On 6/14/2020 at 4:56 AM, Kharos said:

It means that something went badly wrong in Real Handcuffs (technical explanation: A property that is supposed to contain an InputLayer object was suddenly set to None after loading the savegame). It also means that Real Handcuffs detected the issue and tried to fix it automatically.

I have this problem when cuffing an NPC that is supposed to respawn and leaving them in their original location. Like a Raider at Camp Kendall.  When the cell resets the cuffed Raider is replaced and RH freaks out on loading the save, because the Raider is no longer there. It doesn't "seem" to actually hurt anything. But I try to refrain from doing that, cause I have the cells reset every 24 hrs. LOL

2 hours ago, izzyknows said:

I have this problem when cuffing an NPC that is supposed to respawn and leaving them in their original location. Like a Raider at Camp Kendall.  When the cell resets the cuffed Raider is replaced and RH freaks out on loading the save, because the Raider is no longer there. It doesn't "seem" to actually hurt anything. But I try to refrain from doing that, cause I have the cells reset every 24 hrs. LOL

Hmm, interesting, I did not consider that case when I made the mod. What is the message (or messages) that you are getting?
To reproduce, I just need to use a mod that changes the cell reset time to something very short and cuff a raider, right?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kharos, not sure if this is the right place to ask a question, as this is my first time posting on this site, but is there any way I can make the hinged cuffs model appear tighter on the wrists ?  I'm using the CBBE Slim preset and the cuffs appear to be pretty loose on the character model.   Thanks in advance.

13 hours ago, jerseynick201 said:

Hi Kharos, not sure if this is the right place to ask a question, as this is my first time posting on this site, but is there any way I can make the hinged cuffs model appear tighter on the wrists ?  I'm using the CBBE Slim preset and the cuffs appear to be pretty loose on the character model.   Thanks in advance.

Don't worry, this is the right place for asking questions. There is unfortunately no simple way to do that; you would have to modify the mesh.

3 hours ago, Kharos said:

Don't worry, this is the right place for asking questions. There is unfortunately no simple way to do that; you would have to modify the mesh.

Thank you for your quick response.  I'll give it a shot, though, I doubt I'll have much success, I've never edited meshes before.  I'm assuming that the "HandcuffsArmorHinged.nif" texture is the handcuffs worn on the wrists, right ? Awesome mod, and really good looking textures, only handcuff mod I've found that includes hinged cuffs.

30 minutes ago, jerseynick201 said:

Thank you for your quick response.  I'll give it a shot, though, I doubt I'll have much success, I've never edited meshes before.  I'm assuming that the "HandcuffsArmorHinged.nif" texture is the handcuffs worn on the wrists, right ? Awesome mod, and really good looking textures, only handcuff mod I've found that includes hinged cuffs.

Yes, that's the mesh (not the texture; the texture is from the base game). The difficulty with scaling it is that the mesh is attached to the left forearm, and the pose is made such that the right arm fits through the right cuff. It will be very hard to scale the mesh without causing a mismatch with the animation. 

10 minutes ago, Kharos said:

Yes, that's the mesh (not the texture; the texture is from the base game). The difficulty with scaling it is that the mesh is attached to the left forearm, and the pose is made such that the right arm fits through the right cuff. It will be very hard to scale the mesh without causing a mismatch with the animation. 

Ah, I confused mesh and texture for a moment there.  And yeah, resizing the cuffs sounds more difficult than I thought.  Thank you very much for quickly answering my questions, I really appreciate it.

What you could try:

• load the handcuff nif into Outfit Studio and export it to .OBJ
  • Import the obj into Blender
  • Select the inner vertices of one of the cuffs.
  • Use "s" to set the 3D cursor to the middle of the selected vertices, and then "." to make scaling work relative to the cursor
  • You should now be able to scale the inside of the cuffs towards the center without altering the external geometry.
  • Repeat for the other cuff, then export back to obj, load the obj into Outfit Studio and export that as a nif.
  • See if the new nif works in-game
18 hours ago, jerseynick201 said:

If you want to look tighter and fit the pose perfectly, the best way is to directly change the body itself. When you wear an object, it is equivalent to replacing the body model instead of animation.

This effect is that no matter what the character does, the "posture" will not change. Even AAF animation will have a "new look.".

The only requirement is that it can only be naked and can't match any clothes.

This is only a simple and effective way to meet the visual needs. As a handcuff, it certainly does not have to be naked to wear. Other things, it depends on what you want to do. For example, I want to take off women and tie them with ropes or tape.:relaxed:

Spoiler

14891915_36020200627222358883.jpg.268fbce35b16f475e5d5941970399898.jpg

830660554_36020200627222311241.jpg.e4ae72a22185e131705d9ec24e05d385.jpg

327481153_36020200627222449173.jpg.d5ebc212e1b5d9f11f3366548ce7645c.jpg

15 minutes ago, kziitd said:

If you want to look tighter and fit the pose perfectly, the best way is to directly change the body itself. When you wear an object, it is equivalent to replacing the body model instead of animation.

This effect is that no matter what the character does, the "posture" will not change. Even AAF animation will have a "new look.".

The only requirement is that it can only be naked and can't match any clothes.

