1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

I would definitely appreciate it. That same collar gets reused by Hardship and Raider Pet, both of which I keep pretty much permanently in my mod loads.

Do you know for sure if they use just the model (with an armor object inside their mod), or if they reference DixiePig's .esp and use the armor object from the esp? Or (third option) use the armor object from devious devices that uses the same model?

When I said "include" I thought about just using the model. Overriding the actual object that the other mods use would in a way be nice as it would add the functionality to the collars added by the other mod, but it would also have the danger of breaking stuff. For example my collars prevent removing the collar without the proper interaction; this could easily break the other mods.

[Edit] If I remember correctly the model is also used in the community restraints plugin. Looks like it is a really popular model!

25 minutes ago, Kharos said:

Do you know for sure if they use just the model (with an armor object inside their mod), or if they reference DixiePig's .esp and use the armor object from the esp? Or (third option) use the armor object from devious devices that uses the same model?

When I said "include" I thought about just using the model. Overriding the actual object that the other mods use would in a way be nice as it would add the functionality to the collars added by the other mod, but it would also have the danger of breaking stuff. For example my collars prevent removing the collar without the proper interaction; this could easily break the other mods.

Raider Pet depends on a separate installation of the collar (generally via Devious Devices). Hardship vendors a copy of the collar directly but uses the same path on the filesystem for the mesh and texture (so there is a file "conflict" to resolve between Hardship and DD if both are installed but the files are identical). I'll have to fire the game up to check whether the refid is shared between them, but you're right that it may not be.

9 hours ago, JBpy said:

Thanks for your patch. I was wondering, if it doesn't bother you, make a patch for the DixiePig collar. It is the one used in Devious Devices.

I see that @Kharos may be adding this model into be base mod in the future. However, in the mean time I whipped this up quick for you so that you can have the model while you wait for RH to be updated.

Install like you would my other patches. You can craft it via the Chem lab under "Utilities".

DixiePig Shock Collar.esp

12 hours ago, izzyknows said:

@Kharos Is it possible to have a MCM debug option to remove just the handcuffs "or" the shock collar?

That does make sense. I need to think about how to best do that though. It needs to work with "unknown" items, too, like the alternative collars from @Number24's patches, so I can't just hardcode two options...

[Edit] To make myself clear, the problem is not finding the "unknown" items, the problem is how to best show them in the UI. Fallout 4 is a bit limited when it gets to dynamic UIs.

So, I've been having an issue in the game and I am beginning to suspect that it is Real Handcuffs that is causing it, perhaps in conjunction with the actions of AAF Violate. Sometimes after a scene has concluded...the pip-boy won't open. I may appear handcuffed or even not. I suspect Real Handcuffs because the other mods turn off features but when they go screwy, you can't move. In this case the character has control, can run around, jump, sneak, shoot weapons, etc...just not open the pip-boy  until the game has been closed and restarted from the desk top. Loading an earlier save can't even fix it. From a comment in another thread, I'm not the only one to encounter this.  Anyone else using Real Handcuffs have this issue?

On 3/15/2019 at 3:22 AM, Kharos said:

I do not plan NPC interaction to become a part of the core mod; I do think that NPC interaction should happen at some time, but in a additional mod that builds on this one.

The idea is a interesting idea. Maybe I could allow players to do that when interacting with a workbench while wearing cuffs?

I think It would be a great idea if you could. For example just recently tried your mod, and I have a character running through the waste land and I have no idea how to get the handcuffs off. I would love to figure out a way to do this without breaking immersion.

3 hours ago, shawnz392 said:

I think It would be a great idea if you could. For example just recently tried your mod, and I have a character running through the waste land and I have no idea how to get the handcuffs off. I would love to figure out a way to do this without breaking immersion.

Go to the central workbench (the red thing) of a settlement that you own and interact with it.

Hi, Kharos.

I've upgraded RH from 0.3.2 to 0.4.3.

What should I be aware of doing the upgrade? Any requirements changes? Any manual cleanup required?

(Right now Fallout crashes even before the main menu when I start it with RH 0.4.3 or 0.4.2, but it launches normally if I revert to 0.3.2)

50 minutes ago, lvk said:

Hi, Kharos.

What should I be aware of doing the upgrade? Any requirements changes? Any manual cleanup required?

