7 hours ago, FovI said:

ok, sorry for the late reply but i havnt been playing the game since my last post

Don't worry, we all have lifes outside of computer games ?.

Your test results are already confusing; maybe the game does not like me to modify the player inventory directly after the lockpicking minigame?

7 hours ago, FovI said:

(Update) idk how, but the current update fixes my problem and i don't get chrashes.

This part is really confusing as I am not aware of any changes to the lockpicking minigame since 4.3 ?.
Anyway, I just hope your game remains crash-free in the future!

18 hours ago, Kharos said:

Don't worry, we all have lifes outside of computer games ?.

Your test results are already confusing; maybe the game does not like me to modify the player inventory directly after the lockpicking minigame?

This part is really confusing as I am not aware of any changes to the lockpicking minigame since 4.3 ?.
Anyway, I just hope your game remains crash-free in the future!

yeah, i looked through the patchnotes since my last update and didnt see anything mentioned about lockpicking, but it really did fix it somehow. Thanks for the help you gave me on this problem!

Very useful mod - now I can cuff captured raiders before putting them to work at a settlement using Just Business. Much more immersive than them suddenly fighting for me if I get attacked while I lead them into captivity.

But whenever I equip the handcuffs on someone wearing clothing that can be worn under armour (long johns, etc) it unequips the clothing, and re-equipping the clothing unequips the handcuffs. The armour on top stays on fine. Is that supposed to happen? I thought it was a clothing/armour slot conflict at first but it doesn’t seem to be - I even switched the slot with FO4edit to make sure...

9 hours ago, aliquis said:

Very useful mod - now I can cuff captured raiders before putting them to work at a settlement using Just Business. Much more immersive than them suddenly fighting for me if I get attacked while I lead them into captivity.

But whenever I equip the handcuffs on someone wearing clothing that can be worn under armour (long johns, etc) it unequips the clothing, and re-equipping the clothing unequips the handcuffs. The armour on top stays on fine. Is that supposed to happen? I thought it was a clothing/armour slot conflict at first but it doesn’t seem to be - I even switched the slot with FO4edit to make sure...

Nope, that's not supposed to happen. It does sound exactly like a slot conflict, so before we are looking into more complicated possibilities, can you please double-check that it is not?

• Start FO4Edit and load all plugins, not just RH
  • Find one of the affected under armours (e.g. long johns: 00019568) and note what slots it uses. It is possible that you have a mod that changes the slots, this is why I told you to load all plugins. If so you will be able to see that it is overridden in FO4Edit.
  • Now do the same for the handcuffs (e.g. RH_Handcuffs xy000802) - again the slots may be changed, for example if you installed the DD compatibility plugin.

Most probably you will find a conflict. My guess is that you installed DD and the DD Compatibilty plugion, causing a conflict in slots 37/38. If so, you have three options:

• Uninstall the DD compatibility plugin - this will slightly reduce compatibility between DD and RH, but it should not cause issues as long as you don't try to combine my handcuffs with DD handcuffs/legcuffs, or my collar with DD collars. This is the easiest solution.
  • Modify the slots in the DD compatibility plugin - this will cause my handcuffs to use different slots than the DD wrist cuffs, which is slightly incompatible but less so than removing the plugin. The problem is that you need to re-apply your changes when you upgrade RH.
  • Install Armorsmith Extended, this mod changes the used slots and they will be compatible. It is a good mod in my opinion but it makes a lot of changes to almost all armours and under armours, so it may not be what you want.

Yes, that was it! My mistake was to only load Real Handcuffs into FO4edit so it didn’t pick up that the slot was being overridden by the DD compatibility plugin. I’ve removed the plugin for the moment while I have a look at your other suggested solutions.

Thanks for the comprehensive reply - much appreciated!

Hello, I am having an issue that i can't assign new settlers to the carpets anymore. Old settlers who are already assigned to them still stay, but i can't move them to another carpet.
I am guessing it could be a script overload?

----

Edit: I figured it out, there are some conflicts with the newest version of Workshop Framework. I reinstalled the previous version of Workshop Framework and it is working again.

