13 hours ago, predictor said:

I have a succession issue with tentacle slaves, it goes into regular primogeniture with no option of maternal marriage rather then full absolute cognatic 

Tentacle slaves do not have the option of matrilineal marriage. This is because they only recognize tentacle monsters as true husbands

Greetings, I like your mod a lot, especially the new possibility for roleplay and choices!

I also like other mods about religions and reforming them (I use a mod from steam, where I can use more religious features, then the vanilla ones), so my Question: Is it planned or possible to convince you to create mods where you can reform your very own tentacle religion? I think especial about reforming some vanilla religions (like hellenism, germanic, zun, bön, and so on) to get some piece of tentacle in their religious  features

On 5/16/2020 at 4:38 PM, CaCO3 said:

Greetings, I like your mod a lot, especially the new possibility for roleplay and choices!

I also like other mods about religions and reforming them (I use a mod from steam, where I can use more religious features, then the vanilla ones), so my Question: Is it planned or possible to convince you to create mods where you can reform your very own tentacle religion? I think especial about reforming some vanilla religions (like hellenism, germanic, zun, bön, and so on) to get some piece of tentacle in their religious  features

I think the last part shouldn't be too hard to add actually. Add a tentacle worship nature and add has_religion_feature tentacle worship to the checks for is_tentacle_religion, every other check flows from those I think.

4 hours ago, Armin487 said:

I think the last part shouldn't be too hard to add actually. Add a tentacle worship nature and add has_religion_feature tentacle worship to the checks for is_tentacle_religion, every other check flows from those I think.

There might be some other aspects that need changing. Like some of the depopulation events might need to be able to change a county's religion to the reformed pagan one. Not quite sure how they are coded at the moment.

Might just do some light nodding this evening because this seems like a small side mod without an endless rabbit hole and mission creep attached to it, so it would be a good starting point.

Edit: Yes, I've seen the typo and I will leave it in because it's hilarious.

There's the Tentacle Monster's change religion decision, the dreaming of eternity event and secret cults.

The first one might be relatively easy by making a general 'convert to reformed tentacle religion' which changes to a random one. Under the assumption that there will probably only be one reformed tentacle religion.

Dreaming of Eternity... Maybe add some general 'I will reform my religion' choice for pagans, which adds a character flag, if a character with the flag reforms a pagan religion they're forced to pick tentacle worship as one of the natures.

Secret cults, I'm not sure how exactly the tentacle secret cults differ from normal ones so that might be hard, though reformed pagans might just not need them since they can already create a tentacle cult realm through reformation.

The convert county event should work fine as it's keyed off the holder's religion.

I have a few questions about how things work in the mod:

1) I am not sure what the intended functionality is when it comes to the decision "Openly Adopt Dagonic Faith" and feudalism. When the adopt faith is used on a tribal government the end result is "Tentacle Cultist Kingdom". But if you then use the decision "Adopt Feudalism" it changes to a non-tentacle government flavoured one named "Hereditary Aristocratic Kingdom". If you instead adopt feudalism first, it changes to "Hereditary Aristocratic Kingdom" and stays without changing even if you then use the "Openly Adopt Dagonic Faith"-decision afterwards. Is that intentional or a bug? Am I not meant to go feudal when playing as a human tentacle slave? (If that's the case, is there a FAQ or a do/don'ts list somewhere?)

2) What about Tentacle Concubinage? What is that exactly and is there a way to progress to that? Is it a further step or just a variant? Tentacle Hegemony seems to be a Tentacle Monster led government-type when I look around at how things are setup in the starting scenario. It seems as if Concubinages are subservient to a Hegemony but I am not sure. EDIT: I can answer part of this now that I finally managed to get the "Found X Brood"-decision to light up. (You need a landed Tentacle Monster, among other things. Temples work but do not take the monster out of succession.). When you trigger that decision it converts the government to Tentacle Concubinage.

3) Is there a way to get the trait "Known Tentacle Slut" after openly adopting a tentacle faith? It's linked to some wide-spread negative opinion and monthly piety/prestige drain but it also has RP purposes and nice +30 opinion bonus from other slaves.

4) If I want to play as human dynasty openly corrupted by tentacles (created during gameplay, not setup for me), is dagonic the ideal choice? I first thought Submissionist was the right choice but later found that it goes much further and prevents females from being landed, even as RP-ed puppets. I also found that even as dagonic - birthed tentacle monsters that are kept are not of your dynasty unless you adopt them but I suppose that isn't a problem as long as you have daughters to land. I do find it kind of annoying that if left to their own devices they marry human males though. Ideally they would marry each other for the marriage bonuses while keeping the human males out of it...

5) Why does the secret society dissolve after you openly adopt the faith? I mean it makes sense that they don't need to act covertly in your own realm but what about beyond it, doesn't it make sense to carry on infiltrating and converting non-tentacle realms, preparing for future expansion (perhaps with some negatives to the province religion conversion process, since that is a bit powerful)?

