1 hour ago, chochodulu said:

Edit: I would like to add that the are 2 more people having this exact same problem in the Just Business thread, so it's not just me being a screw-up ?

Yeah, I'm aware that you are not the only one with that problem. It is still a mystery to me. I just repeated your steps to be sure: Create new character, enslave first raider (the one north from sanctuary hills). Works as it should, and looking at the logs I do not see anything special. :classic_confused:

29 minutes ago, Kharos said:

The first log does not look good but maybe the script dumps are a red herring; I would expect that things just generally don't work, not that the game crashes.

The second log contains almost no log entries from Real Handcuffs. Can you please set papyrus log level to Information in the MCM debug settings and do it again? Most probably it is on the default setting ("Warning"). In that setting Real Handcuffs only makes log entries when it detects problems, and it didn't detect them...

I've attached a new log, with the MCM debug setting set to "Information". I've attached the new log (after a crash), but I think you can skip looking at it. The only reference to Real Handcuffs in it is:

[RealHandcuffs] Debug settings changed from MCM

Which, despite not being an expert at reading a papyrus log,  I think I can figure out what it means ?

Papyrus.0.log

2 hours ago, chochodulu said:

Which, despite not being an expert at reading a papyrus log,  I think I can figure out what it means ?

?

Ok, it looks like RH is not trying to interfere with Just Business in your situation (and it really shouldn't if you did not install the JB compatibility plugin; even if you did, the only thing it should do is replace the shock collar). Which means, if there is a crash, it is probably not caused by scripts but by resources or something.

53 minutes ago, Kharos said:

Which means, if there is a crash, it is probably not caused by scripts but by resources or something.

Yes, and said "resources or something" is (as I just discovered through testing) is Fallout 4 High Heels System. It's updated to its latest version, AAF compatible, but it's still causing the crash.

So... yeah.

Anyway, big thanks for the help Kharos! And for this great mod ?

21 hours ago, chochodulu said:

Yes, and said "resources or something" is (as I just discovered through testing) is Fallout 4 High Heels System. It's updated to its latest version, AAF compatible, but it's still causing the crash.

So... yeah.

Anyway, big thanks for the help Kharos! And for this great mod ?

You're welcome, and I am happy that you were able to find the culprit ?.

On 12/1/2019 at 4:08 AM, Kharos said:
  • Check if the latest F4SE is installed correctly, I assume you had to update it when the game updated. Maybe some the loose files that are are part of F4SE are missing (or old, maybe you only replaced the dll and not the loose files)?
  • You can try to deactivate and reactivate the mod (debug settings, master switch), this will force it to reinitialize. Please exit MCM after toggling the switch and wait for the message.
  • If that does not help: Enable papyrus logging for fallout 4; then enable full papyrus logging in the MCM settings (debug settings, set log level for papyrus to Information). Play with the handcuffs (e.g. equip them, press tab a few times, open MCM debug settings and check if the mod detects that you are bound). Then send me the logfile.

Thanks! Here you go Papyrus.0.log
I was able to fix this before by doing a clean save: remove mod. load game, quit game, then install mod again.
But I ran into this issue again.

When I deactivate mod while in this state (handcuffed, without being able to show message box), my player gets free. But once I activate it again, the mod says it detected that my player was previously bound, so it puts my player in handcuffs again, and again I cant get the message box to show.

Any chance to allow the message box to show via MCM hotkey? :) 

2 hours ago, twistedtrebla said:

Thanks! Here you go Papyrus.0.log
I was able to fix this before by doing a clean save: remove mod. load game, quit game, then install mod again.
But I ran into this issue again.

When I deactivate mod while in this state (handcuffed, without being able to show message box), my player gets free. But once I activate it again, the mod says it detected that my player was previously bound, so it puts my player in handcuffs again, and again I cant get the message box to show.

Any chance to allow the message box to show via MCM hotkey? :)

Unfortunately I am not able to see why it does not work in the logs. For some reason it just does not work. Sorry ?.

