8 hours ago, Faustling said:

Off the top of my head: tried it with ropes, yoke, handcuffs, not sure which kind. The character will draw weapons and fight, then reverts to the previous state. Saving and loading doesn't help. I'll experiment a bit more and let you know if I learn anything.

I've had this happen after being Violated and watching my companion get equipped with DD and RH then their default outfit being equipped. The DD just flash then are "mostly" replaced by their default outfit.  RH always stay... so I just turn off DD, or set it to 2 items when with a companion.

The "fix" for me, is to remove the handcuffs, equip the DD in their inventory, travel around a bit then remove their DD, exit the trade menu, enter trade again, handcuff them, exit/enter again & remove the cuffs.
That is IF the DD restraints they were equipped with originally are in their inventory. If not, you have to craft every bloody restraint and try with each one.

In short, for me, it's a DD issue and not a RH issue.

4 hours ago, izzyknows said:

I've had this happen after being Violated and watching my companion get equipped with DD and RH then their default outfit being equipped. The DD just flash then are "mostly" replaced by their default outfit.  RH always stay... so I just turn off DD, or set it to 2 items when with a companion.

The "fix" for me, is to remove the handcuffs, equip the DD in their inventory, travel around a bit then remove their DD, exit the trade menu, enter trade again, handcuff them, exit/enter again & remove the cuffs.
That is IF the DD restraints they were equipped with originally are in their inventory. If not, you have to craft every bloody restraint and try with each one.

In short, for me, it's a DD issue and not a RH issue.

I think this is a side effect of the fact that DD uses two items for each restraint, an "inventory item" and a "rendered item" (which is the actual item but invisible in the inventory). This is in theory a cool design that makes it much simpler to prevent the player from unequipping stuff; in RH I had to write a lot of complicated scripts to reach the same goal. The problem with that design is that the mod can get confused. The two parts can get "out of sync", especially if other mods that are not DD aware mess with the equipment.

24 minutes ago, Kharos said:

The problem with that design is that the mod can get confused.

Oh.. DD gets cornfused a lot! LOL!!!

"Might" have a bug in 4.4 beta 3. The option popup (struggle,investigate/stay bound) wasn't popping up. (new run) Will fiddle with it after lupper. (to late for lunch, to early for supper)

25 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

"Might" have a bug in 4.4 beta 3. The option popup (struggle,investigate/stay bound) wasn't popping up. (new run) Will fiddle with it after lupper. (to late for lunch, to early for supper)

Interesting... I have the same effect in my testing, when I load a savegame and equip handcuffs. When I load an existing savegame where they are already equipped (they were equipped with a previous version of the mod), it works. I will need to investigate that.

As a workaround, enable the hotkey in MCM, that works for me. Oh, and thanks for catching that. No idea how it was broken though, I did not make any changes to the "player is bound" part of the mod, as far as I know :classic_confused:.

2 hours ago, Kharos said:

As a workaround, enable the hotkey in MCM, that works for me. Oh, and thanks for catching that. No idea how it was broken though, I did not make any changes to the "player is bound" part of the mod, as far as I know :classic_confused:.

I kinda like it... but I use Boston Devious Helper, so getting out of them is no problem. But... there are times where one needs to remove just the cuffs. LOL

Hotkey it is... for now. ;)

21 hours ago, Kharos said:

Most probably you are using restraints from Devious Devices [ https://www.loverslab.com/topic/73925-devious-devices/ ], not from my mod.

My mod "only" has handcuffs, and they look like actual handcuffs, including a chain (or a hinge) connecting the two cuffs. If in doubt, please look a the screenshots in the download section [ https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/8485-real-handcuffs/ ]. Do the handcuffs that you are using look like that? If not, they are not form my mod.

Interesting: In debug mode I get "Wearing: (none) Package: 0002a101". I presume that is an orphaned DD script. I put on some regular handcuffs and got this message: "Wearing: Handcuffs Package ECD00083C RH_BoundHandsFollowPlayer".  That's your script.  I saved in this state, then restarted and removed the handcuffs. The DD script then popped up again, so it has somehow become the default. Obviously, this isn't your fault, but any suggestions would be nonetheless much appreciated.

(Later) Now I think I have a handle on it.  I used the real handcuffs, saved, then quit. Then, I removed 1 unattached script and started again. This time, the orphaned  script was gone. Not sure how this happened though.

