13 hours ago, Marg597 said:

ended up going back to a previous save and didn't end up getting locked into anything.  Must have been a surrender thing.

Yes, chances are you're using AAF Violate for combat surrenders, its MCM has integration for Devious Devices including sliders where you can limit the number of random devices an attacker can put on you as well as the percentage chance any will be added at all. Further, if you install Roggvir's DD Items Manager, its MCM will let you fine-tune which devices you do or don't want put on you and even weighted percentages for different kinds of restraints.

8 minutes ago, Syberia said:

Hello,

great looking mod , but when i put away my weapons and go into Raider's Camp they are hostiles.

The mod updates on "named" locations. Meaning, you store your weapons in a container in Lexington, the Raiders will still be hostile. But as soon as you make it to Corvega, the mod sees the "named" location change and adds you to the slave faction (if I remember right) and the Raiders, Gunners etc become non-hostile.

Idea... if you don't go through with the ransom letter, you wake up to find Jun Long has sold you out to the Raiders anyway. Surrounded by Raiders, after sleeping, all goes black, then you wake up dressing in Rags, on a dirty mattress. Then you get your Slave Collar...

18 hours ago, Krazyone said:

Idea... if you don't go through with the ransom letter, you wake up to find Jun Long has sold you out to the Raiders anyway. Surrounded by Raiders, after sleeping, all goes black, then you wake up dressing in Rags, on a dirty mattress. Then you get your Slave Collar...

As long as he sells his sister to a different raider camp, that's fine. I just don't want to have to hear her bitching and moaning the whole time I'm in there, you know?

13 minutes ago, DeadWabbits said:

Question. Where does raiders pet pull from the for the sex scene timers? They are much longer than my say...voilate timers or MCG timers but heck if I can find the setting.

It's in the script DialogueQuestScr.psc

Lines 1710 and 1765 and I believe line  557 would need tweaked too.

Then compile the script and see if it works.

14 minutes ago, DeadWabbits said:

What program do you use to edit that .psc file?

It's plain text, so any text editor will do, even notepad. The tricky step isn't the editing, it's the compiling.

8 hours ago, vaultbait said:

As long as he sells his sister to a different raider camp, that's fine. I just don't want to have to hear her bitching and moaning the whole time I'm in there, you know?

Stick a huge gag in her mouth, and have her be silent until it's removed.

Maybe a new shock collar triggered by using your voice-box, that shocks annoying characters into being silent. Yes... I'm looking at you Jun and Marcy Long, and the Preston Garvey Fan Club, when you take him along with you, praising the laziest Minuteman ever...

I love this mod but there is one problem i have.

Currently i am playing more "realistic" life with survival mod from Flashy.

Problem is, that raider will not feed you which leads at one point to your passing.

Is there a way to have raiders feed you and support you. Drugs alone will not do it.

I am sure the majority plays without these mods i am using. But if you do, you only can hope that you escape before you die (of natural causes).

14 minutes ago, wutpickel said:

If you play as the mod is intended, with your character serving in Corvega, you will see that there is a lot of food distributed there, a water source and you will find a lot of mattresses.

For what Raider Pet lasts (say two days ingame, max) is more than enough. After that you are free to go wherever you want, with or without your collar.

I remember asking Stobor for an option like the one you ask, for those of us who play Survival, but it really isn't necessary and the mod is pretty round.

If anything, an electric shock would be nice every time you refuse a raider, hehe. ?

Edited by JBpy
8 minutes ago, JBpy said:

If you play as the mod is intended, with your character serving in Corvega, you will see that there is a lot of food distributed there, a water source and you will find a lot of mattresses.

For what Raider Pet lasts (say two days ingame, max) is more than enough. After that you are free to go wherever you want, with or without your collar.

I remember asking Stobor for an option like the one you ask, for those of us who play Survival, but it really isn't necessary and the mod is pretty round.

If anything, an electric shock would be nice every time you refuse a raider, hehe. ?

You know, i went yesterday to the hardware store by Diamond City and even though i got out at one point, i was already so weak i could not run. 

I think i was not really two days there (maybe i was), but then i did not check the days. I just seen the message "you are starving" and my AP points draining. :)

I think if they would drop something, it would be nice. Since i play with Hardship enabled, i am not sure if Raiders Pet does it or Hardship but i do get some "gift" sometimes. Last time it was some caps.

Definitely like the collar. :)

2 hours ago, wutpickel said:

I love this mod but there is one problem i have.

Currently i am playing more "realistic" life with survival mod from Flashy.

Problem is, that raider will not feed you which leads at one point to your passing.

Is there a way to have raiders feed you and support you. Drugs alone will not do it.

I am sure the majority plays without these mods i am using. But if you do, you only can hope that you escape before you die (of natural causes).

Scrounge for food as a first priority. Eat things which are likely to spoil, hoard junk food which keeps for longer. Of course, I'm coupling Advanced Needs with the Scavver's Closet mod's option to limit how many food items, bottles and meds I can carry to a very small number, so I also end up stashing extras in central locations in the camp. If you bring a companion with you, they can carry supplies too (and the raiders don't rob them so they're a safe place to stash initial provisions, though this is sort of a cheat). Also consider sticking some supplies an easy walk from the raider camp before you surrender to them.