Adding a MCM key as a backup (or even for a slightly different action) is a good idea, I added that to my TODO list (which is currently growing).

On 12/6/2019 at 6:33 PM, Kharos said:

Unfortunately I am not able to see why it does not work in the logs. For some reason it just does not work. Sorry ?.

Adding a MCM key as a backup (or even for a slightly different action) is a good idea, I added that to my TODO list (which is currently growing).

Don't suppose people are usin FallSouls, are they? [No-pause in pip-boy/terminals, which also breaks pop-up boxes]

Version 0.4.2 beta 1
====================
improve support for bound players
- allow searching containers with bound hands and taking some items (same restrictions apply as when picking up loose items)
- allow unlocking containers with bound hands, similar to unlocking doors
- allow eating food items that are standing in the open with bound hands
- allow drinking from open sources of water (lakes, rivers, ...) with bound hands
- handle armor racks as containers, not as NPCs
- allow booby-trapping armor racks  with explosive collars, similar to corpses
- update LL FourPlay plugin to v38

I needed to do some refactoring of how perks and code interact when activating things with bound hands, so there might be regressions (things not working as they did in the last version). This is why I am calling this a beta release.

This may conflict with mods like Take and Equip or Use that add similar actions to loose food items. If it causes problems I might consider doing a compatibility patch, or an option in MCM to disable this feature. I don't know for sure since I am not using such mods.

The option to drink from open sources of water was a bit tricky. In theory it should give exactly the same amount of rads/health as drinking with free hands, and have the same side effects (e.g. reducing thirst in survival mode). In practice this feature may need some more testing.

55 minutes ago, reconphil said:

I installed the updated RealHandcuffs 0.4.2 beta 1 but I am still getting the message:  LL_fourPlay version 37 (LL_fourPlay_1_10_162.dll, Real Handcuffs) reported as incompatible during query in MO2.  

Make sure that you use "Replace" and not "Merge" when you install the new RealHandcuffs beta in MO2.

If the problem persists, go to "Data" tab on the right side, go to folder "Data/F4SE/Plugins" and take a look at the files. Mod Organizer should tell you for each file where it is coming from. Maybe you have an old version of AAF or something that installs LL_fourPlay_1_10_162.dll? The newest RH beta should install LL_fourPlay_1_10_163.dll instead.

1 hour ago, Kharos said:

Make sure that you use "Replace" and not "Merge" when you install the new RealHandcuffs beta in MO2.

If the problem persists, go to "Data" tab on the right side, go to folder "Data/F4SE/Plugins" and take a look at the files. Mod Organizer should tell you for each file where it is coming from. Maybe you have an old version of AAF or something that installs LL_fourPlay_1_10_162.dll? The newest RH beta should install LL_fourPlay_1_10_163.dll instead.

Okay, that was the problem, I merged instead of replaced the mod.  Thanks much!

Version 0.4.2 beta 2
====================
various improvements for bound/collared NPCs
- fix a situation where bound NPCs would free themselves
- improve behavior when using command mode on bound NPCs, there were some (hard to reproduce) bugs
- bound npcs will now follow other npcs if told to inspect them (they will follow until a different command is given, even if command mode ends)
- bound npcs will now try to stay in the exactly same place when told to wait; if pushed away, they should return
- make ticking time of explosive collars consistent with other collars (it was longer previously)
- Just Business Integration: Triggering shock collars will now improve a slave's submission value (there is a MCM setting to scale or disable the effect)

Version 0.4.2 beta 3
====================
bound NPC follow tweaks
- fix: if a bound NPC is following another NPC (bound or not) who is in turn following the player, try to keep up when the player fast-travels
- tweak bound hands packages for smoother following

[Edit: Fixed FOMOD installer, it said "0.4.3 beta 2" instead of "0.4.2 beta 3" ?]

