Hello, 

I am trying to get this mod working. Currently I have MCM, F4SE, Devious Devices, and AAF installed and working properly. When I install this mod, in MCM I get

"Disabled: LL FourPlay scipt is too old, version 28 or later is required." under the Real Handcuffs menu.

I have tried reinstalling mod, restarting computer, fresh saves, but nothing seems to get this mod to work.

Any advice? Thanks for the help!

11 hours ago, Stuff99 said:

Hello, 

I am trying to get this mod working. Currently I have MCM, F4SE, Devious Devices, and AAF installed and working properly. When I install this mod, in MCM I get

"Disabled: LL FourPlay scipt is too old, version 28 or later is required." under the Real Handcuffs menu.

I have tried reinstalling mod, restarting computer, fresh saves, but nothing seems to get this mod to work.

Any advice? Thanks for the help!

Are you using a reallly old AAF version?

Did you install RH with the option to install the LL FourPlay files?

Are you using a mod manager? If it is MO, you can do the above (install using LL FourPlay files) and then check in the conflicts tab if something overwrites the LL FourPlay files.

On 4/20/2020 at 10:23 AM, Kharos said:

Are you using a reallly old AAF version?

Did you install RH with the option to install the LL FourPlay files?

Are you using a mod manager? If it is MO, you can do the above (install using LL FourPlay files) and then check in the conflicts tab if something overwrites the LL FourPlay files.

Sorry for a bit of a delayed response-

A few other mods weren't working for me either so I decided to purge all my mods and reinstall the game. This time I installed Real Handcuffs BEFORE AAF and the mods both work now. It seems you were correct, for some reason the LL FourPlay files were being overwritten by AAF or some other mod I had installed. Thanks for the help, great mod btw!

5 hours ago, Stuff99 said:

Sorry for a bit of a delayed response-

A few other mods weren't working for me either so I decided to purge all my mods and reinstall the game. This time I installed Real Handcuffs BEFORE AAF and the mods both work now. It seems you were correct, for some reason the LL FourPlay files were being overwritten by AAF or some other mod I had installed. Thanks for the help, great mod btw!

Glad to hear that it works now, Btw if you are using the most recent AAF version, it does not matter which one is installed later. They are using the same version of the LL FourPlay files.

8 hours ago, fallout4 gaming said:

i installed f4se and installed the mod correctly but the handcuffs dont actually cuff the player they only go on one hand is there any fix for this im not even sure its probably my fault but yeah 

This does exactly sound like something is not installed correctly.

Are you using some kind of tool (MO, NMM, Vortex) that installs the mod for you? If so the  mod itself is probably installed correctly. If not, I highly suggest you start using one of these tools.

The most probable reason is that you did not install (or use) F4SE correctly. It needs manual installation, which can be a bit tricky. The F4SE archive contains several files and folders. The exe/dll files need to go into the root folder of the game (the same folder that contains Fallout4.exe). The Data folder in the archive needs to be merged with the game's data folder; so your game's Data/Scripts folder should contain all the .pex files from the F4SE archive. The game then needs to be started using f4se_loader.exe, not Fallout4.exe or Fallout4Launcher.exe.

If it is still not working, please open the MCM main page of the mod and look what it says under "Installed Version". It should look like the following:

installed_version.png.ff7bf5eb780ecb9d7d329eecdd6282b2.png

Version 0.4.4
=============
final 0.4.4 release, almost identical to 0.4.4 rc 1
- fix an edge case when following the player with bound hands and the player goes through a loading screen

I have not heard of any serious bugs with 0.4.4 rc 1, so I am calling this a stable version.

Version 0.4.5
=============
small quality of life improvements
- when a NPC (follower, JB slave, ...) is commanded to use a prisoner mat, they are automatically assigned to the workshop
- add a new MCM setting to disable the above behaviour ("Automatically Assign Prioner Mat Users to Workshop")
- add recipe for crafting high security handcuffs in one step, instead of crafting regular handcuffs and then upgrading the lock
- add recipe for crafting hacked shock collars in one step, instead of crafting mark ii/iii collars and then replacing the firmware
- add option in MCM debug menu to equip restraints on player or on  NPC under crosshair, for easier testing of new features (somewhat experimental)
  • Auto-assignment of NPCs to workshops may or may not work with custom companions and non-standard follower frameworks. Symptoms of it not working include weird behavior where the NPC is assigned to the workshop (workshop population increased by one) but still recruited as a follower.
  • Auto-assignment will (of course!) not work on NPCs who are not workshop NPCs, i.e. who cannot be assigned to workshops manually.
  • The new MCM debug menu function is mainly to make it easier for me to test things, but it can also be used to force restrains on the player or a NPC as some kind of "cheat mode".

@KharosCan I pick your brains about the remote trigger? I was trying to make one for Raider Reform School but I can't work out how the script is linked to the weapon or projectile.

Also, did it need to be an explosion? I can see that makes sense for the collars, but I'm hoping to be able to aim at a specific slave, and then use a remote to change her tats and top, so I'd need a single target to be affected.

