I figured it out. TD has an armbinder animation. I took that file and replaced the institute handcuffs animation with that animation. It fixed the Armbinder animation, but I get the feeling this will break something else, so next I will try calling a different animation path within the esp.

Edit: already made the changes. Now the only animation that is changed is the RH animation with the TD settings. Nothing else that calls Institute handcuff anims should be affected. Again thanks for your help figuring this out.

Hey Kharos, not sure if you're taking feature requests but a shock collar terminal function to lock the collar and randomize the access code would be neat. I tried to hack together the functionality myself but it was my first time messing with FO4 terminals and the results were pretty buggy. I ended up cheating instead and using the console to set the quest variable for the access code by randomly hitting number keys.

On 2/20/2020 at 9:54 AM, finalfrog said:

Hey Kharos, not sure if you're taking feature requests but a shock collar terminal function to lock the collar and randomize the access code would be neat. I tried to hack together the functionality myself but it was my first time messing with FO4 terminals and the results were pretty buggy. I ended up cheating instead and using the console to set the quest variable for the access code by randomly hitting number keys.

Hi finalfrog

Sorry for the slow answer, this is actually the first time in a few day's that I have time to be in front of my PC.

This is not a bad suggestion, and it should not be too hard to add. I just put it on my "idea list". I am currently taking a break from modding. so I cannot promise that I will implement it soon.

Cheers

Hi Kharos... since you're putting things on your idea list, here's a really minor feature request.  Could you add AddToBoundHandsGenericFurnitureList() to the ThirdPartyAPI?  Calling it on SoftDependencies works fine of course, but it's incredibly useful and I always feel a little uncomfortable calling internal functions in other mods.

The reason I needed it was to fix an issue where companions who had been abducted by RSEII:CSA and were handcuffed would get stuck in a loop, kneeling and standing over and over.  Turns out RH's routine that kicks NPCs out of unapproved furniture was fighting with RSE's AI package that makes abductees sit on a furniture marker with a kneeling animation.  Note that the furniture is actually a vanilla item, NPCPrisonerFloorSit 0x0D9C37, so you might also want to put that in the formlist by default in case other mods run into this.

very nice mod, is it possible to have a option for the cuffs to be broken by any random work bench beside the red owned settlement workshop bench? escaping from the enemies would go fairly easy if i find a random one laying around the commonwealth or maybe have a friendly npc help you out with the handcuffs with of course having a high speech craft level  Hope to see a update of this. Thanks for the RH mod.

4 hours ago, bstylez said:

very nice mod, is it possible to have a option for the cuffs to be broken by any random work bench beside the red owned settlement workshop bench? escaping from the enemies would go fairly easy if i find a random one laying around the commonwealth or maybe have a friendly npc help you out with the handcuffs with of course having a high speech craft level  Hope to see a update of this. Thanks for the RH mod.

Boston Devious Helper works great with Real Handcuffs.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello  Kharos

I still have a working problem with your mod that I can't understand.

when your handcuffs are applied to my character, the handcuffs and or the collar start to disappear and reappear without stopping.

I play in 3rd person view and I just noticed that if I switch to fps view and I come back to 3rd person view the problem stops.

Do you have an idea ?

On 3/5/2020 at 9:03 AM, hkheung said:

Hello  Kharos

I still have a working problem with your mod that I can't understand.

when your handcuffs are applied to my character, the handcuffs and or the collar start to disappear and reappear without stopping.

I play in 3rd person view and I just noticed that if I switch to fps view and I come back to 3rd person view the problem stops.

Do you have an idea ?

No, I don't know what is going on, and I cannot reproduce the problem.

You can try to enable papyrus logging for your game and then set the papyrus log level to Information in the MCM settings. Maybe you will be able to spot something in the log file, e.g. messages that real handcuffs has to reapply the restraint or prevent it from being unequipped.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, ZubZaZub said:

Hi Kharos

If RH-JB compatibility patch is enabled then no collar is spawned during enslavement process.

Seems the problem is caused by scripted proxy collar.

If edit JBSlaveQuest to use ordinary or Robco non-proxy collar then all works fine.

Log file attached.

Real Handcuffs v0.4.3

JustBusiness v0.7.5

RH_JB_Collar_Papyrus.0.zip 4.06 kB · 0 downloads

The log says:

[03/14/2020 - 04:07:45PM] [RealHandcuffs] RHJB ShockCollarProxy spawned for FF004504 Preston Garvey.
[03/14/2020 - 04:07:46PM] [RealHandcuffs] RHJB ShockCollarProxy: Spawning and equipping shock collar.
[03/14/2020 - 04:07:47PM] [RealHandcuffs] RHJB ShockCollarProxy spawned for FF004504 Preston Garvey.
[03/14/2020 - 04:07:47PM] [RealHandcuffs] RHJB ShockCollarProxy: Actor has ProcessedByShockCollarProxy keyword, not spawning shock collar.