Edited by vaultbait
40 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Scrounge for food as a first priority. Eat things which are likely to spoil, hoard junk food which keeps for longer. Of course, I'm coupling Advanced Needs with the Scavver's Closet mod's option to limit how many food items, bottles and meds I can carry to a very small number, so I also end up stashing extras in central locations in the camp. If you bring a companion with you, they can carry supplies too (and the raiders don't rob them so they're a safe place to stash initial provisions, though this is sort of a cheat). Also consider sticking some supplies an easy walk from the raider camp before you surrender to them.

Ah, yes. Strategy. Never thought about that.

Once you are with raiders, one of them follows always. Have to experiment with that a little.

With the system i use at the moment, i got to the point that i was only able to carry around 20 pounds. But to be honest, i think that is the biggest flaw with RPG's in general in that game will let you carry unreal amounts of items around. 

But yes, i think i should be more strategic about the play. Normally, i'll never play with companions though.

Thank you so much

22 hours ago, izzyknows said:

It's in the script DialogueQuestScr.psc

Lines 1710 and 1765 and I believe line  557 would need tweaked too.

Then compile the script and see if it works.

I'm sorry but what "lines" are you referring to? There is no number system that I can detect...

Scrolling down I found this section however, I dont want to change this one and then miss the others.

;; Switch to a new position:
    AAF:AAF_API:PositionSettings NewPosition = AAF_API.GetPositionSettings()
    if ( SecondaryPos == "" )
        ;; Default for most animations:
        NewPosition.duration = 60
    else
        ;; Shorter duration for poses, there's less going on.
        NewPosition.duration = 20

Also can you explain what you mean when you say "compile the script"? :)

Edited by DeadWabbits
5 hours ago, DeadWabbits said:

I'm sorry but what "lines" are you referring to? There is no number system that I can detect...

Also can you explain what you mean when you say "compile the script"? :)

Sorry, I use Notepad ++ sooo I just have a habit of referencing the line number. LOL

If you search for 60 you'll find the lines that need changed. There are 3 of them.

To compile a single script,

Open the Creation Kit

Click on Gameplay>>Papyrus Script Manager, Wait for it...

In the filter box type in (or copy & paste) DialogueQuestSc

Right click on RaiderPet:DialogueQuestSc and click Compile.

Done. Go play the game.

18 hours ago, izzyknows said:

Sorry, I use Notepad ++ sooo I just have a habit of referencing the line number. LOL

If you search for 60 you'll find the lines that need changed. There are 3 of them.

To compile a single script,

Open the Creation Kit

Click on Gameplay>>Papyrus Script Manager, Wait for it...

In the filter box type in (or copy & paste) DialogueQuestSc

Right click on RaiderPet:DialogueQuestSc and click Compile.

Done. Go play the game.

Ooooohhh so I have to get the creation kit involved. Never even used that lol.

18 minutes ago, DeadWabbits said:

Ooooohhh so I have to get the creation kit involved. Never even used that lol.

The Papyrus Script Compiler can be run from the command line too, you don't have to launch the interactive CK... though the compiler is distributed as part of the CK so you still need to use the Bethesda Launcher to download and install the entire thing unfortunately. When learning this on my own, I found the Papyrus FAQs an indispensable wealth of information. Also most stuff relies on the base game script sources being present, which basically nobody warns you aren't unpacked automatically, but merely installed as a zipball which you need to know to find and decompress in place manually first.

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Also most stuff relies on the base game script sources being present, which basically nobody warns you aren't unpacked automatically, but merely installed as a zipball which you need to know to find and decompress in place manually first.

What mods require that be done?

Serious question, not being a smart arse! I've compiled a boat load of different mods scripts and don't have the base game scripts unpacked. (Using the CK, not the command line) As long as the mods source is included it just works. LOL

Edited by izzyknows
6 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

What mods require that be done?

Serious question, not being a smart arse! I've compiled a boat load of different mods scripts and don't have the base game scripts unpacked. (Using the CK, not the command line) As long as the mods source is included it just works. LOL

I know I at least needed the base scripts unpacked to be able to successfully pass -f="Institute_Papyrus_Flags.flg" to PapyrusCompiler or else it wouldn't find the flags. This is for pretty much anything, but at least specifically for recompiling the Violate scripts (which in turn also require AAF script sources). Maybe the CK frontend automatically extracts the base script sources to a temporary build location or something, but invoking from the CLI doesn't?

19 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

I know I at least needed the base scripts unpacked to be able to successfully pass -f="Institute_Papyrus_Flags.flg" to PapyrusCompiler or else it wouldn't find the flags. This is for pretty much anything, but at least specifically for recompiling the Violate scripts (which in turn also require AAF script sources). Maybe the CK frontend automatically extracts the base script sources to a temporary build location or something, but invoking from the CLI doesn't?

Ya know that might be the case. Would explain the wait time for the compiler window to open.  or not.. LOL

Edit:

I'll be horn swaggled! I DO have the Base.zip extracted! Honestly don't remember doing that!! Well... shite!

Edited by izzyknows