[AAF] RSE II: Combat Surrender and Abductions (12/30/19)

2 hours ago, Ulfbearth said:

Just tried with MF as Male player and it doesnt work too (i get banged by females xD).
I'm not using one patch myself, i'm actually using a personal patch i made and it works with AAF Violate as i said.
I was actually trying to find a way to just use your mod and not having to rely on AAF Violate anymore ?, but i understand your point bro... modding can be really stressful and having to keep up its not something that everyone is willing to do...

Tysm for you attention ?

Sorry man, truly. I wish I had a better answer and solution for you, honestly. I know it has to be frustrating to not have a sexual orientation available in the mods you want to use. I just don't know how it isn't working, since last I knew, all we needed to do was alter the position of the actor in the actor array, as sent to AAF. Meaning actor[0] for victim/receiver, actor[1] for aggressor/giver. Maybe this has changed now and I'm just not aware.

1 hour ago, darkhighlander said:

Will there be an update for the cool relationship module you did?  Think it was in RSE Vol 5?   I loved the idea but unfortunately no matter what I did, those lovecrazy ladies just kept getting fed up and then would kick my ass out thew relationship :(

If the bugs were ironed out, it would be a sweet addition....make a change from the usual "bang your brains out" mods ;)

Sorry dude. Im out of the adult mod making business these days. Just found it too hard to manage complex systems when the framework and the patches need to run it change often, and where accounting for every end-user's varied mod load was impossible. AAF is solid as fuck and its everything we ever wanted. But me, I just cant keep up with it nor with the demands of end users for complex mods running on it (not meant as in demanding people, but in terms of requested features, ala supply and demand, if you catch my meaning).

I've found it much simpler to focus my complex scripting methods to non-adult framework mods. Less troubleshooting and less... problems for me to resolve bugs on. For example, two months into RSE's original development, it was 3.5 weeks of feature requests and bug fixing to 0.5 weeks of actual new Flashy-original code, on any given month. And now, with Crime and Punishment, I think I've had three bugs total in two months to sort out, simply because Im not piggy backing on anyone else's systems or relying on feedback from anyone else's mod (events and function), or publicly putting myself in a position to receive feature requests. And truthfully, as a creator, being liberated from relying on external mods, being able to rely solely on my own framework for the things I want to do, its incredible the freedom I have. Just not having to chase bugs and fringe case outcomes because of people's varied adult mod loads where things cross-function or interact with one another. Its just so much cleaner to not have to worry about that when developing. I get to actually enjoy the process now, sharing captures and screenshots of things in motion, instead of dreading coming online to see ten new bug reports or feature requests every day... if you know what I mean.

Adult modding got to be less about the creative endeavor and more about catering to everyone's needs, above my own. Just look at an RSE MCM and you'll see what I mean about catering... adult modding was fun, for a time, but not enough authors, too many gamers and you know... it just started to feel like the few were servicing the many in a non-happy-inducing kind of way. On top of the constant dread of bugs and the like... yeah, it was fun once, for sure. But now? The thought of it, of being a content creator here... it makes me feel ... unease, nausea, anxiety, I suppose... sorry - dunno how else to say it. And then there was the whole Malia/Lana thing, which still, to this day, breaks my fucking heart, and only added to my aversion to the adult mod scene...

And I have no idea why reading this back to myself, it seems I am trying to justify something... lol.

1 hour ago, TheProfessor said:

Hey Flashy, is DD not compatible with RSE anymore?

I dunno. It should be. I never used DD myself - they are too buggy and game-breaking. Used Real Handcuffs instead, as everyone should, as it is, from a performance and reliability perspective, the superior restraint mod.

39 minutes ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Adult modding got to be less about the creative endeavor and more about catering to everyone's needs, above my own.

I think the path you are taking will better showcase your true abilities anyway. 

41 minutes ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

And I have no idea why reading this back to myself, it seems I am trying to justify something... lol.

You need not justify anything. When something ceases to be fun...its time to take a different path. When you first started modding FO4, it was a barren wasteland. I for one would have dumped this game long ago if not for your mods. 

Now there are a few other modders making content and thats a good thing. In my opinion, mods that change the Bethesda tunnel vision way the game forces you to play is the way to go. I was sick of Preston Fucking Garvey before I got through my first play through, but the Minutemen are the only humane choice for play. BOS are just too damned Hitler. The Institute are just BOS with labcoats and arrogance. The Railroad....just too wonky.

