself well, sorry about that.

What I meant was something like an event of body corruption, having the reproduction system changed, where they can't be pregnant right at start (but can by men), and after the event will only be able to get pregnant by tentacles.

Of course tastes may differ, but personally since the mod already has similar events, like healing wounds/scares or removing depression, that kind of effect would fit on the mod. However I have no idea if that's possible at all to apply, since if I'm not mistaking tentacles are seen as males through code, although with specific traits. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

At the moment it feels like the breeding flavour is only mental, and not physical. That would also give reasons of why there weren't females pregnant before yours, this if you start as a female ruler of course. Because your body would change to be able to reproduce, unlike others.

There is the tentacle broodmother trait, you could gate a lot of things behind having or not having that.

Tentacles impregnate through event, not the normal pregnancy mechanics (they actually have something like -10000000% fertility) so their gender doesn't really matter.

1 hour ago, MagnaSonic3000 said:

How do you play as a tentacle monster again? I honestly don't know.

Either have a tentacle monster baby and set them up as your heir, or use one of the scripted starting scenarios via game rules.