Edit: I think I saw something about this earlier in the thread but does the AI start the secret society on their own? If yes, how long does it take? (could the rate be made into a selection during the start?) Having the AI do that and being "naively" converted is... appealing, I don't really mind losing the bloodline currently gained by being the creator. But I suppose other bloodlines could be added that are gained through gameplay. I much prefer working for it over clicking a decision and magically being at the top.

All DLC to date installed and enabled.
Mods installed:

Spoiler

ABM

biggerinterface

Cheri - Tentacled Dreams

Cheri - Tentacled Dreams Sounds

Cheri - Tentacled Dreams Images

Cheri Scripting Library

Crusader Milk

Lesbocracy

LuxuriaFantasia

Reformation: God Names Fix

Man, have to say that it seems like once tentacles get into your kingdom there is no way to get rid of them and they eventually take over even with the lower encounter rates.  Is it just me, or did I install the mod incorrectly? Withing the first year I went from Queen of England to a full in indoctrinated tentacle slave and had found others in my court with the same situation. 

4 hours ago, ElsissSurana said:

Man, have to say that it seems like once tentacles get into your kingdom there is no way to get rid of them and they eventually take over even with the lower encounter rates.  Is it just me, or did I install the mod incorrectly? Withing the first year I went from Queen of England to a full in indoctrinated tentacle slave and had found others in my court with the same situation. 

Without indoctrination set to Player Can Opt Out, indoctrination happens pretty quickly even on default encounter rate.

I have another question; After doing the "Found X Brood"-decision it converts your own provinces to Tentacle Slave-government (and creates the Tentacle Concubinage).

Is there a mechanic to further spread that among your vassals? Basic feudalism has something like it so there's a precedent mechanism.

18 hours ago, frhghz said:

Really great mod, but after a few years only a few of my conquered lands convert to dagon religion, and some even convert back :(

How can I prevent the reconvent to catholicism???

You need to get the authority of the religion up.  Click on the religon tab and it will say you have an authority of probably 0 at the top.  Click over the number and it will tell you why.  

Probably because you don't control the holy sites and have failed tentacle invasions.  

You need to capture and control all 5 holy sites, convert your vassels, convert other rulers, and build temples to get that number up.

The first thing you want to do is convert your vassels, you should have a pretty good relationship with most of them.  Right click on their portrait and request religious conversion, if it says no then send them a gift or give them a title.  

Then you want to try to convert rulers, find a female ruler nearby and corrupt her to tentacle slavery, she will eventually convert to Dagon and give a 5% increase in relgious power.

While you are doing this, check out what the holy sites are.  Rome is going to be one.  There will be 4 others.  You will need to get them under Dagonic control.  Note: if you are a vassal of someone else, like say the Holy Roman Empire, then they will not be under Dagonic control even if they are yours.  You will also need to revoke the current holder of the site and install a Dagonic worshiping priest in their place.  

Doing this will start Dagonic authority to rise and then provinces to convert.

small request, I would like their to be a medium option in terms of tentacle pregnancy length, 3 months is too short and requires me to but put on auto birth, while 9 months makes it seem to much like a regular pregnancy. A six month option would be great 

With enough vassals you will get spammed by invites to Tentacle Fertility Festivals. In my current play-through it's roughly one invite every other month. I suggest maybe putting that on a realm-wide cooldown of some sort?

I thought I understood how a Tentacle Concubinage actually formed but I obviously do not - since it only happens sporadically when choosing to play as the Tentacle Monster when doing the "Found X Brood" and not at all when staying in control of the human ruler (at least since the first test run a week ago). I don't know what I am doing differently now compared to then.

3 hours ago, genericuser27 said:

Are the tentacle pregnancies supposed to have flavor events and the option to go into hiding like regular pregnancies? Is that the option at game start? I thought I turned it on but I haven't gotten any of the go into hiding events.

Tentacle pregnancies are distinct from regular pregnancies so the pregnancy events don't hook in.

I don't think I posted this before but I've been thinking about it for a while so maybe I did and I forgot.  If I did, apologies for the repetition:

Suggestion: aside from flavor text, broodmother doesn't seem to have a practical effect.  Instead, perhaps have multiple pregnancies require broodmother trait.  The game setting could then decide whether the broodmother trait is a possible conversion for the characters.

3 hours ago, forgottenlord said:

I don't think I posted this before but I've been thinking about it for a while so maybe I did and I forgot.  If I did, apologies for the repetition:

Suggestion: aside from flavor text, broodmother doesn't seem to have a practical effect.  Instead, perhaps have multiple pregnancies require broodmother trait.  The game setting could then decide whether the broodmother trait is a possible conversion for the characters.

Broodmother allows for a tentacle monster birth to produce multiple units (iirc 3-7) if recruited, versus only a single unit without (this is completely separate from the multiple pregnancy gamerule).