Where was the option not to choose a faction and make your own way? The game has so much potential that would never be realized if not for the modders. 

Bethesdas idea of modding is fucking transdogrifiers and flash in the pan shit that should be in the base game anyway. 

Do what you want and dont look back.

4 hours ago, TheProfessor said:

Hey Flashy, is DD not compatible with RSE anymore?

Edit: It just came to me.  DD is a esm and esm slots are not infinite so that could be why.  Still consoling in DD is the best way to know if you have access.  I can assure you that DD is still fine just fine with RSEII : CSA

It's compatible.  Question for TheProfessor are you using CBBE or FG?  DD is CBBE and if you are using FG it needs to be converted by hand in outfit studio to FG.  Not to mention if you're running the High Heel system.  If you want to know if your DD is working just console in some DD to see if you can equip it.  Also if you are running Fallsouls Mod then you need to disable the [pipboy menu] in the McM or DD wont equip nor unequip. I found out the last one the hard way LOL

6 minutes ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Sorry. Context? I don't know if this is directed at me, relating to a bug in one of my mods or just a general statement that you have tagged me in for, lol, I don't know what reason. ?

Sorry for that.  I started it in my mind and it devolved into a rant that doesn't need to be in here nor tagged to you.  I'll delete it my bad.

Edit: It just came to me.  DD is a esm and esm slots are not infinite so that could be why.  Still consoling in DD is the best way to know if you have access.  I can assure you that DD is still fine just fine with RSEII : CSA

It's compatible.  Question for TheProfessor are you using CBBE or FG?  DD is CBBE and if you are using FG it needs to be converted by hand in outfit studio to FG.  Not to mention if you're running the High Heel system.  If you want to know if your DD is working just console in some DD to see if you can equip it.  Also if you are running Fallsouls Mod then you need to disable the [pipboy menu] in the McM or DD wont equip nor unequip. I found out the last one the hard way LOL

I am CBBE, not using Fallsouls, not running High Heel Sys, and yes DD does work outside of RSE II

2 hours ago, XErmac said:

what do you mean by that ?do i have to surrender to raiders first, after that they will abduct my character ?

The mod is called COMBAT SURRENDER and ABDUCTIONS. But let me spell it out, in the most basic of ways.

1) Combat

2) Surrender

3) Abductions

Make sense now? I mean, what did you think you'd need to do? Eat a box of mentats? ?

On 11/2/2019 at 1:05 AM, XErmac said:

So how does the abduction work ? i turned it on ,set the slider to 100 and played for an hour but nothing happened so far .

It's been forever since there was a random kidnapping while you play mod.  I believe it was FourPlay Kidnapping.  You can get Flashy's mod on the Nexus Advanced Needs which has a Sleep event where you or your companion get kidnapped while you sleep.  It has a McM built in so that you can adjust many factors and percentages.  Other then that and this no there is currently no getting a bump on the head for no reason then winding up a prisoner mod.

On 11/2/2019 at 1:20 PM, Flashy (JoeR) said:

The mod is called COMBAT SURRENDER and ABDUCTIONS. But let me spell it out, in the most basic of ways.

1) Combat

2) Surrender

3) Abductions

Make sense now? I mean, what did you think you'd need to do? Eat a box of mentats? ?

BFO

Blinding Flash of the Obvious 

AAF Init Error Detected! CSA Resetting.

When I surrender to Raider, will 'AAF Init Error Detected! CSA Resetting.' appear no matter what option I choose.

And they don't kidnap me. They just leave me alone.

I have to enjoy the mode, the translation of the lines of which could be wrong?

Other than this, no other problems.

Was seriously testing out some new features in Crime and Punishment and it just REALLY struck me how utter boring and lifeless RSE CSA is in comparison to the things I have already done, and the things that are yet still in motion towards completion, in CAP. I mean...

Seriously. After watching that, how could you NOT want to dump the sex mods for something infinitely better?

10 minutes ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Seriously. After watching that, how could you NOT want to dump the sex mods for something infinitely better?

