SkyrimLL/DeepBlueFrog mods conversion to SSE

40 minutes ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

I think he meant the spider egg clusters sticking out between your legs when you are infected.

Yep,happened with previous parasites versions I converted, too. Mesh appears in game (visible when magic effects show on an infected person, visible as a glowing outline), but its texture seems to not carry over well into SE.

1 hour ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

I think he meant the spider egg clusters sticking out between your legs when you are infected.

32 minutes ago, w234aew said:

Yep,happened with previous parasites versions I converted, too. Mesh appears in game (visible when magic effects show on an infected person, visible as a glowing outline), but its texture seems to not carry over well into SE.

Ok, that one is still invisible for me as well, I'm trying some other things out. didn't realize the hip hugger was also called face hugger - i got that one to show with a full optimization, but it's got issues. It kind of shimmers, and i suspect it may explode visually if looked at wrong.

edit: face hugger chastity is invisible in the version i attached. this is after trying some things.

image.png.6e6e4bd51bb75328f6776d528e070d9c.png

@DeepBlueFrog @w234aew @normal24yearoldstudent

Alright, I got it. I have no idea why the those changes worked, but I'll take it. I just made it match the chaurus worm parasite, which was showing. Now the only problem is it sticks out all over the butt. The method I know for scaling doesn't seem to work right for this. Probably not noticeable unless you're at a low weight (which this is).

aa_plugspidereggs.nif

Here's the full mod with all the parasites showing up when added through the MCM:

KynesBlessingSE20200725_fixed.7z

Spider eggs working:

image.png.707bfd290ab653823de94cea8e3f378b.png

Old:

image.thumb.png.73e79eaf1a837a702d4a7ee1c290f384.png

New:

image.png.79003e00d29ac245afe02dc7f4943473.png

21 minutes ago, zarantha said:

@DeepBlueFrog @w234aew @normal24yearoldstudent

Alright, I got it. I have no idea why the those changes worked, but I'll take it. I just made it match the chaurus worm parasite, which was showing. Now the only problem is it sticks out all over the butt. The method I know for scaling doesn't seem to work right for this. Probably not noticeable unless you're at a low weight (which this is).

shit, thanks man

so did you simply change some settings in the nif file and the texture showed up? I feel really dumb now that I tried replacing the dds file with textures from other mods multiple time with no success

edit: confirmed in game, it just works

8 minutes ago, normal24yearoldstudent said:

shit, thanks man

so did you simply change some settings in the nif file and the texture showed up? I feel really dumb now that I tried replacing the dds file with textures from other mods multiple time with no success

I also ran it through nif optimizer. It was a NiTriShape, now it's BSTriShape, but that change alone didn't fix it. But yes, changing the shaders in the nif is the last change I did and seems to be what fixed it.

I tried replacing it too, but I couldn't get the new mesh to sit on the pelvis bone right. There's still a lot of things I don't know how to do with meshes yet. So I went back to comparing with a known good mesh and trying to hack it. :D

On 7/16/2020 at 10:14 PM, BobLoblaw said:

Hey all!

So I'm having trouble getting my Devious Devices to equip when enslaved.

[...]

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if they had a solution. Or maybe I should take this problem to the Devious Devices support forum? Thanks!!

EDIT: Managed to get collars to work after reinstalling (both SD and DD) for the third time somehow! Maybe I wasn't reinstalling correctly... still no cuffs for arms or legs though...

EDIT 2: Got cuffs working... I think! I was trying out getting enslaved by different people, and it seems maybe different people put me in different restraints? SD Addons seems to be working fine as im able to consistently make them all IRON restraints. 

EDIT 3: Now it just seems random- like most times i get just the collar, and SOMETIMES i get leg and arm cuffs. Very weird...

Hello,

While looking for answers in the forum I stumbled on the post above. I do have the same issue. SD+ seems to work relatively well. I had two owners so far, managed to reach level 2 and its new options seem to work (able to ask for skooma now).

But here are the main issues I am unable to solve now, does anyone have a clue or "procedure" ?