(Right now Fallout crashes even before the main menu when I start it with RH 0.4.3 or 0.4.2, but it launches normally if I revert to 0.3.2)

Make sure your game & mods are up to date. Then, reinstall Real Handcuffs.

Had the same problem and it only took a reinstall of RH to fix it. But mine happened at a random point while working just fine. Exited the game normally, and boom... instant CTD trying to even load the game.

19 hours ago, lvk said:

Hi, Kharos.

• Make sure to fully uninstall the old version, including loose files. Version 0.4.0 beta 1 moved most of the loose files into .ba2 archives to reduce the amount of files and space used on your disk. Unfortunately the game gives loose files priority over archived files, so if you don't clean out the old version some of the files from the archives will be overwritten by the (old) loose files.

A note to all: It is in general a good idea to get rid of old files when you upgrade the mod (if you are using MO2, choose "Replace", not "Merge"; not sure what needs to be done for NMM or Vortex). I try to make sure that each installer is fully self-contained, i.e. does not depend on the previous version being installed.

• Are you using the latest Fallout 4 version, or an old version? I noticed that Creation Kit seems to handle object ids differently since the 1.33 patch (November 20). I did not see any announcement about that in the official patch notes, but it is possible that they somehow broke backwards compatibility, it would personally not surprise me ?.

Edit: I have attached version 0.4.0 to this post, you can try if that one crashes or not to get closer to the problem. It contains the switch to archived files but was released before the 1.33 patch.

RealHandcuffs 0.4.7z

Locking Collar Request on Player...

1. Shock Collars actually lock onto player, and they have to find other ways to escape.

2. Collar Features, that possibly could be added.

-  Devious Devices style Nudity Collar, with a 5 minute countdown until it blows your head off, if you wear clothing.

Knockout Framework patch, to stop you dying when knocked out.

-  Picking lock, 3 attempt per day. Lock-Pick game, Easy - Master difficulty...

-  Remotes for the Collar, chance to spawn on bad guys. Then they will zap you, and paralyse you. If you have a sex mod, they will sexually abuse you.  AAF Violate.

-  Devious Training on Skyrim, has a fantastic gasping noise. Possible gasping, that alerts enemies. Maybe even blacking out, Knockout Framework patch.

Shock Collars on player... they unlock with just your Pipboy.

I am using it with AAF Violate , I have used it with other mods such as Sexual Harassment as well.

Just some ideas... If you don't like them, or can't be bothered. Then just ignore this post... :)

18 hours ago, Krazyone said:

Locking Collar Request on Player...

1. Shock Collars actually lock onto player, and they have to find other ways to escape.

2. Collar Features, that possibly could be added.

-  Devious Devices style Nudity Collar, with a 5 minute countdown until it blows your head off, if you wear clothing.

Knockout Framework patch, to stop you dying when knocked out.

-  Picking lock, 3 attempt per day. Lock-Pick game, Easy - Master difficulty...

-  Remotes for the Collar, chance to spawn on bad guys. Then they will zap you, and paralyse you. If you have a sex mod, they will sexually abuse you.  AAF Violate.

-  Devious Training on Skyrim, has a fantastic gasping noise. Possible gasping, that alerts enemies. Maybe even blacking out, Knockout Framework patch.

Shock Collars on player... they unlock with just your Pipboy.

I am using it with AAF Violate , I have used it with other mods such as Sexual Harassment as well.

Just some ideas... If you don't like them, or can't be bothered. Then just ignore this post... :)

The goal of this mod is just to provide the (relatively simple and lore-friendly) devices. I do not plan to add interactions with NPCs, add "magic" devices that remove or detect clothes , or do things like devious training.

That being said, if somebody wants to make mods like these on top of mine, I am ready to support them. Both by helping them understand how things work and by making changes (if necessary) to allow them to extend my work.

5 hours ago, deconne said:

hello first of all I love mod it and just great thanks for mod, then I wonder if it would be possible to have a compatibility patch with Freeze Intimidation Overhaul mod https://www.nexusmods.com/ fallout4 / mods / 27636 in advance thank you

I am not using that mod. What is not working?

[Edit] I assume it is the automatic conversion of handcuffs that prevents the "handcuff" feature of Freeze Intimiadtion Overhaul from working?

[Edit 2]

I took a quick look at the mod. A lot of the functionality seems to live in the scripts, and the scripts sources are not included so I can only guess how exactly it works. A full compatibility patch (allowing you to just seamlessly use the handcuffs and collars from my mod) is probably not possible without the script sources.