Because CSA does provide consequence. If you lose to thugs, then the possible consequence of CSA is a reality. The problem I have with most games is the sterility of it all. Their idea that really bad things may exist in the real world but not in a virtual world is confusing. That being said, CSA is fine and really needs nothing at this point. Mods like the new one you are working on are what is needed at this point. As long as the two play well together I dont see it as either or. I play to win and avoid consequence. In my current three saves, one is level 47 and has not been in a losing situation yet. I love to make the game harder where it is that much more difficult to do what I want to do. My other two saves? One is a test mule to try new things. Other is a male play through with Ivy as companion for umm...obvious reasons lol.

2 hours ago, OlafOlafOlaf2 said:

Soo...any chance for a small FSK18 expansion for CaP? Instead of CSA? CaP looks very good, but since CaP and CSA both have (player)surrender mechanics, there would be no point in using CSA anymore right? Or am I missing something? 

Unless I'm mistaken, CSA is being reworked to become the adult expansion of CAP. So you will need BOTH to add adult events such as rape to CAP, since CAP by itself is a SFW nexus mod. But perhaps I misunderstood what the recent update to CSA meant.

I don't know what this FSK18 is... lost on that one. So, that would likely mean the answer is no? I don't know. LOL.

CAP is replacing CSA, but of course, for those that wish to stay with CSA, they certainly can. I mean, CSA will have village bicycle, it will have critters, it will allow surrender to anyone. CAP's iteration only allows surrender to bounty hunters, raiders, gunners, super mutant and Diamond City Security. Will it have more factions? Sure. Stalkers are yet to be added. Does it have the same sort of outcomes? Identical. There are beatings, there are cripplings, there are robberies and teleport options. There are companion and player kidnappings. And there can very well be sexual assaults - but only ONE assault and obviously, only to the factions you can surrender to. CAP has AAF integration, but it is locked behind an MCM toggle. I am not shying away from adult content because its on Nexus - I mean, Nexus has FAR worse adult mods than me having a single sexual assault POSSIBLE outcome.

But no, in my mind, I cant see a world where one wishes to keep CSA, unless it is to have the gratuitous rounds and gang rapes and monsters allowed to be a part of that. CAP is just going to make it a little more realistic and less perversely twisted. But it will do everything CSA does (more or less) and so much more...

What is the console command to unfreeze my character?

I’m on my 128546885589 restart of this game and everything seems to be running fine (only one CTD), the only problem I have is the random misfire with CSA where the perp is too far away or killed before they get me (or I cheated and tried to cancel it) and my player is stuck and can’t move.   The only thing so far is to reload from the previous save.  

thanks for the help.

28 minutes ago, fobbadabalaba said:

What is the console command to unfreeze my character?

I’m on my 128546885589 restart of this game and everything seems to be running fine (only one CTD), the only problem I have is the random misfire with CSA where the perp is too far away or killed before they get me (or I cheated and tried to cancel it) and my player is stuck and can’t move.   The only thing so far is to reload from the previous save.  

thanks for the help.

Open MCM and go to CSA /General tab and update CSA. You may also need to use your CSA reset hotkey.

3 hours ago, kida001 said:

May I suggest adding an option to surrender on the options of "beg for mercy, beg to let set free... etc." because regardless of what i answer, i get it, and never get asaulted. even surprise attack just ressults on having ot answer the same options again.

Something is wrong with your installation. Those options work 100% of the time for me. You must have another mod interfering or perhaps it is just an AAF installation issue. I lean more towards a mod conflict than anything else. If you are using a modded dialogue interface, it could be that. Begging for mercy always leads to a snide remark by assaulter and an assault. Asking to be set free depends on your charisma. If Flashy were to put a surrender option in as you ask, it would just be a never ending loop as it does nothing to address the real problem.

Is there a way to disable walk_timeout & lock_timeout in your mods.  I usually have these settings disabled in the AAF_settings.ini.  I do this so that I won't get AAF error messages with some animations when called by a mod.  I get timeout or lock error with some animation usually in congested areas like Bunker Hill, or Diamond City.  Sometimes I'll get an error with Abductions in some areas also when using the default settings or 30 and 20 seconds.  I'm pretty sure these settings can be ignored because I don't have have this issue with Violate and most other mods.  When I set the values to -1, the animations called by your mods won't start.  Is there a setting in your mod that I can set to change this behavior?