Concerning the leg irons, would it work to create simple bracelets for now? Before HDT came up, Skyrim´s leg irons consisted of simple bracelets as well. I think even Oblivion/Morrowind had these.  :)

I know it is difficult, but boy would I love to see working HDT style leg irons in Fallout 4. :D It´s too bad SSE´s HDT is completely unusuable for FO4... :/ 

2 hours ago, akbaa said:

Concerning the leg irons, would it work to create simple bracelets for now? Before HDT came up, Skyrim´s leg irons consisted of simple bracelets as well. I think even Oblivion/Morrowind had these.  :)

I know it is difficult, but boy would I love to see working HDT style leg irons in Fallout 4. :D It´s too bad SSE´s HDT is completely unusuable for FO4... :/ 

If you want (visually) simple bracelets, DD is providing them. With my compatibility plugin the DD "bunny hop" animation is even compatible with the "hands bound behind back" animation.

Version 0.4.2
=============
final touches for 0.4.2
- fix: terminate "bound NPC follow another NPC" packages if the followed NPC dies
- add hotkey as fallback in case tab does not work when player is bound

The hotkey (at the bottom of the "Handcuffs" MCM page) is usually not required and can be left unassigned. You only need to assign it if for some reason tab does not work when the player is bound. If you do assign it, I suggest to use the I key (same as open inventory) such that it does not "consume" a key slot.

1 hour ago, Kharos said:

Version 0.4.2
=============
final touches for 0.4.2
- fix: terminate "bound NPC follow another NPC" packages if the followed NPC dies
- add hotkey as fallback in case tab does not work when player is bound

The hotkey (at the bottom of the "Handcuffs" MCM page) is usually not required and can be left unassigned. You only need to assign it if for some reason tab does not work when the player is bound. If you do assign it, I suggest to use the I key (same as open inventory) such that it does not "consume" a key slot.

The only time when Tab doesn't work is when AAF/mod combo causes the old Tab glitch where one has to rebind to another exit and then rebind it back to Tab.  Thank you for providing this.

John

3 minutes ago, MrCruelJohn said:

The only time when Tab doesn't work is when AAF/mod combo causes the old Tab glitch where one has to rebind to another exit and then rebind it back to Tab.  Thank you for providing this.

John

AAF is a good cue. My mod ignores the "normal" hotkeys (like tab) while AAF is busy with the player (detected by checking if the player has the AAF_ActorIsBusy keyword). This is a potential source of trouble (e.g. if AAF somehow fails to clean up), so I did not put that logic into the fallback hotkey on purpose.

In other words, there is nothing preventing you from using the fallback hotkey while running AAF animations, but doing so is probably not safe and not recommended.

Spoiler
17 hours ago, MrCruelJohn said:

John

17 hours ago, Kharos said:

AAF is a good cue. My mod ignores the "normal" hotkeys (like tab) while AAF is busy with the player (detected by checking if the player has the AAF_ActorIsBusy keyword). This is a potential source of trouble (e.g. if AAF somehow fails to clean up), so I did not put that logic into the fallback hotkey on purpose.

In other words, there is nothing preventing you from using the fallback hotkey while running AAF animations, but doing so is probably not safe and not recommended.

I've found that when that happens, restarting the game solves the problem, for me [Save, exit to desktop, reload save].

Should probably look at why that happens next time I come across it ?

Hello

I have a little problem with your mod and the get dirty mod.

Indeed when your mod applies a constraint (collar and / or handcuffs) the application of dirt from the get dirty mod no longer works correctly.
the application of dirt begins to appear / disappear all the time until I remove the constraint (s).

Do you have an idea ?

Cordially

3 hours ago, hkheung said:

Hello

I have a little problem with your mod and the get dirty mod.

Indeed when your mod applies a constraint (collar and / or handcuffs) the application of dirt from the get dirty mod no longer works correctly.
the application of dirt begins to appear / disappear all the time until I remove the constraint (s).

Do you have an idea ?

Cordially

Did you notice this on your own character or companions? I noticed this sort of behavior on my own companion (with other clothing items it happens too). Apparently the dirt shader doesnt get reloaded properly.