Also (having finally read the licence) do I have to ask fadingsignal and Hitman47101 for permission to use the detonator mesh and animations?

2 hours ago, DocClox said:

@KharosCan I pick your brains about the remote trigger? I was trying to make one for Raider Reform School but I can't work out how the script is linked to the weapon or projectile.

Also, did it need to be an explosion? I can see that makes sense for the collars, but I'm hoping to be able to aim at a specific slave, and then use a remote to change her tats and top, so I'd need a single target to be affected.

Also (having finally read the licence) do I have to ask fadingsignal and Hitman47101 for permission to use the detonator mesh and animations?

Hi DocClox

Yeah, if you are copying the detonator mesh and animations, please ask for permission. I asked fadingsignal on Nexus; he gave me permission and asked me to credit Hitman47101 in addition to him.

The whole setup of the remote is quite complicated. I did not come up with this, it is how the remote is handled both in fadingsignal's mod "Remote Explosives" and in kinggath's mod "Sim Settlements - Conqueror". So I basically reverse engineered what they are doing and expanded it a bit to make it more moddable at the weapon workbench.

• the remote trigger is set up as a pistol, using the 10mm dummy receiver mesh which is as far as I know invisible
  • there is a hidden "standard receiver" mod which adds the mesh of the actual receiver
  • the weapon is tagged with an animation keyword (RH_AnimsRemoteTrigger)
  • animations for this keyword are defined in RH_HumanRaceSubgraphData and RH_PowerArmorRaceSubgraphData
  • the ammo property of the weapon is set to null
  • there is a transmitter mod that overrides the fired projectile

That last part, the transmitter mod, is how the actual script is triggered when the remote is used:

• if you look at RH_ModStandardTransmitter, it sets the projectile to RH_RemoteTriggerStandardProjectile
  • when the remote is used, this projectile is fired from the "pistol"
  • the projectile is invisible and set to have no speed, almost no range, and no lifetime
  • the projectile will explode using RH_RemoteTriggerStandardProjectileDummyExplosion
  • the explosion has zero force and damage, and no visual affect
  • the explosion will spawn a RH_RemoteTriggerStandardActivator on the place of the explosion (which is invisible, too)

I do not care about the projectile and the explosion! The whole purpose of this complicated machinery is allowing me to place an activator object when the weapon is fired, as close to the weapon as possible. A script is attached to the activator (see RemoteTriggerActivator.psc). When the activator is spawned, OnInit() is called; the script then does whatever it needs to do and deletes the activator. The nice thing is that the location of the activator is the location of the gun (or at least close enough that I don't care about the difference), so I can use FindAllReferencesWithKeyword(..) to find all nearby actors with shock collars.

I have not tried activating only a specific slave. If I had to do this, I would try the following options:

• It may be possible to give the invisible projectile some range and lifetime, and make it explode when it strikes a target. The hit NPC should be the one closest to the activator. Not sure if this will work, I have not tried it.
  • If that does not work, cheat by using LL_FourPlay.LastCrossHairRef() and use it if it is an actor. Will not work when the remote is fired by NPCs but probably not a problem.

Oh wow. That's brilliant, thanks! I got some of that from looking at the esp, but in particular the mod to override the ammo completely passed me by! No wonder I couldn't work out where the script was attached.

3 hours ago, Kharos said:

Yeah, if you are copying the detonator mesh and animations, please ask for permission. I asked fadingsignal on Nexus; he gave me permission and asked me to credit Hitman47101 in addition to him.

OK, I'll do that.

3 hours ago, Kharos said:

I do not care about the projectile and the explosion! The whole purpose of this complicated machinery is allowing me to place an activator object when the weapon is fired, as close to the weapon as possible.

So them, if I understand correctly, you place an activator a what is pretty much your location, your presence activates it, and that runs the attached script. Which can then do anything you want.

So for a single target activation, I might be able to get away with finding who is under the cross-hairs and then using them as the subject of the script. Just as if I'd used a hotkey, but with a little more immersion. That's pretty much what I'm aiming for. (Which is what you suggested, now I look again. Got carried away with my own enthusiasm...)

Right, I'll go and ping fadingsignal on Nexus. Thanks again for the help.

3 hours ago, fred200 said:

Don't let that great piece of documentation get lost! A comment block in the code would be great.

Good idea, I'll add a (somewhat shortened) version to the header of RemoteTriggerActivator.psc.

24 minutes ago, FovI said:

hi, i have no idea what causing this, but any time i unlock my cuffs with bobby pins the game ctd's. It happens anywhere and with hinged or normal cuffs.

Just to make sure that it's actually caused by picking with bobby pins... you did try unlocking your cuffs with a key, and it does not crash, right?

33 minutes ago, Kharos said:

Just to make sure that it's actually caused by picking with bobby pins... you did try unlocking your cuffs with a key, and it does not crash, right?

yes, when i unlock them there is no problem, it only happens after i pick them. I just tried some more stuff but its 100% consistent, instant ctd after unlock.