1. No collar or any device is loading, despite messages show and effects happen in game (being shocked when walking too far for instance, but no visible mesh/texture, nothing in the inventory either). I hear BobLoblaw was able to solve this but reinstalling did not help on my side.

2. During level 1 (and possibly the following ones ?) I am told to kneel and beg other people for sex, but I do not see explicit dialogue for them (or do I have to use the default SL Dialogue options ?)

3. Sometimes the owner gives me tasks/orders to do (such as not wearing clothes or kneeling, crawling...) but they are not enforced and there is no clue (message or quest) telling me if I'm doing them right or not. Example: I'm still able to walk normally after being put to crawl and my owner doesn't seem to react.

These might not (all) be bugs or installation issues. Maybe I'm just missing the point on how the mechanics of the mod work. Any help or advice welcome, though.

Thanks !

1 hour ago, LipoCH said:

Hello,

While looking for answers in the forum I stumbled on the post above. I do have the same issue. SD+ seems to work relatively well. I had two owners so far, managed to reach level 2 and its new options seem to work (able to ask for skooma now).

But here are the main issues I am unable to solve now, does anyone have a clue or "procedure" ?

1. No collar or any device is loading, despite messages show and effects happen in game (being shocked when walking too far for instance, but no visible mesh/texture, nothing in the inventory either). I hear BobLoblaw was able to solve this but reinstalling did not help on my side.

2. During level 1 (and possibly the following ones ?) I am told to kneel and beg other people for sex, but I do not see explicit dialogue for them (or do I have to use the default SL Dialogue options ?)

3. Sometimes the owner gives me tasks/orders to do (such as not wearing clothes or kneeling, crawling...) but they are not enforced and there is no clue (message or quest) telling me if I'm doing them right or not. Example: I'm still able to walk normally after being put to crawl and my owner doens't seem to react.

These might not (all) be bugs or installation issues. Maybe I'm just missing the point on how the mechanics of the mod work. Any help or advice welcome, though.

Thanks !

So why  don't we try to figure out which mod has the issue?

If you add items from devious devices expansion using add item, do the devices equip and can you see them?

If you start a new game with only the DD requirements, do you see an issue with equipping devices?

If you use iEquip, get a patch from DD troubleshooting and known issues:

9 hours ago, LipoCH said:

3. Sometimes the owner gives me tasks/orders to do (such as not wearing clothes or kneeling, crawling...) but they are not enforced and there is no clue (message or quest) telling me if I'm doing them right or not. Example: I'm still able to walk normally after being put to crawl and my owner doesn't seem to react.

I had the "kneeling-problem" too. Tried FNIS idels for half an hour to find a kneeling animation to no avail. Just gave up and loaded another save. Later on I saw in the mod menu for SD that you can change the Position (standing/kneeling/crawling) with the cursor keys...

But up to now I did not test it.

PS: I did get spanked for not kneeling all the time and lost slave points (don't remember the exact specification). For the Spanking you probably need "Spank That Ass". If you don't get any negativ response you're probably doing it right.

11 hours ago, zarantha said:

So why  don't we try to figure out which mod has the issue?

If you add items from devious devices expansion using add item, do the devices equip and can you see them?

If you start a new game with only the DD requirements, do you see an issue with equipping devices?

If you use iEquip, get a patch from DD troubleshooting and known issues: [...]

Hi zarantha,

I can indeed add devious devices manually from my inventory (regular DD devices). For example a collar or the vaginal plug that's supposed to be worn on level 2.

I started a new game and I got the same result: no collar or any device given/worn once enlaved via SD+.

I am not sure which patch you are mentioning. I do have Cursed Loot installed though, as shown in your link. I do not know what iEquip is.

[edit] My bad, I finally found the patches page, clicking the right button. But looking into it, I can confirm I never installed iEquip.

2 hours ago, Kelach said:

I had the "kneeling-problem" too. Tried FNIS idels for half an hour to find a kneeling animation to no avail. Just gave up and loaded another save. Later on I saw in the mod menu for SD that you can change the Position (standing/kneeling/crawling) with the cursor keys...