9 hours ago, i213022 said:

Hello, I am having an issue that i can't assign new settlers to the carpets anymore. Old settlers who are already assigned to them still stay, but i can't move them to another carpet.
I am guessing it could be a script overload?

----

Edit: I figured it out, there are some conflicts with the newest version of Workshop Framework. I reinstalled the previous version of Workshop Framework and it is working again.

Oi, that's not good at all. If that is true then I have some work to do to make it compatible.

Did you try the newest hotfix of Workshop Framework (2.0.0a)? According to the Nexus page the original 2.0.0 release had issues with some scripts.

2 minutes ago, i213022 said:

Unfortunately it is still not working correctly, I still can't assign settlers to them.

Ok. So to reproduce the problem, I need to try to assign a settler who is currently not assigned to a prisoner mat to the prisoner mat. Is that correct?

2 hours ago, Kharos said:

Ok. So to reproduce the problem, I need to try to assign a settler who is currently not assigned to a prisoner mat to the prisoner mat. Is that correct?

Yes, or at least that's how it is in my game. Oh, and I tested with a settler from Just Business, so it could also be issue from Just Business? (i didn't think of that earlier). If you couldn't reproduce on your end I could try to test with a normal settler.  

8 hours ago, i213022 said:

Yes, or at least that's how it is in my game. Oh, and I tested with a settler from Just Business, so it could also be issue from Just Business? (i didn't think of that earlier). If you couldn't reproduce on your end I could try to test with a normal settler.  

I just uploaded a fixed version.

Version 0.4.7
=============
compatibility with WorkshopFramework 2.0.0
- change function used to detect assignment to prisoner mats to be compatible with WorkshopFramework 2.0.0
- some tweaks to code that tries to keep captives in place when returning to a settlement

The main change is compatibility with the new WorkshopFramework (technical details: I was overriding a function that was meant as an internal function of WorkshopObjectScript, so the blame is on my side, and the fix was really eays). The other change is just some pending change that I had already made to my local copy of the mod, should not really be visible in most cases.

1 hour ago, i213022 said:

Hmm looks like I found another issue, the cuffs are not shown on characters assigned the the mats. 
Should i do something after upgrading to the new version?

Works for me. I assign a settler who is not cuffed, the cuffs disappear from the mat and appear on her wrists. I assign a settler who is already cuffed, the cuffs stay on the mat (and her cuffs continue working).

Hi, thanks for the great mod. After upgrading to the latest version of real handcuffs and workshop framework, I am unable to use allied red workshops to free myself from the cuffs. I get the option "Use tools" on non-allied workshops but can't use it. I don't get that option on allied workshops, just workshop, transfer and manage settlement.

I looked in FO4edit and don't see any conflicts. 

Any suggestions?

4 hours ago, thehotness said:

Hi, thanks for the great mod. After upgrading to the latest version of real handcuffs and workshop framework, I am unable to use allied red workshops to free myself from the cuffs. I get the option "Use tools" on non-allied workshops but can't use it. I don't get that option on allied workshops, just workshop, transfer and manage settlement.

I looked in FO4edit and don't see any conflicts. 

Any suggestions?

It's a conflict with Workshop Framework's "Manage Settlement" menu that it adds to the same red workshop. You need to turn that feature off to get rid of the conflict: MCM -> Workshop Framework -> Framework Controls -> Manage Workbench.

I make a note to see if I can find a better solution for the next release (e.g. automatically turning that Workshop Framework feature off when the player is bound).

1 hour ago, Kharos said:

It's a conflict with Workshop Framework's "Manage Settlement" menu that it adds to the same red workshop. You need to turn that feature off to get rid of the conflict: MCM -> Workshop Framework -> Framework Controls -> Manage Workbench.

I make a note to see if I can find a better solution for the next release (e.g. automatically turning that Workshop Framework feature off when the player is bound).

Thank you!!! worked like a charm. 

1 hour ago, OlBenny said:

Hi everyone!  So, after I loaded a save I got "[Realhandcuffs] Deleting player token without input layer" in my HUD.  It's also in my Papyrus log, which I've attached.  What does that mean?