16 hours ago, FovI said:

yes, when i unlock them there is no problem, it only happens after i pick them. I just tried some more stuff but its 100% consistent, instant ctd after unlock.

It works on my machine, making it hard for me to find the reason for the crash. Do you have time to test the following things:

• fail the lockpicking minigame (either by pressing esc, or by deliberately breaking the lockpick)
  • put the handcuffs on a follower or settler, then try to take them off by picking the lock (make sure you have no key in your inventory)

Do you get crashes in these situations, too? This could give me some hints about the reason for the crash.

• 2 weeks later...
Version 0.4.6
=============
various fixes and improvements
- remote trigger will now work on collars of NukaWorld traders/captives (repeated shocks can kill, be careful not to kill the traders!)
- they should also work on vanilla collars added by any other mod, as long as the mod is using the NukaWorld armor object
- NPCs will now start exiting furniture as soon as their shock collar starts beeping
- increase chance that captives are still in place when returning to a settlement
- DD compatibility plugin: remove neck slots usage from institute leg cuffs (bug in DD causing compatibility issues with shock collar)
- add suport for canary save file monitor

Rather small changes in the mod itself, nothing big.

The one big change is an internal change: The sources are now on github to facilitate collaboration with others (https://github.com/RealHandcuffs/RealHandcuffs/). The repo is still a bit rough, for example I still need to create a proper README.md explaining the directory structure and how to "build" the mod from the sources.

Building the mod is the other internal change. Up to now creating the installer package was a manual process where I had to compile papyrus scripts, build .ba2 archives, and finally put everything into a .7z file. There were one or two occasions where I screwed that up and had to re-upload a fixed version of the mod. Now I have a brand new (and rather complicated) bash script doing all this work automatically - it takes less than 15 seconds on my (admittedly rather beefy) machine. In theory the installer should work exactly like as before; if you see strange behavior in the latest installer, please tell me.

8 hours ago, Tentacus said:

Hey @Kharos

Just wanted to remind you that Hardship makes pretty extensive usage of Real Handcuffs and has it as a requirement, incase you wanted to add it to the OP.

The OP is a bit old, I should probably take time to bring it up-to-date (I only modified version numbers and links).

7 hours ago, Kharos said:

The OP is a bit old, I should probably take time to bring it up-to-date (I only modified version numbers and links).

LOL. Trust me, I know how that is. Gonna have to rewrite my OP and instructions in a day or 2 for the first time in ages and, NOT looking forward to it.

Hi there !

I've actually messed up my game  when I unpacked a huge bsa texture mod into my game directory, so I reinstalled it with, I thought,  all the mods I had , but when I reload my saves I have some missing esps : one of them is real handcuffs- DD compatibility esp.  I don't even remember where the heck I got it... and can't find it here on forums ...  same for AAF-HHS compatibility ... it would be nice if someone could share the links to those mods or even better the zipped files . Thanks :)

Nothing I'm just being stupid ...

4 hours ago, mertinlad said:

Nothing I'm just being stupid .

Glad you were able to sort it out. Also please don't just write "I'm being stupid", tell us how you solved the problem instead. This can save the day for somebody else who makes the same mistake (stupid mistakes happens to most of us at some point of our live ?).

If I have to guess: You installed Real Handcuffs before you installed Devious Devices, so the installer did not install the compatibility plugin?

17 hours ago, Kharos said:

Glad you were able to sort it out. Also please don't just write "I'm being stupid", tell us how you solved the problem instead. This can save the day for somebody else who makes the same mistake (stupid mistakes happens to most of us at some point of our live ?).

If I have to guess: You installed Real Handcuffs before you installed Devious Devices, so the installer did not install the compatibility plugin?

Ok you convinced me mate ?

Actually you have to install DD first, cuz RH has already a built in compatibility to check inside the installer. As for High heels system alongside AAF, HHS has an AAF plugin :) . I was just dumb enough (or blind you choose) to not see those 2 plugins ... ?

On 5/9/2020 at 9:49 AM, Kharos said:

It works on my machine, making it hard for me to find the reason for the crash. Do you have time to test the following things:

• fail the lockpicking minigame (either by pressing esc, or by deliberately breaking the lockpick)
  • put the handcuffs on a follower or settler, then try to take them off by picking the lock (make sure you have no key in your inventory)

Do you get crashes in these situations, too? This could give me some hints about the reason for the crash.

ok, sorry for the late reply but i havnt been playing the game since my last post.

I failed the lockpicking by breaking the bobby pin and i still got an instant ctd

i tried just exiting out of it and the game didn't ctd at all

i tried breaking the lockpick on a settlers handcuffs and it did not ctd

i tried picking the lock on a settlers handcuffs and unlocked them no problem and didnt ctd.

just unlocking the cuffs on myself with the key doesnt ctd either, so i has to be a problem with the lockpicking minigame

at this point i am on version 4.3, i'm now gonna test the newest version

(Update) idk how, but the current update fixes my problem and i don't get chrashes.