But up to now I did not test it.

PS: I did get spanked for not kneeling all the time and lost slave points (don't remember the exact specification). For the Spanking you probably need "Spank That Ass". If you don't get any negativ response you're probably doing it right.

Hi Kelach,

I managed to get the animations working. I suppose this part of the "tasks" are not subjected to messages. From level two, I do get messages telling me what my tasks are and they show up in the quest log so yes, I think it's just how the mechanics of the mod works.

Thank you both for your messages.

Hi, if you are still talking about Parasites, can anything be done with the assignation of "spiders" faction to the player? In dungeons this makes all enemies friendly. 

I guess the initial idea was to prevent spiders from attacking the PC after infestation....for...reasons, but a side effect is that will make all other enemies friendly in that certain instance. It does work fine in the open world but it bugs dungeons. 

3 hours ago, LipoCH said:

I can indeed add devious devices manually from my inventory (regular DD devices). For example a collar or the vaginal plug that's supposed to be worn on level 2.

I started a new game and I got the same result: no collar or any device given/worn once enlaved via SD+.

So that likely indicates DD is working fine. I've noticed that SD can take a bit to start when you're enslaved, but I'm guessing you've let it run for a while and nothing shows up later?

When you installed SD, did you install the resources too? there's multiple parts to the install.

I usually grab the latest versions of these:

Sanguine Debauchery enhanced - Resources
Sanguine Debauchery enhanced 20200704SSE
SD Customization Addons SE
SlaveTatsEvents Bridge SE

Last two are optional I think. If you've got the main mod and the resources, try reinstalling them.

14 minutes ago, zarantha said:

Yes there's an MCM.  Try Jaxonz MCM Kicker or a clean install of parasites.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57795?tab=files

Or if you don't want to install the mcm kicker, run the console command:

setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1

a clean install of parasites? im new to mods so what is a a clean install of parasites to you. oh and i can get the mod to start if that is in the MCM then i will see if the kicker fixed it.

29 minutes ago, FireSplitter said:

Hi, if you are still talking about Parasites, can anything be done with the assignation of "spiders" faction to the player? In dungeons this makes all enemies friendly. 

I guess the initial idea was to prevent spiders from attacking the PC after infestation....for...reasons, but a side effect is that will make all other enemies friendly in that certain instance. It does work fine in the open world but it bugs dungeons. 

Not much that can be done without deepbluefrog changing how it works, and why would spiders want to hurt you if you have their eggs? It's working as designed, and it's not permanent. Removing a parasite will remove you from the corresponding faction(s).

If you don't want to be 'friendly' with the spiders, that could be your incentive to remove the eggs. :D

1 minute ago, zarantha said:

Not much that can be done without deepbluefrog changing how it works, and why would spiders want to hurt you if you have their eggs? It's working as designed, and it's not permanent. Removing a parasite will remove you from the corresponding faction(s).

If you don't want to be 'friendly' with the spiders, that could be your incentive to remove the eggs. :D

The first reason is as stated above: spiders will not harm you because of the eggs inside you. 

The other reason is that outside of talking to Danica or an Apothecary, the only way to remove spider eggs is from sex with spiders. And for that, you need to be friendly with spiders (I know Defeat can get you assaulted by spiders too, but friendly is better because of reason #1).

Making dungeons friendly works as intended. 

It is part of giving a strategic use to parasites. 

- equip live spider eggs to grant yourself immunity to spiders for easier dungeon exploration

- equip live chaurus worms to grant yourself immunity to chaurus and falmers (dwemer automatons will still be hostile)

- equip a face hugger to get waterbreathing and poison resistance capaibilities (still working on that effect).

The idea is to use parasites as an alternate spell/magicka system.

The Queen of Chaurus quest will build on that a lot.