(Later) Not quite there yet. The mysterious Package 0002a101 is still in place, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. Dunno why.

(Later) Oh great, the next time I loaded from save, the problem was back again. I'll have to work on this some more.

(Later) I added the DD device and equipped it, then removed it and equipped handcuffs instead. Saved and rebooted. Now, the guy had the DD device AND handcuffs equipped, though only the handcuffs showed. Unequipped the DD device again. saved and rebooted. This time, only the handcuffs were equipped. OK, that's weird, and I don't understand it entirely, but I think I must have forgotten that UNEQUIP thing at the top of the inventory, or I only clicked on it, instead of pressing T to unequip.  Anyway, like I said, it's not your fault.

4 hours ago, Faustling said:

Package: 0002a101". I presume that is an orphaned DD script.

Nope, 0002a101 is FollowersCompanionPackage, a package from the base game (not from a mod). As far as I know this is the package that is normally running on your active follower, so everything is ok from an AI perspective. If you still have problems (e.g. hands are still on back) then this is caused by something else, e.g. an animation keywords sticking to the actor.

1 hour ago, Achronight said:

would it be easy to make the fingers move when you are tied ? 

It feels kinda stiff as it is now. 

As far as I know that is possible. It would require replacing the "bound hands" animation with one where the fingers are moving. This animation is playing in a loop, so to make it look good it would require a longer animation (30 to 60 seconds) where the arms are not moving (maybe move very slightly to make it look natural) and the fingers are moving a bit. Shorter and it would probably be too obvious that the pattern repeats.

I am not really a good animator. But if anyone has the software, skills and time to do something like that, I am ready to provide technical help about how to integrate it with the mod (necessary to test how it looks in game).

20 hours ago, izzyknows said:

Ok, that was an interesting investigation (I mean the missing option popup, not DD).

• I can only reproduce it when starting a new game (did you discover it in a game that was started with 0.4.4 beta 3, too, @izzyknows?
  • It can be fixed by opening MCM Debug page, disabling RealHandcuffs, closing MCM and waiting for the message, then going back to MCM and enabling it again.
  • It is caused by the following change: fix race condition leading to error messages about "orphaned token
  • I am still not sure why, my fix just changed the order of some operations; it looks like registering for keys on an object outside of the player inventory does not work?

I have locally reverted the fix and implemented a different fix for the race condition. If I find no issues during testing, I will release the fixed version in the next days.

3 minutes ago, Kharos said:

I can only reproduce it when starting a new game (did you discover it in a game that was started with 0.4.4 beta 3, too,

Yes it was a new run with 4.4 beta 3. I have a vanilla (no mods) save I usually start new runs with.

So here is a question I am sure has been answered, (but I can't find).

How do you remove the shock collars, if you can not find the password note? After I was defeated, I made my way back to the same area, but the raider was gone/ didn't drop the note when I killed him. 

(I say this, because he could have been killed by an NPC somewhere and I didn't see, as the area in question is an intersection of random spawns, patrols, and a check point close by as well!

thanks a bunch!

Hi Kharos, just wanted to let you know I really appreciate your continued work on this! I've had an issue for a while with Danse not fighting/using weapons, which seemed to be down to a restraint of some kind that was no longer in his inventory. (Caused by him being abducted, from the RSA mod.) When I updated to the latest Real Handcuffs version (I was using 0.4.2) it automatically detected and fixed the issue!! Was really happy to see that - had tried all sorts of things to get fix the issue without success :)

5 hours ago, kharita said:

Hi Kharos, just wanted to let you know I really appreciate your continued work on this! I've had an issue for a while with Danse not fighting/using weapons, which seemed to be down to a restraint of some kind that was no longer in his inventory. (Caused by him being abducted, from the RSA mod.) When I updated to the latest Real Handcuffs version (I was using 0.4.2) it automatically detected and fixed the issue!! Was really happy to see that - had tried all sorts of things to get fix the issue without success :)

Glad to hear that the problem fixed itself.

If anybody has similar problems, you can try disabling and enabling the mod in the Debug MCM menu (do not forget to exit MCM and wait for the message after each step). This is a somewhat experimental procedure, so I strongly suggest making a dedicated savegame before doing this.

11 hours ago, OlafOlafOlaf2 said:

For some reason I can't find RH items placed via CreationKit/Script. Eg CreateShockCollarWithModsEquipOnActor works fine, but CreateRemoteTriggerCloseTo doesnt. Does anyone know what might cause this?