Grinds my gears how mods like this always destroy player agency. You can't decide to RP as a girl who just likes tentacles without being brainwashed.

You can't RP as a girl who wants to use tentacles to corrupt everyone ELSE without being corrupted herself.

You can't RP as a girl who chooses to start a tentacle religion without being a slave just because she thinks it's the right thing to do.

It's depressing.

There are actually a lot of rules for this mod that can be adjusted at game start if the default experience isn't what you desire.  Player agency in particular can be preserved by setting the TF & Corruption rule and the Brainwashing & Tentacle Slaves rules to "Player Opt-Out" or "Off".  That would allow you to have consequence-free tentacle sex as a player (well, truly consequence-free would require turning off tentacle pregnancy, but that's also configurable via rules).

18 hours ago, florkme said:

Grinds my gears how mods like this always destroy player agency. You can't decide to RP as a girl who just likes tentacles without being brainwashed.

You can't RP as a girl who wants to use tentacles to corrupt everyone ELSE without being corrupted herself.

You can't RP as a girl who chooses to start a tentacle religion without being a slave just because she thinks it's the right thing to do.

It's depressing.

For your first point: You can. Like aaduwall mentioned in the post under yours, you can set the game rule to make being brainwashed a decision you can select yes or no to.

For your second and third points: Not yet, but I hope when the Lilithanist (or however you spell it) branch/heresy of the tentacle religion gets flushed out, it will allow a few human females to be dominant towards or at least equal to tentacle monsters through magic or some other mechanic. Maybe kind of like dragon riders control/partner up with dragons in other mythos.

On 5/23/2020 at 3:20 AM, numanumani said:

1) I am not sure what the intended functionality is when it comes to the decision "Openly Adopt Dagonic Faith" and feudalism

There is a known compatibility bug between Lesbocracy and Tentacled Dreams which screws up your government type. I've been meaning to add it to the main post. Point is, don't play TD with Lesbocracy.

What about Tentacle Concubinage? What is that exactly and is there a way to progress to that?

Tentacle Hegemony government describes it succinctly. If a tentacle monster has a tentacle slave vassal of tentacle religion and culture, the vassal will become a concubinage.

Note that my hacky government flipping is temperamental on the best of days, so it may take a reload for the correct government type to show up.

3) Is there a way to get the trait "Known Tentacle Slut" after openly adopting a tentacle faith? It's linked to some wide-spread negative opinion and monthly piety/prestige drain but it also has RP purposes and nice +30 opinion bonus from other slaves.

Characters who practice a tentacle religion are "known tentacle sluts" by default. The trait is meant to reflect the status of being a tentacle slut in a society that doesn't accept tentacles. The opinion bonus is meant to offset the heretic opinion penalty.

5) Why does the secret society dissolve after you openly adopt the faith?

Because that's how secret societies work in base game.

Edit: I think I saw something about this earlier in the thread but does the AI start the secret society on their own?

Yes, but it tends to be rare unless there are a lot of powerful female rulers secretly worshipping tentacles.

On 5/28/2020 at 1:25 AM, numanumani said:

With enough vassals you will get spammed by invites to Tentacle Fertility Festivals. In my current play-through it's roughly one invite every other month. I suggest maybe putting that on a realm-wide cooldown of some sort?

The festivals are on the same cooldown as feasts in vanilla. It shouldn't be a problem unless you turn off vassal limit, in which case it's kind of your own fault.

5 hours ago, Cheri Song said:

The festivals are on the same cooldown as feasts in vanilla. It shouldn't be a problem unless you turn off vassal limit, in which case it's kind of your own fault.

The first post implies TD has been made compatible with Lesbocracy so it would be a good idea to mention that there actually is a compatibility issue there.

Either way, thanks for the answers, all good to know.

Regarding the last one answer specifically, I don't recall changing any vassal limit setting; Is that one of the initial game options? I left everything on the default setting other than turning the pregenerated families off and when it comes to TD, I lowered the encounter frequency since I found the default one to be too frequent. Oh well.

On 5/29/2020 at 8:45 PM, sybreal said:

For your first point: You can. Like aaduwall mentioned in the post under yours, you can set the game rule to make being brainwashed a decision you can select yes or no to.

For your second and third points: Not yet, but I hope when the Lilithanist (or however you spell it) branch/heresy of the tentacle religion gets flushed out, it will allow a few human females to be dominant towards or at least equal to tentacle monsters through magic or some other mechanic. Maybe kind of like dragon riders control/partner up with dragons in other mythos.

Yeah, you can decide "no" over and over and over and over but that completely stops your progression. You get random encounters and fucked occasionally, the end.

There's no way to be dominant over them. There's no way to be neutral.
There isn't even any way to resist them if you're exposed to them. "Tentacles in the room, you're getting fucked".

All those character stats and modifiers just go straight out the window. Plus it really ruins the idea of there being anything but exactly one kind of woman. Kind of demeaning to be told that "you are and can be exactly one kind of girl".