26 minutes ago, zarantha said:

Yes there's an MCM.  Try Jaxonz MCM Kicker or a .clean install of parasites

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57795?tab=files

Or if you don't want to install the mcm kicker, run the console command:

setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1

ok so i did try kicker and did not help and i did the SKI_ConfigManagerInstance and still did not help. so how do i do a clean install of parasites

25 minutes ago, yourboy_puro said:

ok so i did try kicker and did not help and i did the SKI_ConfigManagerInstance and still did not help. so how do i do a clean install of parasites

uninstall parasites

save

load save

play the game for a bit

save again

install parasites

I'm trying to get DAYMOYL, Defeat and SD working together again. The first two seem ready to go after I abolished a(n apparently flawed) Defeat patch. But I'm having trouble getting DAYMOYL and Defeat to acknowledge SD.

The latest version of SD (with resources), when added to my game, does not install properly. No installation notice occurs and no main menu entry occurs. But an earlier version from this year appears to install properly. Inspecting the files appears to show that the latter version has a SD esp file, but I can't find one of those in the newest version.

I'm hoping to get the non-buggy version of SD. What might be stopping the new version of SD from installing properly?

Using Vortex, fwiw.

3 hours ago, zarantha said:

So that likely indicates DD is working fine. I've noticed that SD can take a bit to start when you're enslaved, but I'm guessing you've let it run for a while and nothing shows up later?

When you installed SD, did you install the resources too? there's multiple parts to the install.

I usually grab the latest versions of these:

Sanguine Debauchery enhanced - Resources
Sanguine Debauchery enhanced 20200704SSE
SD Customization Addons SE
SlaveTatsEvents Bridge SE

Last two are optional I think. If you've got the main mod and the resources, try reinstalling them.

Yes I did exactly everything you mentioned in your message. I will do a full reinstall though and start another enslavement event, see if things load. I did notice that many events happen during enlavement, could it be scripts are running altogether and something is possibly skipped ?

For information: I managed to reach level four, still with the second owner. But after some days it appears it was impossible to raise the "overall" and "disposition" values, despite doing everything told (offering gold and valuable items, offering entertainment, offering food regularly). Despite having my owner saying "seems pleased" and "smiling", at the end of the day, stats were always deep in the negative and eventually I go abandonned. I was wondering if it's because I stayed too long with the same owner ?

Still enjoyin exploring this mod, I like the way it is progressive.

4 hours ago, zarantha said:

4 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

The first reason is as stated above: spiders will not harm you because of the eggs inside you. 

The other reason is that outside of talking to Danica or an Apothecary, the only way to remove spider eggs is from sex with spiders. And for that, you need to be friendly with spiders (I know Defeat can get you assaulted by spiders too, but friendly is better because of reason #1).

Making dungeons friendly works as intended. 

It is part of giving a strategic use to parasites. 

- equip live spider eggs to grant yourself immunity to spiders for easier dungeon exploration

- equip live chaurus worms to grant yourself immunity to chaurus and falmers (dwemer automatons will still be hostile)

- equip a face hugger to get waterbreathing and poison resistance capaibilities (still working on that effect).

The idea is to use parasites as an alternate spell/magicka system.

The Queen of Chaurus quest will build on that a lot.

Yes, I understand that but I was not referring to other spiders. But to all other non-spider NPC which will be friendly too. If you have Draugrs in the same dungeon, they will be friendly too. I tried it again on a new game in Bleak Falls Barrow. Get raped by spider than the entire dungeon is friendly to you. (Draugrs too) It is fine, I just tough it was a weird behavior to affect other enemies too. 

7 minutes ago, FireSplitter said:

Yes, I understand that but I was not referring to other spiders. But to all other non-spider NPC which will be friendly too. If you have Draugrs in the same dungeon, they will be friendly too. I tried it again on a new game in Bleak Falls Barrow. Get raped by spider than the entire dungeon is friendly to you. (Draugrs too) It is fine, I just tough it was a weird behavior to affect other enemies too. 

There isn't much I can do on that point... friendships between factions can be finicky.

Draugr and spiders are friends... same with Falmers. 

I can try to override that for the player only with special factions but I can't garantee it will work (friend of spiders but enemy of draugr for example).