I am not sure what exactly you mean by "I cannot find". Are you writing a script, or using the console to spawn items?

• If you are writing a script, CreateRemoteTriggerCloseTo should return the ObjectReference of the created item. Check that it is not null (if should never be null). Also check that you do not pass the InitiallyDisabled flag, or if you do, make sure to call ObjectReference.EnableNoWait().
  • If you are you using the console to spawn items, the following console commands should spawn a remote trigger at the player's feet (I just tested it, it works for me):
    help RH_MainQuest 4
    cqf <id-of-RH_MainQuest> "CreateRemoteTriggerCloseTo" 14 0

Version 0.4.4 beta 4
====================
fix more problems
- translate npcs when kneeling down on prisoner mats to force them to face the correct direction
- slightly repositon kneeling prisoners such that their knees are on the prisoner mat
- allow interactive posing of workshop npcs who are assigned to prisoner mat but somehow fail to get on the mat
- various animation fixes to reduce twitching or sudden changes of pose
- fix registration for input events when starting new game or when installing mod for the first time

> slightly repositon kneeling prisoners such that their knees are on the prisoner mat
This will not work for prisoners who are already kneeling when upgrading the mod. You need to tell them to get up and down again to fix the position.

Generally the animation system of Fallout 4 is giving me quite a hard time, though it feels like I am getting there. I am wondering if it would have been smarter to use AAF, though I find the AAF api a bit hard to use and generally fail when trying to create the required xml files. Also it would have made AAF a dependency (at least for the poses).

Every now and then I get put into cuffs that have the lock facing away and can’t be slipped out of, and so far I can’t get help from npc’s to get out of them, like they don’t even acknowledge that I’m in cuffs (not going to lie, that feature might have been apart of AAF Hardship Beggar Whore and I’m just realizing it now that I’m not using it...) Anyway, my question is if that’s by design, like if it’s once they’re on, you have to die and/or reload when you didn’t have them on? I dunno, seems pointless at that point.

1 hour ago, Tburgundy said:

Every now and then I get put into cuffs that have the lock facing away and can’t be slipped out of, and so far I can’t get help from npc’s to get out of them, like they don’t even acknowledge that I’m in cuffs (not going to lie, that feature might have been apart of AAF Hardship Beggar Whore and I’m just realizing it now that I’m not using it...) Anyway, my question is if that’s by design, like if it’s once they’re on, you have to die and/or reload when you didn’t have them on? I dunno, seems pointless at that point.

RH doesn't provide NPCs that will free you from cuffs.  You can use the workbench (the main red workbench) at a settlement that you own to get out of cuffs, and Boston Devious Helper and Hardship both let NPCs help you out of cuffs. 

7 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

RH doesn't provide NPCs that will free you from cuffs.  You can use the workbench (the main red workbench) at a settlement that you own to get out of cuffs, and Boston Devious Helper and Hardship both let NPCs help you out of cuffs. 

oooooohhhhhh, that helps, thank you!

7 hours ago, shoopdawhoop said:

Installing this mod causes a blank entry to appear in the perks list. Only had one other mod (Intimidation overhaul) do this, not gamebreaking but a bit of a concern to see it happen.

Thanks for the report. I am using hidden perks for part of the functionality; some are permanent, some are added when the player is restrained. Well, they are supposed to be hidden. Turns out I forgot to check the "hidden" checkbox in Creation Kit for two of them.

Fixed in the next version (that should be released very soon).

Version 0.4.4 rc 1
==================
support for other mods
- try harder to prevent the game and other mods (e.g. Better Companions) from teleporting NPCs in "bound wait" state
- try to fix some situations where the AI did not switch to the correct package, or not switch fast enough
- add new ThirdPartyApi functions to make bound NPCs follow other actors: SetBoundHandsFollowTarget, ClearBoundHandsFollowTarget
- add new ThirdPartyApi functions to make bound NPCs wait, optionally with a pose: StartBoundWaitState, ChangeBoundWaitStatePose, StopBoundWaitState

[Edit]

Reuploaded the archive, there was a missing value in the esp.

In general the "bound waiting with kneeling pose" system is now stable enough that other mods could use it, e.g. to set up scenes for hostages or abductions. There is currently no support for putting the player into such a pose.