On 1/7/2022 at 8:27 PM, painfulcub said:

when I downloaded the new update to the mod it downloaded the files a 7z files not zipped files can anyone tell me if that will still work

7z files are a type of compressed file, like a .zip or .rar.  So  yes, it'll work fine, though depending on which program you have it may not unzip the 7z file type.  I honestly do recommend using 7zip, since it tends to have very few issues and is completely free. 

One example is that winrar (which many people still use for some reason) has problems if the compressed files are in anything other than the english alphabet, scrambling the file names unless you do extra setup specifically for that language in windows itself. 7zip doesn't have that issue.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/22/2021 at 7:38 AM, Antastead said:

EDIT: Ok, after some trial and error, Rise to Power was the conflicting mod, taking it out makes everything work, as far as I can tell.

Hi, I'm having issues with the tentacle indoctrination on my player, from what I understand tentacle indoctrination 3 is supposed to turn into tentacle slave, right? For some reason it's just resetting me so I don't have tentacle indoctrination at all. I also don't seem to be getting some of the other traits like the cum addict and etc. I'm also having issues with traits and artifacts from Dark World Reborn not being adding to my player, but I'm not sure if that's related, I've already posted over there as well. I'm on the current version of CK2. Thanks in advance.

Modlist:

Reveal hidden contents
Dark World Reborn
Luxuria Fantasia
Luxuria Fantasia: Extras
Dark World: The Mercenary Commander
Cheri Scripting Library
Crusader Milk
Cheri - Tentacled Dreams
Cheri - Tentacled Dreams Images
DZM Expanded
Dreams of Sodomy 0.04
A Bigger Interface
Artifact Acquisition and Overhaul
Artifact Search
Rise to Power
Minimap Makeover
In heavers GO: no fog
A Revolutionary Borders Mod
ABM
Better Ledger (Font/Hotkeys)
Caesar's Books
Caesar's Wonders
Cannibal Kings
Colored Buttons
Cultural Cities Remix
Decisive Battles
Flogi's Buildings & Technology Mod
Flogi's Te.(AB SubMod)
Gold For Favors
Goodbye Grandma, a mod to prune infertile female courtiers.
Historical and Fantastical Artifacts
Hold more Duchies
Impossible Invitation Warning
In heavens Graphics overhaul
Interface: Century Gothic
Interface: Stellaris Colors
Kings of Slaves and Vices Remastered
Less Random Deadly Duels
More Buildable Wonders
New Immersive Events
Nicknames+++
Novus Graphicus
NoxBestia DPA-Dark World Custom v0.0.5.1.0 alpha
OP Immortals
Orange Ransom Button
Purchase Claims
Rename Anyone
Roll's Community Traits Mod V2
Tentacled Dreams Extended
Tooltip: Century Gothic Bold 18
Trait Softcap Exterminated
Velvet Tooltip

Same issues, I am using far less mods but I think it is because of Rise to Power.

I recently tried that mod along with TD, and TD did not worked as before.....

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello!

I am preparing a translation into Russian Language, I have already translated most of it,  I am currently working on files: tentacle_loc_events. I want to express special gratitude to the developers of this masterpiece, this is a very serious work, it looks great! The plot is excellent, the scenarios are also (variability), but what can I say, it's incredible, the game events made my head spin.

Thanks a lot for such a wonderful mod!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know its a dumb idea trying to use this mod in conjunction with other big mods, but does anyone have any idea what mod edit i would have to do to stop tentacle monsters dying instantly? at first i thought it was because the tentacle monster culture wasnt there but providing one doesnt seem to make the tentacled bastards live a single tick

• 1 month later...
On 7/28/2022 at 9:43 PM, Bingobomb said:

God I wish this mod would receive another update. It's so fucking good

I want to see this mod in CK3, but that doesn't look like it's happening for a LONG time.

Anyway, yes, and update would be amazing, but likely won't happen.

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Bingobomb said:

My game crashes whenever a dagonic character gains control of a nomadic government. Changing the religion of any starting nomad to dagonic will crash the game within days. Anyone have a fix? I'm only using Luxuria Fantasia and Tentacle Dreams.

You're missing Cheri Scripting library then. If you have that installed, no idea, perhaps looking at the change logs, and crash dump?

18 hours ago, soldier847 said:

You're missing Cheri Scripting library then. If you have that installed, no idea, perhaps looking at the change logs, and crash dump?

Nah seems like an issue with the mod itself. I forgot to mention the game only crashes when the AI is in control, not the player. I tried reinstalling Cheri scripting library, tentacle dreams, all of the base ck2 files, but nothing worked. I only know of the logs in documents for ck2 but they don't mention anything useful about the crash that I can see.

It's not that bothersome as long as I can keep Dagonic rulers away from nomadic counties with cheats.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, sataniccatholic said:

1. Vassals still seem to prefer joining base game factions such as gavelkind rather than mod factions like slay TM.

Huh. That could just be because the mod factions are checked last by the game, so all the malcontents end up joining the other factions first.

5 hours ago, sataniccatholic said:

2. It's really funny that no husband of women I kidnap as a TM come asking to ransom them back. Or start a free captives war.

Unfortunately, all the ransom stuff is hardcoded, though an event chain could be scripted to simulate it. No idea why the women aren't caught by the vanilla ransoming. The free captives CB is defined as player only in vanilla CK2. Wouldn't be too hard to mod that.

Edited by SuccinctScrivener

Just a general question - do you guys play with your tentacle monsters being incapable or not? Want to spread the true religion, but only having women that can't seem to be commanders (or how can I make em lead the armies?) so the ycan rid the world of normal men is a tad hard.