So the proxy object is spawned and detects that this is a new slave and should receive a collar (first two lines). Then it looks like a second proxy object is spawned - this is rater unexpected, but it correctly recognises that it is a duplicate and does nothing.

What is the final result? Does your enslaved Preston have a collar in his inventory instead of wearing it, or is there no collar at all?

There are also a few weird scripting errors in your log before that, for example:

[03/14/2020 - 04:06:29PM] error: Cannot call GetCount() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[alias Player on quest RH_MainQuest (59000F99)].RealHandcuffs:Installer.V1.DoMaintenance() - "C:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 4 Creation Kit\Data\Scripts\Source\User\RealHandcuffs\Installer.psc" Line ?
	[alias Player on quest RH_MainQuest (59000F99)].RealHandcuffs:Installer.RunInstallerTasks() - "C:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 4 Creation Kit\Data\Scripts\Source\User\RealHandcuffs\Installer.psc" Line 185
	[alias Player on quest RH_MainQuest (59000F99)].RealHandcuffs:Installer.OnPlayerLoadGame() - "C:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 4 Creation Kit\Data\Scripts\Source\User\RealHandcuffs\Installer.psc" Line 54

It is possible that the missing collar is caused by something else being broken in my mod, preventing it from spawning the collar.

16 hours ago, ZubZaZub said:

I have an update. The errors take place only with Real Handcuffs Lite.

Thanks. The lite version is not supposed to automatically replace handcuffs and collars. It looks like there is a bug that causes some part of that to still happen. I will take a closer look.

Hello,

Can you please add the keyword  DD_KW_RenderedItem to your cuffs and Collars in the Devious device patch ?

The script of Kimy prevents adding (and equipping) your devices if it does not have these keywords.

Happened to the player with AAF violate and your mod installed together with the AAF selection equip .. on Scenestart when the player has equipped bondagemittens or

something equivalent (Straight jacket)

Here the DD Script:

Scriptname DD:DD_Effect_NoItemPickup extends activemagiceffect

DD:DD_Library Property libs Auto Const                                ; Base API
FormList Property DD_BondageMittensExclusionList Auto Const

Event OnEffectStart(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)
    If akTarget != Libs.Player
        return
    EndIf
    AddInventoryEventFilter(None)
EndEvent

Event OnItemAdded(Form akBaseItem, int aiItemCount, ObjectReference akItemReference, ObjectReference akSourceContainer)
    If GetTargetActor() != Libs.Player || DD_BondageMittensExclusionList.HasForm(akBaseItem)
        return
    EndIf
    ; some exceptions for DD items and keys
    If ((akBaseItem As Armor) && (akBaseItem.HasKeyword(libs.DD_kw_InventoryItem) || akBaseItem.HasKeyword(libs.DD_kw_RenderedItem))) || (akBaseItem As Key) || libs.bProcessing
        return
    EndIf
    libs.notify("You can't pick up this item with sealed hands!")
    ;Utility.Wait(0.1)
    If akSourceContainer
        Libs.Player.RemoveItem(akBaseItem, aiItemCount, False, akSourceContainer)
    Else
        Libs.Player.DropObject(akBaseItem, aiItemCount)
    EndIf
EndEvent

Regards

On 2/23/2020 at 9:08 AM, EgoBallistic said:

Hi Kharos... since you're putting things on your idea list, here's a really minor feature request.  Could you add AddToBoundHandsGenericFurnitureList() to the ThirdPartyAPI?  Calling it on SoftDependencies works fine of course, but it's incredibly useful and I always feel a little uncomfortable calling internal functions in other mods.

The reason I needed it was to fix an issue where companions who had been abducted by RSEII:CSA and were handcuffed would get stuck in a loop, kneeling and standing over and over.  Turns out RH's routine that kicks NPCs out of unapproved furniture was fighting with RSE's AI package that makes abductees sit on a furniture marker with a kneeling animation.  Note that the furniture is actually a vanilla item, NPCPrisonerFloorSit 0x0D9C37, so you might also want to put that in the formlist by default in case other mods run into this.

So, I have started to tinker with my mod again. :cool:

Adding NPCPrisonerFloorSit to BoundHandsGenericFurnitureList is a simple solution, but it will probably cause some clipping. I might be able to do better than that, but it will require some testing. Do you know a simple way to reproduce the problem (e.g. maybe there is a reliable way to trigger an abduction with RSEII:CSA, or maybe you even have a savegame that does not have too many dependencies)?