This is only a simple and effective way to meet the visual needs. As a handcuff, it certainly does not have to be naked to wear. Other things, it depends on what you want to do. For example, I want to take off women and tie them with ropes or tape.:relaxed:

Reveal hidden contents

14891915_36020200627222358883.jpg.268fbce35b16f475e5d5941970399898.jpg

830660554_36020200627222311241.jpg.e4ae72a22185e131705d9ec24e05d385.jpg

327481153_36020200627222449173.jpg.d5ebc212e1b5d9f11f3366548ce7645c.jpg

Yeah, the current cuffs are a bit a compromise. Basically I tried them on both the player and on various NPCs, naked and with clothing, to get something that looks ok-ish most of the time. As a consequence they are probably looking quite a bit too loose on slender characters.

21 minutes ago, DocClox said:
  • load the handcuff nif into Outfit Studio and export it to .OBJ
  • Import the obj into Blender

No need for that complicated workflow, I can just attach the original blender file to this post in case somebody wants to try and modify it. This is based on the original handcuffs misc object. I don't have blender installed on this computer, but if I remember correctly the file contains the handcuffs, the bones of the 3rd person view, and the mesh of the naked body. I mostly followed this tutorial to get the mesh into Fallout 4: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17785

HandcuffsArmorHinged.7z

It is entirely possible that you will look at the contents of the file and scratch your head, wondering why I did things the way I did. If so then the answer is "because I am a n00b when it gets to modifying models.".

OK. It's not perfect, but try this:

HandcuffsArmorHinged.blend_docclox.blend.7z

I basically merged all the doubled vertices so the cuffs were basically one mesh, then marked the sharp edges as sharp to stop them all blurring into a doughy mess. After that, making the cuffs thicker was simple.

I scaled down the cuff interior by 0.9. That's probably a bit too much, but I;m running short of time to fiddle here. 0.95 would probably be better. Anyway, see what you think.

Holy crap, I was not expecting to get this many helpful replies, and I definitely wasn't expecting anyone to do this for me.  Thank you DocClox for providing instructions in Blender and for resizing the cuffs, now I just have to figure out what to do with that file and where to put it, haha.  Also, thank you Kharos for the original blender file.  I've never used any of these apps before, though I have heard of Blender, and I do have Outfit Studio.  I've modded many games so far, just never altered the contents of mods aside from changing armor slot numbers in the Creation Kit for Skyrim.  Also, thank you kziitd for your help as well.  I'll get back to this thread and let you all know how I made out.  I really dislike asking for help without first trying to figure it out on my own, you know ?

Sorry to be a pain and ask this, but is there anyway way to unequipt the handcuffs during aaf animations because while wearing handcuffs the animations can be unimmersive. Thank you in advance for support!

15 hours ago, UE00 said:

Sorry to be a pain and ask this, but is there anyway way to unequipt the handcuffs during aaf animations because while wearing handcuffs the animations can be unimmersive. Thank you in advance for support!

Nope, the framework actively prevents removal of handcuffs. At the moment the fact that it does so during aaf animations is seen as a feature, not a bug.

3 hours ago, DocClox said:

Are there any plans for an ESM version? I'd love to put RH scripts on some cuffs and collars.

No... you can convert it to an ESM by setting the ESM flag of RH in FO4Edit and renaming the file, though. Then just develop your mod like usual.
If you want to release your mod, you can use FO4Edit to change the dependency back to .esp.

Im having issues where when my player is wearing handcuffs, it can mess with AAF animations. The animation will start, but after about half a second, my player will stand up and start shuffling her feet for the rest of the animation. The other NPC in sex scene will just continue to pound air, while my player just stands there. Is this a known issue?

It seems to only happen when my player is wearing handcuffs, and also only for certain animations.

On 7/3/2020 at 8:29 PM, twistedtrebla said:

Im having issues where when my player is wearing handcuffs, it can mess with AAF animations. The animation will start, but after about half a second, my player will stand up and start shuffling her feet for the rest of the animation. The other NPC in sex scene will just continue to pound air, while my player just stands there. Is this a known issue?

At least for me that is not a known issue. AAF animations are generally working for me, though they often look strange as the bound hands animation overrides the original arm position of the AAF animation. 

On 7/3/2020 at 8:29 PM, twistedtrebla said:

It seems to only happen when my player is wearing handcuffs, and also only for certain animations.

If you find a certain animation that can be used to trigger the problem reliably, I can try that one. Maybe I have just never tried animations that are prone to the problem?

2 hours ago, Kharos said:

If you find a certain animation that can be used to trigger the problem reliably

Try Gray's doggy or missionary. For me, it happens when already handcuffed and Violate triggers. (I pretty much never manually run animations)

The fix is to change animation and everything runs smoothly. Unless you have a staged scene where they popup between stages. Forget how to fix that, but it's really simple!

Hey Kharos, this mod continues to rock and remains a staple of my perverted playthroughs.  One of my favorite features is the final fallback "get out of jail free" card by using the workbench to escape handcuffs.  Is that a feature that could be easily modified/repurposed to work on devious devices as well? 

@KharosI like this mod and it is working correctly. That being said, I have a problem that I can't seem to solve.. How do you remove the shock collar? I'm using AAF: Violate mod and after a few scenes my PC got collared. It says I have to connect to Pip-Boy and then enter 4-digit code in order to unlock it. Any help? Also, sorry for dumb question lol

30 minutes ago, roten_man said:

@KharosI like this mod and it is working correctly. That being said, I have a problem that I can't seem to solve.. How do you remove the shock collar? I'm using AAF: Violate mod and after a few scenes my PC got collared. It says I have to connect to Pip-Boy and then enter 4-digit code in order to unlock it. Any help? Also, sorry for dumb question lol

The NPC that collared you will have a note with code in their inventory. Or use the Debug menu in MCM if all else fails.

Boston Devious Helper works nicely too.