Also I am marrying my fellow sisters off to monsters and giving the sisters land, but they don't seem to be producing any children. Why is this? Why aren't they making their own dynasties? So far the only monsters at court are my children, none of my fellow slave sisters.,

Edited by Gsus30
10 hours ago, Gsus30 said:

Just a general question - do you guys play with your tentacle monsters being incapable or not? Want to spread the true religion, but only having women that can't seem to be commanders (or how can I make em lead the armies?) so the ycan rid the world of normal men is a tad hard.

Also I am marrying my fellow sisters off to monsters and giving the sisters land, but they don't seem to be producing any children. Why is this? Why aren't they making their own dynasties? So far the only monsters at court are my children, none of my fellow slave sisters.,

I always have the tentacle monster's "incapable" trait turned off. It makes very little sense to me.  

Depends on what government type your tentacle monsters are under.  If they're using the tentacle monster government type,  women can command armies.  Women can command if the realm's religion is Dagonic or Lilthist - don't remember what happens if it's Submissionist.   Also, tentacle monsters can command armies as well. 

Tentacle monsters have a VERY high fertility malus. (approx -99999ish)   Their offspring comes from tentacle rape via Ravish or Stalk.   Rarely, they will raise an offspring into another tentacle monster (starts at age 16) but I think it only occurs if the mother is captive or otherwise held by the tentacle monster, so their offspring is only triggered from Tentacle Dreams' offspring/pregnancy mechanisms for tentacle monsters, not from the base game's pregnancy mechanisms.   I think the author intentionally set tentacle monsters not to use the base game pregnancy mechanism. 

For female player characters, if they get raped by a tentacle monster, they have a chance of having a human female child which is adjustable in game rules. 

Otherwise the offspring is released into the wilderness or killed (if you have Zealous trait and don't follow a tentacle religion) in which case you'll incur a serious opinion malus from tentacle monsters and their adherents. 

Edited by Celedhring
4 hours ago, Celedhring said:

I always have the tentacle monster's "incapable" trait turned off. It makes very little sense to me.  

Depends on what government type your tentacle monsters are under.  If they're using the tentacle monster government type,  women can command armies.  Women can command if the realm's religion is Dagonic or Lilthist - don't remember what happens if it's Submissionist.   Also, tentacle monsters can command armies as well. 

Tentacle monsters have a VERY high fertility malus. (approx -99999ish)   Their offspring comes from tentacle rape via Ravish or Stalk.   Rarely, they will raise an offspring into another tentacle monster (starts at age 16) but I think it only occurs if the mother is captive or otherwise held by the tentacle monster, so their offspring is only triggered from Tentacle Dreams' offspring/pregnancy mechanisms for tentacle monsters, not from the base game's pregnancy mechanisms.   I think the author intentionally set tentacle monsters not to use the base game pregnancy mechanism. 

For female player characters, if they get raped by a tentacle monster, they have a chance of having a human female child which is adjustable in game rules. 

Otherwise the offspring is released into the wilderness or killed (if you have Zealous trait and don't follow a tentacle religion) in which case you'll incur a serious opinion malus from tentacle monsters and their adherents. 

Thank you for this explanation.

So how do I get various monster "dynasties" going besides mine where I can obviously choose to keep my spawn as my children?

13 hours ago, Gsus30 said:

Thank you for this explanation.

So how do I get various monster "dynasties" going besides mine where I can obviously choose to keep my spawn as my children?

Within the realm or outside the realm?  If you mean other tentacle monsters having their own independent realms apart from each other or what?

On 9/12/2022 at 6:33 AM, SuccinctScrivener said:

Huh. That could just be because the mod factions are checked last by the game, so all the malcontents end up joining the other factions first.

That's interesting to know.

1. So I did an estimate on how many prisoners could produce how many TMs, and the result I got was ~100 prisoners could produce ~1300 TMs in one go. That's quite impressive I guess, it also means the 500 cap in Tentacle Dreams Extended was not meant to handle this many prisoners.

2. As a non-incapable Tentacle Monster lord, I could offer up my daughters in their Flowering. Problem is event text makes it clear it was still the same event used by female landed characters. 

3. I have still failed to "fix the ass problem" aka add an event into the tentacle transformation tombola that increases ass size when you have Ala's Body Mod installed. Current Tentacle Dreams interacts only with breast and dick traits.

4. As a tentacle monster that could in theory make any woman grow a dick, I would appreciate getting the ability to melt any futa's dick too. I really need those daughters to hold land for me, ya know, can't have them marrying without my permission.

4.1 On that note, since I don't know the feasibility of modding a targeted "Demand Divorce" decision, a "Make Spouse of Close Kin Go Away" function would be appreciated.

5. If you plan to play all the way into rebuilding your tentacle brood (which is very late game content, by the way), turn random invasions off. Saves you a hell lot of trouble hunting across the whole damn "brood zone" hunting for the microstates they build. For context, there are only a grand total of 4 brood zones on the entire map. Never tried it, but you should be down to 3 if you don't have/turn off the India DLC.

5.1 Can random invasion tentacle monsters not be of my dynasty to begin with?

6. TMs hate each other enough to launch long-distance murder plots. I, count of Athens, was just merrily unifying Greece when I saw this pop-up: High Chief of Fezzan attempted to murder you. For context, Fezzan is just slightly beyond the southern Med coastline, in the desert, and the High Chief was a TM. The fucker launched a murder plot against me across the damn Med.

7. TMs cannot falsely confess faith even with zealous trait removed. No gaining BYZ and HRE titles by election, basically. You could game BYZ but I think the only way up in HRE would be well war.