21 hours ago, Adetu said:

Hello,

Can you please add the keyword  DD_KW_RenderedItem to your cuffs and Collars in the Devious device patch ?

The script of Kimy prevents adding (and equipping) your devices if it does not have these keywords.

Happened to the player with AAF violate and your mod installed together with the AAF selection equip .. on Scenestart when the player has equipped bondagemittens or

something equivalent (Straight jacket)

Hi

Thanks for the error report. I will take a closer look at the DD scripts and consider whether I want to add DD_kw_InventoryItem or DD_kw_RenderedItem - or even both, as there is no such distinction in my mod. Depends a bit on where else these keywords are used in the DD scripts.

Update: It looks like DD_kw_RenderedItem is the better option here than DD_kw_InventoryItem.

9 hours ago, Kharos said:

Hi

Thanks for the error report. I will take a closer look at the DD scripts and consider whether I want to add DD_kw_InventoryItem or DD_kw_RenderedItem - or even both, as there is no such distinction in my mod. Depends a bit on where else these keywords are used in the DD scripts.

Only if you can do it without having DD as a dependency, please.

1 hour ago, DocClox said:

Only if you can do it without having DD as a dependency, please.

If you read the whole conversation you can see that we are talking about a change to the Devious Devices compatibility patch, not about a change to the core mod. ?

On 3/20/2020 at 10:23 PM, Kharos said:

So, I have started to tinker with my mod again. :cool:

Adding NPCPrisonerFloorSit to BoundHandsGenericFurnitureList is a simple solution, but it will probably cause some clipping. I might be able to do better than that, but it will require some testing. Do you know a simple way to reproduce the problem (e.g. maybe there is a reliable way to trigger an abduction with RSEII:CSA, or maybe you even have a savegame that does not have too many dependencies)?

Never mind, it looks like I risk breaking the packages of other mods when I try to apply idle poses to get around the clipping. The safest way forward is to just add it to the list of exemptions.

Version 0.4.4 beta 1
====================
various small new features and fixes
- add option to randomize access code in shock collar terminal
- try to make NPCs react a bit stronger to being shocked (only works with generic voice types for now)
- allow choosing poses for bound NPCs who are waiting or assigned to prisoner mats (only a kneeling pose is available for now)
- improve Devious Devices compatibility by adding DD_kw_RenderedItem keyword to restraints in DD compatibility plugin
- fix spawning of shock collars by Just Business compatibility plugin if lite version is installed
- add compatibility plugin for "Sim Settlements - Conqueror" (only a few AI package tweaks for now)
- make BoundHandsGenericFurnitureList and BoundHandsTakeItemList form lists available in ThirdPartyApi
- refactor the way how "bound hands" animation keywords are processed to allow adding new keywords from other mods
- add 0x0D9C37 NpcPrisonerFloorSit to BoundHandsGenericFurnitureList for increased compatibility with other mods

Some additional notes for this release:

• Randomizing the access code was requested by @finalfrog. For technical reasons (general wonkiness of PipBoy terminal menus) I am not able to close the "access code" submenu after randomizing the access code. So if you want to put yourself into a situation where you do not know the access code, you need to choose the randomize option and then press tab to leave the submenu whithout looking at the generated random access code.
  • It was my intention from the beginning to allow poses for NPCs on prisoner mats. It turned out a bit harder than I thought; I ended up fighting the animation system quite a bit. It works pretty well now, but there is some visible twitching when you start command mode with kneeling prioners or tell them to follow you. This feature is also not very well tested, and there might be hidden bugs. For this reason I am declaring this release a beta version. If you have a long running important savegame you might want to stay on the stable version (0.4.3) until things are better tested.
  • Female victims wearing Devious Devices gags should now make gagged moans when their shock collar is triggered (previously they were using their standard hit sounds). This will not work for males as Devious Devices does not include male gagged sounds.

I don't know if this is dumb or not, but after i escaped from a raider camp i realized i had a shock collar on me and now i cant get it off. Is there a command that will remove my equipped items? or a way to get it off beside going through many combinations?

6 hours ago, TheProfessor said:

I don't know if this is dumb or not, but after i escaped from a raider camp i realized i had a shock collar on me and now i cant get it off. Is there a command that will remove my equipped items? or a way to get it off beside going through many combinations?

There is an option to free yourself in the MCM Debug menu. That is, unless you enabled hardcode mode. If you did then you are out of luck.