If you want to use both mods, you may be able to do so by installing the "light" version of my mod. This removes a lot of features (e.g. you will no longer find handcuffs and shock collars at traders, you will need to craft/convert them at the chemistry workbench or at the awkcr armor workbench) but it should allow freeze to work correctly.

On 1/10/2020 at 6:34 AM, shawnz392 said:

My mod Hardship adds some other "Immersive" ways to get out of the cuffs :)

Hey @Kharos This mod just keeps getting better (and makes mine better) Thanks for the hard work.

1 minute ago, Tentacus said:

My mod Hardship adds some other "Immersive" ways to get out of the cuffs :)

Hey @Kharos This mod just keeps getting better (and makes mine better) Thanks for the hard work.

Thanks @Tentacus. I do not have the "drive" to spend all my time making a huge and epic mod like some other mod authors. So it was always my idea to build something a bit simpler that others could then use in their work. I am happy to hear that this plan seems to work.

16 hours ago, Kharos said:

I am not using that mod. What is not working?

[Edit] I assume it is the automatic conversion of handcuffs that prevents the "handcuff" feature of Freeze Intimiadtion Overhaul from working?

[Edit 2]

I took a quick look at the mod. A lot of the functionality seems to live in the scripts, and the scripts sources are not included so I can only guess how exactly it works. A full compatibility patch (allowing you to just seamlessly use the handcuffs and collars from my mod) is probably not possible without the script sources.

If you want to use both mods, you may be able to do so by installing the "light" version of my mod. This removes a lot of features (e.g. you will no longer find handcuffs and shock collars at traders, you will need to craft/convert them at the chemistry workbench or at the awkcr armor workbench) but it should allow freeze to work correctly.

ok ok thanks I'm going to try

On 1/18/2020 at 5:17 AM, Kharos said:

Thanks @Tentacus. I do not have the "drive" to spend all my time making a huge and epic mod like some other mod authors. So it was always my idea to build something a bit simpler that others could then use in their work. I am happy to hear that this plan seems to work.

You certainly managed that. Does what it sets out to do, pretty much flawlessly.
Better than another DD situation.

Am curious:
How easily could the animation or object be swapped out?
I know you included two 'poses', would that be a simple keyword change? I'd imagine changing out the 'cuffs themselves, or adding a variant, wouldn't be terribly difficult.
Similar tangent: I'm curious what you've used to play around with the animations. Just with the CK, or with something like Maya/3DSMax?

On 1/18/2020 at 5:23 AM, Tentacus said:

I wish I was that sensible. ?

It's one of two reasons I've not hopped into making anything, myself. I know damn well I'll struggle with scope-creep and/or drive to make/finish it. Been doin alright with Hardship so far, so good luck :P

Someone is corrupting my save and in trying to figure that out, Real Handcuffs got in my way. My test was/is with AAF Violate and/or Raider Pet. It may have something to do with a collar around my neck that doesn't exist (nor is it in my inventory). But I did get an 'electronic key' after killing and looting the boss. So, pissed off the save because I have a key but no lock? Hell, I don't know, still trying to figure it out.

So with an older save I run around trying to get turned into a Raider Pet. Not as easy as it sounds as most times I'm just told to run off. But, I finally got made a pet! But, I was wearing handcuffs with which I can't unlock and struggling was of no avail. :(

That is hardly conductive to getting my hands on some weapons and killing the boss to see if, once I get my gear back, that my save is trashed again.

Which got me to thinking that with Raider Pet as well as Combat Surrender and Abduction, you can't always run back to a settlement to use the work bench. There needs to be more ways to remove the handcuffs. There are any number of items laying around that once you find them, could do the trick: Soap, Oil, Oil Can, Oil Cannister, Lantern, Bloatfly Gland just to name a few.

Would be nice if these could be used to escape your bonds with perhaps a percentage chance given for each type of item. Say Oil Can gives you 80% chance to get free, Bloatfly Gland 40%, Soap 20% ...along with a number of tries possible. Oil Can one shot, Bloatfly Gland one shot, Oil Canister 2 shots, bar of soap 3 shots. Fail, and you have to find another item to use to escape the cuffs.

Wrist Ropes...is that from this mod? Additionally one could find a scapel (sp), bone saw or scissors.

Just a suggestion but it would make captures more viable than just standing around for x number of game days getting violated with nothing else to do.