Papyrus.0.log 61.83 kB · 0 downloads

It means that something went badly wrong in Real Handcuffs (technical explanation: A property that is supposed to contain an InputLayer object was suddenly set to None after loading the savegame). It also means that Real Handcuffs detected the issue and tried to fix it automatically. If you are lucky, everything should be working normally. You can test that by for example equipping some handcuffs on your character and see if things work as expected.

I do not know what caused the issue. It might be a corrupt savegame (if you have an "earlier" savegame that is not too old, it might be better to revert to that old savegame). It might be a random error in the game, the Fallout 4 engine does have some bugs (there are reasons that I put in safety checks like the one that you triggered).

If this is the first time that you are seeing such a message, you can probably ignore the issue. As I write above the game sometimes just has random bugs. If you are seeing stuff like that more often, then something is definitively not working as it is supposed to work.

[Edit] You did not per chance use a script cleaning tool (e.g. Fallrims Tools) on your savegame? If I remember correctly I added that check because somebody used Fallrim Tools to clean unattached scripts from their savegame, leading to the property being None after loading the savegame and things not working anymore.

Can I pick your brains again? I'm working on a set of amputee cuffs:

image.png  image.png  image.png  image.png

Now, they're not intended for walking around in, but since this is a WIP I equipped them on one of my first first chance I got, and then added handcuffs because I like the posture amd the combat suppression.

Of course, this means I get a pair of handcuffs floating in the air behind my girl here. Not a problem: I can make an invisible set and that'll work fine. But what I'd quite like to do is make sometjhing specifically for these amputee cuffs. Specifically, I'm thinking of a bar to join the two stumps. and then if I can figure it out, maybe a little thruster attached to the bar to  try and explain why they can move with no legs.

Only problem I've hit is how to get the model into the handcuffs pose so I can work out where the bar needs to go. Any pointers you can share? Bonus points if they work with Blender or Outfit Studio, since those are the tools I have. (Or nifskope which I'm trying to learn how to use properly).

7 hours ago, Kharos said:

It means that something went badly wrong in Real Handcuffs (technical explanation: A property that is supposed to contain an InputLayer object was suddenly set to None after loading the savegame). It also means that Real Handcuffs detected the issue and tried to fix it automatically. If you are lucky, everything should be working normally. You can test that by for example equipping some handcuffs on your character and see if things work as expected.

I do not know what caused the issue. It might be a corrupt savegame (if you have an "earlier" savegame that is not too old, it might be better to revert to that old savegame). It might be a random error in the game, the Fallout 4 engine does have some bugs (there are reasons that I put in safety checks like the one that you triggered).

If this is the first time that you are seeing such a message, you can probably ignore the issue. As I write above the game sometimes just has random bugs. If you are seeing stuff like that more often, then something is definitively not working as it is supposed to work.

[Edit] You did not per chance use a script cleaning tool (e.g. Fallrims Tools) on your savegame? If I remember correctly I added that check because somebody used Fallrim Tools to clean unattached scripts from their savegame, leading to the property being None after loading the savegame and things not working anymore.

Hi Kharos!  Thank you very kindly for responding, I do truly appreciate it.  Indeed, it was a corrupted save.  After that had appeared, the error message that is, I tried to save a little time thereafter and my game CTD.  I forgot about the age-old don't load from auto saves' Bethesda "funness"; and after I reverted to a save prior to the auto save, the error message went away.  I think it's rather cool that your mod detected the savegame corruption before I had even realized it.  Cheers to you!

7 hours ago, DocClox said:

Only problem I've hit is how to get the model into the handcuffs pose so I can work out where the bar needs to go. Any pointers you can share? Bonus points if they work with Blender or Outfit Studio, since those are the tools I have. (Or nifskope which I'm trying to learn how to use properly).

Oh, modelling/animation work, my weak point.

Sorry, I don't know of a way to copy a pose from the game into blender. When I made the handcuffs it was a lot of try and error to get them to align with the character model ?. Maybe somebody with more animation and modelling experience than me can help...