you are prejudiced?

all humans have some prejudice.

if you're denying it, you're being hypocritical.

update of the question:

prejudice related to races, cultures, religions, social class of people, mentally / physically disabled, fat, homosexuals, feminists, abortionists ... these things my dear ones.

expose your prejudice in public or send me a private message (if you are shy).

If you want, you can update your answer.

I used the google translator. My native language is not English.

prej·u·dice [ˈprejədəs] NOUN preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.

Sure, but in most cases what people refer to as prejudice are just informed opinions based on prior experience and reason.

For example, here are a few I've developed hiring folks for years:

• I won't hire any women of childbearing age to key technical positions, I can't afford a potential maternity leave.
  • Millennials are the worst generation and my expectations are fantastically low when I'm about to interview one of them.  I still try to give them the benefit of the doubt - but most have the work ethic of paraplegic on disability.

Cockroaches

Bigots

Bigots that pretend to be progressive

Armchair Holier Than Thous

Fetishists unable to reconcile the laws of physics and common sense and the strange and frightening concept their fetish isn't universal

Nazis

People unable to read

People that lack common sense and refuse to compensate for it by learning things or looking for exemplary help

Meat People

People that think their multiton truck is a smart car

People that think their smart car is a multiton truck

People unable to change their mind when confronted with factual information directly contrary to their opinion

People that post 17 gigs of exactly the same camera angles and poses every time they post

1 hour ago, Vuulgar said:

It seems to me the idea that everyone is prejudice is definitely a preconceived notion. Blanket labels and assumptions are exactly where bigotry comes from.

Indeed.  Generally speaking, I don't prejudge people - I give them the respect another human being is due... once, upon interacting with them though.... that's another story.....

Yup Im prejudiced, mostly because I suffered bullying for being "weird and too intelligent", it turned me into a bit of an intellectual supremacist...

I have prejudice against:

Mentally disabled people

Slow people

Ignorant people

Those who try to delay or stop scientific and technological development

SJW

Other assholes beliefs of mine:

Stupid people shouldnt have the right to take important decisions or hold positions of power they exist for menial tasks and to serve intellectuals

Those with stupid ideologies like SJWs and anti vaccers should have special towns/cities to follow their bullshit, but they wont recive any sort of support from the country. Their inability to make their bullshit work will cause huge failures. Most of them would die rom doing Dumb shit without thinking of consequences and that coupled with othr failures will serve as an example of why you shouldnt fall for their crap.

I'm horribly biased against anything mechanical that doesn't work.  Yep.  I've been known to pound small mechanical devices flat when they fail to do what they are supposed to do.  I'm currently seeking mechanical patience counseling.......but apparently there is a shortage of folks who take on this type of counseling.  Who knew.............?

Of course! Prejudice is rational and logical. Basically, anything that can be categorized or classified as conjunction is subject to prejudice to different degrees.
Race, class, religion, political standing, region, intelligence, age, sex; variabilities which trigger logical responses based on previous experiences or (directly or indirectly) gathered data. 
We evolutionarily are designed to do so as means of ensuring survival, an instinct. Bit by a snake once, shall not be bitten twice.

On 8/11/2018 at 12:36 AM, Vuulgar said:

It seems to me the idea that everyone is prejudice is definitely a preconceived notion. Blanket labels and assumptions are exactly where bigotry comes from.

That's the trouble with per-conceptions/stereotypes.  Though a vast majority of a particular group may have certain observed traits, due to innumerable factors (among them environmental/upbringing), there's always the outlier.  That small minority within any group that thinks for themselves, does their own thing, and goes there own way.  The problem is, under certain conditions, such as hiring people as atrix mentioned, it is simply not worth your while to give any individual from a particular group the chance to prove that they are different from the observed behavior of the rest of the group.  If you're a business, you simply can't afford the cost of the time and effort it would take to weed these "gems" out from the junk, and you're better off going to another group that does have a proven record.  Of course, you then run the risk of finding one of that group's outliers, one that doesn't have the positive traits you observe/associate with the group.  But the observed levels are very obvious:  It's far more likely to find an undesirable among a group of undesirables than it is among a group of desirables.  Simple math, really.

Oh, and don't get me started on political correctness and the censorship that that has caused.

I am very prejudiced against people who are prejudiced against people for stuff they have no control over - eg protocolk for being prejudiced against mentally disabled people. What the actual fuck dude?

That's no different to a white supremacist being prejudiced against black people.  

On 8/10/2018 at 8:51 PM, AWP3RATOR said:

My father says he's not prejudiced - he dislikes all other people equally.  The older I get, the more truth this seems to have.

Thank goodness I'm not the only one that feels that way. I abhor, hate, despise, etc anything that has to do with political correctness and the coddling of children; the sooner they realize the world isn't fair and doesn't owe them anything, the better the rest of us will be. As such prejudices include snowflakes (college kids, though I don't like too much of the real stuff), the far political left and right, fanatics, and people who lack common sense and civility. Reading that, I guess politicians are high on the list of my prejudices.

Oh, I'm prejudiced against so many people. Highlights? I hate extremist SJWs, neo-nazis, Antifa, the fucking smug 1%, US ghetto culture, rabid Trump supporters, post-modernist "thinkers," BLM, fundamentalist christians, fundamentalist muslims, hypocrites of any stripe, false rape accusers, politically correct parrots, Westboro Baptist Church, vegan zealots, precious snowflakes, radical atheists, communists, this lazy entitlement culture, greedy CEOs, radical third wave feminists, climate change deniers, PETA radicals, and a partridge and a pear tree.

The biggest trend there is probably the post-modernist tendency in general to value personal, subjective feelings higher than objective, overarching truths, or "narratives" if you will, resulting in a general contempt for arguably the west's greatest achievement, the incredible flowering of humanist science since the renaissance. I guess that's in the definition, since modernism was defined by rationality. This is more than just a strong dislike, it's worrisome for the future generations in general. I shake my head and am not surprised when I see articles about students decrying science itself as patriarchal or colonialist. Both sides, the left and the right, seem to show less and less capacity to evaluate things rationally and on central, common ground. The rejection of an overarching common good goes hand in hand with this mentality that your own precious bubble matters so much. The polarization of politics in the USA is only to be expected.

As far as lesser prejudices go, well, there's a grain of truth in everything. I try not to let it cloud my judgement, as everyone deserves a chance, but it's usually worth keeping in mind.

Prejudices - or heuristics - are indeed natural and universal, but being human is about trying to overcome the things that are natural to us yet detrimental. Prejudice causes you to miss out on talent, experiences, etc. because of your first judgment. Whenever it's an actually important decision that can afford or demands time & gravity, prejudice is the enemy. 

Appropriate use of prejudice - things like "should I avoid this person? Are they likely to be harmful to me?" as a snap judgment in a public setting. Inappropriate - most other things. Also, when your data is bad ("people of X race are intrinsically more likely to be harmful to me" is not good data), you need to actively work to overcome that prejudice even in the snap-judgment scenario.

Archived